The "I Wasn't Going to Do a Trip Report" Trip Report!~May 2015-Update 5/10/16-New TR link!

on Day 2 we woke up...and went to Epcot!
Yay! I love Epcot. And, a 10 minute wait for Soarin is awesome.

I had no idea my phone could do that, and he said that was one of the big things that people were excited about when the iPhone 6 came out
What a beautiful panoramic picture. I also didn't realize the IPhone could do this.

I'm glad you were able to bounce back after a difficult night; and I can't wait to see how you spend the day in the Magic Kingdom.

Sorry about the migraine. That really stinks! Glad it went away while you were sleeping

I know you said you took all your pictures with you phone, but they are simply lovely. I love all the WL pics and I like the view from you balcony, even though you don't love it as much as last time

Yum - breakfast looks so good! I could go for that breakfast sammie right now. It looks so good.

One of my DIS friends, Caitlyn, worked in Ellen's for awhile. She really liked it, but I agree that it could use a bit of an update.

IMG_8631.jpg

Love these little sandwiches!! We had one almost every day when we were at WL in October! SO DELCIOUS!!

I absolutely love your EPCOT pics! So, you just keep on taking them. I have not been on Universe of Energy since I was super little. I barely remember it. I think we are going to try to fit it in this trip. The kids will probably think its boring, but oh well! :)

That blue sky is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to be there in 11 days and see everything!!!!!

My DH just asked me yesterday if we are eating at a buffet with mickey waffles?? lol So now I have to try to find an ADR at either Cape May, Crystal Palace, or 'Ohana for our last day! :)

As always, I can't wait to read the rest of your TR! So excited to see what you did at MK!

So I want you to know I started reading your update Monday night at work and then one of my patients started bleeding and that was the end of that..... Well, not the patient, but my DISing. This is my first return since and I can't recall everything I read except this....

Wait - I see I DID post!!!!! Oops.......

Hi :wave2:
Following along! You had me at Wilderness Lodge. My DH and I are planning a trip next year and WL is on the short list of where we want to stay, so I was happy to read that you love it!
Sorry you got a migraine on your first night, that really stinks, but glad it didn't last into the next day.
You take beautiful pictures!!! I can't believe they are taken with an iPhone! I'm a picture taking maniac on vacation, it drives my DH crazy because I take like 24 pics of the same thing just to get the perfect shot. :hyper:

Looking forward to reading more!

Kelly

Of course you went to Epcot. Where else would you go? And glad your migraine went away.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a ten minute wait for Soarin'. I personally wouldn't wait 10 minutes for Test Track, let alone 30, but I know there are those that love it.

I enjoyed the slider at the Smokehouse too (although I had some ends that were really dry).

I'm with you...the toparies in France were stunning the way they had them set up this trip.

I forget about mousekeeping and new towels since we always stay DVC now. I thought they usually got all of that done by 3 p.m.?

Beautiful pictures around the resort, Jen.

That's the WORST that you got a migraine.....thank goodness it was gone the next morning! What a terrible way to spend your first night.

YUM cheddar cheese soup!! I'm going to be in Disney during Food and Wine this year, and all I've been thinking about is getting that soup at the F&W booth..... I'm going to have to get like 5 of them, obviously. I've been to Yachtsman twice, and really enjoyed it both times. I was happy with our table both times, it was a LOT more private than at Le Cellier, so we could actually have a conversation without others joining in!!

I'm definitely not upset that you went to Epcot 2 days in a row....that sounds perfectly acceptable to me! You could spend the entire trip there and I would still be more than happy to read your TR!

So glad you woke up migraine-free! :goodvibes

Wow, your resort photos are gorgeous! Between your TR and @DisneyKid4Life's, you're both really convincing me I need to get my butt over to WL! :thumbsup2

Yes, that's what I learned when researching migraines and from personal experience - both good and bad stress can trigger migraines. But, everyone is different, so something like magnesium could be helpful, as Hadley suggests. The goal is to figure out what triggers your migraine. For myself, it's usually a combination of stress, lack of sleep, and maybe too much/little caffeine. For others, it could be certain foods, lighting, smells, etc. I'd also read somewhere that biofeedback can help reduce the occurrence of migraines or lessen the pain. Good luck figuring out your triggers! And loving your TR! :dogdance:

Thanks, it's so hard for me to figure out what makes me get a migraine. Other than heat, I have no idea. I know if I feel like I'm getting a headache and I smell something flowery or perfume-y, that could trigger a full blown migraine, but that doesn't happen every time. I don't know, my brain is weird I guess. I'm definitely going to try the magnesium. I just read the other day that eating a handful of almonds when you have a migraine will help it go away just as well as migraine medication. Who knows if that's true. I'm willing to try anything!

And thank you! :thumbsup2

Hey, I admire your dedication Jen.:flower3:

I don't know, that's still pretty glorious.

Ugh. My one big regret is not heading up there to get some photos. I have no idea where my head was at. That is so beautiful.

Yeah sorry but you're going to have to dump Brandon. You do know that right? Ya'll had a good run.

OMG this is exactly what I was thinking when you said you were doing Universe of Energy. I guess at least at Circle of Life if you're near the entrance you get to at least see people... not coming in.

Ah I love it. From Epcot to WL and not one bus needed.

Haha thanks! I love my Epcot!

It was much prettier in person! I just love the views at the WL!

We just happened to be on the 6th floor so whenever I would go to the elevator, I would just keep walking to look at the lobby for a minute. So beautiful.

Haha, yeah I guess! :rotfl2: We argue about Soarin' all the time, he just doesn't get why I like it so much. He doesn't get why people race over there in the morning.

Now, Maelstrom, on the other hand, he got. :thumbsup2

Haha, that's too funny! I don't think I'd ever want to do attractions if I was a CP'er. There are way too many weird ones you could get stuck with and be bored for months!

I know, I love Disney transportation! :jumping1:

I'm so so glad the migraine went away and you were able to enjoy the next day...must have been hard to get up though...at least you were at Disney! Great Epcot morning...totally with you on the universe of energy thing...wish they would update that...and maybe shorten it just a touch lol...and same with some other attractions there...sad really. But people still go and spend money so...not sure when they will have the incentive to do that. I can't wait to try the food booths and F&W...sounds like so much fun grazing around. That panoramic shot you got of Epcot was really amazing...you should blow it up and frame it!

Thanks me too! It was kind of hard to get up, but you're right, it's Disney, so I don't need much motivation to get up and get going! I wish they would bring back some of the classic Epcot attractions...I know Horizons is gone, but that would be so cool if they updated that. It's weird that they got rid of that and the World of Motion (if that's even what it was called?) yet they kept the Universe of Energy...:confused3

The booths are so awesome at Food and Wine, you will love it! I'm so sad I can't go this year! :sad:

Thanks! I actually have it as my desktop background, so it's almost like it's framed!

Sick of Epcot?! Ha. Hahahaha.

I agree about the potential Epcot has. Like I don't understand why so much has closed and changed over time. There is SO much they could do with it. The possibilities are endless. I mean I LOVE Epcot but it does frustrate me that they could do so much more with it. (Same with DHS, really!)

AHHHH all your Wilderness Lodge pictures are beautiful!! That resort is the next one I MUST stay at!

I know, sick of Epcot, right. Like that could ever happen.

Yes. To all of it. DHS actually really made me sad on this trip, it's the first time I really opened my eyes and saw how little there is to do there. And there's SO much potential. At least they're doing Star Wars Land, right?

Thanks! You do need to stay at the WL. Everyone one at least once! :thumbsup2

Clearly I don't pay attention to my notifications, and I didn't realize you started this! But I'm here! Sorry to hear about your migraine on your first afternoon, I get bad migraines every so often, to the point that I have mini stroke symptoms and basically they are debilitating, and life sucks at that moment.

I love Epcot also! The music is my favorite, and Spaceship Earth pictures are necessary so share all the ones you want!

I have yet to visit WL, I'd love to stay there at some point, maybe rent points there, when I'm don't paying off my student loan debt lol.

Quick note about the airport, if you are close enough to NY, Westchester airport is the easiest to fly out of. Jetblue flies direct to Orlando from there. Security is quick and easy, there aren't really any food places but you can always stop on the way there. There are literally 2 gates, so no worrying about racing to it, or getting lost.

Anyway can't wait to read the rest!!

Yay, :welcome: glad you're here!

OMG mini stroke symptoms??? That sounds awful! My migraines are pretty debilitating too, I wish I could figure out how to get rid of them. Or at least prevent them while I'm in Disney and I'm trying to enjoy myself!

Epcot is the best, the music is so amazing!

I'd love to rent points at WL too, so far I've only stayed at the actual resort and not the villas. I'd love to see what they look like in person!

I actually flew out of Westchester on Jet Blue for my Disneymoon 5 years ago. It was ok, but the parking was SO expensive, and I kept doing research and reading how parking was so limited that I made us leave so much earlier than we had to to get a parking spot, and then we were there so early in that tiny airport with nothing to do...I'd fly out of there again if I really got a great deal, but I don't really mind Bradley!

Thanks! :cool1:

LOVE love love EPCOT! Seriously cannot get enough of it. It's always the park we hit at least twice. Your hubby sounds like mine. He's really just there for the food and beer.
Really liking your pictures of WL too.

Me too! I go to Epcot multiple times on each trip...if I skip a day, I practically go into withdrawal or something!

Haha, yeah I think a lot of hubby's are like that! :rotfl:

Thank you!

We dropped Le cellier and are doing the Yacht's steakhouse, will let you know how it is!

Oh, awesome! Yes, please let me know what you think of it! :banana:

Yay! I love Epcot. And, a 10 minute wait for Soarin is awesome.

What a beautiful panoramic picture. I also didn't realize the IPhone could do this.

I'm glad you were able to bounce back after a difficult night; and I can't wait to see how you spend the day in the Magic Kingdom.

I know, you hardly ever see that! :cool1:

Thanks! Yes, you have to try it, you can get the most amazing pictures with it! I love it! I had no need for my actual camera with this phone, it's great!

Thanks! :thumbsup2

Sorry about the migraine. That really stinks! Glad it went away while you were sleeping

I know you said you took all your pictures with you phone, but they are simply lovely. I love all the WL pics and I like the view from you balcony, even though you don't love it as much as last time

Yum - breakfast looks so good! I could go for that breakfast sammie right now. It looks so good.

One of my DIS friends, Caitlyn, worked in Ellen's for awhile. She really liked it, but I agree that it could use a bit of an update.

Thanks! Yeah me too!

Thank you! I was really surprised with how nice the pictures turned out on the phone, the last time I went I still had the iPhone 5 and the pictures were not that good.

I love that breakfast sandwich, I'd totally eat one right now if it was in front of me! :rotfl:

You probably get attached to whatever attraction you're assigned to work at, so if I worked there, I'd probably love it too. I'd just rather be at the Tower of Terror and be a creepy bellhop or the Haunted Mansion and wear that awesome costume or something!

Love these little sandwiches!! We had one almost every day when we were at WL in October! SO DELCIOUS!!

I absolutely love your EPCOT pics! So, you just keep on taking them. I have not been on Universe of Energy since I was super little. I barely remember it. I think we are going to try to fit it in this trip. The kids will probably think its boring, but oh well! :)

That blue sky is absolutely beautiful! I can't wait to be there in 11 days and see everything!!!!!

My DH just asked me yesterday if we are eating at a buffet with mickey waffles?? lol So now I have to try to find an ADR at either Cape May, Crystal Palace, or 'Ohana for our last day! :)

As always, I can't wait to read the rest of your TR! So excited to see what you did at MK!

They are so good! I hope they don't ever get rid of them!

Thank you! I will! :rotfl: Either my mom or sister insists that we did the Universe of Energy on one of our family trips when we were kids, but I have no memory of it. So I felt like this was a "new" attraction for me!

Oh wow, I'm so jealous you will be in Disney so soon! And I just got back! :rotfl:

Haha, ugh, don't you hate when they do that? I hope you find something! :thumbsup2

So I want you to know I started reading your update Monday night at work and then one of my patients started bleeding and that was the end of that..... Well, not the patient, but my DISing. This is my first return since and I can't recall everything I read except this....

Wait - I see I DID post!!!!! Oops.......

Haha, it's ok, I do the same thing! :rotfl: (And I'm glad your patient is ok...I hope! :thumbsup2)

Hi :wave2:
Following along! You had me at Wilderness Lodge. My DH and I are planning a trip next year and WL is on the short list of where we want to stay, so I was happy to read that you love it!
Sorry you got a migraine on your first night, that really stinks, but glad it didn't last into the next day.
You take beautiful pictures!!! I can't believe they are taken with an iPhone! I'm a picture taking maniac on vacation, it drives my DH crazy because I take like 24 pics of the same thing just to get the perfect shot. :hyper:

Looking forward to reading more!

Kelly

Yay, :welcome: another WL fan! It's such an awesome resort, you should definitely stay there!

Thanks! Yeah I'm pretty happy that was the only migraine issue on this trip, and that it went away pretty quickly! It seemed like forever at the time but it could have been so much worse!

Thank you! I know, I can't believe the phone takes pictures like that! Imagine what pictures will look like when there is like, an iPhone 10 or something! :scared1: Haha, I do the same thing, I'm always stopping to get the perfect shot, I sometimes annoy myself! :rotfl:

Of course you went to Epcot. Where else would you go? And glad your migraine went away.

:woohoo::woohoo::woohoo: for a ten minute wait for Soarin'. I personally wouldn't wait 10 minutes for Test Track, let alone 30, but I know there are those that love it.

I enjoyed the slider at the Smokehouse too (although I had some ends that were really dry).

I'm with you...the toparies in France were stunning the way they had them set up this trip.

I forget about mousekeeping and new towels since we always stay DVC now. I thought they usually got all of that done by 3 p.m.?

Beautiful pictures around the resort, Jen.

Haha, I know, I can't stay away! And thank you!

I used to love Test Track, now it's just ok. The only part I really like is when you go outside really fast, there's no theme or story anymore and it's disappointing that it was closed for SO long and this is what we end up with. :confused3

I wish the topiaries in France were there year round, they fit in so perfectly!

Yeah so did I, but apparently not! :confused3 This wasn't the only time we had mousekeeping issues, either!

Thanks!

That's the WORST that you got a migraine.....thank goodness it was gone the next morning! What a terrible way to spend your first night.

YUM cheddar cheese soup!! I'm going to be in Disney during Food and Wine this year, and all I've been thinking about is getting that soup at the F&W booth..... I'm going to have to get like 5 of them, obviously. I've been to Yachtsman twice, and really enjoyed it both times. I was happy with our table both times, it was a LOT more private than at Le Cellier, so we could actually have a conversation without others joining in!!

I'm definitely not upset that you went to Epcot 2 days in a row....that sounds perfectly acceptable to me! You could spend the entire trip there and I would still be more than happy to read your TR!

It was pretty awful, but at least it went away and I was migraine free the rest of the trip! :thumbsup2 It could have been a lot worse!

I'm so jealous you're going to Food and Wine! Last year I feel like I lived at that Canada booth, haha! So I totally understand wanting to get the soup 5 times!

I hope to try Yachtsman someday, it sounds like it will be really good!

I'm happy to hear you say that, because I spend a LOT of time in Epcot! :cool1:

So glad you woke up migraine-free! :goodvibes

Wow, your resort photos are gorgeous! Between your TR and @DisneyKid4Life's, you're both really convincing me I need to get my butt over to WL! :thumbsup2

Thanks, me too!

Thank you! Yes, you do really need to go to WL, it's amazing! :lovestruc

And At Last I See the Light

tumblr_mva1jxGH9W1sq0x6uo4_250.gif

May 3, Day 2, Part 2!

Hi guys! So when we left off, Brandon and I had just finished hanging out in the pool and went back up to our room to rest a little. We had a very important ADR to get to though, so we didn't really rest that long, and it's one of those annoying ones where you can't walk in looking like a slob, haha, so I barely had time to even lay on the bed for a little while. I was SO tired, but I figured once I got out there and got moving I'd be ok!

We were going to the Contemporary, so we were taking the boat over, but I had no idea how long the the wait for the boat would be, then how long the actual ride over would be either, so we left the room pretty early. I'd say I gave us over an hour to get there. I'm pretty sure when we have stayed at the WL and taken the boat to the Contemporary, the boat first went to Fort Wilderness and then the WL so I was planning on that taking up some time.

We went down to the dock, and of course, there was a HUGE line for the boat to the Contemporary. You never see that! Everyone is almost always going to the Magic Kingdom, but today, I guess everyone had something to do at the CR! :confused3

So we got in line and waited, while I silently freaked out that there were too many people in line and we were never going to fit on the boat...just then, the boat pulls up, the captain lets everyone on, and we make it on! I think everyone in line made it on, even the people who were after us! You never know how many people can actually fit on those boats until you cram them all in! :rotfl:

And, what was even better, we went right over to the Contemporary first! I was sure we'd have to go all the way to Fort Wilderness first, but nope, just went right over to the CR and got off the boat! So we were super early for our ADR, which was fine. We just went in the CR and looked around. I went to their counter service to check out their cupcakes, but they were pretty generic looking. :sad1: Are they doing away with resort specific cupcakes or something? I hope not.

Anyway, after wandering around for a little while, it was time to check in for our ADR at California Grill! I was so excited for this, I love Cali Grill, even more so than Le Cellier now! It's just such a pretty restaurant, and the food is amazing!

We checked in and the CM asked if we were celebrating anything, and Brandon said it was our 5 year anniversary, and she asked why we didn't have anniversary buttons! I told her I didn't think it was on our resort reservation and I never mentioned it when I checked in, so we never bothered getting one. The CM was so sweet, she grabbed two and went out of her way to make them really cute for us!

IMG_8653.jpg

As soon as we put them on and we were all checked in, our buzzer went off and we took the elevator up to the restaurant. We were seated over to the right, with an amazing view of the Magic Kingdom, it was perfect! It wasn't next to the window or anything, but really, there's not a bad place to sit in there! It was nice being over on that side though, usually we're more over to the left where you can't really see much of MK!

I didn't even have to look at the menu, because I knew what I was getting. I did end up looking, just to see if there was anything that could possibly change my mind, but nope. I already knew I wanted the pork 2 ways. Brandon was getting sushi, and even though he said he would only get one kind, he ended up getting 2. I don't remember which ones he got, but he loved them, as always! I wasn't going to get a drink either, but since I was considering this our "official" anniversary dinner, I gave in and got a chocolate martini.

IMG_8654.jpg

YUM everything was SO good! I love this place SO MUCH! I just wish they would give me a huge bowl of that goat cheese polenta, they give you such a tiny portion now that I have to eat such tiny bites of it to make sure I don't inhale it all at once!

When we were finished eating, our server (who was awesome, by the way, and of course, I forgot her name! Probably the best server we have had here so far!) asked if we wanted to see a dessert menu, and I said no, because we were going to the Magic Kingdom and I wanted to get something there. So she said that was fine and she would bring us the check. Next thing I know, she is back with this

IMG_8656.jpg

Yum, free creme brûlée, which is totally what I would have gotten off of the dessert menu anyway! I love creme brûlée and Disney is the only place I ever have it! So that was really sweet of the CA Grill, see, those little anniversary buttons come in handy sometimes! :rotfl:

We finished our dessert and paid and we were on our way to the Magic Kingdom! Once we got on the monorail, I noticed the beautiful sunset happening, and was hoping we would get into the park fast enough so I could run to the Castle and take pictures. But no. The monorail took its time and I just watched the sun go down little by little from my seat. Sigh.

We finally made it to the Magic Kingdom, and there wasn't really any reason to rush anymore since my sunset was basically over. Might as well stop for a monorail picture, right?

IMG_8658.jpg

We went in and I think Brandon stopped for Starbucks, which I almost considered because I was still so tired. That night of not sleeping well was catching up with me, but I was way too full to drink coffee, so I admired the Castle instead. It looked really pretty that night, I just am so not a fan of all of those walls that are up! And I hate how Walt is in a box!

IMG_8659.jpg

Since I was trying a new system on this trip, and making Fast Pass + reservations for some parks at night, this was one of the nights that I had FP+ for, and I was so happy that I did! It was pretty busy! We had an FP for the Mine Train, so we went on that, which was awesome, as always! Way too short, but still, so much fun!

For some reason, we ended up at the Tangled bathrooms and I took tons of pictures over there, but I couldn't really get good ones since it was dark. I find this area really hard to take pictures of because there are always so many people around, and you have to be creative with your angles if you don't want 500 people in your pictures, and the lighting is weird. I'm no photographer, I've just noticed that most of my pictures over here are awful, haha!

IMG_8665.jpg

IMG_8666.jpg

IMG_8668.jpg

We went over to Adventureland to see if we could go on Pirates really quick before finding a spot for Wishes, but Pirates was down! So we just walked slowly through Adventureland before we needed to go into the crowd to fight for a spot for Wishes. I tried to get one of those cool pictures of the carpets where they look like they are flying over you, but this was the best I could do with my phone!

IMG_8673.jpg

We ended up in the walkway between the new hub section and the Castle, where there was a huge wall up. We stood there for about 10 seconds to decide where we wanted to go before a CM came up to us and told us we couldn't stand there, we either had to go behind the tape or keep walking. I looked down and saw all these random sections taped off. So I just stepped over into a taped section and sat down and that's where we watched Wishes from. It wasn't the best spot, but the people in front of us ended up leaving after Celebrate the Magic so I moved up and it was pretty decent. Brandon got me popcorn and I was a happy Disney girl, haha!

I think halfway through Wishes, I wanted to start walking to Fantasyland to beat the crowds, because we had an FP for Pooh (haha, just realized that sounds funny!) and there was no way I was crossing over in front of the Castle, so we started walking that way while Wishes was going on, and it was awesome! I always forget how cool it is to see Wishes from a different place other than in front of the Castle! Brandon had never done it before, so he was amazed how close the fireworks seemed from Fantasyland, and how loud! I tried to get some good pictures, but we were walking and they didn't turn out that great, and this was one of those times that I told myself to not take pictures, to just enjoy Wishes without a camera in my hand, so I don't have very many!

IMG_8676.jpg

IMG_8679.jpg

Wishes ended, and we went on Winnie the Pooh with our FP, which we didn't even need, but we used it anyway, and can you believe I FINALLY found the picture of Owl and Mr. Toad? After all of those years riding that ride, having it be a favorite, I never saw that picture until this night! :rotfl:

Once we were finished with Pooh, we went over to Peter Pan and rode that with our FP. I think the time for that one was between 11 and 12? I can't remember, I just know it was pretty late, I think Wishes was at 10, our Pooh FP was 10-11, and Peter Pan was 11-12. So because I got to ride Peter Pan at 11:00 on a night with extra magic hours with no wait, I love FP+. I'm always going to hate having to make reservations so early in advance, and I don't like that you can only have 3, I don't like the tier system in the other parks...but you can't be too mad when you get to skip ahead of all the sad people in the Peter Pan line and get right on! :rotfl2:

Once we were finished with Peter Pan, Brandon was ready to go, and as much as I didn't want to leave, the tiredness was just to much to ignore. So we started to make our way out of the park, but then we noticed how there was the most beautiful full moon that night (or close to a full moon) and it was right over the Castle, so of course, we had to stop and take pictures! There were SO many other people doing the same thing, it was SO pretty! The pictures are nothing compared to what it looked like in real life!

IMG_8685.jpg

IMG_8683.jpg

Can you believe how beautiful it is??? I just love the Magic Kingdom!

We walked through the Castle and I had to stop to take more pictures...I can't tell you how many pictures I have of the Castle from the angle, but I don't care, I like it!

IMG_8688.jpg

IMG_8690.jpg

We started walking towards Main Street and of course, the Electrical Parade was going on! There weren't too many people watching it, so I could see some of the floats, and you know what? It's actually pretty cute! I mean, it's no Spectro, and I'll always hate the music, but the floats are cute. I almost wanted to stop and watch it. But then I remembered, before we left, I had to do something important. I had to get ice cream. I talked about it all night, how I was craving ice cream and now we were about to walk by the Plaza and there was no way I was leaving without getting something! I ended up getting the All American Sundae (I think that's what it's called?) and Brandon just got cookies and cream with hot fudge on it. It was SO good! Something about Disney ice cream...add that to the list of things at Disney that just taste better there!

We finished our ice cream and began walking out, and again, I had to make one last detour to the jewelry store. I really wanted to see some of the newer Disney Dooney and Bourkes in person, because I was considering getting one, but I didn't know which one. So we walked in, and then...I saw it! The Disney Dooney that I had been dreaming of for years, since it was released...the one that comes out and is immediately sold out in minutes. Just hanging there, taunting me.

IMG_8692.jpg

The Haunted Mansion Disney Dooney. :love:

OMG it was more beautiful and perfect in real life than in the pictures that I've seen of it! It was also huge! I'm not a big purse kind of girl, so this seemed like a suitcase to me! I picked it up as much as I could, since these things are tied down, haha, and it just felt so heavy and awkward! I stood there and debated with myself for like, 15 minutes about just buying it. Brandon told me I was crazy to even think of buying a $400 bag, but he just didn't understand the obsession I had with this purse.

Eventually I told myself we would be back another time, and if it was still there, I'd get it, and if not, it wasn't meant to be. I just couldn't decide if I liked how big it was and if I'd use it or waste almost $400 on a huge, heavy purse.

We finally were able to leave the Magic Kingdom, got right on the boat to the WL and were back to our room and asleep pretty quickly! I love that boat to the WL, it makes MK travel so simple! :thumbsup2

Up next...more MK!

Okay, now I have to join in to catch up with YOUR TR!!! Just subbing now and off to bed. Hopefully I will find time tomorrow to catch up!!! So excited!

OMG I LOVED having a boat to and from the Contemporary!!! But I also totally get the unknowing-ness so leaving early was a great plan. I really found those boats to be really unpredictable. But such a fun way to get around.

I went to their counter service to check out their cupcakes, but they were pretty generic looking.

I though the same thing. They were big though, I'll give them that.

Oh you HAVE to wear an anniversary button. It's the law!!

And this is how we learn!!!! Desserts are good.... FREE desserts are superb!!

I just am so not a fan of all of those walls that are up! And I hate how Walt is in a box!

THIS! I loved my trip dearly, but if there was one thing that I could point to as being a Debbie Downer, it was Walt in a Box. Seeing a much better hub is probably one the things I'm most looking forward to next trip.

'm no photographer, I've just noticed that most of my pictures over here are awful, haha!

Um, I think you're being WAY too hard on yourself Jen. These photos are lovely.

The pictures are nothing compared to what it looked like in real life!

IMG_8685.jpg

Awww I love that. It always tickles me too when you notice other people noticing the same thing. The community we share.

I'm a Spectro guy too Jen, but I do have a soft spot for MSEP as well. So retro.

IMG_8692.jpg

The Haunted Mansion Disney Dooney. :love:

WOW! I remember the craziness when that first launched. And I am NOT someone who would notice such things generally. To have one RIGHT THERE is pretty shocking. Now I'm curious to see if you ever gave in.

You never know with Disney transportation. Sometimes, the one bus you need takes an hour to get there and drop you off where you need to be. Other times, you can hop from the TTC to the MK in 5 minutes. It's so unpredictable, so I get you wanting to leave early just in case. Besides, the CR is a fun resort to walk around and explore.

Your dish looks really good! I'm glad it was just as good as last time, and how awesome that they brought you a dessert for your anniversary. That's a nice surprise.

The ice cream at the Plaza is amazing! I love it and have to get it every visit. There's just something about an ice cream sundae in the Mk that makes it extra yummy.

Oh, wow, those Disney Dooneys look so nice! I haven't seen the Haunted Mansion one very often in the parks. I guess it's because they are so neat looking.
But I can understand your hesitation with buying one. They do look really big.
And for the kind of money the cost you want to be absolutely in love with the bag. I'm sure if they had a hipster version of the design you'd have been a lot more willing to spend big bucks on it.

What an amazing MK day!!! And such a perfect dinner at CG....sigh..wish I could get an ADR there! The creme brule looked fantastic (and even better because...FREE! I totally agree with you on the FP+...they are awesome when you are actually using them and seeing that you are bypassing the line...BUT it is SO hard to do so much planning up front and know where you will be and what you will want to do months in advance...that's what I find hard about it all. But in practice once it's done I'm usually ok with it. What amazing pictures you got of the fireworks!!

Oh my gosh. ARE they doing away with resort specific cupcakes? Contempo, do not do this to me. Also, BRING BACK THE PEANUT BUTTER CUP CUPCAKE PULEAASEEEEE.

Anyways...

Aww I love that the CM made yall those cute buttons! I love when CMs go out of their way to do stuff like that. Little things like that really mean a lot!

The food looks so good! So glad yall enjoyed it. And FREE DESSERT. Yessss.

That sounds like a really cool Wishes experience! I can barely stand watching it from Main Street anymore. There's like no room to breathe! And people are always holding their cameras up and blocking your view, ugh. :laughing: And ya know, Wishes is magical no matter where you watch it from! Hehehe.

Those pictures of the castle and the moon, oh my goodness, so beautiful! It must have been so incredible to see in person!

Oooh, that Dooney. I'm intrigued to see if you ended up with it!

DANG I just realized how long this comment is! Hahaha. But I'm trying to fill the time until my plane boards so... DEAL WITH IT. :lmao:

Following along! I actually had to sigh at some of your pictures of the sunsets. Disney sunsets ARE the best. It made me want to zap myself there and just feel the sun on my face.

Your dinner at California Grill sounds amazing!!! What a great way to celebrate your anniversary!

Love the Castle shots - you can never have enough! :thumbsup2

I'm anxious to see whether you got the Dooney or not... popcorn::

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter