• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
That was the fax # I used. I am assuming it was correct as we were grated all requests from my fax. :thumbsup2

Did you also note your requests on file, over the phone as well as check in? Would hate to fax and bother or annoy them with the same request.
Thank you

I have a question about changing my room request. I fly out in 7 days, and want to change the room request information that I previously placed on my reservation. At this point, do I call Reservations or the number for the Caribbean Beach resort? The reason I ask is that I recall reading that at 10 days out, the reservation information is relayed/downloaded to the resort.

dreamit said:
I have a question about changing my room request. I fly out in 7 days, and want to change the room request information that I previously placed on my reservation. At this point, do I call Reservations or the number for the Caribbean Beach resort? The reason I ask is that I recall reading that at 10 days out, the reservation information is relayed/downloaded to the resort.

The CBR number is still just a call center that answers as the resort, but you're not actually speaking to anyone physically at CBR. There is no public number to speak to the desk at CBR. At this point I'd either fax it, since that does go to the resort, or just wait until you are there and at check-in ask if they have any rooms available for your new requests.

What is the time frame you should fax your request? I did not know if it is 10 days, 7 days or ???:confused3

Thank you!
7 to 10 is too far out. Make it 4 or 5 days before check in.

Years ago on allears Jack Marshall wrote a great piece on faxing requests which included a fax template. He wrote to fax your requests 4 days before check-in. So if you arrive on Thursday send your fax on Sunday. I have used the 4-day method and Jack's template many times with success.

Unfortunately that article has been taken down at allears now that most resorts no longer accept faxes. I printed it out for myself way back in January 2004.

We are checking in on Saturday, but will not arrive until rather late (9:30-10:00pm).

I am so nervous they are going to try and "upgrade" us to a Pirate room way over in Trinidad.

I do not want to be upgraded. Can you decline the upgrade? I did request Jamaica or Aruba on our online check in preferences. I just hope our late arrival doesn't bump us to the bottom of the "preferences" list.

I suppose it is also too late to fax anything?

I am just doing some last minute panicking here!!! :scared1:

Question about faxing in room requests. Do I need to add a cover letter? I'm unsure of what all I need to include (reservation number, names?). 7 days to go!!!

The CBR number is still just a call center that answers as the resort, but you're not actually speaking to anyone physically at CBR. There is no public number to speak to the desk at CBR. At this point I'd either fax it, since that does go to the resort, or just wait until you are there and at check-in ask if they have any rooms available for your new requests.

Thank you for the response. With regards to faxing, do you know if it's then been confirmed that CBR is actually taking faxed requests? I recall reading that they didn't; however, recently there have been a lot of posts to the contrary.

Not sure if I should fax in a request. I noted our request on file over the phone as well as check in online. Would hate to fax and bother or annoy them with the same request. Thank you for your help.

I check in tomorrow morning!!!!! I'm so excited to go! I'm also endlessly thankful for the people in this thread!

When I realized a royal room and free dining weren't happening I was so bummed! After reading and reading here I added another night to have more resort time!

Thanks so much! Here's to a Jamaica corner room!

We're a family of 5, and I just heard that CBR now has rooms that sleep 5! I tried booking for the end of May, but nothing came up. Does that mean the rooms that sleep 5 are all booked for then already, or are they not booking those rooms online yet?

We're a family of 5, and I just heard that CBR now has rooms that sleep 5! I tried booking for the end of May, but nothing came up. Does that mean the rooms that sleep 5 are all booked for then already, or are they not booking those rooms online yet?

From what others have been told, the rooms that sleep 5 will not be available to book until the refurb is complete. The work permits expire in May, 2015. It would seem to me that they'd want to start booking them prior to that since a lot of families of 5 will want to book their Spring and Summer trips soon (if not already).

For movie night at the resort, I thought I read you can do s'mores too, did they change that?

JamieLM said:
For movie night at the resort, I thought I read you can do s'mores too, did they change that?

Yes you can. Check out the Activities and Recreation post on the first page for details.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter