The New Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ (March 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She didn't say anything about RPC....just theme park.

It was her first post on the DIS. She may not know about the search function or how to search.

I think by 3 kids under 6 she meant that she doesn't have time to wade through hundreds of posts and was just asking for help. That's what we all do here....help each other with questions about WDW.

I know when my three were all under six I couldn't have spent hours reading a FAQ. Of course, the DIS wasn't around then.:rotfl:

I hope thechesters420 doesn't give up on the DIS.:surfweb:

Some of the frequent posters that answer questions everyday on this board ALSO have young children at home...... I have 4 kids adn the oldest is 6, so i understand fully where the poster is coming from. I planned a trip for 10 and spent many early mornings and late nights doing my research.

Please remember everyone's time is valuable when answering questions and wade through previous info for an answer ( that in itself is not easy to answer) is not always the responsibility of ours. Kelly and others have spent hours building this thread and answering questions so she has invested lots of her time. Pointing someone in the right direction is not a "rude" response. I think we all strive to give the MOST ACCURATE info as possible and if we don't know an answer the right thing to do is point someone in a direction that hopefully helps them.

Earlier today I posted a response to the person looking for info on theme park rooms. As someone who knows this thread and is not a frequent poster or on any "groups" side on the stuff that has gone on before I have a suggestion. Everyone might think about letting things role a bit. Often on emails/texts/posts when you take the human interaction out of the equation things get misunderstood and misinterpeted. If everyone remembers we are all on the same team, Team Disney, things will go smoother. There does not need to be a QUEEN of the thread. There are so many folks who have valuable info to share. Let's try to remember to let things role and that everyone makes a mistake. Happy days at the Grand to all.

According to allearsnet there is a turn down service between 6.30 pm and 9.30pm My flight gets in at 5pm so they may have done it before I get to the resort. Do you have to tip double next night to make up? Also I have heard there are movies on the beach at GF is that true?

PaulaSB12 - don't worry about it! You don't have to tip mousekeeping at all, it is at your discretion. I certainly wouldn't worry about tipping for services prior to check-in! ;)

I'm not sure they will even do turn-down if the room isn't checked into yet?:confused: I've never encountered that situation before.

Yes, they are now doing movies on the beach at the GF, along with some of the other deluxe resorts.

Kelly...I am truly grateful for all of your information! :thumbsup2 Anyone looking for Channing im sorry to report she has been gone for some time.:sad2: They both know the GF inside and out

oh! they do have movies on the beach there? that's awesome! :woohoo: does anyone have any further info on them, specifically what times, and if they are every day? although, on second thought, i guess they can't show them until it's dark, lol, which may make it a no-go for us since the kids are cranky the next day if i let them stay up late (since we get up early when we're there). :headache:

one other question........ does anyone know the info about resort pics now? we just had a photo shoot done at AKL when we were there in jan/ feb of this year. we pre-purchased the photopass cd, and they honored the $25 price for it even though the email said it was only good at GF. are they still $25 at GF as of now if you prepurchased the cd, or has that gone up? my parents will be with us for their first visit and i'd love to get a photo session if they're not too costly!

thanks!!! :goodvibes

oh! they do have movies on the beach there? that's awesome! :woohoo: does anyone have any further info on them, specifically what times, and if they are every day? although, on second thought, i guess they can't show them until it's dark, lol.which may make it a no-go for us since the kids are cranky the next day if i let them stay up late (since we get up early when we're there). :headache....

That's my kind of logic :rotfl: It will depend on what time of year you're visiting but if it's in the summer it might be too late for your kids. When we were at the Beach Club last summer I don't think the movie started until 9pm so if they are young, that might be too late.

If no one here answers you on the photopass cd, it might be worth posting it as a separate question as someone who's stayed at another resort might know.

oh! they do have movies on the beach there? that's awesome! :woohoo: does anyone have any further info on them, specifically what times, and if they are every day? although, on second thought, i guess they can't show them until it's dark, lol, which may make it a no-go for us since the kids are cranky the next day if i let them stay up late (since we get up early when we're there). :headache:

one other question........ does anyone know the info about resort pics now? we just had a photo shoot done at AKL when we were there in jan/ feb of this year. we pre-purchased the photopass cd, and they honored the $25 price for it even though the email said it was only good at GF. are they still $25 at GF as of now if you prepurchased the cd, or has that gone up? my parents will be with us for their first visit and i'd love to get a photo session if they're not too costly!

There is a great website that I like to check for any photopass updates and changes. If you scroll down a little it give details about the CD and the photo sessions: http://www.stitchkingdom.com/disneysphotopass/

From that site:
There is no longer a discount specifically for guests who pre-order Disney's PhotoPass. Guests who pre-order the PhotoCD or purchase it within the theme parks can reserve a Portraits session for $74.95 with proof of purchase (either email or receipt). Guests wishing to purchase only the Portraits session on CD can do so for $149.95. Alternatively guests who purchase the Portraits session but then wish to combine photos from the Parks may do so by bringing their CD and PhotoPass cards to any resort location for a fee of $49.95 (bringing the total to roughly $200). Call 407-824-1700 to make reservations up to 30 days in advance or for additional information.

HTH!

I debated posting this but after thinking about it over night have decided it best to try to clear this up.:sunny:

Earlier today I posted a response to the person looking for info on theme park rooms. As someone who knows this thread and is not a frequent poster or on any "groups" side on the stuff that has gone on before I have a suggestion. Everyone might think about letting things role a bit. Often on emails/texts/posts when you take the human interaction out of the equation things get misunderstood and misinterpeted. If everyone remembers we are all on the same team, Team Disney, things will go smoother. There does not need to be a QUEEN of the thread. There are so many folks who have valuable info to share. Let's try to remember to let things role and that everyone makes a mistake. Happy days at the Grand to all.

This is great advice. You're right, there are so many people with great info about the GF. I think most of us are here for the same reasons...to have fun and to help each other.
Yes it does go both ways. If that post wasnt helpful and I see how she could feel that way maybe saying. That thread is long does anyone know if its on this thread? I see no responses from her at this point but another poster who has to bring it all up and basically "yell" at me like I am a child. At this point so this doesnt disintergrate I have place several posters on ignore and that should make it much easier. Actually I think I am done with this thread. I love this DIS and will still post but not on this thread anymore its just not worth the drama.

Kelly, I was not yelling at you!:scared1: Heavens, we've both been on the GF FAQ for years. I thought you may have missed the fact that the poster was brand new to the DIS. I know that is the type of thing I often miss. I don't pay much attention to signatures, avatars and post counts.

I also thought you had misunderstood her question...which apparently you did. You sounded exasperated and I was trying to help you understand. Try reading my post again without reading anything negative into it.

Some of the frequent posters that answer questions everyday on this board ALSO have young children at home...... I have 4 kids adn the oldest is 6, so i understand fully where the poster is coming from. I planned a trip for 10 and spent many early mornings and late nights doing my research.

Please remember everyone's time is valuable when answering questions and wade through previous info for an answer ( that in itself is not easy to answer) is not always the responsibility of ours. Kelly and others have spent hours building this thread and answering questions so she has invested lots of her time. Pointing someone in the right direction is not a "rude" response. I think we all strive to give the MOST ACCURATE info as possible and if we don't know an answer the right thing to do is point someone in a direction that hopefully helps them.

I'm having trouble understanding parts of your post but since you quoted me, I'll try to respond???? I didn't call anyone rude. I never have and never will.

There are a number of us who have been posting on the GF FAQs for many years. minniesota, k&a&c'smom, johnsonet, Kelly and I along with so many others. It is fun to share and learn from each other. I had hoped with a new thread we could all have fun again.

No one needs to answer any given post. That's the beauty of the DIS. Answer when you have time, lurk if that's more fun...it's all good as long as we help each other and have fun. A high post count like mine or Kelly's doesn't mean we know any more than someone like 2tinks&2pirates who obviously knew more about this particular question than any of us.:goodvibes

Just quickly - the topic of this thread is Frequently Asked Questions about the Grand Floridian....

If you feel a post is rude or crosses the line, don't take the matter into your own hands, simply report the post and let the moderators and admin team do their job.

When it comes to Disney there are a million (or way more) tiny pieces of information that can help create a more magical vacation for any one person or group and finding all those little information bits can be more than a little bit daunting.

ANYTHING we can all do to help point each other in the right direction with a smile on our face and a positive attitude is always welcome and a step forward.

So let's stop the bickering and carry on from here with that in mind.

Thanks,

Knox

Amen.

Yes it does go both ways. If that post wasnt helpful and I see how she could feel that way maybe saying. That thread is long does anyone know if its on this thread? I see no responses from her at this point but another poster who has to bring it all up and basically "yell" at me like I am a child. At this point so this doesnt disintergrate I have place several posters on ignore and that should make it much easier. Actually I think I am done with this thread. I love this DIS and will still post but not on this thread anymore its just not worth the drama.

Sorry you feel that way, and that you will be leaving us. But I am sure other posters will be able to fill in where you left off. I hope you change your mind and choose to participate in the future:love:.

bethclayton - I think the movies on the beach are every day, but I'm not certain, since we haven't stayed at the GF since this feature started. I do remember a post that the movie started around 7 p.m. - but you are probably right in that they wait 'til dark, in which case the time would change periodically. I'm sure they will give you a times chart at check in!

BCV23 - Oh, you've brought back memories! I miss some of the old gang, like CaliforniaDreaming, minniesota, TammiMcMann, Janet2k! Times change, and people move on, I guess, I know there have been years that I've had to take a break from the boards. Thankfully, there are always new posters to come along and share their experiences with others.:grouphug: ETA - oh, and misti! She always had such great photos!

Sorry you feel that way, and that you will be leaving us. But I am sure other posters will be able to fill in where you left off. I hope you change your mind and choose to participate in the future:love:.

Good luck with the info other poster have..... :thumbsup2

I was able to search and was happy to see that the GF does have in-room coffee makers. I know it's subjective, but is it any good? Usually I stay away from hotel coffee makers, but our plan is to do snacks in the morning and early lunch every day. I can't wait until lunch for my coffee!!!

I'm also figuring I can maybe buy little milks at Gaspies to have with the coffee, the fake creamer stuff is not my thing. :confused3

Thanks!

psac - can't help with the coffee! My DD and her friends bring little bags of Starbucks coffee to use in the room. ;)

bethclayton - I think the movies on the beach are every day, but I'm not certain, since we haven't stayed at the GF since this feature started. I do remember a post that the movie started around 7 p.m. - but you are probably right in that they wait 'til dark, in which case the time would change periodically. I'm sure they will give you a times chart at check in!

BCV23 - Oh, you've brought back memories! I miss some of the old gang, like CaliforniaDreaming, minniesota, TammiMcMann, Janet2k! Times change, and people move on, I guess, I know there have been years that I've had to take a break from the boards. Thankfully, there are always new posters to come along and share their experiences with others.:grouphug: ETA - oh, and misti! She always had such great photos!

Great memories! I miss them all too. Remember Princess Angel? They all had so much to add. I've seen Misti and Cali post on occasion. I guess life interferes with the DIS at times.:goodvibes

Y&BC/BCV has had movies for over a year now and that's what happens there...the time adjusts to sunset.

psac, the Kona Cafe bar serves good coffee according to many reports. It's a pleasant walk in the am. I've never tried the coffee in the room either. I do use the coffeemaker to make tea though.:goodvibes

thanks for the help, tinktatoo and mandy! :goodvibes

tinktatoo, to be honest, my kids are not *that* young, they are 7 & 9, but man, they need a lot of sleep! they still usually sleep about 11 hours a night! :confused3 it can be a pain on vacation but i'm pretty sure it's something i should be grateful for the rest of the year, lol. :rolleyes1

mandy, i totally should have thought of stitchkingdom, thank you. i used that website a lot before our last trip, but somehow i forgot it existed :scared: which is pretty dumb because my last trip was in feb, lol! :rotfl2:

We were at the GF the end of Feb. and they did the movies on the beach. First they roasted marshmallows at 6pm (the smell was awesome) and then at 7pm they started the movie. That was before daylight savings time though. I would imagine it would be later now that daylight is longer. They project the movie onto a large inflatable screen facing the resort. Movies were offered every night we were there (8 nights). :goodvibes

thanks for the help, tinktatoo and mandy! :goodvibes

tinktatoo, to be honest, my kids are not *that* young, they are 7 & 9, but man, they need a lot of sleep! they still usually sleep about 11 hours a night! :confused3 it can be a pain on vacation but i'm pretty sure it's something i should be grateful for the rest of the year, lol. :rolleyes1

mandy, i totally should have thought of stitchkingdom, thank you. i used that website a lot before our last trip, but somehow i forgot it existed :scared: which is pretty dumb because my last trip was in feb, lol! :rotfl2:

Happy to Help! :goodvibes

I have to say I was shocked that the prices have jumped so much..... When we did our Photo pass session a the Grand last March it cost $129 fro the session and the CD with all our pics on it AND they added all our pics on the cards from the park photographers at the end of the week AND any pictures we purchased at the character meals..... now it is 99 for the CD adn 74 fro the session :scared1:

Thats Disney for ya! ;)

Kelly and Channing will be greatly missed. They spent many many hours researching information for the FAQ's. When they didn't know the answer, they would take the time to call the GF and speak to a CM to get the correct information. It doesn't get any better than that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter