The *NEW* Polynesian Resort FAQ thread - *2008*

Status
Not open for further replies.
I must stop looking at this thread....those photos are just making me sad:sad: I wish I was going back......torture, pure torture.

Johnsonet - THANKS for getting the latest on the Apple Juice! I think DDs would flip if they didn't have it readily available! So nice to know that the mug would be worth it for them! (Is the mug spill proof, anyone know???)

You're very welcome. The mugs can be closed to be spill-proof (at least they always have been in the past!)

How is monorail service from Poly? Anyone find it easy (or hard) to get upfront with the driver?
Funny b/c this afternoon the CM on the monorail deck at Poly told us to go to the front car! I didn't ask and wouldn't have (I did when DD was little a time or two, though ;) ) We couldn't believe our luck :banana: It was festive. The driver was a sweetheart. I can't remember his name (I am awful w/ names!) but it was the orange train and he was from Michigan b/c I looked at his tag :cool2:

Thank You!!! That was so kind of you to go by and look for the Silk for me. I really appreciate you doing that!! That's great news for DS1, I will not have to worry about where to buy. Thanks a MILLION!!!
You are very welcome. That is what the DIS is all about IMO :wizard:

Disney539.jpg

What a cutie your DD is :goodvibes
Isn't Tonga Toast delicious?? We are going to Kona in the morning :banana:

johnsonet,

Thanks for posting the beautiful photos! And thanks for sharing your trip online -- for those of us who have a really long wait, it brings WDW closer to us!

Hope you have a great trip!:)
Thank you so much! We have been having a very fun, relaxed trip :cloud9:

Hi we just got home; we were at the MK yesterday too for EMH before our flight.
It was nice to be able to do Astro Orbiter. and the race cars with no wait finally.
We went on HM probably around 9:30 and walked on.
You must've been right behind us on HM!!
We went to Indy Speedway first (8:30ish) that a.m. and the line was LONG. You really do have to get there right at opening to avoid a line ;)

We had the drapes open the whole day too. Was a bit disappointed that our Hawaii room had a palm tree blocking our view of the castle but the view of the fireworks and the GF and the Contemporary were great!

Sorry about that :guilty: Don't hate me but, I swear, I think I got the best room in Hawaii :crazy: I definitely know what to request next time :wizard:

Didn't someone ask about laundry soap? I LOVE doing laundry and was in the laundry room a couple of times today. One load packets of Tide are $1 each in the machines. (Same for packets of Clorox 2 and Downy).

Check out these pics:

9am Beautiful sunshine
DSC03431.jpg

Rainstorm this afternoon around 1pm
DSC03455.jpg

Peeks of the quiet pool on my way to the laundry room:

DSC03444.jpg

DSC03440.jpg

DSC03442.jpg

This is Samoa
DSC03443.jpg

Pretty nice view from the arcade, huh? ;)
DSC03448.jpg

Tea at the GF this afternoon:
DSC03460.jpg

DSC03462.jpg

beautiful photos again johnsonet Iam so enjoying your live report:) It doesn't look very crowded ..where is everybody at the MK? The tea at the GF looks lovely.

Love the pictures, I can't wait for our stay in October.

I have a question I am hoping someone will tell me we will be okay. We are checking in for a room only reservation on Saturday. Our plane lands around 5ish. Then Sunday we are on a seperate reservation with our park tickets and dining plan using a code (the code wasn't good for Saturday). Do you think we will be able to get the front desk and get our park tickets and make it to Crystal Palace by 8:10 AM for breakfast at the MK???? I am also hoping that we don't have to change rooms.

Well, I'm trying to help you.:confused3 I listed the two places that serve Tonga Toast and where they are located. You can eat your breakfast at either place. Do you want more directions than I gave? If so, how will you be arriving at the Polynesian?

Room service also serves Tonga Toast but that won't help you this trip.

I totally appreciate the help, I didn't mean it to come off badly when I rep;lid (darn internet)...I ma mostly interested in seating where I can eat my counter service breakfast...is there a reg food court or tables set up anywhere? I don't wanna be standing around trying to eat Tonga Toast! LOL.

You must've been right behind us on HM!!
We went to Indy Speedway first (8:30ish) that a.m. and the line was LONG. You really do have to get there right at opening to avoid a line ;)

We went to Astro first and then straight to the Speedway. We were probably there by 8:15 and the line was still short.

Haha I couldn't hate you for having a great view. Im glad you got a great room. I bet we passed each other in the lounge a few times too.

Johnsonnet -- Thanks for posting the beautiful pictures! Even the rainstorm is beautiful!! I am getting so excited about our trip in 4 WEEKS!! I can hardly stand it!! It's giving me serious distraction issues while at my desk at work.

Thanks to all for your Poly knowledge and advice, I'm trying to take it all in.
Have a Disney Day, Renee:wizard:

I totally appreciate the help, I didn't mean it to come off badly when I rep;lid (darn internet)...I ma mostly interested in seating where I can eat my counter service breakfast...is there a reg food court or tables set up anywhere? I don't wanna be standing around trying to eat Tonga Toast! LOL.

Oh, now I understand. Sorry!

There are tables at Captain Cook's which is the first floor counter service spot. There are also some outside. One of those is pictured in johnsonet's picture from the arcade. And if by any chance all are taken, there are also tables near the pool which is usually deserted in the am.

Sorry I didn't understand.:flower3: Enjoy your Tonga Toast. It's a classic.:goodvibes

johnsonet, your pictures are just beautiful. I really love the one of the storm. I can just hear the rain! Thanks for posting them.:goodvibes

Wanted to share that I met TigrLvsPooh and her husband in the CL lounge a little while ago :) They are so fun and friendly and just the cutest couple :lovestruc I really enjoyed chatting with them. (Have fun guys! :cool1: )

Also - Picabo there IS apple juice in the fountain machines in Captain Cook's :thumbsup2

It was GREAT meeting you too!!!! :) We just got back to our room a little while ago... we went down and watched Wishes from the beach. :cloud9:

I've got a live report from the Poly over on the Live Reports board! With pics! :) If anyone has any Poly questions we're here until Friday... 3rd floor of Hawaii building. Ahhhhhh :goodvibes

Katgarcia, I saw your avatar. Are you as excited about aug 2nd as I am? I'll have to beat my 14yr old neighbor reading it i'm afraid she'll spill the beans. Are you a Jacob or Edward fan? I'm completely in love with Edward.

Oh, now I understand. Sorry!

There are tables at Captain Cook's which is the first floor counter service spot. There are also some outside. One of those is pictured in johnsonet's picture from the arcade. And if by any chance all are taken, there are also tables near the pool which is usually deserted in the am.

Sorry I didn't understand.:flower3: Enjoy your Tonga Toast. It's a classic.:goodvibes

johnsonet, your pictures are just beautiful. I really love the one of the storm. I can just hear the rain! Thanks for posting them.:goodvibes

THANKS! I thought it was such a great thing that they have Tonga toast other than at Kona! I can't wait to go there and have some!

Katgarcia, I saw your avatar. Are you as excited about aug 2nd as I am? I'll have to beat my 14yr old neighbor reading it i'm afraid she'll spill the beans. Are you a Jacob or Edward fan? I'm completely in love with Edward.

I am DEF Team Edward!!!!! There are several threads on the community board that are Twilight related...you should join our crazy discussions! I am going to the concert on friday- so excited!

Thanks for all of the pics. This really brightens my morning! Looooove the tonga toast.:thumbsup2

Well off to the dentist with my 3, then playdates, taking care of puppy, cleaning, dinner... :worship: I want to go to the Poly, now!!!

Has anyone been able to get into tikiman's site for the past couple of days? I keep getting an error message. :confused3

It normally goes down for a few days at the end of the month.

Give it another few days then try again.

Do you have any pics of the arcade? We are booked for next May and we can't wait.

The arcade is very nice. I took pics more of the view FROM the arcade and the card machine but I'll get some of the actual games for you later today... :thumbsup2

DSC03452.jpg

DSC03450.jpg

DSC03451.jpg

Hey check out this cute sweatshirt for sale in Boutiki :cutie:

DSC03454.jpg

That sweatshirt is just too cute! :lovestruc I think I'll have to pick one up after dinner at Kona Cafe next month.

Thanks for all the pics and the live report! :thumbsup2

It's really thin and soft :thumbsup2

Speaking of Kona, I need to wake up DD and go get some Tonga Toast :banana: We had a res. for 'Ohana this a.m. but my daughter told me last night she didn't want to go. wanted to go back to Kona. (That's my girl ;) )

Johnsonet, thanks so much for taking the time to post. I love all the pictures and it all makes me that much more excited for our return to the Poly in less than 3 weeks. Continue on having a great trip and enjoy your tonga toast.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter