The MURPHYS are LIVE from the BEACH CLUB (3/24-3/31) Now at the CONTEMPORARY ;)

I enjoy following your trip reports so much. The Glow with the Show Ears look wonderful, you have a lovely family. We'll soon be down, we love Disney so much we bought a house in a resort community 3 miles away.

Thanks for sharing another trip with us Erika!:)

I've been looking at your photos and your YouTube videos. They are great!

Thanks for sharing another trip with us Erika!:) I've been looking at your photos and your YouTube videos. They are great!

Thanks :) We've had a great trip. Just having some breakfast in the lounge now before we head to the airport. Sad :(

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

Oy! Those Glow With The Show ears are so cool! But $100 for my family of 4?! Ugh...

$84 with my ap discount. Check the bottom of your receipts for a free 20% off merchandise coupon. I love those deals! The only stipulation is they have to be used in the mornings.

I forgot to mention, we used our TIW discount for all our sitdown meals this week. A great savings! :)

$84 with my ap discount. Check the bottom of your receipts for a free 20% off merchandise coupon. I love those deals! The only stipulation is they have to be used in the mornings.

I forgot to mention, we used our TIW discount for all our sitdown meals this week. A great savings! :)

Good idea.

Do they do anything outside of the parks??

Good idea. Do they do anything outside of the parks??

According to the castmember we bought them from they will blink at home and if you have more than one they make some sort of synchronized pattern. But I'm not sure yet.

BREAKING NEWS!!!!!!!!!! I haven't really been reading the wdw news this week, I've been so busy just trying to keep the trip report up to date. We were just down in the lounge having a snack and Paula (a CR CM) asked us when we would be returning to WDW... DH told her June for Star Wars weekends. She said oh did you know about the character meals???? :listen: Uhhhh, no. (((yes I admitted I didn't know something regarding WDW news)) :bitelip: So we just booked the Star Wars character breakfast at Sci-Fi and the Jedi Mickey dinner at Hollywood&Vine!!!! The kids are going to DIE!!!!!!!!!!! :faint::faint::faint: YAY!!!!!!!!!! :goodvibes I quickly just checked AP discount availability, we hadn't even booked a room yet, and luckily I found the Boardwalk. :thumbsup2 Being near the Studios is a must for Star Wars Weekends! ::yes::[/QUOTE That is awesome!!!!!!!

Have a safe trip home!

Thanks so much for sharing your family's trip and all your helpful tips. It's been a treat to follow along. Il be looking forward to your next trip (and enjoying your previous reports in the meantime

Erika thank you so very much for sharing your family & your trip with me! :thumbsup2 I've enjoyed the ride & I'm sad you have to go home too! :goodvibes

Thanks everyone :) It was fun sharing our trip with you guys. :thumbsup2 I was just reading the news about Magic Bands and FP+ now being offered to offsite guests, that is really going to change the game, especially when it comes to those long kiosk lines. We'll be back down this summer, it will be interesting to see the impact on those FP return wait times!

If anyone has any questions about BC or CR or WDW in general let me know. :goodvibes I will now begin to tackle 100 loads of laundry! :laundy: :rotfl:

Thanks everyone :) It was fun sharing our trip with you guys. :thumbsup2 I was just reading the news about Magic Bands and FP+ now being offered to offsite guests, that is really going to change the game, especially when it comes to those long kiosk lines. We'll be back down this summer, it will be interesting to see the impact on those FP return wait times!

If anyone has any questions about BC or CR or WDW in general let me know. :goodvibes I will now begin to tackle 100 loads of laundry! :laundy: :rotfl:

Thanks much for your live TR!

May you have a peaceful re-entry to the real world ;)

Hi Erika! Do you prefer the Bay Lake view or the Magic Kingdom view at the CR? They both are beautiful but so different. :)

I'm uploading some Poly DVC construction videos: http://m.youtube.com/user/ekmurphy12

Oh my gosh, this makes me so sad :sad1: We just discovered the Poly a few years ago and loved staying there. One of our favorite things was getting snacks from the lounge to take down to the beach to watch Wishes. It's heartbreaking to know we can't do that anymore :sad2:

I really don't know what they were thinking. And then I just heard they're replacing the volcano (at the main pool) with a rock feature???? Ugh. And removing the waterfall from the GCH.....not sure we'll want to stay here again.

Don't mean to be hi-jacking your thread, especially to be so negative, but Disney is really trying to lose my business this year :sad:

Hi Erika! Do you prefer the Bay Lake view or the Magic Kingdom view at the CR? They both are beautiful but so different. :)

I just posted this exact thing over on the CL thread. :) We actually preferred the bay lake view as the overall winner. We enjoyed watching the boats, seeing the pool and hearing the pool party music, being able to see Epcot and Hollywood Studios in the distance, watching the para-sailing and water mice. We could hear the train whistle over at MK too. :goodvibes We had stayed on the MK side before, and I LOVE LOVE LOVE seeing the castle, but the parking lot is really not that great, I definitely thought we spent much more time on our balcony than we normally would. :thumbsup2 When we felt like seeing the castle or watching Wishes we could easily walk down to the lounge.

Oh my gosh, this makes me so sad :sad1: We just discovered the Poly a few years ago and loved staying there. One of our favorite things was getting snacks from the lounge to take down to the beach to watch Wishes. It's heartbreaking to know we can't do that anymore :sad2:

I really don't know what they were thinking. And then I just heard they're replacing the volcano (at the main pool) with a rock feature???? Ugh. And removing the waterfall from the GCH.....not sure we'll want to stay here again.

Don't mean to be hi-jacking your thread, especially to be so negative, but Disney is really trying to lose my business this year :sad:

When I first came around the corner of Hawaii and saw it I cried. :sad1: It was more intrusive than I thought it would be just looking at the pictures. I just feel like they ruined the special MK view the beach offered. I'm sure people will stay in those bungalows and enjoy them, but it really ruins the view for that entire side of the Hawaii building, and the beach. I guess they took care of the crowd control problem on the beach for fireworks, because I can't imagine anyone will make a special trip there now. :( That one little peak you can still get of the castle, that was in my video, will be totally blocked once the next roof goes up. :(

I guess they took care of the crowd control problem on the beach for fireworks, because I can't imagine anyone will make a special trip there now. :(

That's exactly what I told my son yesterday - "guess this will really cut down on non-resort guests on the beach...."
I wonder if you can at least still see the castle from the Hawaii lounge? Even though I didn't think that was the best place to watch Wishes (always seemed to have a bit of a glare on the windows), at least it would be something. But I do think the bungalows will somewhat ruin that peaceful view too....:(

I'm so glad we had a full week there last summer - we have great memories!!

That's exactly what I told my son yesterday - "guess this will really cut down on non-resort guests on the beach...."
I wonder if you can at least still see the castle from the Hawaii lounge? Even though I didn't think that was the best place to watch Wishes (always seemed to have a bit of a glare on the windows), at least it would be something. But I do think the bungalows will somewhat ruin that peaceful view too....:(

I'm so glad we had a full week there last summer - we have great memories!!

We climbed up to the 3rd floor in that 5th video I posted and yes you can still see the castle and MK. But of course you've got the construction just below your eye level and the crane. If I were staying there right now I'd probably just hop on the monorail and go over to the GF to watch Wishes. Unless I had a 3rd floor Hawaii building room with an unblocked view. It will be interesting to see if the Poly beach just becomes completely deserted.

When I first came around the corner of Hawaii and saw it I cried. :sad1: It was more intrusive than I thought it would be just looking at the pictures. I just feel like they ruined the special MK view the beach offered. I'm sure people will stay in those bungalows and enjoy them, but it really ruins the view for that entire side of the Hawaii building, and the beach. I guess they took care of the crowd control problem on the beach for fireworks, because I can't imagine anyone will make a special trip there now. :( That one little peak you can still get of the castle, that was in my video, will be totally blocked once the next roof goes up. :(

I'll chime in and say that is so, so sad. They have destroyed the beautiful, peaceful view across the lagoon. That was the main "selling feature" for my family to pay to stay at the Poly. I just don't understand why they would build right in front of the resort and take the views away from all those rooms plus the beach. :sad2:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter