• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The *New* Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ thread (NOV 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
You can reserve one 90 days in advance. There is a list of amenities, costs, and pictures and I posted updated pics on the first few pages of this thread. The newer updated look are the ones with the burgundy cushions.

They are nice.:)

Lives4Disney

Can you tell me who we call to make the reservation. Do you call the resort direct or the main reservation line? Thanks so much for all of your help.:lovestruc

Can you tell me who we call to make the reservation. Do you call the resort direct or the main reservation line? Thanks so much for all of your help.:lovestruc

407-WDW-PLAY. Have fun!:wizard:

Channing, we don't leave until Sat. Right now I am at work and feeling cruddy. Davis and I both have colds. Is the stomach flu bad at Disney right now? That would be horrible. I hope that the PP is feeling better. I am going to bring a big bottle of Lysol, Clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer
Have a great time, Denise! The spray is a good idea, IMO. We were there last week, and I was spraying everything down and didn't even know there was a nasty bug circulating! And you with a child who has been so ill, you need to be extra careful.
And BTW, I'm sure sorry about the Tide! I was pullin' for em!!

Hi, You call 407-WDW-PLAY up to 90 days in advance. You will have to put down a CC. It won't be charged until you are there in the cabana - and you don't HAVE to use that CC to cover the bill....you can room charge it, cash, whatever. They just take the CC info as deposit just in case.

Channing, we don't leave until Sat. Right now I am at work and feeling cruddy. Davis and I both have colds. Is the stomach flu bad at Disney right now? That would be horrible. I hope that the PP is feeling better. I am going to bring a big bottle of Lysol, Clorox wipes, and hand sanitizer

OH! LOL..I thought for some reason you were checking in Tuesday.....bummer you & Davis are feeling sick.:guilty: Until fairly recently one of our kids - usually the youngest - would always - without fail get the stomach bug at WDW. :sad2: It was a WONDERFUL trip if nobody got sick while we were there....and waited til home.:rotfl: I always bring HandyWipes and Clorox Wipes. This stomach bug was going around last November when we went for our 10 day Thanksgiving trip......we escaped it. :thumbsup2 I saw a LOT of bad stuff though.....remember the POTC boat? - you probably don't but it was nasty:rotfl2: :rotfl2: I never get into one without looking at the floor first from now on. :rotfl2:

Get better quick and have a great time!! You will LOVE it.:goodvibes

Have a great time, Denise! The spray is a good idea, IMO. We were there last week, and I was spraying everything down and didn't even know there was a nasty bug circulating! And you with a child who has been so ill, you need to be extra careful.
And BTW, I'm sure sorry about the Tide! I was pullin' for em!!

Hi, GrannyMinnie!! Haven't seen you around in a long time.:goodvibes

Channing:)

I already requested a cabana rental when I contacted IPO. I'm hoping to have one for a 1/2 day on ds's birthday, and a full day on our non-park day.

Denise -hope you all are feeling better. We had the "horrible stomach bug" at Disney in January 2006, and DH was running the marathon. I ALWAYS travel with clorox wipes. I can't blame ours on Disney though, because two of my older ds' who were home had it at the same time. Have a great trip!

This is what we saw tonight as we were turning into the resort. There were 5 of them standing right by the GF sign.

img7296.jpg

This is what we saw tonight as we were turning into the resort. There were 5 of them standing right by the GF sign.

img7296.jpg

How cute! Now that's an animal I don't mind seeing around the property. Better than seeing any critter type things........:thumbsup2

Wow... cool lawn ornament... ;)

Almost as cute as the ducks (unless they are in the pool...)

Wow!! Now that is something I NEVER expected to see at Disney! How very, very cool. :goodvibes

Lisa....that is an awesome pic :thumbsup2. I can't believe they were right there.....and five of them at that :rolleyes1. Very cool....thanks for posting it :goodvibes.

Cool photo, Lisa! Thanks for sharing.

In October, we drove to dinner at Artist Point. There was a group of deer just inside the WL property too. Maybe the same family.:goodvibes

Do you think the Imagineers place them there?:wizard:

Isn't it just amazing how far the Disney Imagineers will go to decorate for xmas?:)

That deer almost looks real!:rotfl:

That really is a fantastic photo -- thanks for posting it!

What an awesome picture Lisa! I hope you are having a great time!

Denise - We just got back last week and no stomach bug problems at the GF for us!
We Purelled a lot and I especially made sure we did it after we used the serving tongs/spoons in the RPC lounge or any buffet!
I did have a bad cold but we just took it a little slower and spent more time at the resort eating and shopping!:)

Great photo, hobbester! I agree with the other posters, they're really going all out on decorations this year! ;)

We saw deer near our resort once, too, I just can't remember which one. It didn't strike us as all that odd at the time - because we live in a rural area, our town gets wandering deer quite often. We've had them in our back yard, lol.

Denise - We just got back last week and no stomach bug problems at the GF for us!
We Purelled a lot and I especially made sure we did it after we used the serving tongs/spoons in the RPC lounge or any buffet!
I did have a bad cold but we just took it a little slower and spent more time at the resort eating and shopping!:)

I'm really glad to hear this, we don't go until early Jan., but I had been worried about the reports of a virus going around. I've been sick for over a week, so I'm kind of nervous that I'll be more susceptible than usual. Thanks for the post.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter