• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thinking about switching to club level at the GF & was wondering what some of the food offerings for lunchtime and dinnertime might be?

Hey GF lovers....the GF has started outsourcing the shipping:guilty: ....so now if you ship a box to yourself there will be a fee.

AND after a trip, while packing up we used to bring stuff to the concierge desks to have boxed and shipped home....those days are gone. Now, you have to call this shipping service and they will come to your room - YOU HAVE TO BE THERE - and they will box it and take it and ship it....for a large service fee. I'm not sure what the fees are...but the good old days of bringing bags to concierge and having them do it are gone. The CMs are not even happy with this change even though it would save them work.

:sad2:

Lives4Disney

Thinking about switching to club level at the GF & was wondering what some of the food offerings for lunchtime and dinnertime might be?

Minniesota posted this on the 2007 thread:

Since there has been a lot of talk about concierge offerings, I thought I'd repost this info from the old thread. We stayed at RPC in October of this year. Here's what I made note of:

Breakfast offerings:

Assorted cereals, instant oatmeal
Fruit and yogurt
Plain and sesame bagels with cream cheese
Cinnamon raisin toast
Whole wheat and white toast
Assorted sweet rolls and croissants
Sticky buns (2 out of 6 mornings)
Cold cuts and cheese
Juices, teas, coffee and the Nescafe machine

Lunch offerings:

Veggies and dips
Cheese and crackers
Spreads (hummus) with bagel chips
Turkey and cheese sandwiches
Potato chips
Cookies
Lemonade, ice tea, Perrier, Evian and Coke products (plus Ginger Ale)

Afternoon tea time:

Cookies (sugar, oatmeal raisin, chocolate chip)
Scones and devonshire cream/jams
Banana bread
Small tea cookies
Same beverages

Evening: (5-7 PM - Food changed each night)

Grilled Chicken Ceasar Salad With Croutons
Crabcakes
Mushroom Phyllo Pouches
Brie With Lingonberries
Salmon with Potato Salad
Virginia Ham Biscuits
Assorted Veggies
Assorted cheeses and crackers

Southwest Chicken Salad
Scallops in Ancho Chili Bacon
Watermelon and Pineapple Salsa
Herb Goat Cheese Crostini
Chicken Wellington
Gazpacho Shrimp Shooters
Assorted Veggies, Cheeses, Crackers

Chicken Satay
Beef Skewer with Thai Chili Sauce
Carrot and grape salad
Coconut mango salad
Flatbread
Assorted veggies, cheeses, crackers

Hot and Sour Cucumber Salad
Asian Chicken Salad
Broccoli Cashew Salad
Thai Spring Rolls
Duck Potstickers
Vegetable Sushi with Wasabi
Assorted veggies, cheeses, crackers
Wonton Skins with Cinnamon

Wines included Penfold Cabernet, Coppola Merlot, Mumm Cuvee, a chardonnay and pinot grigio
Beers included Bud, Miller Lite, Heineken, Corona

Cordials and desserts (8-10 PM):

Chocolate covered strawberries
Swirled cheesecakes
Fruit tarts
Chocolate covered Ladyfingers
Carrot cakes
Big cookies
Tea cookies

Adult beverages included Bailey's, Kahluha, Drambouie, Brandy and 2 others (I'm a Bailey's girl!)

My kids are older so I didn't pay as much attention but what I remember is:

Turkey cheese roll-ups
Fish Nuggets
Chicken nuggets
PBJ Crustables
Cupcakes
Brownies

Hope this helps! Our favorite evening offerings were on Tuesday (Potstickers, Thai Spring Rolls, etc,) I know people say you can't make a meal out of concierge offerings but there were at least two nights that I really did not need anything else. We ate all of our breakfasts in the lounge with the exception of our last morning when we ate at the GF Cafe.
Rarely had midday offerings but often had scones! I think we had desserts and cordials 2 or 3 nights.

That was sweet to post all of that. Thanks so much it was just the info I needed! Looks yummy too!!

Sorry if this has been asked already - but are there microwaves available? Is there an extra charge?
Thanks!

One week until we leave!!

GoofyGal531

Thank you so much for that list! DH and I are staying RPC in Dec for 3 nights...I wasnt planning on doing any TS for breakfast but now I dont know if I will do any TS at all!

Many thanks!

So how much are they going to charge us when we ship a box to ourselves???

when I was at the Grand Cal in May - you had to go to the business center and buy the box, etc there and then they sent it out for you.

I have a room question for all the GF experts. We are staying at the GF in March for the first time in a MKV room. My DD4 loves the castle and the fireworks. Is there a specific building or room or location I could request for the best MK viewing?

Thanks in advance for any suggestions.

Thank you to all of you for all of your guidance and advice over the last 6 mos. We leave in the morning (I should be sleeping!). I will post my thoughts and some pictures (ofcourse) when I come back. Everyone have a great week, and I hope we enjoy our week at the GF!!!! (praying for warm weather...well I guess anything beats 0 degrees that its suppose to be here in chicago on wednesday LOL and also really hoping nobody gets sick)

:cool1: :cool1: GF here we come!!!!!

Thank you to all of you for all of your guidance and advice over the last 6 mos. We leave in the morning (I should be sleeping!). I will post my thoughts and some pictures (ofcourse) when I come back. Everyone have a great week, and I hope we enjoy our week at the GF!!!! (praying for warm weather...well I guess anything beats 0 degrees that its suppose to be here in chicago on wednesday LOL and also really hoping nobody gets sick)

:cool1: :cool1: GF here we come!!!!!

I hope you got out OK!! :wizard: We got a lot of snow up here.:eek:

Safe travels and have a magical vacation!:)

Channing:goodvibes

Are lodge tower rooms requests or a separate booking category? Love the size of the rooms that were posted a few pages back by Cinderumbrella. DH, DS and I are staying at the GF in June thanks to the 4-3 promo and I don't know what bldg to request.I booked a GV room. We've thought about staying at the GF before..but now there's no reason not to with the great promo.:goodvibes When we stayed at the Poly last year we loved walking over to the GF and knew we'd end up there very soon:)

Are lodge tower rooms requests or a separate booking category? Love the size of the rooms that were posted a few pages back by Cinderumbrella. DH, DS and I are staying at the GF in June thanks to the 4-3 promo and I don't know what bldg to request.I booked a GV room. We've thought about staying at the GF before..but now there's no reason not to with the great promo.:goodvibes When we stayed at the Poly last year we loved walking over to the GF and knew we'd end up there very soon:)

They are a separate booking category except in Sugar Loaf where they are mostly by luck or request. I say luck because twice we got the tower room and the one time we requested it we didn't get it. They are hard to get as they book up fast. Enjoy your stay at the Grand.

GF RPC 5TH FLOOR?

Hi all, does anyone have any info on the room/suite layout of the 5th floor of the gf main bldg? one/two bedrooms location/ views, etc? tia

That was sweet to post all of that. Thanks so much it was just the info I needed! Looks yummy too!!

GoofyGal531
Thank you so much for that list! DH and I are staying RPC in Dec for 3 nights...I wasnt planning on doing any TS for breakfast but now I dont know if I will do any TS at all!

Many thanks!

You're both welcome :flower3: I like knowing the details too :goodvibes

Sorry if this has been asked already - but are there microwaves available? Is there an extra charge?
Thanks!

One week until we leave!!

No charge, just ask and they'll deliver it to your room.

GF RPC 5TH FLOOR?

Hi all, does anyone have any info on the room/suite layout of the 5th floor of the gf main bldg? one/two bedrooms location/ views, etc? tia

Hi, they either have courtyard or Beach Pool views.

These suites have 2 queens in one bedroom...and then a living room with a sofa sleeper..and another bedroom with a king bed. The room code is B2. There are two full baths and a half bath, a wet bar, and three balconies. They sleep 8.

ugh...I have the floorplan but can't get it to post. :sad2:

Lives4Disney :)

Cinderumbrella/Kristen, that room you had last visit, is it a GV room? Did you make a certain request to get it? (Tell me again what a lodge tower room is?)

I was browsing the "Luxury Guide to WDW" in the bookstore today, in particular the GF section and I have a few questions for the resident experts of this thread :)

Is there a lounge in Citricos? Can anyone go in for a drink or is it just for patrons of Citricos? The book mentioned appetizers and desserts were availabe there. Has anyone done this?

Can you go into the bar in Narcoosee's for just a drink?

The book also said that there were two pool bars at the GF and that they have food available. Is this the room service menu or is there food right there at the bar? I only remeber the bar by the courtyard pool.

I know the Mizners is at the GF.

Hmm - perhaps a new mission for the vacation~ to enjoy a drink from each bar at the GF!

OMG I can't believe that one week from tonite dh and I will be spending our first night of our vacation at the GF. I know that this week will just fly by.

I have a spa appointment for a facial and massage at the GF. I have read elsewhere that they don't have a very nice changing area in the facility and I don't necessarily need a private stall, but I was wondering if they give you a robe and locker when you check in or would I look like a complete dork if I used the robe from the hotel over my swimsuit? Be honest now. Aside from my scheduled treatments, it there anything else available without an appointment? I have had plenty of facials but this is the first massage that I will have ever had. I have lost 100lbs in the last year and have always been way to embarrassed to do that. I am still a little "pooh" sized (another 40lbs to lose) so hopefully I will be able to relax and enjoy it.

Any spa details would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks. I am sure that I will have more questions this week as our trip gets closer.

Don't worry... it's a very nice place to change and if you feel at all uncomfortable, they do have bathroom stalls you can use to change in. I think I did that.

You will arrive, they will show you back to the changing area, give you a robe and sandals, let you choose a locker that you will be the only one with the combo too and they will show you where to wait after you are changed. They have coffee, tea and cold water with lemon waiting for you there.

Don't forget to bring your bathing suit with you because you can use the whirlpool afterwards and I do believe with some of the treatments you need to have bathing suit and the ones they have don't fit too well.

Also... afterwards... don't miss out on the chance to take a shower and use the shower gel and shampoo, etc that is scented in their signature Ruby Red Grapefruit. It is WONDERFUL!!! (note... to turn the showers on... PULL the handle out - not just turn it... I got it wrong and had to ask. go for the one all the way on the right if it's open - it's bigger and has a changing bench there.

Bring a brush with you also - they have hair dryers for you to use.

Good luck... relax and enjoy!!! :goodvibes :goodvibes :goodvibes

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter