The **NEW** Grand Floridian FAQ!(MAY 2011)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone reported seeing the new logo merchandise? I remember in August 2010 a Cast Member working at Commander Porter’s said they were getting new logo items for their clothes during the fall of that year, however when I was back there in December 2010 they didn't have anything new. So is there an update anyone has or was the Cast Member wrong about that?

I'm curious, too. I remember your news some months ago, CRFan, and checked when we visited the GF in Feb/March. There were some new GF things in Sandy Cove but I saw nothing new in Commnader's Porter's. The CM did tell me that changes were coming to the store itself which really intrigued me. :confused3

Hopefully, someone will report with news soon. So many of you are visiting soon. :surfweb:

vettegirl - I somehow missed your post earlier - thanks!:goodvibes

CR Fan - you just missed the best source regarding GF merchandise - BCV23! Hopefully, she'll pop back in and see your question, or someone else will know. I don't buy much in the way of souvenirs, so I can't answer.

Thanks but you give me too much credit.....or is it that I use too much credit when visiting the GF. :rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Have a great trip even if it's not a Grand one this time. :hug:

I'm curious, too. I remember your news some months ago, CRFan, and checked when we visited the GF in Feb/March. There were some new GF things in Sandy Cove but I saw nothing new in Commnader's Porter's. The CM did tell me that changes were coming to the store itself which really intrigued me. :confused3

Hopefully, someone will report with news soon. So many of you are visiting soon. :surfweb:
Thanks for your reply and hopefully when I am back at WDW this August/September they will have new items for sale.

Good Morning from the Grand Floridian! Everyone is still sleeping. We have a 7:15 ADR for Chef Mickey's so I need to hop in the shower soon. We are going to the Magic Kingdom after breakfast. Then Grace has an appt for some pixie dust and Sarah is getting her first haircut at the Main Street Barbershop!

Yesterday was fun! We got here around noon. A club level person met our bus and took us straight to our room! She handed us our keys and that was it! Quite lovely! Our room overlook the poll. We see the lake, the wedding chapel and the poly. They EPCOT ball is in the distance. We watched the water parade as well as the EpCoT fireworks from our balcony!

We went over to the magic kingdom after we got here and rode the haunted mansion and It's a small world. Then headed back to swim. It was so hot yesterday!

Oh, and I don't care for the baggelini. I took everything out of it last night and put it in my large backpack (Vera). I can gety camera and a bottle of water in the backpack, but not in the baggelini. So I was carrying 2 bags plus my camera, it was too much!

Oh, also, we are here to celebrate Sarah's first birthday ( a little late, but we came for Grace's first birthday, too). Anyway, Minnie and Mickey called our room to wish her happy birthday. And then they brought in a white chocolate Mickey, with Sarah's name on it, and delicious cookies! So cool! I'll have pics when we get home!!

Yey new post! The other was getting too long for me to read it all. 4 months and 6 days until we arrive at the GF. I can't wait! It's my first time staying there. :banana::banana:

Love the new thread!!! :goodvibes Making me miss my vacation at the GF last month:sad1:

I hope to be able to go back someday!!!

Thank you for the new thread!
We're staying in the Epcot Resort loop this time, and after 2 yrs. on the monorail (GF, then BLT), I hope I won't get homesick!

Thanks for the new thread k&a&c'smom, looks great!:thumbsup2

thanks for the new thread k&a&c'smom. :cheer2: It's great!!

Thanks for the kind words, everyone, I hope you enjoy the new thread!:goodvibes

BCV23 - :rotfl: It must be the second.;) Thanks for the well wishes for the trip, we are leaving in a couple hours. Woohoo!

tobin04 - Thanks for the report, sounds like you are having a wonderful time! I love the rooms over the themed pool, great view and near the atrium and lounge.

Good Morning from the Grand Floridian! Everyone is still sleeping. We have a 7:15 ADR for Chef Mickey's so I need to hop in the shower soon. We are going to the Magic Kingdom after breakfast. Then Grace has an appt for some pixie dust and Sarah is getting her first haircut at the Main Street Barbershop!

Yesterday was fun! We got here around noon. A club level person met our bus and took us straight to our room! She handed us our keys and that was it! Quite lovely! Our room overlook the poll. We see the lake, the wedding chapel and the poly. They EPCOT ball is in the distance. We watched the water parade as well as the EpCoT fireworks from our balcony!

We went over to the magic kingdom after we got here and rode the haunted mansion and It's a small world. Then headed back to swim. It was so hot yesterday!

Oh, and I don't care for the baggelini. I took everything out of it last night and put it in my large backpack (Vera). I can gety camera and a bottle of water in the backpack, but not in the baggelini. So I was carrying 2 bags plus my camera, it was too much!

Oh, also, we are here to celebrate Sarah's first birthday ( a little late, but we came for Grace's first birthday, too). Anyway, Minnie and Mickey called our room to wish her happy birthday. And then they brought in a white chocolate Mickey, with Sarah's name on it, and delicious cookies! So cool! I'll have pics when we get home!!

I am so glad you are having a great time. i know you've been a little nervous about CL. I knew it would be GRAND:banana: Can't wait to hear more!popcorn::

You are so lucky to already be there, but my time is getting closer if all goes well. They are so super at the Grand and so great with the little ones. Found out yesterday my daughter may be going with me on my next visit so will have company instead of being solo. She loves the Grand as much as I do, with a little luck grandson will come too. He calls it "his" hotel. Am booked for TPV RPC - my treat to myself - takes a while to do it but it is worth every penny. :yay:

I hope you have a great day today!! Can't wait to see your pictures.

Have a great vacation k&a&c'smom!!!

Thanks K&A&C's mom for the new beautiful thread!:goodvibes I appreciate the time you (and all the others here!) put into it. The GF is such a gorgeous resort and our stay in early Feb. was amazing. I really wish I were there right this minute! (I remember seeing it as a young girl and hoping to stay there someday.:laughing: Now that I have (twice) it's everything I thought it would be.:thumbsup2) My only sadness right now is that the in-laws want to stay at the Poly for our next trip. Oh well, this trip will be more about them and my kids than the fact that DH and I want to stay at the GF.:goodvibes I'll work through it!:laughing:

Is it just me or do the windows/balcony doors in the RPC rooms have more windows to them than the other buildings? It looks like they have a side strip of windows.

k&a&c'smom - our family is doing okay. Not great, but okay. We are just looking forward to vacation this year, even though it will be without my Mom. She will be watching over us and there in spirit. Thanks for thinking of us.

This will be our first time with a car at Disney. How much is the valet and I am assuming it's a daily charge?

Do they have poolside waiters? Just wondering.
6 more days for us.:cool1:

Thank you Thank you Thank you for the new thread:worship:I would love to stay in the presidental suite those photos are amazing!!!

We just got back from our first stay at GF and we can't wait to go back!! We stayed 7 nights and had booked a garden view standard. We were given a room in Big Pine Key and I was really happy with the location so close to the main building. When we opened our door I almost cried - we were upgraded to a deluxe room :cheer2:. It was stunning!!

Do they have poolside waiters? Just wondering.
6 more days for us.:cool1:

when were at the pool we did see 1 or 2 waters/waitresses walking around. We spent most of our time at the pool without the slide, so I am not sure about the pool with the slide.

Have a great time!!!:goodvibes

Check in the morning, :cool1: If anyone has any info on valet parking and what they recommend please chime in.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter