• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The New 2008 Beach Club and Yacht Club FAQs thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi! I just booked for late may (21-28) at the BC. This is our first visit in may, we usually go in september. ( changed our ressies because of 4/3 special) I'm just a little nervous about how is the resort/parks are crowded in this time of year. Anybody who have been there in this period can tell me?:goodvibes

We are a family of 4 and this trip is special because we invited my mom and stepmother and I want to make the right decision...

May is a wonderful time - good weather. Parks are definitely less crowded than spring break / Easter time and less crowded than Summer too. Have a great time!

Hi everyone!

Just made our reservations today for a 7 night YC stay in May. SO EXCITED. I love the location, look of Stormalong Bay and the nearby dining options. I spent a while deliberating between the YC and BC, but ended up deciding on the YC because it is just my mom and I and we are looking for a slightly more formal, quiet resort.

We will be eating at Cape May in two weeks, so we can't wait to tour the resorts in person. Just popping in to introduce myself.:goodvibes

:thumbsup2 Welcome. Enjoy YC!!

Cape May is good also. Plenty of selection.

This thread helped influence my decision to change my reservation to the YC. I originally booked our trip from Jan 25th - Feb. 1st at the GF. However, I contacted the travel agent and changed it to the YC with concierge. Hopefully we get a couple of nice days where my dd(11) can enjoy a few days at the pool.

I know I'm a horrible df for taking her out of school for a week;)

Ahhhhh YC concierge. The YC lounge is very comfortable and the Club level CMs are so friendly and helpful.

A couple of years ago, before my older DS was in High School we also took my sons out of school for a couple of days for a Disney trip. We had a wonderful time with less crowds and as both DSs are good students, the teachers were very understanding. Have Fun!!

Thanks for the info!

Is ther anything I should consider about room requests? Do all rooms have a balcony/patio? Is any location better than others? We'll be walking to Epcot mostly, as well as touring the Boardwalk/BC/YC area.

It's an aniversary trip without the kids, so I was just going to request a quieter location. Anything more specific anyone would recommend?

Yes, all villas have either a patio or balcony. I think requesting a quiet location is a good request for you.

Hi BC/YC experts! I'm counting down to our first stay at the BCVs in March. Since it will be my in-laws first Disney trip ever, I was thinking of adding a little extra magic by having room service deliver something special to the room. I've seen pics of a chocolate monorail at the Contemporary and fancy chocolate-covered strawberries from the Wilderness Lodge. Does the BC do anything like this? Does anyone have any specific recommendations that might be enjoyed?

Thanks so, so much! :goodvibes

I know there are some special treats listed in the room service menu. I'm sorry but I don't remember specifics although I'm pretty sure chocolate covered strawberries are among the choices.

The DTD busses goes from Swan>Dolphin>YC>BC>BW. Hope this helps.:grouphug:

Thanks, Mike.

Our 2 BR lockoff had a new sleeper sofa in both the studio and living room. I think all villas have them now.

Hi! I just booked for late may (21-28) at the BC. This is our first visit in may, we usually go in september. ( changed our ressies because of 4/3 special) I'm just a little nervous about how is the resort/parks are crowded in this time of year. Anybody who have been there in this period can tell me?:goodvibes

We are a family of 4 and this trip is special because we invited my mom and stepmother and I want to make the right decision...
You'll be there over Memorial Day. It's going to be more crowded than you're used to. The weather will be marginally better -- just a touch less humid and less rainy.

If you can swing it I'd go earlier in May. Early to mid May is really very pleasant. The earlier in May you can go the better the weather will be and the less crowded it will be.

You'll be there over Memorial Day. It's going to be more crowded than you're used to. The weather will be marginally better -- just a touch less humid and less rainy.

If you can swing it I'd go earlier in May. Early to mid May is really very pleasant. The earlier in May you can go the better the weather will be and the less crowded it will be.

You are absolutely correct.....I did not notice it was Memorial Day weekend. Earlier May would be better. We went the beginning of May and loved the weather and smaller crowds.

That rots the tv's in the BCV haven't been upgraded. I hope they take care of that SOON!! We are spending a ton on the DVC and I guess wrongly assumed the villas were furnished the same as the cash side.

Thank you very much HockeymomR and jcemom! I will change my dates and try to get may 7-14 and add a 3 nights cruise after that! We tried the BC this september and I fell in love with it!! I'm sure my mom will love it too!

Earlier in may is it comparable to september, crowd level?

That rots the tv's in the BCV haven't been upgraded. I hope they take care of that SOON!! We are spending a ton on the DVC and I guess wrongly assumed the villas were furnished the same as the cash side.

This isn't fact, it's just my thoughts on it. The rehab on both the BC and in the Villas were just soft rehabs which means stuff like carpeting, bedspreads, curtains, etc., not furniture. The TV's on the BC side were not in a large cabinet type thing like the TV's in the Villas. Therefore, to replace the TV's on the BC side was easy and didn't mean any furniture needed replaced. To do wall mounted flat screens in the Villas, the furniture where the TV is would not work. Again, this is not something I know as fact ... it's just why I personally think they didn't switch out the TV's over in the Villas.

Thank you very much HockeymomR and jcemom! I will change my dates and try to get may 7-14 and add a 3 nights cruise after that! We tried the BC this september and I fell in love with it!! I'm sure my mom will love it too!

Earlier in may is it comparable to september, crowd level?
Since free dining has increased September crowds the past couple of years I do think early May is pretty similar crowd-wise to late September. It may be a little more crowded than early-mid September but the weather will be considerably more comfortable and I think that's a very good trade-off. Crowds will be very manageable, IMO. I think you're going to enjoy that week! :goodvibes

Here are some pictures of the holiday decorations at the Y&B.

DDADecember2008048.jpg

DDADecember2008049.jpg

DDADecember2008052.jpg

DDADecember2008055.jpg

DDADecember2008057.jpg

DDADecember2008059.jpg

If you use Valet parking at the BC, and you never move your car until the day you leave, do they just charge you $10.00 for the entire stay, or do they charge you for everyday? So if you stayed for 7 days, is it $10.00 or $70.00? :confused3

If you use Valet parking at the BC, and you never move your car until the day you leave, do they just charge you $10.00 for the entire stay, or do they charge you for everyday? So if you stayed for 7 days, is it $10.00 or $70.00? :confused3

You're charged for each night you use the service.

Since free dining has increased September crowds the past couple of years I do think early May is pretty similar crowd-wise to late September. It may be a little more crowded than early-mid September but the weather will be considerably more comfortable and I think that's a very good trade-off. Crowds will be very manageable, IMO. I think you're going to enjoy that week! :goodvibes

That is what I tought, maybe since september is a little more crowded with free dining it won't make that big difference! Thank you very much for your opinion (and a little reassurance!); I just changed my dates this morning for may 7-14!! So I'm saving money and a few months of waiting!!!:goodvibes

Staying at DVC studio over Chrsitmas. SOOOO excited. Question concering a blowup/aero bed... Is there room to put a small twin aero bed by the front doorin the hallway, right when you walk into the room? fF so, are you still able to get into the kitchen area and bathroom, or does the bed block it. Obviously, the bed will be put away during non-sleeping hours. I know it will be tight, just want to know if its doable.
THANKS!!!

Staying at DVC studio over Chrsitmas. SOOOO excited. Question concering a blowup/aero bed... Is there room to put a small twin aero bed by the front doorin the hallway, right when you walk into the room? fF so, are you still able to get into the kitchen area and bathroom, or does the bed block it. Obviously, the bed will be put away during non-sleeping hours. I know it will be tight, just want to know if its doable.
THANKS!!!

If you go to page 95 of this thread I asked the exact same question and was told that is exactly where to put it!

Sorry if this is a silly question, but I'm looking at possibly changing our 1/20-1/27 visit from the Contemporary to the Beach Club. Using the 4/3 deal, they have two room types available: Water/Pool View and Deluxe Room - Club Level. The price difference is about $500 total. Is there any difference in the rooms themselves? What about views? Are the Deluxe Room - Club Level rooms guarranteed a view of the lake and not the pool which will be under construction? I'm wondering if the concierge service is going to be worth it for us, as we won't be setting up any ADRs ahead of time (we just aren't big planners like that) but will be going with a more catch-as-catch can style of dining; eating at CS mostly, possibly one or two TS meals if we can get what we want when we want (not even sure if that's possible when we are going). Probably wouldn't spend much time in the lounge area, although the pastries in the morning would be nice.
Any thoughts about my rambling message? I guess the main question is differences in the rooms/views/amenities in the rooms themselves. Thanks!

Thanks, public parking here we come.:lmao:

LOL, that's what we always do, too! The lot really isn't that far away from the entrance.

We're going to be at the GF for Christmas, and I think we're gonna have to break down and pay for valet, since their self-parking is in BFE. :sad2: Ugh -- I'll be missing that nice, close BC lot! ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter