• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

~*~*~The Oct 2014 waiting patiently (or not so) for a discount thread ~*~*~

I am hoping for free dining next year Oct. I didn't find any bounce back with free dining while I am here in Disney. :confused3

Does anyone have an idea as to what the dates were for this year that they used for free dining? I am hoping they will be the same. :angel:

I am planning a trip for Oct 6 - 11 (my son's fall break). I rented points for my family's two previous trips, and it was wildly successful. I don't like having to wait until November or even later to book, so I thought I'd give the old fashioned way a try!

Fingers crossed for discounts and free dining! :)

I am hoping for free dining next year Oct. I didn't find any bounce back with free dining while I am here in Disney. :confused3

Does anyone have an idea as to what the dates were for this year that they used for free dining? I am hoping they will be the same. :angel:

UPDATE:

While I was there this past week, they did have bounce backs from 20 Aug- 29 Sep offering free dining. So I am hopeful that they will also offer it in Oct as well. I have my travel agent keep her ears and eyes peeled. I am a bit flexible on the dates in Oct. :idea:

Hi Erin! Are you the same Erin that's in the FB group? ;)

We were originally planning on Sept 2014 (since FD is historically offered in sept), but after watching the weather this month, no way I'm going until its cooler. So now we're leaning towards end of Oct, early Nov. Hoping for a dining deal. We're flexible with our dates but need to stay at POR since there are 5 of us.

I can't wait until EMHs are released so I can schedule which park/parks we hit each day. We're early risers for the morning hours. :)

Hi Erin! Are you the same Erin that's in the FB group? ;) We were originally planning on Sept 2014 (since FD is historically offered in sept), but after watching the weather this month, no way I'm going until its cooler. So now we're leaning towards end of Oct, early Nov. Hoping for a dining deal. We're flexible with our dates but need to stay at POR since there are 5 of us. I can't wait until EMHs are released so I can schedule which park/parks we hit each day. We're early risers for the morning hours. :)

When can we find out EMH for Oct 2014?

Hi Erin! Are you the same Erin that's in the FB group? ;)

We were originally planning on Sept 2014 (since FD is historically offered in sept), but after watching the weather this month, no way I'm going until its cooler. So now we're leaning towards end of Oct, early Nov. Hoping for a dining deal. We're flexible with our dates but need to stay at POR since there are 5 of us.

I can't wait until EMHs are released so I can schedule which park/parks we hit each day. We're early risers for the morning hours. :)

I might be the same Erin LOL :lmao:
We will be there around the same time staying at POR too :thumbsup2

SO I just officially commited to our trip! Yay!!! :dance3: The dates were so up in the air as to if we even wanted to go or save for a house so we are being frugal and doing both :cheer2: Hey why not?!? We actually need another Disney trip before a few years without one.... my middle child will be 10 soon and we will have 2 disney adults then 3 a few years after that.... so why not plan another trip noe :woohoo: Hubby's idea which is the odd thing :upsidedow but Ill take it! All I know so far is that we will be flying down to Florida on Saturday morning and leaving Saturday night or Sunday morning. :dance3: My grandparents will be joining us on this trip which is fine because they can help with our little one :grouphug: I know there are rides she doesnt like that I do :goodvibes

We are just back from the most amazing trip in September. I am planning another trip oct 4th- 13 for my 30th birthday!!! I can't wait!!!! I'm hoping for some discount!!!

We are also hoping for an oct 2014 trip - while I wish all of you super free dining, I have fingers crossed for simultaneously room/tix discount b/c we may be trying club level for first time, so at least some of our dining needs will be included. Good luck all!

I moved my trip last week to the end of September.... then got to thinking I CANT!!!! I hate heat and humidity and I would melt in FL in sept!!! SOOO I moved it back LOL

for Oct. 2014. My DS, DD-in law, and 2 DGD will be there Oct. 26-Oct.27. I am so excited. Hoping for free dining to make it cheaper, but will go either way. :cool1:

Planning for a trip Sep 30 - Oct 8 of 2014. I am really hoping for free dining!!! It seems that those dates have offered FD in the past!

My trip was originally in September, but due to two Jewish holidays, I had to push my trip back to mid October. The plan is October 8th to October 18th and getting married on October 10th! Crossing my fingers for a room discount so we can upgrade to a moderate or possibly a deluxe! :goodvibes

I'm still playing around with dates, but I definitely want to go to the Food & Wine Festival next year. My birthday is on September 27th, so I'm thinking of going the week of Sept. 27th to October 3rd.

If I go ahead and book it now, can I apply a discount code if one comes out? It seems like the discounts for fall came out around March or April last year, we were watching because we went in November last year and used the discount.

I'm still playing around with dates, but I definitely want to go to the Food & Wine Festival next year. My birthday is on September 27th, so I'm thinking of going the week of Sept. 27th to October 3rd.

If I go ahead and book it now, can I apply a discount code if one comes out? It seems like the discounts for fall came out around March or April last year, we were watching because we went in November last year and used the discount.

I am pretty sure that you can book now & then call and get the discount applied. It seems that they have released October free dining dates between May & August. I hate to wait that late to book our trip!

I was also reading that some resorts were excluded from this year's October free dining. (Art of Animation, All Star Movies, POFQ, Campsites at Ft. Wilderness, & 3 bedroom Villas)

I have never booked and then had to call and get a discount applied so I don't know how much of a hassle it would be if you had to up & change resorts to utilize FD.

Thanks for the replies! I guess I can call Disney reservations and see what they say. I kind of want to get it booked so that I have a room close to EPCOT for the F&WF, I'm thinking of starting at a value and then moving to the BC or YC.

Last year, we had another situation - we booked our trip in January with a PIN for October, so we got a discount. Then in September, we had to change our trip to November. The resort we wanted didn't have availability, so we couldn't use our PIN, but there was a new 30% discount that we were able to use for another resort.

Also, I just checked my emails I'd saved from last year, and I got a Disney Destinations email mid-August 2012 with the room-only 25% and 30% discounts for last fall.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter