• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
AWESOME picture! My son would have yelled,' mommy BAMBI' :rotfl:

Can anyone tell me if GF sells autograph books? I was going to order some off ebay but the ones I want are 18/book and I need two. How much are the ones from Disney?
We will definitely need them the first night as we are going to 1900 Park Fare. I will need one for a boy and my dd would probably want a princess one. I can just bite the bullet and buy this expensive one from ebay however I don't know if its really worth the $$. the others look like notebooks to me :confused3 :rotfl:

thanks in advance for your replies :)

I have a question along the same lines but does the GF sell a Christmas Autograph book or do they have the normal ones that they always sell. Thanks!

AWESOME picture! My son would have yelled,' mommy BAMBI' :rotfl:

Can anyone tell me if GF sells autograph books? I was going to order some off ebay but the ones I want are 18/book and I need two. How much are the ones from Disney?
We will definitely need them the first night as we are going to 1900 Park Fare. I will need one for a boy and my dd would probably want a princess one. I can just bite the bullet and buy this expensive one from ebay however I don't know if its really worth the $$. the others look like notebooks to me :confused3 :rotfl:

Hi, M Mouse Mercantile sells these. Not sure on the cost but it's probably less than Ebay's. Is the one you are looking at on Ebay the photo album autograph book? Those are larger and more expensive. I kinda think the basic ones are about $10 or less. It's been a while since we bought one...I can actually go find one of ours and see the price tag on it.:rotfl: (just the basic ones)

I have a question along the same lines but does the GF sell a Christmas Autograph book or do they have the normal ones that they always sell. Thanks!

Let's see if we can PM Vickie. She's new to the DIS..not sure if she can be PMed. She works in M Mouse at the GF.

We can ask Vicki M2pJ's question too.:)

Channing:)

I *think* the small blue ones are $6 and the large autograph ones are $10.

We had gotten the small blue one on DS's first trip 4 years ago and he just filled the book on our last trip this Nov! Back in June, we bought the autograph photo book and after two days, he filled it. It's a nice keepsake, but if you have a character hound its not worth it.

I think you can put photos in it...it's personalized and the paper is not supposed to bleed through and it comes with a pen...I don't know :rotfl: :confused3 my plan was to put it in the kids stockings and then tell them about the trip but I'm not up for 18 bucks each and then the shipping. Seems like a waste.
Thanks for the info ladies...you are always so helpful I figured someone here could inform me :)

We leave tomorrow and are at the Poly for 3 nights. Then we check into RPC on Tues, Dec 16th for 4 nights. I am so excited!!!

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-9202.asp

Here's the Princess Autograph Photo Book. Again, I can't remember the price but it wasn't drastically overpriced. It's nice and large, it just doesn't have a lot of pages.

http://www.laughingplacestore.com/Product-2932.asp
This is the original autograph book. I prefer this one. It's small I always have a place to carry it and the new ones have a pen holder (very handy!)

Thanks for the link!
The ones I'm looking at on ebay are the smaller sized like the one shown but they have 34 pages and room for a photo I think.
If you look also at the other options offered farther down on one of the pages it shows the books that are spiral notebook style. There are many of them being sold on ebay right now but to me that just looks like a notebook and not an autograph book. Anyway i think i'll wait til i get there

We leave tomorrow and are at the Poly for 3 nights. Then we check into RPC on Tues, Dec 16th for 4 nights. I am so excited!!!

We're doing the exact opposite of you, starting the day after you leave! 4 nights RPC (just got the 21st this afternoon, YAY!! :yay: ) and then 3 at the Poly.

Have a wonderful trip!! :santa:

Denise,
have a wonderful time!! :goodvibes

Thanks for the link!
The ones I'm looking at on ebay are the smaller sized like the one shown but they have 34 pages and room for a photo I think.
If you look also at the other options offered farther down on one of the pages it shows the books that are spiral notebook style. There are many of them being sold on ebay right now but to me that just looks like a notebook and not an autograph book. Anyway i think i'll wait til i get there

I'd wait. :thumbsup2 I pmed Vickie...she is awesome & works there- so if she gets it she can tell us all kinds of stuff about autograph books:goodvibes . But...she isn't really a big Disser so who knows if/when she'll get the PM. ;) It sounds like they are coming out with more "styles". We have several of the basic ones with the pen holder and there is a little clear plastic pocket inside the back cover for a photo or ticket?? NOt sure...I never noticed that until today when I was looking for the price...and of course there are not any prices.:rotfl: ON ANY!!! And we have too many becasue the girls always FORGET their books at home & NEED to buy another at the resort.:rolleyes1

ANyway....happy planning & Denise, happy travels!!:cool1:

Vanessa, I took these pictures of the 2 they had in the gift shop today at the GF. The small one is $6.95 and the larger one is $10.95.

1_4.jpg

2_2.jpg

Chan: There's no prices because they have the plastic wrap on them when you buy them! I just figured that out when I was looking for the price on ours! :rotfl2:

I like the little blue one. It's the original official one and it's so easy to carry. Many kids have it so DS4 likes having what everyone else has.

Lisa- Thanks so much for taking the pics! You are a sweetie. I am glad you are having such a great time and I read that you enjoyed the VIP guide. I am just toooo excited!! (even though exhausted right now!!)

Chan: There's no prices because they have the plastic wrap on them when you buy them! I just figured that out when I was looking for the price on ours! :rotfl2:

I like the little blue one. It's the original official one and it's so easy to carry. Many kids have it so DS4 likes having what everyone else has.

:rotfl: :rotfl: I realized that after I scoured the books for a price tag!!!! :rotfl: And Lisa's pics confirm it.:thumbsup2 I like the little ones too.

Lisa- Thanks so much for taking the pics! You are a sweetie. I am glad you are having such a great time and I read that you enjoyed the VIP guide. I am just toooo excited!! (even though exhausted right now!!)

Aw...Vanessa.
...you leave soon!!!! Hang in there. :goodvibes Exhausted but with a clean house!:thumbsup2

Lisa,
that was really nice to take those pics. :)

Channing

Hi, You call 407-WDW-PLAY up to 90 days in advance. You will have to put down a CC. It won't be charged until you are there in the cabana - and you don't HAVE to use that CC to cover the bill....you can room charge it, cash, whatever. They just take the CC info as deposit just in case.

OH! LOL..I thought for some reason you were checking in Tuesday.....bummer you & Davis are feeling sick.:guilty: Until fairly recently one of our kids - usually the youngest - would always - without fail get the stomach bug at WDW. :sad2: It was a WONDERFUL trip if nobody got sick while we were there....and waited til home.:rotfl: I always bring HandyWipes and Clorox Wipes. This stomach bug was going around last November when we went for our 10 day Thanksgiving trip......we escaped it. :thumbsup2 I saw a LOT of bad stuff though.....remember the POTC boat? - you probably don't but it was nasty:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I never get into one without looking at the floor first from now on. :rotfl2:

Get better quick and have a great time!! You will LOVE it.:goodvibes

Hi, GrannyMinnie!! Haven't seen you around in a long time.:goodvibes

Hello! (sorry I don't know how to lift only your comment to me...). I've been lurking off and on. Enjoyed a trip recently, staying at the AKL ( one night club level for the first time) and WL, with 5 other family members. Good time was had by all, but would you believe I fell AGAIN this year, and early in the morning, just like last year at this same time while in the MK with my sisters?? What is up with THAT?? LOL

Long time reader, first time poster here.

We haven't been to WDW since May 2006. That was the 3rd trip to WDW for my now 4yr old daughter (3 times in her first 2 years). Interestingly, all of our trips were for various other reasons (work conferences, softball tournaments, etc.) but because of it my daugher thoroughly enjoyed the fringe benefit of a week at WDW. She has talked about going again, and we haven't been since due to the arrival of her younger brother. He's now 19 months old and we feel at an age where he is manageable enough (almost) to take on a trip. We took her at 18months, but she was mature beyond her years whereas he's a wild man (currently can't take him to restaurants as he doesn't like to sit still for more than 10 minutes).

Anyways, enough history.

I recently took advantage of the 4-3 offer and we have a trip booked in March 09. I decided to stay at GF, theme park view. In our previous trips with our daughter, we stayed at AKL, BWV, and AKL. We love AKL but I just wanted to try something different and not quite as remote. Obviously, I went with a very expensive room choice, but I figured with the 4-3 deal it was only costing me slightly more than half as much to upgrade than usual and who knows when, if ever, they will offer a deal like that again.

Hopefully, we will feel that the upgrade was money well spent after the trip. We do end up spending time in the room during AM waking as my daughter is slow to get up and going in the morning, afternoon naps for my 19month old, and late nights with my daughter who is a complete night owl.

Any suggestions to help us get the most out of our GF stay would be greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.

Vanessa, I took these pictures of the 2 they had in the gift shop today at the GF. The small one is $6.95 and the larger one is $10.95.

1_4.jpg

2_2.jpg

That was extremely nice of you to take those pictures! Thank you so much!
Holy crap the princess one is big...I'll stick with the small one and 6.95 is definitely better than 18 :rotfl2: ebay...always ripping you off :rotfl2:
THANK YOU all of you who responded to my question :goodvibes
I'll be at Disney this time next month :banana: :banana:

Denise -- I've brought one home the last two years on the plane with no problems, and we'll be bringing another one home this year. You should be fine. The box they've put it in, in the past has been just the right size, so it won't move around a lot. They can also give you tissue to pack around the top of the house on the inside to help cushion it. Good luck!

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter