The NEW Official SHADES OF GREEN Information (YouTube Video Info in 1st Post)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ok. Now I have the ticker created but don't know how to add it. duh.
I've tried cutting and pasting it to my signature.

that seems like such a rip off....

depends on how big the mugs are. If they are WDW resort Mug sized I think a buck a pop is a pretty good deal when comparing against buying a la carte. even with free refills on a normal sized glass.

Also, how were the SOG restaurants? Where are the most convenient and/or desirable rooms?
Is the free wifi in effect now?

Most desirable rooms - you'll get lots of different opinions. Some of us like 2nd floor Palm wing, close to the lobby.
According to SOG Facebook post - yes free wifi is available now.
Restaurants - Don't like Evergreens since the change a few years ago. Garden Gallery is a pretty good breakfast buffet. Made to order omelets:)

depends on how big the mugs are. If they are WDW resort Mug sized I think a buck a pop is a pretty good deal when comparing against buying a la carte. even with free refills on a normal sized glass.

I wast thinking it's probably cheaper to buy the soda in the aafes.

(but my family doesn't drink soda, so i only buy the mugs for a souvenir)

They had the mugs last summer, and I didn't think it was a good deal at all. Maybe it works for some, but for us it's cheaper to just bring a case of cokes/juice/tea/water from home and have all the drinks we want or just make a quick grocery stop on the way to SOG (if you have a car or a car service getting you to the resort) and have the drinks in the room with you.

It's nice that SOG is trying to offer mugs, but paying a base price with free refills might be better option or maybe people like the current system, it's just not for us.

I think that my SOLO vacation is changing just a little bit.

The original plan was for me to go visit my dh who will be TDY at Keesler in MS for a weekend and then fly to WDW for a 5 day solo trip. But today, we thought that it might be fun for him to come to WDW to see me during Labor Day weekend. So now, instead of being solo Monday - Saturday, I'll be solo from Tuesday - Friday. He will drive from Keesler to WDW on Friday afternoon/evening. we'll spend the weekend together and on Monday he'll drive back to Mississippi and I'll fly home!! We will still have a nice weekend together, but instead of me going to him, he'll come to me. :thumbsup2

I think that my SOLO vacation is changing just a little bit.

The original plan was for me to go visit my dh who will be TDY at Keesler in MS for a weekend and then fly to WDW for a 5 day solo trip. But today, we thought that it might be fun for him to come to WDW to see me during Labor Day weekend. So now, instead of being solo Monday - Saturday, I'll be solo from Tuesday - Friday. He will drive from Keesler to WDW on Friday afternoon/evening. we'll spend the weekend together and on Monday he'll drive back to Mississippi and I'll fly home!! We will still have a nice weekend together, but instead of me going to him, he'll come to me. :thumbsup2

ooh that sounds PERFECT!

Also, how were the SOG restaurants? Where are the most convenient and/or desirable rooms?
Is the free wifi in effect now?

When I was there last june the food was not good in the SOG restaurants other than breakfast was fine at the garden gallery. I found the food at the counter window by the buses totally fine - breakfast muffins, cereals, sandwiches. I also found the food at the golf window by the quiet pool fine (had an awesome italian sausage grinder) . Evergreens was just nasty to the point of being grossed out when you walk in. And mangianos was dead. Room service from Mangianos also seemed horrid.

We've had rooms at the far end of the hall on the 'new' wing the "Palm" 1123, and 1136 and seriously they were so far away that at the end of the night I felt like dying. They did give us easy acess to the outside path to get over to the pool, but it just seemed like a hike. Those rooms are very nice though and offer a separate bathroom in 2 parts (sinks with large changing area with a door and separate toilet/shower) someone can confirm that that is the same in magnolia, though I don't remember. I am NOT requesting those same areas this time. no way. no how. too far.

We have also stayed in Magnolia and I want to say maybe 191 area. Those were super convenient. But they weren't 'new' at the time - 2006 - , but since have been fixed up.

found a room map for you http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v653/slmudd32506/Misc Disney stuff/SOGmap2009.jpg

Last year though someone was smoking up on a higher balcony than us and his/her ashes were all over our patio (we were on the 1st floor).

I guess it is better than being on ground floor and having people on upper levels empty soda cans and coolers. I have personally experienced the soda can and someone else said they experienced the cooler. In my case, the soda spilled on the patio dried sticky and the sweetness attracted an unhealthy amount of bees.

I guess it is better than being on ground floor and having people on upper levels empty soda cans and coolers. I have personally experienced the soda can and someone else said they experienced the cooler. In my case, the soda spilled on the patio dried sticky and the sweetness attracted an unhealthy amount of bees.

oh lordy. :headache:

Two questions:

1) when approximately does shades send out the request to pre-purchase tickets?

2) I need a bus refresher:

Typhoon Lagoon bus is which bus, and what is the order of stops?
Same question but for Blizzard Beach.

I'm just trying to figure out my first day with a very early arrival. we're thinking of hitting a water park (since we won't have a park day to spare, but will have an extra WP) but I'm also trying to figure out lunch because, well, I know we can't eat at shades LOL. Or possibly hitting one of the mini golfs and then lunch. Or barring all that, just buying tickets, hitting capt cooks at poly, hitting TTC to activate our tickets and then getting in the pool at shades.

so many options..only 5 months to sort it all out. hahaah.

Looks like you have gotten great answers already. :goodvibes What we are going to do this year is take a cab over to Beach Club and have our luggage placed with Bell Services. They will give you a claim check. Go check in at the resort, then we are then going to roam around Epcot until they text us with our room number. It works out great! Treehouse Villas sounds Fantastic! :thumbsup2

Angel16

Thanks everyone for the advice! We might use Bell Services - great idea! We might drive down though - we had considered against it because we will have to have 2 cars, but now we are swinging toward it again.

Two questions:

1) when approximately does shades send out the request to pre-purchase tickets?

2) I need a bus refresher:

Typhoon Lagoon bus is which bus, and what is the order of stops?
Same question but for Blizzard Beach.

If things haven't changed from a year ago, I believe we got our pre-purchase ticket email about 2-3 weeks before our arrival date. Could be different for others, I don't know.

As far as the buses for the water parks, I seem to remember they are on a route with DTD. I don't remember the order, but I seem to remember always stopping at Typhoon Lagoon before going to DTD (I some reason remember this with both SOG and Disney buses, but I'm not totally positive on that).

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter