The NEW WL FAQ (Part 5) Simbas and Tiggers and Humphreys OH MY! Part 2

Status
Not open for further replies.
A few points about the WL transportation.

WL shares buses with other resorts going to all destinations...EXCEPT MK. The WL bus to MK is DIRECT. It is fast convenient alternative to the boats.

The buses don't always share with FW. Sometimes they share with GF and the Poly too.

Remember that the WL is always the first stop for the buses. You always get a seat. It may take a little long to get to Epcot, MGM, etc. because there always is a stop at another resort...but at least you have a seat.

It is always faster to take the bus from WL then it is taking the boat to CR and then the monorail. I would only do this if we weren't in a rush and were in the mood for a monorail ride.

When I called yesterday to confirm our room assignment, WL shuffled me off to reservations. At what point should I be able to confirm with a room assigner? We'll be checking in Sunday. Is there a particular person or particular title of person that I should be asking to speak to? Thanks! :goodvibes

Next trip we hope to get a room that opens out over the lobby. We're assuming these are "standard" . Any ideas on how to label this request when we make reservations?? THANKS!!!:cool1:

When I called yesterday to confirm our room assignment, WL shuffled me off to reservations. At what point should I be able to confirm with a room assigner? We'll be checking in Sunday. Is there a particular person or particular title of person that I should be asking to speak to? Thanks! :goodvibes

Unless they changed it again, I thought they stopped taking request for room assignment at the resorts. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:goodvibes

yooperfan

You are correct all request for your stay at Wilderness Lodge should be on your reservations with CRO or your TA.

The buses share with the Fort Wilderness. WL is picked up first and then you go to to FW. I'm definately not a pro, but I would say that stopping at the FW will probably add 10 mins. to your travel time whereas if you go to MK or CR first, you will have to make transfers and wait on either the bus or monorail. If you did the monorail, remember you have to transfer at the TTC to the epcot monorial. For me, I would probably just hop on the bus at WL. Someone else may suggest better, but it would just seem less time consuming. HTH.

A few points about the WL transportation.

WL shares buses with other resorts going to all destinations...EXCEPT MK. The WL bus to MK is DIRECT. It is fast convenient alternative to the boats.

The buses don't always share with FW. Sometimes they share with GF and the Poly too.

Remember that the WL is always the first stop for the buses. You always get a seat. It may take a little long to get to Epcot, MGM, etc. because there always is a stop at another resort...but at least you have a seat.

It is always faster to take the bus from WL then it is taking the boat to CR and then the monorail. I would only do this if we weren't in a rush and were in the mood for a monorail ride.

I'm not sure if this has been changed or if perhaps they were gearing up for the holidays when we were there in December, but this was not our experience. We rode the busses to Epcot, DHS and AK and we never stopped at another resort.

I agree that the bus to Epcot would be quicker than the boat and monorail. Also, we found that the boat to MK then to the monorail was quicker than going to the Contemporary to catch the monorail.

I'm not sure if this has been changed or if perhaps they were gearing up for the holidays when we were there in December, but this was not our experience. We rode the busses to Epcot, DHS and AK and we never stopped at another resort.

I agree that the bus to Epcot would be quicker than the boat and monorail. Also, we found that the boat to MK then to the monorail was quicker than going to the Contemporary to catch the monorail.

I think it varies, because when we were there last month and in 2006 (Dec 8-16 in 2006, Dec 9-22 in 2007) we only shared busses with FW when going to Epcot. Otherwise, it was direct.

So they must vary it based on demand. That may be even more true today, with their new computerized bus system.

Hi! Just wondering if anyone else is planning a trip at Easter? I am also curious if the resort will be offering any special activities for the kids for Easter like maybe an Easter egg hunt???:goodvibes

This was our experience as well- the WL buses were dedicated to WL (and Ft. Wilderness) and did not share with any other resort.

Unless they changed it again, I thought they stopped taking request for room assignment at the resorts. Please feel free to correct me if I'm wrong.:goodvibes

yooperfan

You are correct all request for your stay at Wilderness Lodge should be on your reservations with CRO or your TA.

Thanks for the help!! :goodvibes Our requests were noted so I guess we'll see what happens when we check in!

I can't help with the Cub's Den because I don't have any kids yet, but I can say the arcade is small. There are only a few games. They do have little cards you can fill up with money to play the games.

The main pool has a small slide. It's a decent size, but it can be crowded. There is a pool bar nearby. They also have afternoon games for the kids. You can get the schedule at the front desk.

As for hidden Mickey's, you can also get a list at the front desk.

They do have a tour. I believe it is daily (or almost daily) at 9AM

Bikes can be rented near the beach area, not far from the pool.

Hope this helps with your planning!

Re: the hotel tours...it's my understanding (at least was true just recently) that there are just a couple a week. One is Wed. morning, and I forget the other one or two days offered.

I just had to see my countdown clock. We had to stay at ASMu one night because of no availability at the Lodge, then off to the WL in the AM! I'm so excited!!!

I know that this question has probably been asked somewhere in this thread, but what floors are AP, WCC, and RF on? I also wanted in inquire about the Laundry floor as well.
I was looking at the map on the front page of the post and saw that it said that the lobby was on the 2nd floor? Are there rooms below it or is it service areas?
We are going in July and I can't wait!

I know that this question has probably been asked somewhere in this thread, but what floors are AP, WCC, and RF on? I also wanted in inquire about the Laundry floor as well.
I was looking at the map on the front page of the post and saw that it said that the lobby was on the 2nd floor? Are there rooms below it or is it service areas?
We are going in July and I can't wait!
Based on my memory the lobby is the main floor right where you come in from the buses and front entrance. WCC is right there, it does angle down a bridge where rooms are technically underneath on the first floor which takes you to Roaring Forks (past the pool on the first floor). You pass by AP on your way from the lobby to RF. They are all pretty close together. The laundry is past RF headed to the first floor rooms. Hope this helps.
Lesley

Re: the hotel tours...it's my understanding (at least was true just recently) that there are just a couple a week. One is Wed. morning, and I forget the other one or two days offered.

In my planning worksheet :goodvibes I have that the "Wonders of the Lodge Tour" is offered on Wed-Sat mornings at 9am.
:yay:

I know this is subjective based on how busy it is, but since they've started doing the MK-WL only boat, what has been your experience with waiting for a return boat to WL at the end of the night? (Long lines/waits?)

Oops, one more question -- if I need to get to dinner at the Poly, which is the better/faster/easier route: boat to CR, mono to Poly or boat/bus to MK and mono to Poly?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter