***The Official May 2017 Thread***

My flight just dropped again today on Southwest. It has gone from $131 to $95 to $74. I now have a $6x.xx dollar credit on 4 accounts that I am not sure what I am going to do with because we do not travel often, but it is nice to have the credit. I do not think any other airline does this.

My fast pass day is tomorrow! I am super excited! I'd be even more excited if I could nail down our actual plans for which park(s) on which days. :faint: Not a big surprise, but when I ask any/all of the family going with me, I get responses like, "whatever you do will be fine," or my absolute favorite (from the husband), "just don't OVER schedule us, we want some flexibility" Ugh! He is still living in the old fast pass system in his head, lol! He did tell DS2 yesterday that I have been reading up on stuff and will have some great things planned for us, so at least I know he appreciates all the time I have been spending trying to organize this trip.:mickeyjum

About to drop a California Grill Brunch ADR at 12:30 on May 14th. I know that day is Mother's Day so I wanted to give a heads up!

Booked our flights this morning. A little late to the game but I was holding out for a deal and it paid off!

I paid the remaining balance on our trip :teeth: today! I'm so excited. I have to finalize our park schedule and touring plans this weekend b/c we can make our FP+ selections on the 21st :yay:.

I would be interested to learn more about this. We have Epcot scheduled on May7. Are you able to PM me further details?
I just sent you a PM. If you're already going to be at EPCOT on the 7th it would be easy for you to head over to the YC marina and a special way to cap off the night.

My dad and I are doing a short trip this time. It's our Disney Double-Birthday-Palooza. We reserved the trip on his birthday and we'll be there for mine. He gets here on May 10. We'll head up to Daytona Beach on the 11th, and do the Richard Petty Ride-Along on the 12th. Then we'll head over to Kissimmee and stay off property until we check into CSR on the 14th. I'm thinking of surprising him with a villa at Vistana. He hasn't been there in 20 years. My parents used to have a time share there when I was a kid. He loved it there. But he lost the timeshare in the divorce. Anyway, then it's off to Ep & MK for the next two days. pixiedust:

Eight days till FP+ Now I'm considering (really probably booking) Behind the Seeds for one of my Epcot days...never done it and always wanted to...F&G sounds like a great time to do it!

BUT now I have 68 days to go!
We've done the behind the seeds tour and really enjoyed it. I thought it was worth every penny.

Have a great trip!

So excited! Just found this forum! We're booked for May 27-June 2 at Pop Preferred. This our family's 1st! We have 2 girls, ages 3 and 5. Here are our details/ADRs so far:
Arrival day: dinner at Ohana
Sun: MK 8am breakfast at BOG
Mon: AK Lunch @ Tusker House
Tues: EP Lunch @ Askershus
Wed: Pool Day, then 7:05 dinner @ Royal Table (Extra Magic hrs)
Thu: HS early dinner @ SciFi, open to change this
Checkout day: MK, lunch @BOG, again open to change
Now I'm just sweating the Fastpass+ 60 day mark

You might want to look into the reviews for BOG food for lunch and breakfast. We have done both. The setting is great, but the food not so great, especially considering the high cost. The food has always seemed like it was sitting under a warmer for much too long. But you should try the grey stuff - it was delicious!

I would recommend doing BOG once for the experience, but perhaps find a different restaurant so you aren't doing BOG twice. The three breakfasts that we've done that I would recommend (and would do again ourselves) would be Garden Grill at EP, The Wave at the Contemporary resort, and Tusker House. Garden Grill and Tusker House are character Breakfasts, so they are a little more expensive. But the food was really good and the character interaction was fun.

My one FP+ recommendation for MK is this: if you want to do Peter Pan, get a fast pass for it. The line for that one always seems to be long.

Have a fantastic trip!

I had booked our flight down to Orlando but Southwest had not yet released the dates including our return flight until last month. I kept checking and it was $284 for the longest time! Then a few days ago it was down to $217. It still isn't the best price that I wanted to pay, but I was nervous that it was going to go back up, so I ended up booking our flight home. I'm glad that it's done, but I don't even want to go on the Southwest site again because if I see it cheaper I'm going to be mad! :laughing: I know they can give you a credit for a future flight, but that's only for a year and we won't be flying again for probably another 2 years.

On another good note, we are in double digits! 91 days!!! I can't believe that it is February already. Next month I can book our fastpasses!

I'm a little bummed about the magic bands. I wish we could get the new version, but since we had already received them for our November trip that we had to reschedule for this May trip, we won't be getting other bands.

I just booked the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage and I'm really excited about it. I don't like fireworks, but I know that DD and DS will really like it and I'm keeping it a secret for them :goodvibes

As I look outside at the snow, I can't wait to see Epcot and the Flower and Garden festival!

We did the Pirates and Pals fireworks voyage a couple of years ago and really enjoyed it...and it's just me and DH! :)

Have fun!

We are doing a split stay May 16 - 23. Poly, CSR, SSR. First time at Poly and CSR!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter