The Murphys are LIVE from the BC and GF!!! July 25-August 3, 2015

TigrLvsPooh

Travel Channel's Ultimate Disney Fan
We are LIVE from Walt Disney World!!! :cheer2:

Saturday July 25 - Sunday August 2

:earsgirl:Erika, :earsboy:Nic (16), :earsboy:Connor (14)

Disney's Beach Club Resort

IMG_0701.jpg

&

Disney's Grand Floridian Resort and Spa

IMG_0205.jpg

LIVE PHOTOS:http://s59.photobucket.com/user/ekmurphy12/library/Disney July 2015

Hey everyone! :goodvibes

It's time for another fun filled Disney adventure! And you know I'm not going anywhere without my DISboard friends! :grouphug: The kids and I are so excited for this trip we can barely stand it! We are listening to Disney music 24/7 and I think that just feeds into our mania! This will be the boys' first and only vacation of the summer, they've been so busy with summer school, camp, work, and their social lives they haven't had a moment to spare. We are in desperate need of some relaxation and fun family time together that's for sure.
We'll be flying down this Saturday morning and taking Magical Express to the Beach Club. I can almost see, hear and smell the resort in my mind, it's one of my favorite places on Earth! :cloud9: The only bad thing about checking in on a Saturday is I won't get to hug Teena at the front entrance when we arrive. And I'm missing my friend @catho72 by one day!!! I think she needs to stay for another week! ;)

Our plans for the trip are pretty set in stone at this point. All our ADRs are just the way I want them, we've got all the fastpasses we wanted, and a few surprises are planned as well. :goodvibes My first born is turning 16 on the trip, HOW THE HECK DID THAT HAPPEN??? How can he be 16 when I'm only 21??? :rotfl:

We'll be at the BC in a lagoon/pool view club level room for six nights, then switching to the GF for our last two night in a outer building club level room. All 3 of us are annual passholders and we use a TIW card for dining. I also bought a memory maker for this trip since we haven't had one the last couple of times down. I told the boys they are required to stop and smile every time I see a photographer. :D

I always like to put this thread up a few days early so everyone can be mentally packed and ready to join me! I'll also be live tweeting and posting a ton on Instagram, so you can completely overload your brain on Disney next week right along with me. :hyper:

If you haven't followed along on one of my trip reports before here are a few old ones you can check out:
March/April 2015 - http://www.disboards.com/threads/th...and-kidani-march-21-28-and-april-2-5.3391200/
December 2014 - http://www.disboards.com/threads/ho...and-the-wilderness-lodge-12-19-12-26.3360169/

Inside those you can find additional links to other trip reports too. I've been doing these since 2001 and I don't think I'll ever quit because I enjoy having all you guys to talk to. Lord knows my teenagers won't even talk to me anymore. :rotfl2:

If you have any questions about WDW... the parks, the resorts, dining, etc, feel free to ask me anything. Or if you want me to investigate something I love a good mystery. I've already got a few things I want to track down next week while we're there.

:tink: Here we goooooooooooooo!!!

Last edited:
I love reading your trip reports! :goodvibesThey are always so much fun! We are going to Beach Club in late August (then heading to the French Quarter). Can't wait to see your pictures and read your reports. Thank you for taking the time to write these live reports and I'm looking forward to following. :wave:

I love reading your trip reports! :goodvibesThey are always so much fun! We are going to Beach Club in late August (then heading to the French Quarter). Can't wait to see your pictures and read your reports. Thank you for taking the time to write these live reports and I'm looking forward to following. :wave:

Thank you so much! :) I really enjoy doing them and I will definitely have lots of pictures of the BC and the new lounge and refurbed rooms. :thumbsup2 Thanks for joining me!

Following along Erika!! Can't wait to hear your thoughts on the new CL lounge and the refurbed rooms.

Wishing you an amazing trip and good luck getting the boys to "smile" at every pic opportunity. We've always pre-purchased memory maker/photopass CD but won't be doing so on our upcoming trip sadly. My youngest DD does nothing but complain every time we stop to take a pic - she says we are wasting precious vacation time :sad2:.

Oh, good, we're back on track! Your trips always immediately precede mine, and I missed your live report right before my conference at BWI last month! I'm arriving with our boys on the 10th for a quick trip before our family summer beach vacation. (AKL for now, but if I Poly pops up with an AP discount, I might bail.) So excited to read about all of your adventures again as we count down!

Stayed BC CL over Easter Weekend, and we were quite impressed by the improvements. And really loved those new rooms!

Following!! I am 50 days away from our first BC and CL stay, also Lagoon / Pool View. Can't wait to see you pictures and read your report. Have a Magical Trip!

Oh, good, we're back on track! Your trips always immediately precede mine, and I missed your live report right before my conference at BWI last month! I'm arriving with our boys on the 10th for a quick trip before our family summer beach vacation. (AKL for now, but if I Poly pops up with an AP discount, I might bail.) So excited to read about all of your adventures again as we count down!

Stayed BC CL over Easter Weekend, and we were quite impressed by the improvements. And really loved those new rooms!

With that east pool construction I'd probably stick with AKL CL over Poly CL. It's not even the construction I worry about but all the talk about taking 1st floor rooms out of inventory that worries me. If the construction is coming so close to Hawaii that they have to close rooms that's really worrisome to me. I'm not super sensitive to noise but disgruntled guests and grumpy stressed out CMs could be a negative. I just wish it would all finally be done!!! :D :D :D

Can't wait for lots of pictures!

Side note- just wanted to say hi to Pixarmom!

Hello! Hello! Hope all is well! Need to stop by the BC/YC thread!

Shhhhhh nobody knows that Disney secretly pays me to brainwash DISers into club level stays :ssst: :rotfl:

Hard to believe, but our older two are becoming just so-so on club level right now! They eat too many appetizers in the evening and then they run out of space for dinner. They think most CL appetizers are OK, but dinner can be great. Also, they like to stay in the parks and take fewer breaks - CL tends to drive us back to the resort in the late afternoon. Our youngest is still a huge fan of CL, so more compromising . . . :)

For some reason, I can't quote your post, Erika! We're pool view AKL this trip, so no CL this time. We stayed Poly CL during the January construction with everything torn up and trucks in front of our room - the boys still loved it. So now that the Lava Pool is open, our oldest is lobbying for Poly. I told him I'd keep looking for standard view Poly, but definitely not CL GV with all that is going on now!

For some reason, I can't quote your post, Erika! We're pool view AKL this trip, so no CL this time. We stayed Poly CL during the January construction with everything torn up and trucks in front of our room - the boys still loved it. So now that the Lava Pool is open, our oldest is lobbying for Poly. I told him I'd keep looking for standard view Poly, but definitely not CL GV with all that is going on now!

I really love Fiji, if I was going to book a stay that is where I'd want to be. :) Plus it's a short walk to Trader Sam's. ::yes::

Hello! Hello! Hope all is well! Need to stop by the BC/YC thread!

Hard to believe, but our older two are becoming just so-so on club level right now! They eat too many appetizers in the evening and then they run out of space for dinner. They think most CL appetizers are OK, but dinner can be great. Also, they like to stay in the parks and take fewer breaks - CL tends to drive us back to the resort in the late afternoon. Our youngest is still a huge fan of CL, so more compromising . . . :)

Last year was the first time in years we didn't stay CL. Same thing - kids were CL'd out. We are doing BC CL again this year so we'll see how it goes. Lady year we did a split YC/GF stay and had a beautiful GF lagoon view. Didn't really miss CL then

Following along! I thought about doing a YC/WL split this year but went with WL CL instead. I will definitely miss YC/BC, though...hoping your TR will fill the void :)

I really love Fiji, if I was going to book a stay that is where I'd want to be. :) Plus it's a short walk to Trader Sam's. ::yes::

That's exactly what I was thinking! If an AP rate pops up, we'd request Fiji and balcony. But I'm getting ahead of myself . . . So excited for your GF SL report. We stayed RPC in January and enjoyed it, but I'll be interested to hear what you and the boys think about the updated SL.

Erika, I am soooo looking forward to reading here! We will be at the Beach Club in just 43 days and I am excited to read your take on the new lounge.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter