The Official DIS Oscar LIVE PARTY thread!!! "Mistake" video in post #705

Imzadi

♥ Saved by an angel in a trench coat!
Run out & get munchies AND fresh, new batteries for your TV remote controls - you may need the batteries more than the munchies, before the night is over. :mic: Also, NOW is the time to steam your Oscar LIVE Party duds. Terry cloth robes & fleece jammies need time to steam and hang. And you might want to lint roller all the pet fur off your fuzzy slippers. :thumbsup2

The DIS Oscar LIVE Party is tonite! Everyone is invited. Newbies welcome! :welcome: It's the last, longest, hopefully the best, live award show of the season.
This is when they put on the best dresses.
thDancergreen.gif
bf-mejnking0.gif
y4g_zpse5b5ed67.gif%7Eoriginal
dramaqueen.gif
queen2_zps4b425fcd.gif%7Eoriginal
Or so they think. :eek: :crazy2: :scared: :sad2:
There will be some speeches to laugh at :lmao: cry over :sad1: or be forced to sit through. :headache:
And this golden man award is handed out.
oscarib5_zpsb4649010.gif%7Eoriginal
535d3eb7.gif%7Eoriginal
hi51.gif%7Eoriginal
:crazy2: :sad2: :hyper:

Jimmy Kimmel is hosting the Oscars for the first time. :woohoo: :yay: :cheer2: popcorn::
While he usually makes very tame jokes, the actual nominees and award presenters may get very political. :headache: :badpc::duck:THIS is why I recommend to get new batteries for the MUTE button on your TV remote control. It is the closest you may get to taping their mouths shut. :mic: :headache: -->
tape2.gif
:thumbsup2

WARNING: While typos are allowed, the DIS Word Filter will be running. (I can't get it unplugged for the party.
fa5148b0-8f40-47e7-9a21-ad041558a6e3_zpsasbpahog.jpg
) No by-passing the DIS Word Filter if you decide to repeat something a presenter/winner says. :hyper2: That means no typing part of a word you know is censored -> z***** or filling in the asterisks -> z%#^@&. (There had better not be a DIS censored word that begins with a "z" or I'm in trouble. :eek: ) Don't type it out at all, expecting the DIS Word Filter to catch it, as it might not. :eek: Just BE SAFE & manually asterisk out the whole word yourself -> ******

A WM/Mod is always invited to the Live Party. :) Let's have her here as a guest, not working to delete comments (general) you make in response to what the presenters/winners say, or (general) you needing to respond to what another DISer says in response to what the presenters/winners say. :upsidedow Let's make this a NO DIS Points night! :thumbsup2

You know the drill if you've attended before. :tongue: Load up on munchies & drinks,
watchdrama8jm.gif
wine & booze are welcome. :drinking1 Including the Red Carpet, it's 6½+ hours depending on when you tune in and how long you stay. :eek:

We have two Red Carpet channels this year.
thDancergreen.gif
bf-mejnking0.gif
dramaqueen.gif

(Although, ABC usually has exclusive coverage when they start airing their Red Carpet. Any other channel starts to show rerun footage of the dresses or the hosts just start talking amongst themselves.)

Start times:
East Coast (EST):

The Red Carpet starts at 5:30PM - 7:30 (EST) on E!
The Red Carpet starts at 7PM (EST) on ABC. (Now called Oscars Opening Ceremony.)
The Award Show starts at 8:30PM (EST) on ABC.

West Coast (PST):
The Red Carpet starts at 2:30PM - 4:30 (PST) on E!
The Red Carpet starts at 4PM (PST) on ABC. (Now called Oscars Opening Ceremony.)
The Award Show starts at 5:30PM (PST) on ABC.

Canada:
Please check the channels & times above as the Red Carpet is on a different channel than the award show will be.
Red Carpet is on E!: Shaw Direct: Ch 168
Award Show is on ABC. The show is live on both coasts, so either coast feed should work.

Australia: for Princess In Oz
queen_zps5300c6ae.gif%7Eoriginal
& other Aussies :upsidedow :teeth:
Monday morning: The Red Carpet starts at 9:30 am on E! Although that means that the real red carpet will start at 10.00 am. So you can snooze a bit more. :)
The Award Show is being telecast on Channel 9 at 12:30 pm.

This will be a NO SPELLING & GRAMMAR POLICE THREAD!
The Spelling Police will be off duty and possibly slurring their own typing by the end of the evening. Typos allowed! :woohoo: :drinking: :drinking1 And if your posts are still making sense by hour 3, you aren't sloshed enough. Or, we are as toasted as you are! :lmao:

Let's have another fun evening! party: :jumping1: :rainbow:

Last edited:
:teacher: A little heads up for newbies: The Red Carpet segment goes really quickly on this thread. People are typing like crazy all at the same time, seeing different dresses on 3 different channels. (On E!, CNN and ABC.)

If you post something or ask a question and it seems to get ignored, :( you are NOT being ignored. Everyone is just watching, typing & posting so quickly before the dress goes off the screen. We do most of the reading, scrolling back & posting back to each others' comments during the COMMERCIALS! :surfweb: Your posts will get a response then. :hyper2:

Once the show starts, it slows down to a more comfortable pace. Just hang in with us! It's going to be a great evening. :hyper2: :lmao: :rolleyes: :sad2: :thumbsup2

The Academy Award Nominees for 2017:
(In somewhat reverse order)

BEST PICTURE
Arrival
Fences
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
Hidden Figures
La La Land
Lion
Manchester by the Sea
Moonlight

BEST DIRECTOR
Denis Villeneuve, Arrival
Mel Gibson, Hacksaw Ridge
Damien Chazelle, La La Land
Kenneth Lonergan, Manchester by the Sea
Barry Jenkins, Moonlight

BEST ACTOR
Casey Affleck, Manchester by the Sea
Andrew Garfield, Hacksaw Ridge
Ryan Gosling, La La Land
Viggo Mortensen, Captain Fantastic
Denzel Washington, Fences

BEST ACTRESS
Isabelle Huppert, Elle
Ruth Negga, Loving
Natalie Portman, Jackie
Emma Stone, La La Land
Meryl Streep, Florence Foster Jenkins

BEST SUPPORTING ACTOR
Mahershala Ali, Moonlight
Jeff Bridges, Hell or High Water
Lucas Hedges, Manchester by the Sea
Dev Patel, Lion
Michael Shannon, Nocturnal Animals

BEST SUPPORTING ACTRESS
Viola Davis, Fences
Naomie Harris, Moonlight
Nicole Kidman, Lion
Octavia Spencer, Hidden Figures
Michelle Williams, Manchester by the Sea

BEST ORIGINAL SCREENPLAY
Hell or High Water
La La Land
The Lobster
Manchester by the Sea
20th Century Women

BEST ADAPTED SCREENPLAY
Arrival
Fences
Hidden Figures
Lion
Moonlight

BEST CINEMATOGRAPHY
Arrival
La La Land
Lion
Moonlight
Silence

BEST FILM EDITING
Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
Hell or High Water
La La Land
Moonlight

BEST VISUAL EFFECTS
Deepwater Horizon
Doctor Strange
The Jungle Book
Kubo and the Two Strings
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story

BEST PRODUCTION DESIGN
Arrival
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Hail, Caesar!
La La Land
Passengers

BEST COSTUME DESIGN
Allied
Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them
Florence Foster Jenkins
Jackie
La La Land

BEST MAKEUP & HAIRSTYLING
A Man Called Ove
Star Trek Beyond
Suicide Squad

BEST ORIGINAL SCORE
Jackie
La La Land
Lion
Moonlight
Passengers

BEST ORIGINAL SONG
“Audition (The Fools Who Dream),” La La Land
“Can’t Stop the Feeling,” Trolls
“City of Stars,” La La Land
“The Empty Chair,” Jim: The James Foley Story
“How Far I’ll Go,” Moana

BEST SOUND EDITING
Arrival
Deepwater Horizon
Hacksaw Ridge
La La Land
Sully

BEST SOUND MIXING
Arrival
Hacksaw Ridge
La La Land
Rogue One: A Star Wars Story
13 Hours: The Secret Soldiers of Benghazi

BEST ANIMATED FEATURE
Kubo and the Two Strings
Moana
My Life as a Zucchini
The Red Turtle
Zootopia

BEST DOCUMENTARY
Fire at Sea
I Am Not Your Negro
Life, Animated
O.J.: Made in America
13th

BEST FOREIGN LANGUAGE FILM
Land of Mine
A Man Called Ove
The Salesman
Tanna
Toni Erdmann

BEST DOCUMENTARY SHORT SUBJECT
Extremis
4.1 Miles
Joe's Violin
Watani: My Homeland
The White Helmets

BEST LIVE ACTION SHORT
Ennemis Entreniers
La Femme et le TGV
Silent Nights
Sing
Timecode

BEST ANIMATED SHORT
Blind Vaysha
Borrowed Time
Pear Cider and Cigarettes
Pearl
Piper

Last edited:
IMZADI......you are the best EVER!!!

Thanks so much for starting this THREAD!!!

Checking IN!

:thanks: :love::flower1::love: :flower3: :yay: :cloud9: :sunny:

I am hoping to be here for the arrivals, but I will miss the end of it and probably the beginning of the show as we have a little league event.

Thanks for the invite!

I checked the air time in Oz for you. The times & stations posted are verified. :thumbsup2

It was weird seeing TV shows we have on late at night here, like a gory murder mystery :scared1: are on at 9:30 am for you guys down in Oz. :eek:

Thanks for checking. Daytime hours are very civilised for the Oscars. :upsidedow

I'll be here as long as my laptop power cord holds out. It's been giving me issues and I am waiting on a new one to come. I have a tablet but don't like using it a lot and I have my work desktop, but that wouldn't be a nice comfy recliner for watching and posting.

Hi gang..besides baseball, we are a Nascar family,( DS a huge fan) and the Daytona 500 is today so that will be on the *big* tv, but I may half watch the red carpet on the small kitchen tv simultaneously. Probably going to approach the Oscars with an *at will* mindset and see how long I can deal with the actual show before muting or turning it off. I do like Jimmy Kimmel for the most part but that's probably where the entertainment for me will end. Might be best for me to just see the results on line later and watch the DAYTONA 500~but I will be thinking of y'all and might pop in here and there!

Big La La Land fans in this house so we are allowing the kids to stay up as long as they can to see the awards. Hopefully it's not a bust. Kids will have popcorn. My husband and I will have wine and cheese.

I'll be here too! I'm sure DH will be flipping around the channels tonight so I may not see all the red carpet, but should be here for most of the show. We go to the movies almost every weekend, but we have only seen Arrival & Hidden Figures of the best picture nominees. I'm sure Arrival doesn't have a chance but I would love to see Hideen Figures win.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter