**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

Hi all!

First timer family heading down from Ohio June 4-10. We are staying at POR in a Royal Room. Myself, husband and our 2 kids ages 10 and 8.
None of us have ever been to Disney World and the kids have really never been on a big trip at all before. I was afraid I waited too long an the kids would think they are too old for Disney, especially my 10 year old but they haven't acted like that at all. We are all pretty excited as this will likely be our first and only WDW trip.
We are flying, the drive was like 16 hrs and thankfully we had enough rewards points on our credit card to get cheap flights so we are doing that instead.

I am doing the planning and have been slightly obsessed/overwhelmed with trip planning. Our vacations tend to be extended family things with beach houses or DH and I only all inclusives where we arrange travel and then just show up. This requires so much more, I had no idea. ADRs, touring plans, FP+ and all so far in advance. I've already made mistakes so I'm nervous going forward about making more.
We skipped the dining plan, 10 year old eats like a kid, I am a light eater and do is the 8 year old. I budgeted it out and feel we will possibly save a few hundred that way. I missed the initial booking window for our ADRs, I think I expected our Disney planner to do it but something happened there so by the time I went in 3 days after our window opened the restaurants we wanted were mostly available but the times were less than ideal. I kind of panicked and just booked stuff haha. Also since I have never been and really have no clue where we will be at what time, what shows we want to go to and how long it will take to get from A to B, etc.

So what we have thus far:
June 4- Arrival day
Check in POR, head to Disney Springs, late lunch at T-Rex then hang out at the resort to gear up for next day (also booked Boatwrights for dinner incase we want to cancel T-Rex, still undecided on that)
June 5- HS, Late dinner at Sci-Fi. Its really too late IMO but it is done
June 6- MK Late dinner at 'Ohana, also too late and I may cancel but really wanted to try it.
June 7- EP Dinner at Marrakesh
June 8- AK ROL Tusker House dining package for dinner
June 9- MK I made PPO BOG but also a BOG dinner reservation. I need to decide which to keep. I'm leaning towards dinner because it just feels like it would be cooler.
June 10- nothing planned. We have 6 days of tickets and our flight out is at 6:25p so we could visit a park in the morning but I don't know yet what to do. Maybe AK again

I'm nervous about touring and how to book our FP+, that will open in a few weeks and I'm not ready.
I am super excited and ready for it to be June already!
Your plan looks great! We have a few overlap days- June 6,7 and 9. Only thing that stuck out was you mentioned a PPO BOG on 6/9. MK has early EMH on 6/9... so if you are hoping for a ride advantage, there won't be one that day. But, if you just want an early breakfast- perfect!

Your plan looks great! We have a few overlap days- June 6,7 and 9. Only thing that stuck out was you mentioned a PPO BOG on 6/9. MK has early EMH on 6/9... so if you are hoping for a ride advantage, there won't be one that day. But, if you just want an early breakfast- perfect!

I didn't even notice that! I had breakfast and dinner booked and couldn't decide which to keep. I guess I just cancel the breakfast then, thanks for letting me know!

Fast passes: this is what I'm planning... anyone have feedback?

Sat EP 6/3
10-11 living with the land
11-12 figment
1:30-2:30 (ideally)Frozen

Sun MK 6/4
9:30-10:30 thunder mt
10:30-11:30 splash
2-3 speedway

Tues 6/6 MK
9:30-10:30 7DMT
12-1 elena/Cindy (girls) Space (boys)
2:15-3:15 Belle

Wed EP 6/7
9-10 character spot
10-11 test track
2:30-3:30 spaceship earth

Fri MK 6/9
9-10 7DMT
10-11 splash
11-12 thunder mt

Sat AK 6/10
9-10 new boat ride pandora (wishful thinking!)
12:15-1:15 Kali
1:15-2:15 Everest (might switch these two)

Sun 6/11
9-10 Mickey and Minnie meet
10-11 flight of passage
12:00 Nemo show

On my AK days... I guess I'm gonna book the two and hope I can get the Pandora rides? Maybe not Nemo because that should be easy to get a week or two out and that leaves more time to play with? On day one we have a 10:35 Tusker House ROL booked. We could do Everest in the AM I guess if pandora isn't available early in the day. Or we plan to come back around 5:30... it's hard to know what to do!

Fast passes: this is what I'm planning... anyone have feedback?

Sat EP 6/3
10-11 living with the land
11-12 figment
1:30-2:30 (ideally)Frozen

Sun MK 6/4
9:30-10:30 thunder mt
10:30-11:30 splash
2-3 speedway

Tues 6/6 MK
9:30-10:30 7DMT
12-1 elena/Cindy (girls) Space (boys)
2:15-3:15 Belle

Wed EP 6/7
9-10 character spot
10-11 test track
2:30-3:30 spaceship earth

Fri MK 6/9
9-10 7DMT
10-11 splash
11-12 thunder mt

Sat AK 6/10
9-10 new boat ride pandora (wishful thinking!)
12:15-1:15 Kali
1:15-2:15 Everest (might switch these two)

Sun 6/11
9-10 Mickey and Minnie meet
10-11 flight of passage
12:00 Nemo show

On my AK days... I guess I'm gonna book the two and hope I can get the Pandora rides? Maybe not Nemo because that should be easy to get a week or two out and that leaves more time to play with? On day one we have a 10:35 Tusker House ROL booked. We could do Everest in the AM I guess if pandora isn't available early in the day. Or we plan to come back around 5:30... it's hard to know what to do!

Without looking at your opening hours and assuming most will open at 9 am, I would say that your FP choices from 9-10 won't be necessary. The exception being anything Avatar. You are better off scheduling for a later time and just standing in line that early. Unless you are trying to get through them before midday breaks or to get extra fast passes later. That's what I noticed the most.

Yeah... I thought of that too. But... those times work best without major backtracking. We aren't bringing a stroller so we are trying to minimize walking where we can. We will hit those towards the end of the window and especially some of those character ones... if the line is short, I'll swap it for something else later.

I am probably over thinking this but this is just how my mind works, so here goes (questions in bold)....

Okay, so I am starting to think about what time we will need to get up in the mornings to make rope drop. I have probably never made a rope drop in my life. Mostly because I usually travel with my parents and my dad absolutely refuses to get up early enough. And also, I never used to really travel too much in the busy and hot summer months, so it probably wasn't necessary.

This trip, my parents are staying home so our plans are for rope drop every day as long as we can swing it. We will also do later evening touring to see the nighttime entertainment so we have midday breaks planned for every day, to help with rest and heat.

For those taking the bus, specifically to MK, what time do you plan to be at the bus stop so you can get there in time to experience Main Street before rope drop and see the Castle Show? I am thinking 7:15-7:30 and we will be coming from the WL. What time do you usually get up in the morning to be ready (and yes, I know there are a lot of forms of "getting ready" but I just wanted to do a little research)?

I was thinking 6am for myself to get my coffee and get myself taken care of before getting up my DH around 6:45 and my two boys (5 & 3) around 7am. We will just take some grab and go breakfast items with us to eat on Main Street while waiting, and then we have either a later breakfast or early lunch planned.

We will be driving to the other parks so I think I have a transportation wizard linked somewhere I can use to figure out drive time, but if you do drive to the other parks for a 9am open, what time do you plan to be headed that way?

Thanks, in advance!

Hi we will be at AOA from June 12-17, 2017
Well it is year out and I haven't seen the June Thread yet! So I guess I will start it!! :ccat:

We are looking at June 3rd - 10th at POR. Still a while away but definitely feeling the need to talk Disney and PLAN!
:jumping1:

:tinker:ROLL CALL

5/28-6/6 Poly jennypooh90
5/28-6/7 offsite Holly324
5/29-6/5 POR HollyS23
6/2-6/8 AS Sport Tinkerbell_Girl
6/2-6/10 BLT LovingPooh
6/2-6/11 CR/AK AZMermaid
6/2-6/11 AKV socababy
6/3-6/10 POR hbentleylll
6/3-6/10 CBR Prankess
6/3-6/10 POR Roxyfire
6/3-6/11 POR trvlgirlmq
6/3-6/11 WL ArielSRL
6/3-6/11 ??? mom2my3kids
6/3-6/17 POFQ Jodie.ross
6/4-6/11 POP M&M2006
6/4-6/12 Windsor Hills lauris87
6/6-6/13 BLT PoohsFan1
6/6-6/16 BCV/BLT Jfsag123
6/6-6/20 FW texasroni75
6/7-6/13 BB&J
6/7-6/14 POP Sunshine1629
6/11-6/15 BC Elizakapeka
6/12-6/20 WL Anesthesia Fine
6/14-6/19 CR Churchladychurchlady
6/17-6/25 POP DLmama

6/17-6/24 ASMo Candaceb
6/17-6/24 CBR ashleymrush
6/17-6/24 Windsor Hills erinsmom
6/17-6/25 Terre Verde Trisihi
6/17-6/25 CBR DisMom829
6/17-6/25 offsite howlongtildisney
6/18-6/23 WL WishnDisney
6/18-6/25 BW Little E
6/19-6/23 SSR leshunlenese
6/21-7/5 BC Jon84
6/25-7/3 BC patclairesmom
6/27-7/10 BC/Poly Ferrentinos
6/28-7/16 offsite Klayfish

:welcome:
***** If you want to be added/removed from the list or have any changes just let me know!!!

I am probably over thinking this but this is just how my mind works, so here goes (questions in bold)....

Okay, so I am starting to think about what time we will need to get up in the mornings to make rope drop. I have probably never made a rope drop in my life. Mostly because I usually travel with my parents and my dad absolutely refuses to get up early enough. And also, I never used to really travel too much in the busy and hot summer months, so it probably wasn't necessary.

This trip, my parents are staying home so our plans are for rope drop every day as long as we can swing it. We will also do later evening touring to see the nighttime entertainment so we have midday breaks planned for every day, to help with rest and heat.

For those taking the bus, specifically to MK, what time do you plan to be at the bus stop so you can get there in time to experience Main Street before rope drop and see the Castle Show? I am thinking 7:15-7:30 and we will be coming from the WL. What time do you usually get up in the morning to be ready (and yes, I know there are a lot of forms of "getting ready" but I just wanted to do a little research)?

I was thinking 6am for myself to get my coffee and get myself taken care of before getting up my DH around 6:45 and my two boys (5 & 3) around 7am. We will just take some grab and go breakfast items with us to eat on Main Street while waiting, and then we have either a later breakfast or early lunch planned.

We will be driving to the other parks so I think I have a transportation wizard linked somewhere I can use to figure out drive time, but if you do drive to the other parks for a 9am open, what time do you plan to be headed that way?

Thanks, in advance!
For a 9:00 park opening we do the same process you outlined above. I get up first and then everyone else follows. I usually get up around 6:00-6:15. We are heading to the buses around 7:30-7:45. From WL the bus is super fast, so you could leave a little later. Don't count on boat service that early though. We were once in a line for 45 min. and no boats showed up. You are much better off taking the bus if you are heading to the parks before rope drop.

For a 9:00 park opening we do the same process you outlined above. I get up first and then everyone else follows. I usually get up around 6:00-6:15. We are heading to the buses around 7:30-7:45. From WL the bus is super fast, so you could leave a little later. Don't count on boat service that early though. We were once in a line for 45 min. and no boats showed up. You are much better off taking the bus if you are heading to the parks before rope drop.
Bus service is super fast to MK. The other parks take longer. The last time we were there we went straight to MK, but other parks we picked up at GF and sometimes the campground.

if you do drive to the other parks for a 9am open, what time do you plan to be headed that way?

When we stay on site and drive to the parts we're normally out the door by 8am for a 9am opening. That way we can get parked, through security and be near the front of the wait line. Also if it happens that they let us in early then we're there and not stressing that we missed opening.

Thank you for the replies! I am glad to read confirmation that my plan should work! I am hoping to be at the gates by 7:45 or so because of the new opening procedure so I will plan on 7:30 for the buses. That way if we just miss one, we won't be too far behind. And yes, I definitely planned on the bus for the morning, then the boats for the midday breaks and possibly the ride back at night.

Bus service is super fast to MK. The other parks take longer. The last time we were there we went straight to MK, but other parks we picked up at GF and sometimes the campground.
Thanks for the info. I definitely think we will be driving to the other parks.

When we stay on site and drive to the parts we're normally out the door by 8am for a 9am opening. That way we can get parked, through security and be near the front of the wait line. Also if it happens that they let us in early then we're there and not stressing that we missed opening.
Thank you so much!

Well it is year out and I haven't seen the June Thread yet! So I guess I will start it!! :ccat:

We are looking at June 3rd - 10th at POR. Still a while away but definitely feeling the need to talk Disney and PLAN!
:jumping1:

:tinker:ROLL CALL

5/28-6/6 Poly jennypooh90
5/28-6/7 offsite Holly324
5/29-6/5 POR HollyS23
6/2-6/8 AS Sport Tinkerbell_Girl
6/2-6/10 BLT LovingPooh
6/2-6/11 CR/AK AZMermaid
6/2-6/11 AKV socababy
6/3-6/10 POR hbentleylll
6/3-6/10 CBR Prankess
6/3-6/10 POR Roxyfire
6/3-6/11 POR trvlgirlmq
6/3-6/11 WL ArielSRL
6/3-6/11 ??? mom2my3kids
6/3-6/17 POFQ Jodie.ross
6/4-6/11 POP M&M2006
6/4-6/12 Windsor Hills lauris87
6/6-6/13 BLT PoohsFan1
6/6-6/16 BCV/BLT Jfsag123
6/6-6/20 FW texasroni75
6/7-6/13 BB&J
6/7-6/14 POP Sunshine1629
6/11-6/15 BC Elizakapeka
6/12-6/20 WL Anesthesia Fine
6/14-6/19 CR Churchladychurchlady
6/17-6/25 POP DLmama

6/17-6/24 ASMo Candaceb
6/17-6/24 CBR ashleymrush
6/17-6/24 Windsor Hills erinsmom
6/17-6/25 Terre Verde Trisihi
6/17-6/25 CBR DisMom829
6/17-6/25 offsite howlongtildisney
6/18-6/23 WL WishnDisney
6/18-6/25 BW Little E
6/19-6/23 SSR leshunlenese
6/21-7/5 BC Jon84
6/25-7/3 BC patclairesmom
6/27-7/10 BC/Poly Ferrentinos
6/28-7/16 offsite Klayfish

:welcome:
***** If you want to be added/removed from the list or have any changes just let me know!!!
Hi! Can you put us down for the Yacht Club, June 3 - 10?

We are staying at BLT so we are walking to MK.... but I hope to be there around 7:45. I figure we want to be out the door by 7:30 at the latest. If I shower the night before, I think waking up at 6:30 will work. Usually DH showers while I dress. If the kids haven't woken up by the time we finish... I wake them up. But my kids are almost always awake before us. It'll be interesting to see if they are still up at 6 with the time change. They dress and eat breakfast while we finish getting ready and then we take turns eating and sunscreening the kids.

We are staying at BLT so we are walking to MK.... but I hope to be there around 7:45. I figure we want to be out the door by 7:30 at the latest. If I shower the night before, I think waking up at 6:30 will work. Usually DH showers while I dress. If the kids haven't woken up by the time we finish... I wake them up. But my kids are almost always awake before us. It'll be interesting to see if they are still up at 6 with the time change. They dress and eat breakfast while we finish getting ready and then we take turns eating and sunscreening the kids.
Thank you for the response!

Last year I showered on our break AND at night. None in the AM since 3 showers a day might have been too much. Lol. But I do like to take my time in the AM with my coffee and not feel rushed. I'm in the same time zone as FL and I get up at 5:50am for work and go to bed about 11:30 or so. Granted I don't walk miles and miles at work but I hope I'll be ok for the week. When we go back home, it's summer break so I will get to rest...well as much as my kids let me! Lol.

6/4-6/14 POR cherylsmike

Please add us to the roll call. My daughter's boyfriend is taking her on a trip and the rest of us thought we would tag along. The first trip our whole little family will get to take together since 2010 :cloud9:. We will be celebrating DD's boyfriend's first trip, my DS's high school graduation (he refuses to call it his graduation trip 8-), and my 22nd wedding anniversary :love:.

Thank you

Hey, would love to join the thread/chat :D

My sister-in-law and I are taking a trip just the two of us June 9-12 and we are staying at WL

Fast pass day is coming up in16 days for me! I signed up for touring plans but I don't like it much. Maybe I'm not using it right but the suggestions go against everything I've read about rope dropping and the like. I'll pay around with it some more when I have some free time.

The posts on the boards about spring break wait times are scary. I can't imagine waiting in line for an hour for everything. I'm patient but not that patient!

The tier parks are interesting. Like if we want to do Frozen, soarin and test track at Epcot we will have to FP one, RD one and just plan your wait know line for the other. Same with our HS day. That one doesn't soon so bad though because nothing there gets a ton of hype.
I haven't even gotten to MK or AK days yet! Those will be 2 and 1.5 days respectively so that may help a bit.

I'm probably over thinking it but it seems so important to having an enjoyable trip.

@AZMermaid thanks for sharing your plans, I like seeing what others are doing! It helps

Okay, June folks going home, tell me about your AK plans. At this time, I've got Tusker House ROL reservations for lunch at 11:55 on the 5th. Plan is to hit it at rope drop for EMH, but go straight to KS, then Everest as many times as we can ride (it's one of DS's faves). I want to schedule "Caring for Giants" at 10:30, and that would give us plenty of time for me to hit the Dawa Bar before lunch (this IS important; I NEED their mojitos). Then, depending on how the new FP+ tiers shake out, we'd use one for a Pandora ride in the afternoon (I'm assuming there's no way I'll be able to FP+ both), one for Lion King (in 6 trips to WDW, we've never seen it), and one for Kali. I'm thinking we'll need a park break, and since we've never seen AKL, I thought it'd be fun to pop over there for a bit, look around, snag some Zebra Domes, rest in the air conditioning, then head back to AK for ROL.

But that's the perfect world in my head. I've also made up my mind that if DS announces he's over it and wants to go back to the resort in the afternoon and blow off ROL, we'll do that.

Bottom line is I have concerns because 1) all our previous trips were in the spring when I pulled DS out of school, so the crowd situation is going to be new, and 2) I have NO idea what to expect from the combination of early summer crowds and new park stuff.

What are YOUR thoughts about AK in June? Share!!!!!!

AK is not my favorite park in the Summer, it just feels 20 degrees hotter than the other parks so not looking forward to that. That said, I am SO excited about all the new things at AK so it is high on my priorities for June. Right now my plan is I have a ROL dinner reservation at 4:40 on June 9th at TH, will go to dinner and then just explore the park, take in the sights, possibly catch a show or ride depending on wait times. Saturday June 10 EMH, we will be there for RD, and will head straight for Pandora. In my perfect world, I will score a FP+ for one of the new attractions and RD the other, if not, we will pick our fave and bolt to that and then get in line for the other and hope its not a 3-hr wait at that point lol. I would also like to do KS, Kali River Rapids & maybe Everest if I can talk my SIL into it, though I'm not hopeful lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter