The Many years disney review-a-thon - Update 8/26 Kona Cafe

jezebella said:
So, I know this one isn't on my list...and most vacationers will not go here, but due to my dining review withdraw symptoms, I will be doing a review of the Neverland Club this weekend. Yes...it's the mega birthday party weekend...one on Saturday with the blow up water slide and one on Sunday at the NC. I know it's usually just Disney pizza, but hey...it's my thread and I'm going to review it! LOL.

I would love the review of the birthday party at NC. We are looking at booking this for the 1st of December but haven't had any luck finding reviews other than what the CM's give out over the phone.

Great reviews!! Thanks for taking the time out to do it. I can't wait to read more! :yay:

jezebella said:
So, I know this one isn't on my list...and most vacationers will not go here, but due to my dining review withdraw symptoms, I will be doing a review of the Neverland Club this weekend. Yes...it's the mega birthday party weekend...one on Saturday with the blow up water slide and one on Sunday at the NC. I know it's usually just Disney pizza, but hey...it's my thread and I'm going to review it! LOL.
I took the ids to the NC so the Easter Bunny could get their baskets ready for Easter Morning. They loved it and keep asking to go back. I would love to hear about the birthday party.

Minnesota! said:
Mmmm...I CRAVE the Sopa Azteca from San Angel Inn. I have only had 1 bad meal there...and I have eaten there at least 10 times. Anyway, it was the chicken mole'. ICK!!

But, if you ever go back, the Mahi Mahi ala Vercruzana is TO DIE FOR!!!

Love this thread!

Absolutely to die for!!! I keep having dreams of that & the ceviche!!! Maybe it is better suited for seafood?

Great reviews and photos! Where's the next one? :happytv:

Okay, Jezebella, whatever happened to this thread? I feel like I'm reading the latest Harry Potter book and I've been hanging out for months waiting for the next installment. :rolleyes1

Now I know you got married (CONGRATULATIONS) but how about the dining reviews from that or anything else. I find it hard to believe that a Disney die-hard like yourself has abandoned all their dining!

Please come back to us.

latexscooter said:
Okay, Jezebella, whatever happened to this thread? I feel like I'm reading the latest Harry Potter book and I've been hanging out for months waiting for the next installment. :rolleyes1

Now I know you got married (CONGRATULATIONS) but how about the dining reviews from that or anything else. I find it hard to believe that a Disney die-hard like yourself has abandoned all their dining!

Please come back to us.
I was just wondering this week too! What happened to the reviews???

I enjoyed reading your reviews too! I would love to read more for my Disney fix!

I love this idea! I love the reviews and the pictures are GREAT! I subscribed and cant wait for your next reveiws. Me and my boyfriend are going to WDW for the first time EVER in february. Ive been studying up and made ADR's at :

Planet Hollywood
Coral Reef
Le Cellier
50's Prime Time
Sci Fi Dine In
Mama Melrose
Les Chefs de France
Boma
Tonys Town Square
O'Hanas

-although after i made the reservations for mama melrose and coral reef ive been hearing that they aren't doing so well. I would love if you could try to review both of those before February! It would be great! :) Your so lucky to live so close!!

Have you ever written an entire review only for the computer Gods to delete the entire thing? :confused3 AHHHHHHHHHHHHH.....So...we've been MIA and I decided it was time for a resurection! We weren't planning on going to MK until Monday, but Mom the CM was itching to go and dangled a CM 50% off meal pass in front of us and who can really pass that up? As for the crowds... :lmao: :rotfl2: out of control! But, apparently, the Plaza isn't too bad to get into know as it's not quite as pricey as most other TS meals and the DDP'ers want to use their credits elsewhere...good for me! We walked up at noon and made an ADR for 3:30 Dunch (that's Dinner and Lunch)

We were seated within 5 minutes of our ADR and had a great server who explained that he may or may not be with us the entire time as he was waiting for his replacement...He was great...his replacement was semi-scary and didn't read the Disney CM handbook section on "blue eyeshadow and inappropriate sarcasm"...but hey...what can you do? Onto the food:

Mr. Brit went for the burger:

plazaburger.jpg

Hamburger - served on a flour-dusted kaiser with lettuce, tomato, and onion. Choose from the following toppings: Cheddar, American cheese, Bacon, Grilled Mushrooms and Grilled Onions $10.89

Mr. Brit is a know-it-all of Burgers...he even has a scale:

McDonald Double Cheese - 3.5/10 - although he can consume 4 of them in under 10 minutes and justifies this by their dollar menu status.

Pecos Bill's Burger - 6/10 - he just likes the topping bar

Denny's Burger 10/10 - the burger to which all burgers wish to be. Comes from years of travel to Disney as a child and eating there no less than once a day.

He scores this one a 7.5/10 -- looks good to me, but so does anything with bacon.

DD6 (yes..she's 6 now..yikes) got the chicken

plazarheannon.jpg

Grilled Chicken Sticks with rice, apple wedges and BBQ sauce $5.49

Apparently Disney thinks if you put healthy stuff on a fun "stick" then kids will like it...not so for my princess. She ate 2 bites of the chicken, all of the fries, the apples, and most of my food..

I tasted the chicken and it tasted just like that...grilled chicken with NO seasoning at all...if your kids are purists and will just dip it in bbq and be fine, go for it..Rheannon's not a "dipper"..even with ketchup.

My mother and I decided to order a salad and sandwich and split it. I got the Reuben

plazaruben.jpg

Grilled Reuben - thinly sliced corned beef on grilled marble rye with sauerkraut, Swiss cheese, and Thousand Island dressing $10.79

I managed to get one bite of my half a sandwich -- which was really good. It would seem that my taste buds have grown a bit as I refused to eat sauerkraut most of my life....and I like EVERYTHING. I have flashbacks of it stewing on my parents stove served over mashed potatoes and hot dogs and force fed...:crazy2: But I've started eating it in the past couple months...As for the rest of my half sandwich..DD6 ate all the corned beef. She loves the stuff..I mean really...what 6 year old loves corned beef? I have to buy a pound a week at Publix deli for her..she must have been Irish in a past life. Rheannon - burgers=bad corned beef=good. :confused3

CM Mom got the pear salad. I hear you now.."pear salad..she's nuts, one too many vodkas, it's strawberry"..no...apparently at this time of year it's pear. They change it to what's in season so says Mr. Server...Um..who didn't notify the Disney culinary staff that it's Strawberry season now in Florida??

plazasalad.jpg

Chicken Pear Salad - fresh garden greens, grilled chicken breast, fresh Pear, gorgonzola cheese, tossed in a white zinfandel vinaigrette dressing $10.29

ooooooooooo......not as pretty without the red but, in my preference WAY BETTER! The crunchy texture and sweetness that the pear lends against the pungent gorgonzola is amazing. YUM-O! I think they should leave it this way.

So, overall - great food, good service, and one of the few places that I can always count on!

Tip: If I were on the DDP I would not use it here. Hey, I did the same thing on my wedding...added up how much a meal would cost and went to the most expensive to get bang for my buck...but definelty worth an OOP treat. Cheers everyone! Hope to write more for you soon!

Glad you are back! Even a friend of mine who is not a DISer asks about this thread every now and then! :lmao:

I'm so glad your back! Congratulations on the Wedding. Your picture is lovely. You did a Disney Wedding didn't you? I can't remember because you're local. Any details on that? How was your wedding food?

Oooooooooo..now that's a thought...We got married in Celebration and the reception was at Cafe D'Antonio's in downtown Celebration. I've got pics...maybe I'll add it just for fun.

I think up next might be 'Ohana's and I'm crossing my fingers for a bonus at the moment to blow at V&A's. My in-laws will be in town from Canterbury on Monday and are going for the 7 day cruise...I Wonder (hehe) if I could get them to take pictures for me. :beach:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter