The *NEW* SWAN & DOLPHIN RESORT Thread ~ April 2009 ~ Please read Post #1!

Status
Not open for further replies.
80% again, three days, code is SHARE.

without having to go back through the posts...what is this code for...80% off of what?

Everytime I go to restaurant.com, I see Kimonos, Shulas, Garden Grove, etc...but they are all for a $25 GC for the price of $10. That is a great deal, but you can only use one certificate at a time. So, basically, it's $15 off your check, which is better than nothing, but not anything I get super excited over. So if you have something better...like this 80% off or whatever...i wanna hear about it!:goodvibes

Only 17 more days til I am at The Dolphin for 3 nights...and doing the Inaugral F&W Classic there on Friday night!

WLL, the restaurant code gives you a percentage, typically varies between 50-80% (I saw 90% once), off of the GC purchase price. So if you were buying a $25 for $10, it is 80% off the $10, net $2. So you are ahead by $23, not too bad. If you did 2 or 3 restaurants during a stay, even 1, it is a nice savings. Keep in mind though, that those are the signature restaurants, higher priced to begin with.

Those also take the Tables in Wonderland card, if you are an AP holder, and have the TiW card. That is not in addition to the above GC, it is either one or the other.

The non signatures take the AAA card for 20% off.

Thank you so much for clarifying for me, Dan! Yeah, that is a better deal. Although I do have a TiW card...and it seems like we always spend over $100 for a meal...so TiW works better for us. Although the GC at breakfast at Garden Grove might be a good deal.

We only had breakfast at GG once, 2 years ago, and it was REALLY bad. Since then, I have heard really GOOD things about GG...although mostly for dinner. Any opinions out there? I mean, our breakfast was so bad, I am not sure I can talk DH into trying it again. You know how you are disappointed with a meal (and that is bad enough) and then you give it a second chance and it is STILL bad and you just feel stupid for giving them your hard earned money yet again?

Anyway, just curious!

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to travel from the Swolphin to Universal Studios (I know, it's blasphemous to even ask, but DH wants to see Harry Potter). Trying to decide if it'd be cheaper to rent a car for the day or do taxi. TIA

Anyone have any idea how long it takes to travel from the Swolphin to Universal Studios (I know, it's blasphemous to even ask, but DH wants to see Harry Potter). Trying to decide if it'd be cheaper to rent a car for the day or do taxi. TIA

A car rental would almost definitely cost less than a taxi.

Breakfast at GG? I have eaten there several times over the years, most recently back this April. Always had good food. I use my AAA there.

A car rental would almost definitely cost less than a taxi.

Did I misread/misunderstand, but I could have sworn I saw that there was a rental on the Swolphin property?? :confused3

If it's a pain to get a rental for a day, then I'll just keep to a taxi.

Did I misread/misunderstand, but I could have sworn I saw that there was a rental on the Swolphin property?? :confused3

If it's a pain to get a rental for a day, then I'll just keep to a taxi.

National and Alamo are at the Dolphin, and their office opens at 8 a.m. The cars are the same, so book with the less expensive company. The office closes at 4, but it's no problem to drop-off a rental car with the valet after hours.

National and Alamo are at the Dolphin, and their office opens at 8 a.m. The cars are the same, so book with the less expensive company. The office closes at 4, but it's no problem to drop-off a rental car with the valet after hours.

Holy cow! One way costs almost as much as a rental for the day! Thanks for the help!

WLL, the restaurant code gives you a percentage, typically varies between 50-80% (I saw 90% once), off of the GC purchase price. So if you were buying a $25 for $10, it is 80% off the $10, net $2. So you are ahead by $23, not too bad. If you did 2 or 3 restaurants during a stay, even 1, it is a nice savings. Keep in mind though, that those are the signature restaurants, higher priced to begin with.

Those also take the Tables in Wonderland card, if you are an AP holder, and have the TiW card. That is not in addition to the above GC, it is either one or the other.

The non signatures take the AAA card for 20% off.

Is there somewhere on the site that says when the certificate expires? Am I missing something. Going for in Feb and this is a great deal if I can use the certificate then.

Is there somewhere on the site that says when the certificate expires? Am I missing something. Going for in Feb and this is a great deal if I can use the certificate then.

There are no expiration dates on my Restaurant.com gift certificates. I'm not planning to use mine until 2011.

It might be cheaper to rent but there's a parking charge and it is a bit of a walk. I'd take a cab.

One way via taxi?
Yup. Per the Mears estimate on the website. Ouch.

My certificate says nothing about an expiration. The 80% off codes come frequently too.

It might be cheaper to rent but there's a parking charge and it is a bit of a walk. I'd take a cab.
Didn't think of that... Oh jeez,now my brain hurts! :laughing:

Depending on how many are traveling, there's also a Mears shuttle.
I guess you'd need to schedule this?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter