the NEW amazingly epic random thread!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I want to go to Italy. It's real far away. Maybe when I turn 21 :)

andd thats not too long from now ;)

10 am

here

and daylight savings is tomorrow yay

it doesnt apply here, but that means the tv shows are earlier!!!

We went to WDW in Dec of 2007, there we stood in line to get an autograph with characters at Mickey's tent(Mickey, Minnie, Pluto and Goofy) we was the next to get our picture and there was this little girl with a walker, just so happy to see them. My son, who at the time was 10:flower3: , told her " it is more important if you get the picture then I do", so he let the little girl go, the characters gathered up in one photo so the Mom could get a great picture. The Mom thanked my son, he said no problem and gave her a big smile. The CM came over and told my son that since he was more interested in passing along the magic of Disney that My son got to get a picture of all the characters. I was so proud of him..

My "moment" was the Sunday after 9/11. I was ticked that the UT/UF football game had been cancelled and was just sick of the endless loops of the two planes smashing into the towers being the only things every single television station was airing, so at like 10 pm Saturday night I just snapped and told my wife we were going to EPCOT the next day (she was ecstatic, she had never been). So, early the next morning, we jumped in the car and made the drive down from Gainesville. There couldn't have been more than a couple thousand people in the park that day. It felt as if we had the whole park to ourselves. My moment came at the American Adventure. We were standing in the rotunda, listening to the Voices of Liberty perform before the show started. As they started the Star Spangled Banner, an old man sitting in a wheelchair next to me attempted to stand. He was having a difficult time getting up and his wife was doing her best to keep him seating. He kept beating her protests away and finally I had enough and just grabbed him under his arm and lifted him. We stood there, two complete strangers, listening to our National Anthem at the end of one of the worst weeks in our history and we wept like little babes. At the end of the song, he looked at me and just said, "Thank you." I nodded and he was back in his chair and off into the theater. It was a moment I'll never forget.

Whoa. They almost made me tear up. :goodvibes

One moment from last trip...

DBFs older brother was in Iraq for 18 months. He has 2 children (DD4 and DS7) and the day he came home from IRaq he surprised them and told them we were going to Disney. (the whole family was going)

Fast forward to when we get there and the First Night of our trip... we walk into Magic Kingdom and go to the American Flag.

DBFs brother tried to do this off to the side so no one would hear (everyone ran to the bathrooms by town hall and DBF and I and his brother and his daughter stood at the flagpole)

DBFs brother knelt down to his daughter and said "You see that castle over there?" And she looks and can't see it because of her height and the people around so DBFs brother picks her up and puts her on his shoulders and I saw her face see that castle for the first time and she just looks down and says "oh Daddy thank you so much for coming home"

it was the cutest thing i have ever seen i was welling up <3
1st visit, 1972. I'm turning 3. I remember very clearly walking up to the TTC and seeing the castle. I wouldn't wait to get on the monorail or ferry, I just wanted to stand at the edge of the lake and look at the castle.

I'm sure my memories aren't exactly correct, but I can remember standing there with mama and daddy on either side of me holding my hands.

Later on, when I brought my son (he was 4) our moment was at AK. We had recently had a talk about heaven. We were in Dinoland (he was absolutely crazy for dinosaurs) and looked at me and said, "We're not in Disney any more, we're in heaven!

Last year, we had a trip planned for early Feb. Our oldest son (my stepson) passed away in Dec. 07. I called and cancelled our trip because we just didn't feel like we could go at the time. A couple of months later, DH tells me we need to book another trip because he is tired of feeling depressed and "needs some happy". We plan a trip for May. Myself, DH, DD (my step), DSIL, DGD, and DS.

When I called back to make our ressies, I guess the CM who cancelled our earlier trip had put the reason in the notes. I had a very nice conversation with the CM about how hubby wanted to go, I wasn't so sure, etc.

The 1st night we're at WDW, we go to 1900 PF for dinner. When we check in, the hostess notes that it's someone's bday (mine was later in the week). DH tells her that the dinner is actually more for DGD and the trip is a present for her bday (which was a couple of months ago). During the meal, our waiter brings her a "happy birthday" tiara, a cupcake, a princess purse, and a princess wand. He tells her that her uncle had her bday gift sent to her there and that he wished her the best bday ever.

We were all crying (even tough guy 15 y/o DS). A few days later we were in AK and my son just stops, looks at me and said, "You know when I was little I thought this place was heaven. Now I'm pretty sure it is." I didn't even think he remembered that.
My dd and I have been going to WDW since she was a little girl. Her first trip at 18 months came right on the tails of my mom finding out she had cancer. My mom wanted to take dd and I before she started treatment. Well, we went and had a fabulous time. DD, my mom, and I would look over the photos very often.

My mom died a little over a year later. DD and I still look at the photos often.

On our trip last May on our last night we are at MK watching Wishes. DD is sitting in my lap. She turns around and tells me - Mommy - it feels like Grandma is right here holding us both! Naturally I was teary enough at just watching wishes but that made me cry. My mom loved WDW - she would love to know that dd feels her presence there!

:sad: :sad: :sad:

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter