The New Caribbean Beach FAQ Part VII

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can I phone or fax in a room request if I booked through a travel agent or does the agent have to make the request?

You can send a fax yourself. Via phone, your agent may have to call. Sometimes the CMs won't deal with you because officially your agent owns the reservation until it gets transferred to the resort 4-5 days out. But sometimes they will.

You can send a fax yourself. Via phone, your agent may have to call. Sometimes the CMs won't deal with you because officially your agent owns the reservation until it gets transferred to the resort 4-5 days out. But sometimes they will.

Yes I've heard that sometimes they take it and sometimes they don't. I guess I'll just try and also send a fax. If they won't maybe I'll just call back 5 days before I leave. Thanks :thumbsup2

We're flying out of Midway a bit later Saturday morning!! I'm so excited, I can barely keep focused on finishing up any work :yay:

We are too. Do you also get in at 5:20 on SW? My SIL will be meeting us there as well. 9 of is all together.

Here's the thing....my youngest (6 yr) doesn't know yet. Possibly trying not to tell her until we get to Magical Express.

We are too. Do you also get in at 5:20 on SW? My SIL will be meeting us there as well. 9 of is all together.

Here's the thing....my youngest (6 yr) doesn't know yet. Possibly trying not to tell her until we get to Magical Express.

We're also flying in Southwest, but on Friday. We won't get in until 10:45 PM so we're staying at the airport Hyatt and catching the Magical Express first thing Saturday morning. I've never used the magical express before so I hope it all goes well!

Maybe we'll bump into each other throughout the week.
:yay:

I need some advice in making room requests. We will be at CBR in about 2 weeks, and this resort is new to us. While the decor doesn't really appeal to me, I like that the refurb rooms have queens beds. Should I call and request this(when I have done this in the past we got to our resort and were told no requests had been noted on our account). Is it better to send a fax? Of the sections that are completed with the refurb, which is a good one to request for people that like to be near the main pool? Is it better to request just two things, such as refurb room and 2nd floor, or should I include a village preference? Sorry, for all the questions. The closer the trip gets, the more planning crazy I am becoming. ;)

I need some advice in making room requests. We will be at CBR in about 2 weeks, and this resort is new to us. While the decor doesn't really appeal to me, I like that the refurb rooms have queens beds. Should I call and request this(when I have done this in the past we got to our resort and were told no requests had been noted on our account). Is it better to send a fax? Of the sections that are completed with the refurb, which is a good one to request for people that like to be near the main pool? Is it better to request just two things, such as refurb room and 2nd floor, or should I include a village preference? Sorry, for all the questions. The closer the trip gets, the more planning crazy I am becoming. ;)

I would suggest that you contact Disney Travel now and ask that they notate your requests on your reservation. We have stayed at the CBR probably a dozen times now and our requests have always been noted and granted. If the refurbed room is the most important thing to you, I'd make that the first request and the other two in the order of importance.

Right now, the villages of Jamaica and Aruba are complete (I believe the latest report was that they were finishing up Aruba and moving on to Barbados.). We have stayed in them both and prefer Jamaica although there's really no reason for it. The walks from our rooms in Jamaica and Aruba to Old Port Royale were about 5 minutes. Just a walk across the bridge and through the island and there you are.

We just got back from staying at CBR this past Sunday. It was the most amazing week and I am so so sad to be back home in cold Chicago.

We requested a renovated room in Jamaica and that's exactly where they put us! We were in Jamaica 46 room 4628 which was a king bedroom.

The walk from Jamaica to Old Port Royal was the most beautiful walk that I wish I could continue to take every single morning. :)

Anyone leaving soon...remember to take it all in!! It goes by too fast!

I will be updating my Trip Report soon and have tons of pictures of the room and resort in it because we couldn't stop taking pictures it was so beautiful! :goodvibes

Flying out Friday morning!!

Water delivered to resort ✅
Window decorations (just some gel clings)✅
Matching tshirts washed and ready (yes, I am that annoying)✅
Faxed in room requests ✅
Finally got every fastpass and dinner reservation request we want, even BOG ✅

But I'm not packed and I have to work EVERY DAY !!!

See you at CBR soon (if I manage to get packed in time) :hourglass

Great planner - terrible at packing. Lol.

Flying out Friday morning!! Water delivered to resort ✅ Window decorations (just some gel clings)✅ Matching tshirts washed and ready (yes, I am that annoying)✅ Faxed in room requests ✅ Finally got every fastpass and dinner reservation request we want, even BOG ✅ But I'm not packed and I have to work EVERY DAY !!! See you at CBR soon (if I manage to get packed in time) :hourglass Great planner - terrible at packing. Lol.

I've got 6 of us ready to wear coordinating shirts!! Where else can you do that but Disney!!

We will be decorating our room - we're going to put up birthday banners and stuff for Emma's birthday. She wants to get a Mickey balloon to put in the room: says she's seen a light-up one! Absolutely definitely not, I said! Far too expensive!

Incidentally, we have a black balloon weight in the shape of a Mickey head which we acquired a few years ago. Emma said she'll disown me if I paint it lime green (with nail varnish) and put it on our door ...

i thought i read something about this on this thread, but can't find it.

we will be traveling with ds(5) and dd(20mo). ds will sleep with either me or dh just fine, but dd loves her space and her crib. i'm afraid she'll think bed time is party time with all of us in the room. has anyone successfully put the pack n play in the bathroom area? will it fit? any other suggestions?

can i get a crib or only a pack n play
Thanks!!

We are arriving Nov 11... staying until the 16th! This is after hubby and I have 5 nights alone at the Beach Club!

has anyone successfully put the pack n play in the bathroom area? will it fit? any other suggestions?

It will fit in the sink area. It can be a pain if someone has to use the restroom in the middle of the night but it works fine.

We use a sound machine (I think it's made by Dohm) in my son's room. We carry it with us where ever he goes. He associates that noise with sleep so he doesn't give us a problem when we travel. I wish I had figured that out with my two older daughters, but it took kid #3 for that idea to kick in!:rotfl:

Nope, we arrive at 3:25pm. How exciting! I kept it from my daughter our first trip until a few weeks out. I don't even think I could keep the whole trip a secret that long :worship:

Just wanted to shout out a big thank you to everyone for all of the information on this thread. We just got back from a wonderful 8 night stay at CBR. I faxed in a request about a week before check-in, requesting Jamaica 45, outside corner room, and 2nd floor if possible. When we stepped off the ME bus, there was a CM standing there holding an Ipad with our family name on it. He checked us in right there on the sidewalk, and we were given everything that I had requested! :cool1: It was an amazing way to start our vacation! CBR is truly a beautiful resort, but I think the new refurbished rooms could use just a little more color (just my opinion).

If you don't mind me asking, what is the fax number that you used to send your room request to? Thank you!!:cool1:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter