The New Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa FAQ (March 09)

Status
Not open for further replies.
.....There does not need to be a QUEEN of the thread. There are so many folks who have valuable info to share. Let's try to remember to let things role and that everyone makes a mistake. Happy days at the Grand to all.

Well said :thumbsup2

Good luck with the info other poster have..... :thumbsup2

There's been some great info on this new thread already and I'm sure that will carry on regardless of who posts or who doesn't.

psac.....My DD and her friends bring little bags of Starbucks coffee to use in the room. ;)

That sounds like a great plan and something I'll be sure to do whenever we stay on site as the Nescafe stuff is awful :surfweb:

thanks for the help, tinktatoo and mandy! :goodvibes

tinktatoo, to be honest, my kids are not *that* young, they are 7 & 9, but man, they need a lot of sleep! they still usually sleep about 11 hours a night! :confused3 it can be a pain on vacation but i'm pretty sure it's something i should be grateful for the rest of the year, lol. :rolleyes1....

My two would have been the same at that age, especially after spending a full day in the parks. You could check out the movie schedule and if there was one they really wanted to watch it might be worth planning a later start the next day as it is great fun.

Question about the Alice in Wonderland tea party for kids. My dd 6 was going to do the pirate adventure with her friend, but their trip dates have changed so now since she will be alone she wants to do the tea party. I thought that it was for kids only: parents drop off and pick up. After reading through the thread I was getting mixed info that some people were planning on doing it "with" their children. Can someone confirm if it is in fact a drop off activity? This is what I have prepped my dd for so I want to make sure she knows what she is getting herself into LOL
Thanks!!

I debated posting this but after thinking about it over night have decided it best to try to clear this up.:sunny:

No one needs to answer any given post. That's the beauty of the DIS. Answer when you have time, lurk if that's more fun...it's all good as long as we help each other and have fun. A high post count like mine or Kelly's doesn't mean we know any more than someone like 2tinks&2pirates who obviously knew more about this particular question than any of us.:goodvibes

This is exactly part of the problem people have with you and a few others. You really need to take your own advice! Please don't try to answer every question on this thread! If you haven't stayed at the GF recently,you may not be aware of certain changes.
If you've dined at Narcoosees and have up to date menu info, etc. then by all means share. But please stop trying to guess and hope one of us who stays there 3 or 4 or 5 times a year, will come in and correct you. Posters want up to date, current info. Since you just stayed at AKV/BCV , I'm sure you have great ,current info on those resorts to share with others.

I simply do not understand the idea that only a handful of people can answer questions on this thread! It has never been that way in the past, and this is the only thread where that idea is suggested.

Even posters who are new to the DIS, or who have never stayed at the Grand, have something to share. The DIS is open to all, not just a few who have decided they are the only people to "know" about a given resort.:confused3

woodkins - is it possible some posters are getting the Wonderland Tea Party and the Perfectly Princess Tea Party mixed up? The Wonderland party is for kids only, parents do not participate; the Perfectly Princess Tea Party, a parent is required to attend.

I think that the 2 tea parties were getting confused, which is why I was getting confused LOL. I just wanted to make sure that the Wonderland Tea Party was the drop off party. My dd said that the Perfectly Princess tea party was a bit babyish (boo hoo for me) and that she already had an american girl doll so she didn't need that doll (thank goodness she is wanting to save me $$ LOL).
I have been prepping her that she will be doing it alone so I wanted to ensure that I was telling her the right info.
Thanks for the reply :-)

Good Morning All!

psac I cannot start my day without coffee either!! Have you thought about ordering a pot from PD( we have often done this...)...they will deliver at whatever time you want and they come in and set it up nicely too...

Beth I think Mandy really had the most up to date photo pass info...but there is a thread dedicated just to photo pass info...

I really have to add my 2 cents about a few things here.... Channing (lives4disney) is greatly missed by most here...she has a wealth of knowledge of all things GF and disney in general...and had a great way of sharing info...

You dont need to be part of any group to acknowledge that Kelly(Alicnwndrln) not only has taken (and hopefully will continue )to take the time to put together a comprehensive GF FAQ thread for us all to enjoy!!:) (thanks again Kelly) as a pp said if she dosent know the answer she takes the time to go to the source and get those answers...we all benefit from her willingness to to this...all the info is in one easy place for access...I have been lucky enough to have gone disney and stayed at the Gf more times than I can count..and I still learned much here...old info and new...

There are many posters who share lots of good info (thanks to ALL who do...:goodvibes)...but to say others will be able to fill in is absolutely WRONG...there will truly be a void....

woodkins The wonderland tea party is the drop off one for the children...then there is also the afternoon tea which is for young and old..well everyone...oh no hope I didnt add more to the confusion...:rotfl:

I think that the 2 tea parties were getting confused, which is why I was getting confused LOL. I just wanted to make sure that the Wonderland Tea Party was the drop off party. My dd said that the Perfectly Princess tea party was a bit babyish (boo hoo for me) and that she already had an american girl doll so she didn't need that doll (thank goodness she is wanting to save me $$ LOL).
I have been prepping her that she will be doing it alone so I wanted to ensure that I was telling her the right info.
Thanks for the reply :-)
There are actually 3 teas at the Grand Floridian.

1. Perfectly Princess- held select mornings at the Gardenview Tea Room, you can do this with your child, this is the most expensive of the teas, Aurora stops by, and your receive a doll. (there is much more to this party, I just gave the highlights).

2. Wonderland Tea Party- held at 1900 Park Faire, this is drop off and pick up, Mad Hatter and Alice stop by

3. Afternoon Tea- held in the afternoons in the Gardenview Tea Room, anyone can attend, this traditional English tea. My DD(11) will be doing this on our next trip. It's just a regular tea, no characters.

HTH

ENOUGH.

The bickering stops here.

I'm locking this thread for a day or two while I sort this out.

It seems like perhaps a 'break' is in order on this thread and so a forced break it is.

In a few days, we'll start a new Grand Floridian thread organizing the best info from this one into a new thread.
Bickering, in-fighting and the like will not be welcome on the next GF FAQ thread so - leave it behind starting now please.

I've handed out a bunch of warnings and infractions and there's still more coming. I wish it wasn't this way -- but if you don't have anything to add to the conversation or if you don't have anything nice to say - maybe move on to read something else or back away from the keyboard and take a break.

It's a Disney vacation, it's supposed to be fun and magical.

Right now, this thread is neither.

Thanks,

Knox

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter