• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

It is sad, especially with the speculations that it was an accident, and if it was the pro-Russian rebels who caused it, they thought they were shooting down a military plane. (Doesn't make it right regardless)

This whole Ukrainian/Russian war has had me confused from the start, so I generally steer away from conversations about it.

On a lighter note, we finally received DD1's passport! It looks so coot! :goodvibes

My brother introduced me too the app Quizup today and all night I've been playing Disney movie trivia! :rotfl: originally I told myself I just wanted to get to level 10, then I'd stop for the night, but I'm still going :lmao:

Does anyone else play?

I'm avoiding Tsum Tsum at the moment. I'm definitely going to be avoiding QuizUp as well.

I did get hooked into 4 Pics 1 Word and have been steering clear of any other addictions. I still have to finish the last Professor Layton game on the 3DS before I'm allowed anything else. :sad:

*Squeee!* We've been looking into renting DVC for our upcoming trip, and DH pointed out that his parents rented DVC for our wedding, and that they rented from friends, so we got in touch with those friends to see if they'd rent to us.

Previously I priced out the points we'd need (315) at $14 a point, as that's what David's has them at and it was going to be $4410.00,so I thought I'd see what the rent trade board has them at here, I found someone who would rent them to us at $12.50, which brought it down to $3937.50. So I have been waiting for these friends to get back to us, which they did this morning, and their email said:

Figuring our points allotment and costs, I can reserve the room for you for $1500 US

:scared1: That's like $4 a point! I replied back asking if that was the full amount, or just what was required to book. I'm telling myself that it's a 50% deposit, but even still that's $9.50 a point! :cool1:

I'm trying very hard not to get excited, but failing miserably :lmao: Could you imagine?? Budgeting $4000 for accomodation and getting it for $1500!?! :scratchin So much shopping! Even an extra $1000 for shopping would be amazing!

*Squeee!* We've been looking into renting DVC for our upcoming trip, and DH pointed out that his parents rented DVC for our wedding, and that they rented from friends, so we got in touch with those friends to see if they'd rent to us.

Previously I priced out the points we'd need (315) at $14 a point, as that's what David's has them at and it was going to be $4410.00,so I thought I'd see what the rent trade board has them at here, I found someone who would rent them to us at $12.50, which brought it down to $3937.50. So I have been waiting for these friends to get back to us, which they did this morning, and their email said:

:scared1: That's like $4 a point! I replied back asking if that was the full amount, or just what was required to book. I'm telling myself that it's a 50% deposit, but even still that's $9.50 a point! :cool1:

I'm trying very hard not to get excited, but failing miserably :lmao: Could you imagine?? Budgeting $4000 for accomodation and getting it for $1500!?! :scratchin So much shopping! Even an extra $1000 for shopping would be amazing!

That's fantastic news BecBennett. I hope that it comes through for you at that price.

315 points is a LOT of points. How long are you going for?

Wow! That would be an amazing saving! Hope that it comes through for you, even if it is a 50% deposit, it is still a huge discount! Which DVC property is it? You must be waiting with baited breath to hear back from them!

Wow, Bec, that is really cool.

I'm guessing with that amount of points you are looking at more than a studio.

Let us know when you hear back from them and what resort/s you have picked.

Fingers crossed that it all works out for you Bec. Any saving is a good saving and that one is fantastic.

Holy cow it is the full price! :hyper: it's a1 bedroom at Boardwalk Villas!

I'm so excited! I've now booked our wedding photographer to shoot some family photos at the resort. :goodvibes

I'm so excited! I've now booked our wedding photographer to shoot some family photos at the resort. :goodvibes

Congrats!

And I bet your wedding photographer will be pleased to see you again. I did lurk on your thread when you were planning it all out and did spot some of your fantastic wedding pics. I hope you'll share your family shots. :flower3:

Brilliant news! You must feel like you just won the lottery!

I'm in the process of booking our ADRs for our upcoming trip. I must admit that this is my favourite part of planning a WDW trip :goodvibes I wasn't concerned about getting an ADR for be our guest, but I saw an availability for dinner on our wedding anniversary, so i booked it :cool1: Here's hoping it's as good as the hype would lead you to believe!

So far I've also booked O'Hanas and 50's Prime Time. Usually I'm not a fan of buffets, but with DD I think it will be easier to eat at a few with her. So we might book chef Mickeys, or somewhere similar, but I haven't bit the bullet yet... I'm also trying to only book places we haven't eaten before...

OK I'm off to compare my crowd calender with what is available for San Angel Inn :rolleyes:

I'm in the process of booking our ADRs for our upcoming trip. I must admit that this is my favourite part of planning a WDW trip :goodvibes I wasn't concerned about getting an ADR for be our guest, but I saw an availability for dinner on our wedding anniversary, so i booked it :cool1: Here's hoping it's as good as the hype would lead you to believe!

So far I've also booked O'Hanas and 50's Prime Time. Usually I'm not a fan of buffets, but with DD I think it will be easier to eat at a few with her. So we might book chef Mickeys, or somewhere similar, but I haven't bit the bullet yet... I'm also trying to only book places we haven't eaten before...

OK I'm off to compare my crowd calender with what is available for San Angel Inn :rolleyes:

Sounds like a great set of ADRs. :thumbsup2

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter