The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
I believe when renting points/using points, you only have mousekeeping on day 4 of your stays. In other words, if you are there 7 days, you will have only 1 round of MK. You can pay for daily MK if you desire. We have really never had the need for it as we wash our towels and sheets in the villa if need be and there is a vacuum for quick sweep ups in case you need it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I never pay any attention to it when I am there...I'm just too excited to be there...lol

Esmerelda :)

I believe when renting points/using points, you only have mousekeeping on day 4 of your stays. In other words, if you are there 7 days, you will have only 1 round of MK. You can pay for daily MK if you desire. We have really never had the need for it as we wash our towels and sheets in the villa if need be and there is a vacuum for quick sweep ups in case you need it.

Someone correct me if I'm wrong, I never pay any attention to it when I am there...I'm just too excited to be there...lol

Esmerelda

Esmerelda

You are correct, DVC Members receive Trash and Towel on the 4th day.
(not a full cleaning)

For stays of seven or less nights, Trash and Towel Service is provided on day four.

For stays of eight or more nights, Full Cleaning Service is provided on day four and Trash and Towel Service is provided on day eight. After that, the cycle begins again on day 12.

Stellablue, if you are renting points from a DVC Member the member can give you the prices of daily cleaning if you want but at an additional cost. The size Villa that you are renting will determine the cost.

Beckie

Yes the Lodge has high speed internet @ $9.95 for 24 hours. (No Wi-Fi)

Correct me if I am wrong, but I believe it is for a 24 hour period, not a total of 24 hours. In other words, if you use the internet for the first time at 8pm, you have until 8pm the following day. So time it wisely. It's a bit of a rip off really. Typically, 8 hours of the day you are sleeping, a few more hours at the parks and dinner, so you have very little time left!

Just booked WL for August 18th - 25th. This will be our 3rd stay at the lodge and I can't wait.

2 Woods View rooms
$1378/room.

It will also be my best friend's first stay at WL :goodvibes

There are Standard View rooms located off the Lobby on the 4th floor over check-in, the views from the balconies are of roof-tops.

Some guest have said that they have been bothered by the noise of the shenanigan's that goes on from WCC. I have stayed on the 4th floor many times and once the room door was closed I never heard any noise from the Lobby. :confused3

Sorry have to diagree! LOL We were in a bear face room on the coutyard but our door faced the lobby on the 5th floor. Between 9 and closing of WCC it was VERY loud with the dinners hooting and hollering. Maybe just depends on the group of people visiting that night. The noise just traveled right on up! LOL

When can I call to make my requests regarding our room? My husband is a very light sleeper (I practically fall into a coma at night) and we want a very peaceful, quiet room. We have booked a woods view.

Do I just call a few days before we go and ask for a quiet room? Or wait until we get there? We're not arriving until evening, Feb. 1st. Thanks.

Less than 10 hours to go until we leave for the WL/courtyard view
This will be our second stay, and our first WL stay with the DS.
:woohoo: :banana: :woohoo: Can't wait, won't be able to sleep, you all know what I mean the common Disney insomnia we all experience the night before leaving for WDW :rotfl:

Hi! I'm pretty new here! My DF and I just booked our DisneyMoon (and first WDW trip ever) last night at WL.

I didn't notice until after we got off the phone that there is a honeymoon suite at WL. (Well, I saw some pictures on allearsnet.) They didn't even mention it to us, though we let them know for sure it was our honeymoon.

Just wondering if anyone knows anything about it. Is it concierge level? How much? The room looked perfect to me.

We are staying at WL Dec. 14-19 in a standard room. Does anyone have pictures of balcony view from the standard rooms? I looked on the balcony view thread and the link to the photo album, but all the views seemed to be courtyard and woods, I think. Just wondered what we would be seeing from a standard view. Thanks!

I could be wrong, but I don't think standard rooms have balconies. If they do woo hoo, because we're staying in a standard too!

We are staying at WL Dec. 14-19 in a standard room. Does anyone have pictures of balcony view from the standard rooms? I looked on the balcony view thread and the link to the photo album, but all the views seemed to be courtyard and woods, I think. Just wondered what we would be seeing from a standard view. Thanks!

Here are a few pics from our December trip. These are from room 4044 standard view:

Looking to the right:
100_3939.jpg

To the left:
100_3936.jpg

Straight ahead:
100_3938.jpg

100_3937.jpg

The view isn't that great but you can see fireworks pretty well from this room. Hope you have a wonderful trip!

I could be wrong, but I don't think standard rooms have balconies. If they do woo hoo, because we're staying in a standard too!

All rooms have a balcony...some are enclosed though. I believe the enclosed balconies are on the concierge level.

This is the view from the room we had in September 07

dis5.jpg

dis6.jpg

When can I call to make my requests regarding our room? My husband is a very light sleeper (I practically fall into a coma at night) and we want a very peaceful, quiet room. We have booked a woods view.

Do I just call a few days before we go and ask for a quiet room? Or wait until we get there? We're not arriving until evening, Feb. 1st. Thanks.

I would call now and put a request on your reservations for north wing upper floor end of hall. We stayed in room 5010 which was very quite when we were there 2003. It is a long way back to the main lobby and bus stop but it is not too bad to Roaring Forks. Also, since you are almost at the end of the hall you can walk down the stairs and exit right near the boat dock. I think this is about as quite a spot as you can get. I don't think they take calls for room requests a few days before your arrival.

Since the remodeling, is there more, less or the same room for your clothes in the tv stand/dresser?

Well, we're here and I'm in love!! This is without a doubt the most beautiful resort I've ever stayed at, and I cannot believe I thought I wouldn't be impressed with the theming! Photos really don't do it justice.

We booked standard, but got the most amazing pixie dust upgrade to a countyard view, ground floor looking out onto the lake. We can watch the EWP without even leaving the patio, and we're right beside a smoking area (which was one of my big concerns about the Lodge, since DH is a smoker). The transportation has been great so far, and I love having the boat to the Contemporary to get to all our monorail dinner reservations. And it is so nice having everything under one roof, especially last night when it got cold even for this Northern girl.

When I get home, I'll post pictures of our amazing view. I cannot imagine a better room location or a better place to stay when we come to visit the Mouse. Even DS, who is so in love with Stormalong Bay that he was sure he'd be disappointed with anything else, loves this place and has decided that we should stay at the BC/BCV for summer trips and WL/VWL for winter trips! LOL

Since the remodeling, is there more, less or the same room for your clothes in the tv stand/dresser?

We didn't stay at the Lodge prior to renovations, but did feel like there was not a whole lot of drawer space on our Dec. trip. I wish they would have had more drawers in the nightstand to add just a little more storage. I was very impressed with the amount of hanging space in the closet, but who really brings a closet full of hanging clothes to WDW? Next trip, I may bring some hangers and hang up a few t-shirts to give us more room in the drawers for other stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter