The Murphys are LIVE from the BC and GF!!! July 25-August 3, 2015

Love your trip report. Live definitely is more exciting to read! How do you get your boys to keep returning to Disney?! My DS now 13 has been twice when he was younger and really enjoyed himself but when I approached him about this trip he said no way he'd rather not go on vacation this summer than go to Disney again.

Love your trip report. Live definitely is more exciting to read! How do you get your boys to keep returning to Disney?! My DS now 13 has been twice when he was younger and really enjoyed himself but when I approached him about this trip he said no way he'd rather not go on vacation this summer than go to Disney again.

We travel to other places as well. :) But Disney is the definite favorite. My boys love being able to go off on their own, they like to have independent time to explore, especially the World Showcase. My youngest is a history buff and is obsessed with social studies and geography, Epcot feeds into his obsession. ;)
WDW feels like a protective bubble, they can use the transportation and have a lot of freedom. So it's a vacation with Mom, but they are continuously ditching me. :rotfl2: I think it definitely depends on the kid though, my boys find a lot of enjoyment in and around the parks, and they enjoy a lot of down time too. We take these vacations very leisurely, we don't stress about hitting the parks and cramming in a ton of rides. We might go to a park, hit 3 rides, then leave. I'll go shopping for the afternoon while they jump on a boat and head off somewhere else. Then we'll all meet up for dinner. At night I love fireworks, my oldest hates them, so I'll watch Wishes and he'll ride Space Mountain. :D We just don't have any rules, if we want to sleep late or go swimming, we just do what we want. :goodvibes

The last time I took my kids on a beach vacation it was complete torture for me. They get bored after a couple of hours on the beach and end up sitting in the hotel playing on their iphones and complaining about not having anything fun to do. Probably some kids have no problem keeping busy in the sand and surf, but my boys aren't really interested in doing a lot of swimming, they need more stimulation and things to see and do. Honestly I'd rather stay home than take them to the beach again. :rotfl:
We've also done tons of trips to the Smokies. Rented cabins, stayed in condos, also water park hotels. They have flat out refused to go back anymore. We drive up to Chicago a lot and do the big city thing. So that's old news. The only thing they really beg to do is go to Europe. They would absolutely love to go. But that's just not in the cards right now for me financially.

That was probably a longer explanation than you were counting on! :tongue:

TigrLvsPooh thanks for the response~ it wasn't long at all! I will definitely try the independence angle when they both get a bit older. He will be 14 in the fall but my daughter ~who he would go off with~ will only be turning 12 in the fall and she's a tiny 12. I think you have to be 14 (or at least look it) to ride Disney transportation. I agree that I would feel very safe having them travel without me at Disney. In fact, I think that would be a nice start toward independence. Not many places you can say that about. We aren't beach people either and like to visit US cities especially those that have pro baseball teams to catch a game (or two or three). In fact, that's where the boys are headed while we're at Disney~ Dallas and Houston. I did try explaining that Tampa was close to Disney but he wouldn't budge:( Oh well I shouldn't be upset. In 11 days I'll be able to show my DD all the sites and she is so excited. Staying for first time at WL which I know you love from reading your reports. I wish I had it in me to do a live report but I'm just not that organized and tech savvy but I will write up something when I get home and post it. Many thanks and keep your reports coming! I think you said next trip is Christmas at BC?!

TigrLvsPooh thanks for the response~ it wasn't long at all! I will definitely try the independence angle when they both get a bit older. He will be 14 in the fall but my daughter ~who he would go off with~ will only be turning 12 in the fall and she's a tiny 12. I think you have to be 14 (or at least look it) to ride Disney transportation. I agree that I would feel very safe having them travel without me at Disney. In fact, I think that would be a nice start toward independence. Not many places you can say that about. We aren't beach people either and like to visit US cities especially those that have pro baseball teams to catch a game (or two or three). In fact, that's where the boys are headed while we're at Disney~ Dallas and Houston. I did try explaining that Tampa was close to Disney but he wouldn't budge:( Oh well I shouldn't be upset. In 11 days I'll be able to show my DD all the sites and she is so excited. Staying for first time at WL which I know you love from reading your reports. I wish I had it in me to do a live report but I'm just not that organized and tech savvy but I will write up something when I get home and post it. Many thanks and keep your reports coming! I think you said next trip is Christmas at BC?!

Right now I've booked the GF for Christmas. :) Unless I change my mind. ;)

Loved your trip report as always. Wow, Four Seasons looks incredible!

We still watch Fan's Guide thank goodness for YouTube lol.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter