The MURPHYS are LIVE from the BEACH CLUB (3/24-3/31) Now at the CONTEMPORARY ;)

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
The Murphy's are LIVE from Disney's Beach Club Resort and Contemporary Resort too!!!!
~ March 24-31 2014 ~
Epcot's Flower & Garden Festival
and Erika's Birthday!!!!

beach-club-resort-gallery00_zps12fc14e9.jpg

IMG_1848.jpg

beach-club-resort-gallery05-sq_zps08199c13.jpg

IMG_0753.jpg

Hey DISfamily!!!! :grouphug: We are headed back home to WDW and of course I want to sneak all of you guys into my suitcase and take you along with me! ;) This has been the longest, coldest, most horrible winter we've seen in Indiana probably in 20 years or more! I can't even begin to tell you how ready we are for SPRING BREAK!!! :cool1: This trip has already been on a roller coaster the last 3 months... we started out at Kidani, then decided to change to AKL CL, then a room opened up at CR CL and I grabbed that, then just 2 days ago birthday pixie dust was sprinkled on my keyboard and a room at BC CL finally became available!!! :dance3: It pays to keep checking availability that's for sure! The Beach Club is our children's favorite resort, and they have NO IDEA I found a room!! They still think we're staying at AKL!!! It's going to blow their minds!!!! :yay:

For those of you who might be new to our family, I'll give a short introduction...

47667570000_zps39df2ee2.jpg

I'm Erika, age 40, previously a SAHM the last 15 years but now employed as a travel agent and LOVING IT! :thumbsup2 My husband Brendan, age 42, travels for work and covers a 16 state area so this week in Disney is about the only time the kids and I will see him this spring! :rotfl: We have two children: Nic, age 14 and Connor, age 12. I've been on the DISboards forever, this is probably close to our 50th trip to WDW and I usually do a live trip report every time we go so you guys can come along. I enjoy sharing pics and reports about what's going on down in WDW, and I love to answer questions, so feel free to ask anything. :goodvibes I'll post some links to previous trip reports if you want to check them out.

Our plan next week... we're at BC CL in a standard view room, we have annual passes and no dining plan. ADRs booked are: Narcoosee's, Be Our Guest, Teppen Edo, Cape May ,Ohana, and Sci-fi. Monday is my birthday princess: and I've ordered a custom cake to be delivered to the room, so we'll have a little party before heading out to MK for the night.

Thanks so much for joining us, the next 72 hours are hopefully going to fly by!

I'm in! Always love a Murphy family trip report, especially because our boys are 14 and 13 and 7 - fun to see other teens enjoying disney as much as ours do!

We're arriving the day you leave (our boys don't even know we're going!) so I'll be interested to hear all about crowd conditions, this year's F&G (how's the dole whip with rum?) and the BC surprise! We already know from our experience last month that we love magic bands and FP+, but always interested to hear the latest.

Erika I am tagging along.... Always enjoy your TRs!!:goodvibes

Congrats on scoring a room at the BC!! And surprising your DSs too!! :wizard:

Have a wonderful trip...and a HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! :cake: Are you sure that you are 40??? I am 38 and holding...have been for a while now...lol...;)

I'm in. I have never followed a live report before. Wishing you and your family lots of Pixie Dust :goodvibes

Love your trip reports! So glad you were able to get BC, I love it there too!

I know what you mean about this winter! Its now spring and it still feels like January most days. Enjoy the warmth and sunshine!

And Happy Birthday too!

I'm in! Did not realize u were from Indiana too! We woke up to more snow on the ground this morning!! Have fun!!!!

Amber

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

You must have been so excited to find a room at the BC last minute like that.

Can't wait to follow along again. Have a great birthday!!pixiedust:

I will be following along! I've read some of your other reports and have always enjoyed them. And we are staying CL at the BCR in September so I'm excited to read your report!!! Happy Birthday!

This will be our first trip since they stopped offering paper fast passes. The last two trips we used those to supplement our FP+ .... I'm wondering if we will be able to ride much. Other than our three a day. Will be interesting to see.

This will be our first trip since they stopped offering paper fast passes. The last two trips we used those to supplement our FP+ .... I'm wondering if we will be able to ride much. Other than our three a day. Will be interesting to see.

Erika, we were there last month and really loved FP+. We ran runDisney events each morning, so sometimes we arrived a little later than rope drop but were still able to get in three FP+ rides and a number of others standby. At the end of this month, since we won't be running, we're back to rope drop/EMH and know that it will be even easier to get to all our favorites. And if you're at BC, then you'll definitely want resort time in the afternoon anyway!

Subbing! Love your live reports, and we're looking for a new CL for a possible October stay. Hate to give up our beloved Poly, but without a pool and all the construction, I think it's time to try something new. Hoping the BC CL wows me :goodvibes

Hey Erika :wave2:!
Last time I saw you was at uhhhhhh, at :beach:The Beach Club:beach:.

Enjoy......

Hi Erika! We are at the BC right now and I'll say hi if I see you around. We are checking out Tuesday around 1:30pm.

As far as the fp+'s go, you can still walk on most rides the first two hours of the morning if you get there at rope drop. Smart veterans like your family probably already know exactly how to avoid the crowds. :) Just schedule your fp's for later in the day or in the evening, and you'll be fine. :goodvibes

Erika, we were there last month and really loved FP+. We ran runDisney events each morning, so sometimes we arrived a little later than rope drop but were still able to get in three FP+ rides and a number of others standby. At the end of this month, since we won't be running, we're back to rope drop/EMH and know that it will be even easier to get to all our favorites. And if you're at BC, then you'll definitely want resort time in the afternoon anyway!

I made our 3 fastpass times for around noon and 1:00. I figure it's easier to do standby in the morning. I plan to exit the park no later than 2:00 pm daily. ;)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter