The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a question about tickets. I am thinking of doing a split stay at SoG and Treehouse Villas. I have been going back and forth over this...I had already booked THV with free dining, but then found out about the 40% off at SoG so decided to add some days. So I was going to change my tickets but I'd sort of like to keep my free dining. Does anyone know how long your tickets are good for after you check out. For example, if I do THV first, can I get a couple extra days on my tickets and use them when I am at SoG? Has anyone ever done this and how do you do it if your tickets were on your Key?

I have a question about tickets. I am thinking of doing a split stay at SoG and Treehouse Villas. I have been going back and forth over this...I had already booked THV with free dining, but then found out about the 40% off at SoG so decided to add some days. So I was going to change my tickets but I'd sort of like to keep my free dining. Does anyone know how long your tickets are good for after you check out. For example, if I do THV first, can I get a couple extra days on my tickets and use them when I am at SoG? Has anyone ever done this and how do you do it if your tickets were on your Key?

Tickets and the dining plan are two different things, even though both of them could be on your "key to the world" (even the room key to your Disney resort room could all be on the same piece of plastic).

The dining plan covers you for as many days as you are staying at the Disney Resort. So, while you are at the Treehouse Villas, you will get the dining plan and I believe you have to use it all up by midnight the day you check out. So, you will not be able to use the dining plan beyond that.

You do not have to buy as many tickets as you have days. Generally, to qualify as a package (room, tickets, dining), you have to buy at least a one day ticket per person. But you could buy more if you want. For example, you could be staying at the Treehouse Villas for 5 days, and you could buy a 7-day ticket, and also the 5-day dining.

I hope this answers your question, but if not, please feel free to respond and give more info so we can help you out. :goodvibes

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thanks for the response LadyZolt! Okay, so if I buy extra days of park ticktets, I can use them while staying at SoG? What would happen if we stayed at SoG first? Could you get your tickets early?

Thanks for the response LadyZolt! Okay, so if I buy extra days of park ticktets, I can use them while staying at SoG? What would happen if we stayed at SoG first? Could you get your tickets early?

You can buy up to 10 days of tickets, I think, and they must be used within 14 days of the first time you use them, or you have to add the "no expiration" option. I've never picked up tickets early myself, but I have read on here that you can do so up to 3 days earlier than your room reservation by doing so at one of the Guest Services locations. Hopefully, someone who knows more than I do can jump on here and answer, but if not, you can start a thread asking specifically about that so more people will see it.

However, if you do pick up your park tickets early, yes, you can use them no matter where you're staying. :)

-Dorothy (LadyZolt)

Thank you. We will call tomorrow and request that area.

I think you'll be happy. We were in 2101 and I was concerned about noise.... not a problem. I've been in 2101 and 2105.
The elevators are right there and a staircase so you have easy access to outside or Garden Gallery if you like.

I think you'll be happy. We were in 2101 and I was concerned about noise.... not a problem. I've been in 2101 and 2105.
The elevators are right there and a staircase so you have easy access to outside or Garden Gallery if you like.

Shshshshshsh... You aren't suppose to give our secret away. :lmao:
Yes, this is a fantastic area...as long as you don't need to be near the pools.

Just noticed your ticker. You must be beside yourself with excitement.

haha. good for pools, in the new section is WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAY at the end of the hallway on the first floor. You can walk out the back door, across the gazebo and through the other building and you're at the big pool. It's killer every other time though.

I'm wondering what the rooms are like in the older section though. I haven't been there in years. Do they have the split bathroom with the door between the shower/toilet and sink/changing area? Does that exist in the older section?

Pretty nervous about the logistics. We've never been to Disneyland. It'll be fun I'm sure. We got the 3 day military salute tickets. Staying at a Disneyland hotel because I'm just too nervous about distances but holy moley is it expensive. I love my SOG rate.

And they can crash our area so long as they check with us first and make sure we don't want those rooms:) I've been in 2130, 2129, 2157, 2101 & 2105. 2130 & 29 are a loooong way at the end of the night but SOG is really small compared to huge Disney resorts with a couple thousand rooms.

We would like to be near the pools but not a long walk from where the bus drops off....Would this still be the section we want??

We would like to be near the pools but not a long walk from where the bus drops off....Would this still be the section we want??

Then you would probably be happier in the near end of the old section. I can't give you any specific numbers because we always try for the 2102 area. But I am certain there are plenty of people here who can give you the numbers.

Pretty nervous about the logistics. We've never been to Disneyland. It'll be fun I'm sure. We got the 3 day military salute tickets. Staying at a Disneyland hotel because I'm just too nervous about distances but holy moley is it expensive. I love my SOG rate.

I didn't notice it was a trip to the Land. How fun for you. :banana: I have not been in about six years, so a lot has changed in the California Adventure, so I can't tell you a whole lot. Just that you will definitely have a great time. Just don't go in with the World in mind, it is different. BUT still fun!!!

Don't miss the Indiana Jones ride! One of my faves. And the hubby can do it, so it is a ride everyone can do. I also envy that you get to see the new show at CA: World of Color. It's kind of along the lines of Fantasmic. It looks spectacular. You will have to share your experiences when you get back. :thumbsup2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o0Icz6ExiM&list=PL5B2E32D227CBCFF6

I didn't notice it was a trip to the Land. How fun for you. :banana: I have not been in about six years, so a lot has changed in the California Adventure, so I can't tell you a whole lot. Just that you will definitely have a great time. Just don't go in with the World in mind, it is different. BUT still fun!!!

Don't miss the Indiana Jones ride! One of my faves. And the hubby can do it, so it is a ride everyone can do. I also envy that you get to see the new show at CA: World of Color. It's kind of along the lines of Fantasmic. It looks spectacular. You will have to share your experiences when you get back. :thumbsup2 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7o0Icz6ExiM&list=PL5B2E32D227CBCFF6

WoC is fantastic!! We did DL last summer (for the kids' first DL trip) on the military tix and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. It was great!! I was super excited about WoC. The only thing I wish were different is the viewing area. Way too small!! We got a deluxe view room, though, and we could see some of the show from our window. :goodvibes

WoC is fantastic!! We did DL last summer (for the kids' first DL trip) on the military tix and stayed at the Disneyland Hotel. It was great!! I was super excited about WoC. The only thing I wish were different is the viewing area. Way too small!! We got a deluxe view room, though, and we could see some of the show from our window. :goodvibes

Way cool!!! :banana:

Then you would probably be happier in the near end of the old section. I can't give you any specific numbers because we always try for the 2102 area. But I am certain there are plenty of people here who can give you the numbers.

Gave SOG a call and put in a request for 2 rooms close to the pool but convenient to the bus drop off. The request was entered...
Thank you for your help.

Too bad they don't say Shades of Green on them. They look like they would keep things cold or hot. Would make a nice souvenir!

They do say Shades of Green with the plam tree logo.

They DO, cool beans! :thumbsup2 Thank you

Wishing you WDW 3 a super great DL trip! You are off on vacation in just hours. :cloud9: I really enjoy DL, it is so laid back and easy going. We last were there in the spring of 2010. Had a super fun and relaxing time. Even ended up going to the front desk and asking to stay an extra night...no problem they were happy to do it.

Thank you everyone! It'll be hard to not have WDW in my head. Getting excited. My dd and dh are crazy and I am usually the calm voice of reason so it takes me longer to amp up. Airline check-in tomorrow:cool1:

Can we talk about the food situation again?

On the website I noticed that they actually have menus listed for all the areas including the express cafe and the "on the greens" shack out by the quiet pool. I had never noticed them before.
http://www.shadesofgreen.org/dining.htm

what I did also notice was that Garden Gallery only has a breakfast menu listed, nothing else. Anyone have any info on this? Breakfast has been traditionally the only decent meal there.

And lastly, has anyone eaten at Maginos lately?

Request building by pools, close to lobby. That'll actually be the 3 digit section-not 4.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter