• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The Official Dec. 2010 Code Watch

Shoes, my math shows that we get ONE of the QSDP free with the FD plan and since I am a light eater but my husband is not it works for us. He has autistic problems so I have to keep things simple and it keeps down the amount of fighting. The child in him would rather eat at the TS places but the adult in me knows that does not work too well for him or me. I do not have to hector him about being on time for an ADR and he can eat when he wants without me having me to tell him 'no' all the time. It is really more for convenience than cost savings though. Now to figure out what to do with all those snack credits. In warm weather I can scarf down many iced teas but in cold weather not so much. :lmao:

See you at the food court! Look for a special lime green shirt, hard to miss, Slightly Goofy

I got a Dining Plan in the mail today is it any good?

Free QSDP 5night/5day at value resort and theme park tix or Free DDP at Mod+ resorts and theme park tix. Good 10/3-11/23 & 11/28-12/16

I got a Dining Plan in the mail today is it any good?

Free QSDP 5night/5day at value resort and theme park tix or Free DDP at Mod+ resorts and theme park tix. Good 10/3-11/23 & 11/28-12/16
Pretty much the same thing the general public has been able to book all summer.

OK. So if she got something in the mail today, doesn't that maybe indicate that something else is coming? Like maybe an AP discount code? Maybe? Or am I really just deluding myself and I should go back to my original theory that we aren't going to get much of anything? Please tell me that this makes someone else hopeful, please.

Pretty much the same thing the general public has been able to book all summer.

It is a pin though and doesn't have the same blocked out dates that the general public offer has. It is better than the general one. Also the general public one expires tomorrow, so maybe they are going to extend it?

OK. So if she got something in the mail today, doesn't that maybe indicate that something else is coming? Like maybe an AP discount code? Maybe? Or am I really just deluding myself and I should go back to my original theory that we aren't going to get much of anything? Please tell me that this makes someone else hopeful, please.

I don't see it tyeing into any other discounts.

Shoes, my math shows that we get ONE of the QSDP free with the FD plan and since I am a light eater but my husband is not it works for us. He has autistic problems so I have to keep things simple and it keeps down the amount of fighting. The child in him would rather eat at the TS places but the adult in me knows that does not work too well for him or me. I do not have to hector him about being on time for an ADR and he can eat when he wants without me having me to tell him 'no' all the time. It is really more for convenience than cost savings though. Now to figure out what to do with all those snack credits. In warm weather I can scarf down many iced teas but in cold weather not so much. :lmao:

See you at the food court! Look for a special lime green shirt, hard to miss, Slightly Goofy

We'll be in the world from Dec 4-10th so I'll keep an eye out looking for you too! We're at YC & BCV. Hope we spot you!

There must be an AP discount coming! I was able to book a bounceback while we were there a few weeks ago for our Dec dates, but I'm sure the AP discount will come out soon. Hopefully!!:goodvibes:wizard:

hmillerbarilla, just look for the large, not as large as I used to be though, lady with a lime green shirt with Goofy wiggling his fingers above his head, a Fockers landyard, LGM's, DIS buttons, eating a can of corn and heading for IASW looking for a drink. :rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

Yay! My dates aren't blocked out of the new offer. I'm on hold right now with a super helpful cast member who is booking me for the 40% off room only. I'll end up saving over $1000:thumbsup2 Much better (IMO) than the $500 gift card.

Bummer. I can't get the 40% off for the CR. So I did get the $500 gift card!

Well, it turns out that the PIN that I had is better than the discounts out now. So I'm sticking with what I got!

Yay! My dates aren't blocked out of the new offer. I'm on hold right now with a super helpful cast member who is booking me for the 40% off room only. I'll end up saving over $1000:thumbsup2 Much better (IMO) than the $500 gift card.

I was hoping to be able to get the % off discount too, but I called this am and the only thing available was the $300 gift card. I am a little bummed that free dining is blacked out on dec 9th and that's my check in and my dates are not flexible (and I don't wanna do the room only option etc) and then the room discount is already "no rooms available". We were going on this trip no matter what.... so I guess $300 is better than nothing... :confused3

Hey anyone who can help me with this? I am a simple person and have some complications to my planned trip next Spring (hooray for new discounts but just not enough days YET). :)

I am taking my youngest sister to DW in the Spring of 2011 and I can easily handle those arrangements but she informs me that her boyfriend might be coming also so I am thinking I make the room ressies for us to get the FD and then book a room only with discount for boyfriend. It would be two different resorts, is that possible? Does anyone know what the deposit would be for these ressies? I note that you have to buy 5 day tickets this time and am hoping for a two week discounted trip, they opened up more dates later for our Nov/Dec trip so I am thinking they might for this as well.

I did hear of folks who booked in with the time frame and were able to get the amount of days that they wanted. Has anyone had this experience?

I apologize for the jumble but that is the way my mind works and that is why I am - Slightly Goofy

I'm so happy! :banana: I was able to book our first night room only at AKL with the 25% off code and then I called and got the $500 gift card added to our package ressie. I am just so pleased, I had planned on calling today to see if I could get a AAA discount on the room only then I got on the Dis and saw the new discounts. I didn't have much hope for the gift card offer but the CM said I could add it I was just :cloud9:.
Hope everyone else is able to get a good deal too!

Edit:
Ok, huge change of plans. I decide just to see if I could get free dining after all so went to WDW website and checked availablity and was available for our room type and dates! So I asked DH to call and see if we could add it to our package and he just called back and said we got it!!! This saves us about $1350 on our package!! This is just turning out to be an awesome day!

I'm so happy! :banana: I was able to book our first night room only at AKL with the 25% off code and then I called and got the $500 gift card added to our package ressie. I am just so pleased, I had planned on calling today to see if I could get a AAA discount on the room only then I got on the Dis and saw the new discounts. I didn't have much hope for the gift card offer but the CM said I could add it I was just :cloud9:.
Hope everyone else is able to get a good deal too!

Edit:
Ok, huge change of plans. I decide just to see if I could get free dining after all so went to WDW website and checked availablity and was available for our room type and dates! So I asked DH to call and see if we could add it to our package and he just called back and said we got it!!! This saves us about $1350 on our package!! This is just turning out to be an awesome day!

So are you saying you got the gift card and free dining on the package? If so, you might want to call back since you can't stack discounts.

I am so happy for you all.

Who would have ever thunk this would happen?

This is almost as amazing as the first time I ever saw a $49 room on property code. It ranked right up there with the birth of my children and was so much more pleasurable. :rotfl2:

Slightly Goofy

So are you saying you got the gift card and free dining on the package? If so, you might want to call back since you can't stack discounts.

No sorry, I got the free dining instead of the gift card. I hadn't even tried to get free dining becuase when they released the original free dining (like a month or two ago) the CM said I could not have it and that things like that were usually not applicable to concierge level rooms. So when I called I just asked about the gift card and was happy to be able to get it. A little later I was bored so figured I would just check online to see if I could do free dining and there was availability so that's when DH called and they were able to add the free dining and the CM knew to take off the gift card once she verified I could do the free dining and the updated confirmation says nothing about a GC. Thanks for checking though.

No sorry, I got the free dining instead of the gift card. I hadn't even tried to get free dining becuase when they released the original free dining (like a month or two ago) the CM said I could not have it and that things like that were usually not applicable to concierge level rooms. So when I called I just asked about the gift card and was happy to be able to get it. A little later I was bored so figured I would just check online to see if I could do free dining and there was availability so that's when DH called and they were able to add the free dining and the CM knew to take off the gift card once she verified I could do the free dining and the updated confirmation says nothing about a GC. Thanks for checking though.

Good deal! There was someone awhile back swearing they were getting both discounts and when they got WDW they found out it wasn't so. Of course when they got back they had to complain how Disney wasn't fair.

No sorry, I got the free dining instead of the gift card. I hadn't even tried to get free dining becuase when they released the original free dining (like a month or two ago) the CM said I could not have it and that things like that were usually not applicable to concierge level rooms.

This happened to us too, we originally tried to book POFQ 2 months ago with free dining but there was no availability, so we went with AKL (going Deluxe for the first time). Now today, there's nothing available with our trip at AKL but POFQ has availability for the free dining! We've got our hearts set on AKL now though, so we're keeping the original reservation. I think it's a plot by Disney to make Deluxe guests out of us. :rotfl:

I'm excited today too........we missed out on free dining due to our check in date, but today I was able to qualify for the $500 gift card and we decided to spend our extra night (due to flight times we're flying in a day earlier than planned) on property with the room only rate. There was no availability at the Contemporary, where we're spending the rest of our trip, so we're going to spend our first night at the Wilderness Lodge in a bunk bed room, which the kids are REALLY excited about. With my luck, they won't want to leave!!!!

I couldn't get a better deal on my package, so I just kept the free dining. I was able to get the 25% discount on my friends 3 room only ressies.

Suzanne

We finally qualified for something!! 40% off room rate :cool1: $1298.00 SAVINGS!!! We now only have 568.00 more to save and the trip & air is completely paid off :banana: I am so happy!!!
Jen

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter