*** The Official August 2016 Thread! ***

That's a drag. You could make two separate room only reservations and link your rooms. We did that once.
Do you think that a Fall discount could overlap my dates ? I'm not sure if I should change my dates to include discount ( which is a huge bummer bc of my dinning reservations and bc of higher crowd levels) or wait it out and hope for a fall discount

Do you think that a Fall discount could overlap my dates ? I'm not sure if I should change my dates to include discount ( which is a huge bummer bc of my dinning reservations and bc of higher crowd levels) or wait it out and hope for a fall discount
I don't really know. But people always recommend checking out the mousesavers website. You can check to see what historical discounts from the past few years were during late summer. Good luck! :goodvibes

All Orlando lodging is paid in full! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I've also stockpiled enough in Disney gift cards to cover our Disney dining! YEA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Not much else to do now except wait for UNI ADR day and FP days. I now have sooo much less stress LOL

So beyond frustrated right now... Have a reservation at YC for 8/24-8/31... Called today to see if we could at least apply the discount for any dates included .. So if I keep my days and appy the discount It will actually make the cost of our vacation increase by $11 !!! bc of ticket price increase.. So I will be paying $11 more WITH the discount !!!! If I change my days to a week before... I save $350 but loose all my dining reservations and larger crowds ... I'm so over this ... Last time we visited And used the summer discount we saved close to a thousand dollars! I'm so bummed :(

So beyond frustrated right now... Have a reservation at YC for 8/24-8/31... Called today to see if we could at least apply the discount for any dates included .. So if I keep my days and appy the discount It will actually make the cost of our vacation increase by $11 !!! bc of ticket price increase.. So I will be paying $11 more WiTH the discount !!!! If I change my days to a week before... I save $350 but loose all my dining reservations and larger crowds ... I'm so over this ... Last time we visited And used the summer discount we saved close to a thousand dollars! I'm so bummed :(

I had something similar happen with a unique offer code we received. Sorry

Had to change our resort from CBR to Port Orleans Riverside to receive the Summer discount. Savings is savings but I'm bummed because I know CBR so well and I only stayed at POR once about 20 years ago. Anyone have any advice? Room selection?

So beyond frustrated right now... Have a reservation at YC for 8/24-8/31... Called today to see if we could at least apply the discount for any dates included .. So if I keep my days and appy the discount It will actually make the cost of our vacation increase by $11 !!! bc of ticket price increase.. So I will be paying $11 more WITH the discount !!!! If I change my days to a week before... I save $350 but loose all my dining reservations and larger crowds ... I'm so over this ... Last time we visited And used the summer discount we saved close to a thousand dollars! I'm so bummed :(
Wait. If you don't change the number of tickets in your ticket package from the 26th-31st do the ticket prices still go up? You shouldn't lose your dining ADR's with a change.

Just a standard they were supposedly already sold out at CBR for rooms with discounts.

I've never stayed at CBR because the size seems too daunting to me. If you're a family of four you'll have a good chance of requesting the Mansions. With a standard room, you'll be closer to the parking lot, which can be good if you are relying on the bus and you get a room close to a bus stop.

I have a garden room booked at POR, and I think I want to try the alligator bayou section this time, but I'm worried that I'll end up in the far reaches of the resort, so I'm not sure what I will do.

I've never stayed at CBR because the size seems too daunting to me. If you're a family of four you'll have a good chance of requesting the Mansions. With a standard room, you'll be closer to the parking lot, which can be good if you are relying on the bus and you get a room close to a bus stop.

I have a garden room booked at POR, and I think I want to try the alligator bayou section this time, but I'm worried that I'll end up in the far reaches of the resort, so I'm not sure what I will do.

According to the cast member I spoke to she said CBR and POR are the same size. Just checked my confirmation and it says garden view. We are a family of 5 so we need the Murphy beds are they only in a particular section?

According to the cast member I spoke to she said CBR and POR are the same size. Just checked my confirmation and it says garden view. We are a family of 5 so we need the Murphy beds are they only in a particular section?
Yes, if you are a family of five, you'll definitely be in the alligator bayou section. Check out the POR map. I would request building number 16 if you want to be near the food court.

Looks like I spoke too soon. I finally got through and the promo is not applicable for my room type (savanna view). Looks like they are only available for standard view rooms. Bummer.

So now, I have to decide it its worth (1) the difference between the cost of a standard vs. a savanna view; and the additional discount on the standard view. The difference is almost $900! I'm not sure what to do. We are celebrating our 20th, so I want it to be special - waking up to the animals right outside of our window is nice (especially since we are not planning to spend a ton of time roaming around the resort) but just not sure if its worth almost $900 in savings.

Does anybody know if they offer dining plan promos during august?

Looks like I spoke too soon. I finally got through and the promo is not applicable for my room type (savanna view). Looks like they are only available for standard view rooms. Bummer.

So now, I have to decide it its worth (1) the difference between the cost of a standard vs. a savanna view; and the additional discount on the standard view. The difference is almost $900! I'm not sure what to do. We are celebrating our 20th, so I want it to be special - waking up to the animals right outside of our window is nice (especially since we are not planning to spend a ton of time roaming around the resort) but just not sure if its worth almost $900 in savings.

Does anybody know if they offer dining plan promos during august?
I wouldn't count on it.

Wait. If you don't change the number of tickets in your ticket package from the 26th-31st do the ticket prices still go up? You shouldn't lose your dining ADR's with a change.
I believe they do still go up. In order to apply the discount for 8/24&8/25 I would have to book a new reservation ..forgoing the locked in old ticket price... I would still get to keep my dining reservations though ... I can keep my same week w no discount and all my reservations ... Or apply it to the two days during my trip .. And have to up pay $11 and I get special magic bands ..or I can move the trip a week up loose my reservations .. I will save $350 with this option :(

I believe they do still go up. In order to apply the discount for 8/24&8/25 I would have to book a new reservation ..forgoing the locked in old ticket price... I would still get to keep my dining reservations though ... I can keep my same week w no discount and all my reservations ... Or apply it to the two days during my trip .. And have to up pay $11 and I get special magic bands ..or I can move the trip a week up loose my reservations .. I will save $350 with this option :(

But your new reservation on the 24th and 25th is just a room only reservation. Isn't it? You don't actually need to change your ticket requirement. You could keep your ticket requirement intact on your second reservation. You just need to drop two days from your hotel reservation on your old reservation, but not the tickets. You can access the tickets early on the 24th or 25th from the second reservation. No? Sorry. I'm just trying to find a way to help you save a few bucks. :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter