The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need to redeem the good name of the GF IPO. Their response was in my SPAM folder. Whoops! :blush:

Thanks for letting us know! I have always had stellar service from GF IPO - before, during and after our trips! I do usually work with one of two CMs I've gotten to know over the years so that does help. Glad they didn't let you down.

Thanks for letting us know! I have always had stellar service from GF IPO - before, during and after our trips! I do usually work with one of two CMs I've gotten to know over the years so that does help. Glad they didn't let you down.

thats great but I find service inconsistent. They dont even sign the emails because no one wants to be blamed. Calvin is great and so is Betty I talked to her the other day and she was wonderful.

I need to redeem the good name of the GF IPO. Their response was in my SPAM folder. Whoops! :blush:

That's awesome. I am glad it worked out. You do have to stay on top of them though. Their service can really be inconsistent.

Luckily I go there enough and know CMs that look out for us.:goodvibes :wizard:

Happy travels,

Lives4Disney :)

thats great but I find service inconsistent. They dont even sign the emails because no one wants to be blamed. Calvin is great and so is Betty I talked to her the other day and she was wonderful.

I wasn't sure if we could name specific CMs, but yeah, Calvin is the best! I guess I've been lucky.

I just caved in and upgraded our ressie in Sept. from the WL to the GF...you guys are NOT good influences on me! :lmao: I'm not telling my sister; she will just have to be surprised when we go in the opposite direction after the entrance to the MK and area resorts!!

Hi all, I just booked my GF vacation and I'm still in a fog that I'm actually going to be staying at the GF! I had the usual questions about rooms. I was hoping you could help me with the best garden view rooms. I'll be traveling alone with my DD4 so a central location to Gasparilla's, pool, and the monorail would be good. Is there a location that fits that description, or close to it? I prefer to be on the top floor, which I believe are called the dormer rooms and had some questions on those. They look so cute, but the balcony looks a little blah. I was curious about your view when you're sitting down...can you see over the top of the balcony, or only when you're standing up? Does anyone have any pics of a dormer room? I saw a few on the GF photo thread, but was looking for some more angles to give me a better idea. I am so excited about this, and really don't know anything about the GF. I had never even considered it because it is so out of my price range, but with the 4/3 deal, I couldn't resist :) Could you all tell me must see things or must do things around the resort, best place to view the fireworks/EWP (what time does it go by?), transportation advice, How are the character breakfasts, and are there any activities for children? I know, a lot of questions but I am a total newbie on this site and am looking to soak up all the info I can :) Thanks in advance, and I look forward to chatting with all of you! :grouphug:

Sorry no one got back to you! My DS and I stayed in a dormer room in Sago a few years ago and I really liked the location and room. We were in a very quiet area of the building - facing the monorail side but closer to the end of the building that face the castle. It was close to the main building, Gasparilla's and the bus stop. The room has a vaulted ceiling which did make it feel spacious. The balcony is enclosed and you can't see when sitting down.

We watched the fireworks from the patio in front of Gasparilla's. To get a closer view of the EWP, you may want to walk over to the boat dock. Or if you are in Sago, there is a little patio area out toward the lagoon that would also be a good spot. Not sure of the exact time of the parade, but I think it's around 9:15. Someone else may have more specific info.

Perhaps others will chime in on kids activities and character breakfasts. My "kids" are teens now! Have fun planning - GF is a wonderful resort!

You may have already read this but take the monorail to the MK and the resort boat back - GF is the 1st stop on each of these options.

I just caved in and upgraded our ressie in Sept. from the WL to the GF...you guys are NOT good influences on me! :lmao: I'm not telling my sister; she will just have to be surprised when we go in the opposite direction after the entrance to the MK and area resorts!!

YAY!!!! :cool1: That is awesome!!:) Now I hope you get some kind of code.....that is so nice of you to do that for your sister!!!:goodvibes (well.....for you!:rotfl: ;) ) Just kidding!! Enjoy!!!

Channing:)

YAY!!!! :cool1: That is awesome!!:) Now I hope you get some kind of code.....that is so nice of you to do that for your sister!!!:goodvibes (well.....for you!:rotfl: ;) ) Just kidding!! Enjoy!!!

Channing:)

Yep, I'm pretty excited and can only share it with you all and not her! It'll be a kick to see her face when we head in that direction. Bad thing is, I have to wait so long to see it!!
Oh, and by the way, I did not make any room requests at this time. Not that I might not later, but I had forgotten what had been said on this thread about good GV rooms.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter