• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

**~~***The Official June 2017 Thread***~~**

I am with you guys with the waiting game! I subscribed to Touring Plans so I have been playing with those which help pass the time. I also have been watching the later same day Fast Pass availibility to try to get an idea as far as what may be available- especially at MK.

I have what we call the "trip fund" which is basically a small stash of cash from "found money." Mostly this comes from selling stuff on Facebook, but ebates checks and rebates and whatever go in there too. Once I get over $200, I cash it in and get a gift card.. which I am ready to do. Woot!

I am starting to think about clothes. On our first MK day, we will be all wearing Donald. Not matching... but we each have a different Donald shirt. We are eating at Chef Mickey's that morning. I thought Donald looked more intentional that Mickey. My daughter's shirt.... eek... I hope she doesn't grow out of it. Little girls Donald shirts are hard to find. This one actually comes from a local company called My Daddy's Shirt. They take t-shirts and recycle them into kids clothes- adorable!

I also bought each kid a Finding Dory shirt for one of our Epcot Days- they don't match but coordinate. I saw Adult Dory shirts on Zulily this week but so far I have resisted the urge to coordinate us as well.

DH has worn the Mickey Polos in the past to Disneyland. He is a major sweater... so maybe I should buy him one or two of the golf ones. Hmmmm..... He recently lost a lot of weight so all these Disney XXLs that he bought throughout the years but could hardly wear now fit him well (big even) so it is like he has all new Disney clothes! But, they are mostly t-shirts. His Mickey Polos are all XXXL and probably too big.

I'm really hoping the new pool and renovations with Roaring Fork will be done by that time too, but who knows with Disney!

Yet another set of fingers crossed!! I'm going to be bold and say its 99.999999999% likely that Roaring Forks will be re-opened well before June. The new villas pool I'm going with 50/50 and I'm ok with that, I've accepted this fate :P

It's so nice to see others planning out their trips like I am :) I got a little trigger happy though and sent for one of my MagicBands already, waiting for this vacation is driving me insane! Its a good thing I did though cuz it's taking much longer than expected and with so many to order this vacation I guess I'll be doing this earlier than expected :confused3

Once that comes through and gets settled, I'll feel much better about this "splurge" upgrade to a deluxe.
We are staying CL so I emailed the new service for that to introduce ourselves.

Ooh! Deluxe and Club Level. You'll both have to report back and let us know what it was like! I've promised myself that I'm going to stay on the view-side of the Floridian some day, and have High Tea there, too, but not until we're all older (and by that I mean, no kids!)

I also have been watching the later same day Fast Pass availibility to try to get an idea as far as what may be available- especially at MK.

So spill!!! How's it looking?

I also bought each kid a Finding Dory shirt for one of our Epcot Days- they don't match but coordinate. I saw Adult Dory shirts on Zulily this week but so far I have resisted the urge to coordinate us as well.

I have Dory-themed PJ's for me and the kids... I made them try them on with their eyes closed so that I could be sure they fit, but so they would still be "new" and "a surprise." H doesn't get PJs, he's one of those that just sleeps in boxers... He has a couple of trip shirts he got for Christmas, but mostly it's easier to let him do his own thing...

So spill!!! How's it looking?

Small World, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Teacups are pretty widely available at about 60-90 minutes in the future (or less). Buzz, Jungle, Pooh, Mermaid and Haunted Mansion are also generally available but more like 90+ minutes in the future. Everything else is fairly spotty. I try to look between 2-4PM as that is when I will be done with my first 3 and looking to get more. Touring Plans only shows for 1 person and we have 4... so I am not sure this is an exact science!

I'm so bored I'm ready to do my taxes so I can get my refund since that's our Mickey money.

Hehe, me too. H always does our taxes and is usually psycho hounding me for stuff like my interest income and any charity stuff... this year, since the money's just going into holding patterns, he's been slow about it, whereas *I* want it done. Now. Yesterday! So I can put it where it goes and know that part is done. Unfortunately, just knowing how expensive he and the mini-hims are, I'll still need to put aside more than that... but it's all worked out and planned for. (A word of advice, when making your spreadsheet, *NEVER!!!!* look at the bottom line.)

We are at 126 days and I really need that to get to double digits! :)
I'm jealous! We're at 147... school doesn't even let out here until June 14th... :(

Small World, Dumbo, Barnstormer, Teacups are pretty widely available at about 60-90 minutes in the future (or less). Buzz, Jungle, Pooh, Mermaid and Haunted Mansion are also generally available but more like 90+ minutes in the future. Everything else is fairly spotty. I try to look between 2-4PM as that is when I will be done with my first 3 and looking to get more. Touring Plans only shows for 1 person and we have 4... so I am not sure this is an exact science!
I have separate tix...not a package...so I can check on mde. Do you have a package booked?

Hehe, me too. H always does our taxes and is usually psycho hounding me for stuff like my interest income and any charity stuff... this year, since the money's just going into holding patterns, he's been slow about it, whereas *I* want it done. Now. Yesterday! So I can put it where it goes and know that part is done. Unfortunately, just knowing how expensive he and the mini-hims are, I'll still need to put aside more than that... but it's all worked out and planned for. (A word of advice, when making your spreadsheet, *NEVER!!!!* look at the bottom line.)

I'm jealous! We're at 147... school doesn't even let out here until June 14th... :(
I'm in GA so both kids and teachers are out before Memorial Day. As a teacher, I work til the Friday before, so I basically have a week to get my life together before we leave for Disney......lol.

I have separate tix...not a package...so I can check on mde. Do you have a package booked?
No... we are DVC members. I haven't bought our tix yet. I plan to after the credit card cycles on 2/15... with my fingers triple crossed that prices don't go up before then.

No... we are DVC members. I haven't bought our tix yet. I plan to after the credit card cycles on 2/15... with my fingers triple crossed that prices don't go up before then.
Ah ok. Well I need to start looking but I'll have to start looking around 5:30....bc we take that break and I'll probably schedule 1 or 2 before and 1 (or 2) after.

Last year, I had an alarm set on my phone to remind myself to look and see what we could get after a certain time!

Ditto! But in Arizona
I toy with the idea of starting the trip like the Tues or Wed after Memorial Day but I really feel like I need that week to tie up all our trip loose ends! The last few weeks of school are so crazy, it's hard to get anything else done!

My prep is at 1:30, which is 3:30 in FL (at least till daylight savings time starts... or ends? I don't get daylight savings time, we don't have it). So I usually think to look around then.

My prep is at 1:30, which is 3:30 in FL (at least till daylight savings time starts... or ends? I don't get daylight savings time, we don't have it). So I usually think to look around then.
Lol. Daylight saving time starts in March. Right now it's standard time, which I hate! During DST, in summer, its light until 9pm. The night owl in me loves it!

I just decided I wanted to try to get a PPO breakfast at BOG since it doesn't look likely that there will be EMM on 6/6. I was able to snag an 8:50 on the day I want... but I'm hoping for earlier. I put it into Touring Plans reservation finder and crossed my fingers! I did read you can go back at 8 with any reservation before 9... but I think I'd feel better about that with an 8:30 reservation than 8:50.

It was 11pm last year, I believe. At least the first week. I think The Boneyard was open really late because we stayed late and I had to rush my kids by it so they wouldn't want to stop and play.
This made me LOL! I did notice last years hours were until 11 pm, but prior years was much earlier. Wondering if it will stay in line with 11 pm due to the night time safari, even if Pandora/ROL isn't open yet. SO hard to plan with so many unknowns lol

This made me LOL! I did notice last years hours were until 11 pm, but prior years was much earlier. Wondering if it will stay in line with 11 pm due to the night time safari, even if Pandora/ROL isn't open yet. SO hard to plan with so many unknowns lol
I totally agree! I am trying to figure out what to do about my Sanaa reservation(s) on June 7. I currently am holding a late lunch, early dinner, and late dinner because of all of the unknowns at this point! We were there the same week last year and the park was open until 11:00 every night. We are hopping from MK because my girls really want to see AK at night. I hope the hours are adjusted before the 60 day FP booking window opens!!!

I totally agree! I am trying to figure out what to do about my Sanaa reservation(s) on June 7. I currently am holding a late lunch, early dinner, and late dinner because of all of the unknowns at this point! We were there the same week last year and the park was open until 11:00 every night. We are hopping from MK because my girls really want to see AK at night. I hope the hours are adjusted before the 60 day FP booking window opens!!!
Agreed! I have Boma reserved for two different nights because I want to see what happens as far as Pandora and Rivers of Light. I am hoping to do the rumored Flame Tree BBQ dining package on our long AK day. But... if there is no ROL.... then we will just head back to the hotel and eat at Boma. If there is... I will keep it for our MK day. If we decide we want to stay for dinner at MK that night... I will just cancel it all together. But that is a day before decision based on how we handle the heat and crowds.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter