The MAGIC is Back!!! ~ WBTA 2014 ~ Come & join the fun!

What is your favourite name for the cruise?

• The MAGIC is Back! ~ WBTA 2014

• From Sangrias to Pina Colada's ~ WBTA 2014

• Cruisin la Vida Loca ~ WBTA 2014

• WBTA 2014 ~ We're Bringin' the Adventure

• We're Back in the Atlantic 2014 (WBTA)

Results are only viewable after voting.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Impulse buy!! Just purchased a quantity of 20 of a certain item from the Disney store to use as my FE. If I get more than 20 cabins in the FE I will have to buy a different item for the extra cabins. I really love it when people give the homemade items for the FE but I am not crafty so I always purchase items.

Spoiler alert it is NOT the animator's palate butter knife, which is what I wanted to get but apparently sold out!

party::bday::jumping1::bday:party:

Happy One-Year Birthday to this Rollcall Thread!!!!

I just noticed it when clicking on the first page.... February 12 :) How many of us still here made this WBTA booking on the very first day possible for our Castaway Club status??

I know I did... Woke up, saw one of our UK friends on FB say something about it, and about fell out of bed running to the computer room to snag one of the coveted sideways 11B rooms left for us lowly Silver members!! :rotfl2:

Mandy......I was waiting by phone to make that call as soon as I could too! I actually didn't know about it til I saw someone on fb mention it. Was so nervous because I was so excited! Hard to believe it has been a whole year! :) Still on for the cruise....wouldn't miss it for anything!

Also, for your information.....taking lots of extra jewelry in case you need to borrow some! :lmao::lmao:

HAppy Valentines Day everyone :love::love::love::love::love:

only 204 days until we board the ship and only 3 more pages on here before we have to start using the new thread. You are a very talkative bunch :dance3:

Impulse buy!! Just purchased a quantity of 20 of a certain item from the Disney store to use as my FE. If I get more than 20 cabins in the FE I will have to buy a different item for the extra cabins. I really love it when people give the homemade items for the FE but I am not crafty so I always purchase items.

Spoiler alert it is NOT the animator's palate butter knife, which is what I wanted to get but apparently sold out!

When do you think the FE group will be finalized? I've been making some purchases as well and want to make sure I have enough / not too many.

party::bday::jumping1::bday:party:

Happy One-Year Birthday to this Rollcall Thread!!!!

I just noticed it when clicking on the first page.... February 12 :) How many of us still here made this WBTA booking on the very first day possible for our Castaway Club status??

I know I did... Woke up, saw one of our UK friends on FB say something about it, and about fell out of bed running to the computer room to snag one of the coveted sideways 11B rooms left for us lowly Silver members!! :rotfl2:

Today, Valentine Day, one year ago booked the WBTA. Could not expect, after a year this topic is almost 250 pages.
Did not post much on this topic, at first we wanted to focus on the double dip on The Magic ( yes, the one who's got cancelled) but in august I got diagnosed with cancer and everything got cancelled. After 5 months of chemo, the cancer is gone and we can look to the future.
Always kept on reading this topic to keep us up to date. Luckly, we haven't got the plain ticket's issue because I work at Royal Dutch Airlines.
Also, within two weeks, we go to Miami for a 5 day cruise on The Wonder.

Looking forward to meet all you people behind the names

I have literally five giant boxes of Disney Store stuff that I stockpile for FE. They think I'm crazy when I order 50 of each item. But I'm not crafty either, so this is what people get from us! (Plus stuff from Hawaii!)

We're trying to decide what area we want to stay in. I'm trying to decide between beach or Las Ramblas. This is always the decision I hate because anyone can post awesome pics. Don't want to get there and be disappointed.

We stayed at Hotel ARC La Rambla in June for 4 nights and was very happy with it. We arrived several hours prior to check in and they provided us with a locker for our bags so we didn't have to keep them with us. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was always helpful. There was three of us, so I booked a "suite" that accommodated up to four. The bathroom was very large, we had an outside balcony that was spacious as well. The free wi-fi was nice to have as well. There was a mini-fridge and safe in the room.

The only negative I can recall was the breakfast. It just wasn't the type of food my boys typically have for breakfast, so they were a bit disappointed.

The location is right on Las Ramblas, just a block from the train station and a few blocks from La Boqueria.

We are staying there again this time with no hesitation.

The hotel I was banking on was booked due to the European Cardiology Conference. That is what is happening while we are there. Options for me have been very limited. I am now deciding between four places. One will probably be out because it doesn't have a pool (one of the musts for me).

Anyone have any input on:

Majestic Residence (the hotel I wanted is a block away -- LOVE this area)

Grand Hotel Central

Grupotel Gran Via 678?

Right now I'm leaning toward Majestic Residence, but Grand Hotel Central has a better pool haha.

Today, Valentine Day, one year ago booked the WBTA. Could not expect, after a year this topic is almost 250 pages.
Did not post much on this topic, at first we wanted to focus on the double dip on The Magic ( yes, the one who's got cancelled) but in august I got diagnosed with cancer and everything got cancelled. After 5 months of chemo, the cancer is gone and we can look to the future.
Always kept on reading this topic to keep us up to date. Luckly, we haven't got the plain ticket's issue because I work at Royal Dutch Airlines.

We too were scheduled on the Magic Double Dip. :-/

Congratulations on beating the cancer, what a scary thing to deal with.

When do you think the FE group will be finalized? I've been making some purchases as well and want to make sure I have enough / not too many.

I really don't know. It is probably best to wait until after the PIF date as some people may cancel before then.

We're trying to decide what area we want to stay in. I'm trying to decide between beach or Las Ramblas. This is always the decision I hate because anyone can post awesome pics. Don't want to get there and be disappointed.

We stayed at Hotel ARC La Rambla in June for 4 nights and was very happy with it. We arrived several hours prior to check in and they provided us with a locker for our bags so we didn't have to keep them with us. The hotel was very clean and the front desk staff was always helpful. There was three of us, so I booked a "suite" that accommodated up to four. The bathroom was very large, we had an outside balcony that was spacious as well. The free wi-fi was nice to have as well. There was a mini-fridge and safe in the room.

The only negative I can recall was the breakfast. It just wasn't the type of food my boys typically have for breakfast, so they were a bit disappointed.

The location is right on Las Ramblas, just a block from the train station and a few blocks from La Boqueria.

We are staying there again this time with no hesitation.

That's where we've booked too, might see you in the lobby :thumbsup2

After 5 months of chemo, the cancer is gone and we can look to the future.

:grouphug: Congratulations for beating it, looking forward to meeting everyone too. P.s. My DS ( won't be on the cruise) is studying in Breda for 6 months and is loving it; hoping to visit him soon as only ever been to Amsterdam before :goodvibes

I am glad to hear that you beat Cancer:thumbsup2 now my brother got bowel cancer and I went to visited him at north of Scotland that he had the chemotherapy and I hope he beat it too as he had the early caught with it.

Scottishwee35

It was 1 year ago today that I booked. I began the 2011 WBTA, but sadly, 4 days into it, my mother passed away, and I flew home from Funchal.
I am traveling with some wonderful friends for this cruise, and look forward to having the "time of my life." It is a new and healthier me, ready to take on some exciting experiences.
Truly looking forward to meeting so many of you that I only "know" from reading about. Welcome to all new cruisers - prepare to be amazed!!! :thumbsup2

I have literally five giant boxes of Disney Store stuff that I stockpile for FE. They think I'm crazy when I order 50 of each item. But I'm not crafty either, so this is what people get from us! (Plus stuff from Hawaii!) The hotel I was banking on was booked due to the European Cardiology Conference. That is what is happening while we are there. Options for me have been very limited. I am now deciding between four places. One will probably be out because it doesn't have a pool (one of the musts for me). Anyone have any input on: Majestic Residence (the hotel I wanted is a block away -- LOVE this area) Grand Hotel Central Grupotel Gran Via 678? Right now I'm leaning toward Majestic Residence, but Grand Hotel Central has a better pool haha.

How many will those rooms accommodate do you know??

I need to find someplace that will accommodate 6 people. 2 adults and 4 little peeps.. Lol. Anyone have any suggestions?

Final flights home from San Juan to Dallas have been booked. :)

Kayak notified me of a fare drop on United, and I jumped on it.

All travel arrangements are now complete!:cheer2:

Quick question has anyone flown Sata before I booked from Boston to BCN great price but reading a lot of not great reviews and older planes. Jet Blue from San Juan was great price to Providence $175.00. Altogether airfare only cost $600 r/t. But I am so nervous with SATA afraid of having pallets as seats :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter