The NEW Disney's Contemporary Resort FAQ with PICTURES! (Feb 2008)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wow, What great info! I just caught the tail end of the old board and am glad to be part of the new one! We are staying at the contemporary (for the first time), in a Garden Wing Deluxe room in August. We are very excited and love reading what others have to say about it! Thanks!:)

We have booked a tower room for September and I have a quick question: is that in-room concierge computer able to access non-Disney internet sites, or must one lug one's laptop from home? If the latter, is there wireless connectivity in the room or do we need a cord? Thanks for any info!

We have booked a tower room for September and I have a quick question: is that in-room concierge computer able to access non-Disney internet sites, or must one lug one's laptop from home? If the latter, is there wireless connectivity in the room or do we need a cord? Thanks for any info!
Yes, it will access more sites, but it is filtered so not ALL sites will work. Wireless is $9.95 per day. When we went, we took DH's laptop and used an Ethernet cable to plug into the outlet in the wall. High Speed connection for FREE with no filtering! There is also a USB port on the side of the computer in the room to plug in cameras, etc.

TEMPO GRAB AND GO

The TGG has a limited menu for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The TGG does have refillable mugs, soda dispenser, and coffee.

All pictures courtesy of nbodyhome (Denise) from Mousesteps. :goodvibes

IMG_9412.jpg

IMG_9407.jpg

IMG_9409.jpg

fountain-2.jpg

Great job on the new thread! :thumbsup2

Some day I'll stay in the Contemporary tower to fulfull a childhood dream! :cloud9: On my first visits to WDW back in the 1970's, I used to think how lucky the people were who got to stay INSIDE the Contemporary! :sunny:

(from skifast22) Someone asked for pics of the usb drives on the in room computers. Here's two pics, the white cable is our I-pod, the black cable is the keyboard. We only used the usb port to charge our I-pod. I'm not sure if you'd be able to upload pics to the internet or not using it.

1ny109.jpg

t8ovbm.jpg

Wow, What great info! I just caught the tail end of the old board and am glad to be part of the new one! We are staying at the contemporary (for the first time), in a Garden Wing Deluxe room in August. We are very excited and love reading what others have to say about it! Thanks!:)
The last time I stayed at the Contemporary two sites that I can say were filtered is YouTube and Wikipedia.

Thank you for a great thread refurbishment! I think the new decor at CR looks fabulous! I was initially disappointed when my discount code only allowed the South Garden Wing, but after seeing those pictures I'm excited again. :cool1: Would it be smart to request a room as close as possible to the tower so we can feel like we're part of the action and if so, would the first floor be more convenient for walking with my two toddlers?

I'm thinking about staying at the CR for our next trip so this thread is really helpful! It looks great :goodvibes

Thank you for a great thread refurbishment! I think the new decor at CR looks fabulous! I was initially disappointed when my discount code only allowed the South Garden Wing, but after seeing those pictures I'm excited again. :cool1: Would it be smart to request a room as close as possible to the tower so we can feel like we're part of the action and if so, would the first floor be more convenient for walking with my two toddlers?
It can't hurt! I've read the patios are great for small children, but they also can have a lot of visitors, like ducks and birds, who can be messy at times.

We booked the "Standard View" and requested first floor. If you look at the map, most of the standard view rooms overlook the parking lot, and are all pretty close to the tower which is what we want. They are also the cheapest CR rooms. Since we really don't care about a view and needed something close to the tower, I figured Standard was a good bet. We are going in April so I'll let you know where we wind up!

I LOVE the new thread - thanks for all your hard work putting this together!:love:

If being close to the Tower is important to you, then you might as well request a specific location. I also booked a "standard room" and, not that I am complaining, ended up with a beautiful corner room overlooking the bay.

This thread is getting even more excited that I thought I could be about my upcoming Nov 30 - Dec 5 trip!! This will be my first time at the Contemporary and we were able to book a MK View!! So everyone post your pics so I can dream of my vacation. :love:

It's possible we're staying at the Contemporary for Christmas '09/New Years '10. I've nicknamed it 2010: A Contemporary Odyssey. ;) I'm a Polynesian girl but the geek in me won't shut up until I stay at the CR at least once.

Thanks to you both Triplefigs and CR Resort Fan 4 Life. Triplefigs turned me on to this new thread in another posting. It's great and I appreciate the hard work you both put into it. I tend to shy away from these specific resort threads because it's too hard to wade through all the info to find what you're looking for. So as another poster said, it's so much nicer than the other 2600 page Contemporary thread. I'm really excited. We're staying Contemporary Atrium Club in early November and it was wonderful to get a sneak peek of the 12th floor. Thanks again.

OK now this is making me want to leave NOW!!! Lets see 133 more days till we are there watching the fireworks from our balcony :dance3: :yay: :dance3:

I'm so excited. We have 2 trips to Disney booked. One in April and another in Nov.

I haven't been to Disney since 1985, and DH was there in the 70's and barely remembers it.

Our Nov 9-13th trip will be at the Contemporary!!!!!! We have a theme park view. I am beyond excited over this trip!!

Our girls will be 5 & 3, we have a lightweight stroller.

What do I need to know??? There are SO MANY details that goes into planning these trips that I feel like I might lose my mind.

I hear people mentioning being close to the Tower. What's in the Tower? Why is important to be close to it?
Should I request a particular room?? We will have 3 adults and 2 rambunctious kids.
I really want this to be a magical trip for the little ones, being able to see the fireworks.
Is there anything else I should know before I go?

HELP!!! Give me the good, the bad, the don't forget, be sure to see.... list.

thanks
Rhonda
Charlotte, NC

when they say magic kingdom view how high are you in the tower?

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter