*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

Okay, I think I have it partially figured out. We have 7 days of free dining, but we're doing a few meals oop. These are our must do's on the dining plan.....

Ohana
Boma
Crystal Palace

Oop we will do San Angel, Via Napoli and Kona Cafe

These are my other possibilities with free dining.....

Biergarten (we do it all the time and love it, but I think we should try something else)
Raglan Rd (we've done it once, my family loves the food, but I don't, I love the dessert though)
BOG (we've done it once and it's okay, but I hate dessert cupcakes - my husband likes it and keeps mentioning it)
California Grill (2 credits, so we always put it off, but we always talk about going)
Hollywood and Vine (never tried it, but we need an ADR at HS and we've already tried SciFi, 50's and MM)
Le Cellier (we did it once before it was 2 credits, I'm just not sure now)
Cape May dinner (we always book it and end up cancelling for one reason or another)

Please feel free to weigh in on my possibilities! I'm so confused!

:thumbsup2 I'm doing this too. Trying to figure out our OOP meals for first 8 nights and saving the most expensive meals for our 7 nights of free dining. Haven't done Trails End yet and it looks like good OOP value; decent reviews too. Most of the other ADR's will be ones we've been to before - we are creatures of habit:-) I know that I want all 3 meals at BOG - we loved breakfast, lunch and dinner :-) February 20th is our booking day for ADR's :jumping3:

We ate at Trails End during our November trip and I paid OOP. The food was good and it was a good value. During our August trip we're going to try Hoop Dee Doo which is right next door.

We ate at Trails End during our November trip and I paid OOP. The food was good and it was a good value. During our August trip we're going to try Hoop Dee Doo which is right next door.
Good to hear :thumbsup2. Thanks :wave:
We have eaten at Hoop Dee Doo - had a lot of laughs. Definitely a fun place for all ages. We loved the fried chicken (and beer :laughing:)

Our ADR plans:

OOP:
Trails End - supper
Sci-Fi - lunch
Beaches and Cream- supper
Le Cellier - lunch
ESPN- lunch

7 nights of free dining: (we obviously like breakfasts:-))
BOG - supper
Crystal Palace - breakfast (always a must do)
Akershus - breakfast
Tusker House- breakfast
50's Prime Time - supper
'Ohana - breakfast
Chef Mickey's - supper :duck:- we like it here; tradition :duck:

*definitely BOG for lunch and breakfast QS meals too

I have all my ADRs figured out and now I'm tempted to get someone to put a password on my spreadsheet so I stop making changes ;)

I need my 180 to get here - once I have them booked, I leave it alone.

Our plans:
Lunch at Kona, Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Yak & Yeti, Big River Grille
Supper at 'Ohana, Skipper Canteen, Trail's End, LTT, Trattoria Al Forno

Snort. I have too... in my head which is why I haven't committed to anything yet. Seems to change by the hour sometimes, huh?

It's just DH and this time with out the minions. I can't seem to make up my if we should try some places that we normally would not do because of the minions. DD is a little picky.

Hello August 2016!!! So excited for our August Trip !!.. Staying at the Yacht Club 11/24-11/31.. It will be my family of 5.. Myself my husband and our three daughters (14.. Will be celebrating turning 15 on 9/7..12 &7) This will be our second stay at the YC .. Just loved it in 2014.. Keeping my fingers crossed for 30% off or free dining... Never had free dining before but Id be happy w anything!! Can't wait for all things August to start showing up ... I need crowd calandars and park hours !! Excited to try a few new resturants and attractions/ shows.. Heading back to Downtown Disney ( I know I know ) for the first time since 2011.. Going to try and make La Nouba happen .. Happy Planning August friends!!! Oh ... Please add me to the list... Seeing my name makes me happy !! Thank you !!

Hello August 2016!!! So excited for our August Trip !!.. Staying at the Yacht Club 11/24-11/31.. It will be my family of 5.. Myself my husband and our three daughters (14.. Will be celebrating turning 15 on 9/7..12 &7) This will be our second stay at the YC .. Just loved it in 2014.. Keeping my fingers crossed for 30% off or free dining... Never had free dining before but Id be happy w anything!! Can't wait for all things August to start showing up ... I need crowd calandars and park hours !! Excited to try a few new resturants and attractions/ shows.. Heading back to Downtown Disney ( I know I know ) for the first time since 2011.. Going to try and make La Nouba happen .. Happy Planning August friends!!! Oh ... Please add me to the list... Seeing my name makes me happy !! Thank you !!

We are at BC in August and we love Stormalong Bay. My daughters (14 and 16) loved La Nouba - totally worth it in our opinion! Happy Planning! :wave:

Right, I think I'm up to date again! That was a mammoth one! Can anyone remember what sort of time in the month the calendars are released?

I've been starting to think ADRs as well. We got the free dining offer, which at CSR gives us the QSDP (the offer is different for UK guests) and we didn't want to upgrade as two weeks of table service meals would be way too much food for us, so we've opted to just have a few meals OOP. I'm currently thinking one per park, and my thoughts are:

MK: The new Jungle Cruise place.
Epcot: Breakfast at The Garden Grill
AK: Tusker House lunch (we loved this last time and it is our one must do- the food was delicious and Donald is there!)
DHS: Sci-Fi Dine-In- mostly for the atmosphere, it looks like a lot of fun, and we might only do a starter and some milkshakes.

I'd like to book some BOG breakfasts and lunches as we can use our QSDP for these. We saved roughly $450 by not upgrading to the DDP (plus all the tips!) so we'd like to come in under that ideally... I'll have to do a bit of pricing up.

We are heading back to the World in August 2016. This will be a surprise trip for our DD6 we won't be telling her until that morning when we leave for the airport which means planning completely in secret :) I'm very excited

08/20-08/28 POP

Also this is also a bit of an anniversary trip because our anniversary is 9/6

Last edited:
Right, I think I'm up to date again! That was a mammoth one! Can anyone remember what sort of time in the month the calendars are released?
I think that Easywdw released the July crowd calendars on December 31st. I really like Josh's crowd calendar and am going to start to look for it in mid-January, but expect it see it close to the end of the month (if it follows the pattern of the release of the July calendar).

Put us down -- Aug 3-10 at POP, only now its not just Dad_of_4_girls -- its Dad-of-2-extra-boys-too. 6 kids makes us the Brady's.
Booking our stuff this week, looking for pin codes or any other cost savers we can find!

We switched our resort to the Polynesian!!! We booked the magical deal that a lot of you mentioned. So excited for this trip. This will be a surprise trip for my son so hopefully I dont slip up and talk about anything in front of him for the next 7 months. Wish me luck!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter