• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ (March 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Permits are usually obtained 12 months in advance. They are prolly looking at doing the rehab in Jan 2010.

I just spoke with my GF contact and she said there is nothing planned right now. Even though paperwork has been filed CMs are saying that with the budget they dont think it will be done for awhile.

I just spoke with my GF contact and she said there is nothing planned right now. Even though paperwork has been filed CMs are saying that with the budget they dont think it will be done for awhile.

So the "end of July" referenced before is no longer accurate? Or would that make sense to still be in July? I appreciate all your info!

Yes I dont think July is really happening.

Thanks for checking for more information ~ appreciate it :)

I also appreciate you all allowing me to :eek: without comment. Just like a toddler, I feel better now :rotfl:

Just out of curiosity, has the RPC ever been completely closed for rehab work? Where do the guests with reservations get sent? As you all know, there really is nothing better than the GF :goodvibes

Back to the turndown service, if nobody minds...is this for all room levels or just conceirge rooms? Any other little extras (not involving conceirge level) that make the GF special? Anyone ever had a massage in the cabanas?? Just looking for a little info. Thanks all you GF pros!!

Turndown at the GF is for all rooms, not just club level!:banana: Also, there are upgraded toiletries in every room.

Back to the turndown service, if nobody minds...is this for all room levels or just conceirge rooms? Any other little extras (not involving conceirge level) that make the GF special? Anyone ever had a massage in the cabanas?? Just looking for a little info. Thanks all you GF pros!!

In addition to the things mmmears listed, all rooms have two robes for your use while there.

I also really like the hamper for damp towels. Keeps the room neater and I bet it's more pleasant for the magickeepers too.

Do the non-CL GV rooms have king beds available? I didn't see that option when booking online.

I keep reading trip reports or hearing first-hand from people who have received upgrades upon check-in. For instance, a GV ressie at the Poly received an upgrade to Club Level.....Or a GV ressie at the GF received an upgrade to SugarLoaf.

Just curious...Has anyone ever heard of an upgrade to RPC? Either from a GV or SugarLoaf reservation?

P.S. Congrats to anyone who has ever received an upgrade!:flower3:

I keep reading trip reports or hearing first-hand from people who have received upgrades upon check-in. For instance, a GV ressie at the Poly received an upgrade to Club Level.....Or a GV ressie at the GF received an upgrade to SugarLoaf.

Just curious...Has anyone ever heard of an upgrade to RPC? Either from a GV or SugarLoaf reservation?
On our last trip to GF, we booked a garden view room but really wanted RPC. We asked if there was anything in the main building that we could pay for, but only a Sugar Loaf lodge tower room (with an expanded sitting area) was available. We agreed to pay for SL, and as a really magical touch, our keys were granted access to RPC.

When we got the bill at the end of the trip, we were stunned - we hadn't even been charged for the upgrade to SL.

So it was an incredibly magical upgrade, but we didn't even know until the last day of our trip!

Do the non-CL GV rooms have king beds available? I didn't see that option when booking online.

Reportedly there are a few rooms with king beds. They are by request only which is why the option doesn't appear online.

On our last trip to GF, we booked a garden view room but really wanted RPC. We asked if there was anything in the main building that we could pay for, but only a Sugar Loaf lodge tower room (with an expanded sitting area) was available. We agreed to pay for SL, and as a really magical touch, our keys were granted access to RPC.

When we got the bill at the end of the trip, we were stunned - we hadn't even been charged for the upgrade to SL.

So it was an incredibly magical upgrade, but we didn't even know until the last day of our trip!

That truly was a magical upgrade!:wizard:

:cheer2: :yay: WE WILL BE AT GF FOR THE FIRST TIME TOMORROW MORNING AND MY EXCITEMENT IS BURSTING!!!!:yay: :cheer2:

Have an absolutely Grand vacation!:wizard:

Will you come back and let us know all about it?:surfweb:

Have an absolutely Grand vacation!:wizard:

Will you come back and let us know all about it?:surfweb:
Yes I will...I have learned so much and loved reading how much everyone enjoyed the GF... I cant wait to post pictures and give reviews and feel like I'm part of the "GF Family"

Excellent! Thanks.:worship:

And hey, I think anyone who enjoys the GF is part of the family, right?:goodvibes

Wow - A double-dose of Pixie Dust!pixiedust: pixiedust:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter