The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Thanks for the quick response. I am very much looking forward to the H2O products...I'm not packing any either!

You can purchase full size bottles of the H20 products at the Sandy Cove gift shop. Funny thing is, they're cheaper there than at the H20 stores! :)

I bought the full sizes and now replenish them with all the mini bottles. DH tipped the maid daily and requested LOTS of products. Our suitcase was 2lbs over the limit due to H2O products!! :rotfl2: Just ask for extra and they give you a TON! :rotfl:

You can purchase full size bottles of the H20 products at the Sandy Cove gift shop. Funny thing is, they're cheaper there than at the H20 stores! :)

I bought the full sizes and now replenish them with all the mini bottles. DH tipped the maid daily and requested LOTS of products. Our suitcase was 2lbs over the limit due to H2O products!! :rotfl2: Just ask for extra and they give you a TON! :rotfl:

You got that right! We stayed at the BWI in Oct and the mousekeepers noticed I used the H2O stuff and did she load me up! I love that stuff!

Hi!

We haven't stayed at GF since 2004 and was wondering what updates/improvements have been done at the resort since that time, i.e. room rehabs, restaurants, grounds, etc.

We're going in 2 weeks and are thinking about changing to the GF with our great PH rate.

Any help from those GF experts is greatly appreciated!

Grannyminnie read about you changing resorts to the GF and surprising your sister!! What a great surprise:goodvibes Also I called WDW Recreation today and you can book the cabanas 90 out from the start of your trip...not from the day you want to reserve...makes booking much easier...

BCV Glad that you are having a good trip...sounds like alot of good dining...:thumbsup2 We always enjoy Narcoosees...usually best meal of the trip...I used to enjoy the lunch there too...enjoy the rest of your trip..:)

Minniesota How is your DD liking the new pillows...didnt order yet...its on the TO DO list....

Hi BlueSkies! She loves them. She even had her cousin, who has made many trips to the GF as well, come up to her room the other night and they both laid down in her bed and in unison said. "aaaahhhhh"! Now if someone would just come in and remake the bed with those crisp white sheets every day! She does have white sheets but, trust me, I don't iron them!!!!

You got that right! We stayed at the BWI in Oct and the mousekeepers noticed I used the H2O stuff and did she load me up! I love that stuff!

Nicki, the stuff at the GF is H20 Spa (it's green, not blue) OMG it's AMAZING!! DH even loves it!!! Such a difference from the blue stuff. And the shea butter, to die for!!! :cloud9:

You're lucky you drive, you can pile it up all in the car!! :rotfl2:
Mare

Transportation question:

Is there bus service to Epcot or do you have to monorail to the TTC and then transfer to Epcot monorail?

Transportation question:

Is there bus service to Epcot or do you have to monorail to the TTC and then transfer to Epcot monorail?

The only option for getting to Epcot (using Disney transportation) is the monorail to the TTC and then Epcot monorail. Enjoy your trip

Minniesota Glad to hear that your DD is enjoying the pillows...we NEED new pillows...I cant tell you how many I have purchased trying to find the right one...we have a collection...

We all liked the pillows during our last stay at the GF...now that I know that you have them and they are the same I feel good about ordering them...:thumbsup2 No ironing of the sheets here either:rotfl:

Nicki, the stuff at the GF is H20 Spa (it's green, not blue) OMG it's AMAZING!! DH even loves it!!! Such a difference from the blue stuff. And the shea butter, to die for!!! :cloud9:

You're lucky you drive, you can pile it up all in the car!! :rotfl2:
Mare

We love the H2O spa stuff too...you forgot about the mint foot rub...its all great!! One more reason to stay at the GF:lovestruc

OOOHHHH Thanks for the tip :) I'll definitely purchase some there!
I'll be tipping the mousekeepers so hopefully they'll keep the supplies coming :rotfl:

On another note...I hate hotel comforters...do you think if I ask the mousekeepers to take the comforters away that they'll keep them off for our entire stay? The first thing I do is take those off the beds and stick them in a corner :rotfl: I'll be having mousekeeping come to give me bedrails (and is the daybed made up for sleeping or do I have to call and request that too?) so I thought at that time I'd ask them to take the comforters with them...we have 5 people and will have 5 suitcases...we'll probably need the corner space that those nasty comforters are taking up :rotfl: Am I completely anal if I ask for extra top sheets so I can cover the bedrails? I know I know I'm a germ a phobe...not really but just with bedding...it totally grosses me out to sleep in hotel bedding for some reason...just one of those phobic things for me I guess.
Ok...thanks for indulging my anal questions :rotfl:
WOOOHOOOO I leave Saturday morning :cool1: :cool1: :cool1:

The only option for getting to Epcot (using Disney transportation) is the monorail to the TTC and then Epcot monorail. Enjoy your trip

Thanks. One more question. Is there a cut over to the Epcot Monorail or do you have to go down to the bottom of the ramp and then back up? We will be traveling with mom who will be in a scooter. I want to make sure she knows the travel logistics.

I love the H2O stuff . :goodvibes The foot rub cream is the best.:thumbsup2

We didn't get the foot cream, could that be for CL only??

On another note...I hate hotel comforters...do you think if I ask the mousekeepers to take the comforters away that they'll keep them off for our entire stay? The first thing I do is take those off the beds and stick them in a corner :rotfl: I'll be having mousekeeping come to give me bedrails (and is the daybed made up for sleeping or do I have to call and request that too?) so I thought at that time I'd ask them to take the comforters with them...we have 5 people and will have 5 suitcases...we'll probably need the corner space that those nasty comforters are taking up :rotfl: Am I completely anal if I ask for extra top sheets so I can cover the bedrails? I know I know I'm a germ a phobe...not really but just with bedding...it totally grosses me out to sleep in hotel bedding for some reason...just one of those phobic things for me I guess.

Sure, they'll remove the comforters - we always do. I've found the bedrails to be rather clean, so I just spray them down with lysol. But I think they'd bring you extra sheets for them. I believe there is an extra top sheet on top of the blanket.

Have fun!

Thanks. One more question. Is there a cut over to the Epcot Monorail or do you have to go down to the bottom of the ramp and then back up? We will be traveling with mom who will be in a scooter. I want to make sure she knows the travel logistics.

Nope, but at Epcot there is a handicap elevator to get up and down the ramps, just ask and they'll point you to it. But not at TTC.

Here are a few room shots from our stay last month:

Room 7206, Conch Key, Lodge Tower Room

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

Our view:

IMG_2141.jpg

And just for Channing, sunrise at WDW! :cloud9:

IMG_2162.jpg

Here are a few room shots from our stay last month:

Room 7206, Conch Key, Lodge Tower Room

IMG_2136.jpg

IMG_2137.jpg

IMG_2138.jpg

IMG_2139.jpg

IMG_2140.jpg

Our view:

IMG_2141.jpg

And just for Channing, sunrise at WDW! :cloud9:

IMG_2162.jpg

:rotfl: :rotfl: Kristin!! I love your pics!! I just got on here today and yours is the first post I saw.:goodvibes OMG!!:rotfl2: WHAT TIME DOES THAT SUN COME UP IN WDW??WHY were you UP!??!?!?:rotfl:

Post MORE!!!:cool1:

We just changed our flights to fly in Wed night!! :woohoo:

CHanning
:rotfl:

A few more GF shots

We took these from the water when we rented a Boston Whaler one afternoon.

IMG_2491.jpg

IMG_2490.jpg

From atop the CR at Cali Grille:

IMG_2498.jpg

Gingerbread House

IMG_2368.jpg

IMG_2365.jpg

IMG_2367.jpg

IMG_2366.jpg

And not sure if anyone ever posted a pic of the boat for the Pirate's Cruise

IMG_2492.jpg

OOOHHHH Thanks for the tip :) I'll definitely purchase some there!
I'll be tipping the mousekeepers so hopefully they'll keep the supplies coming :rotfl:

We asked for top sheets to cover the bed rails too, but the rails were so bright white and clean that I doubt they had been used :confused3 We asked for 3 rails, and had no problem getting that many either as well as the extra pillows! :thumbsup2 Mousekeeping was great !

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter