• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The I am a pirate/fireman, I am not a hijacker thread, all about nothing in general

Damn, wish I could watch but I don't have foxtel. I did watch the webcasts yesterday and was blown away by the size of the expansion!

You didn't miss too much. It was a red carpet event that kept showing snippets of Diagon Alley. Pretty much the same stuff shown in the webcasts.

I would so much love to go back in the next 2-3 years to check it out. It looks an even bigger area (and potentially more impressive) than Hogsmeade.

WanderlustNZ said:
I would so much love to go back in the next 2-3 years to check it out. It looks an even bigger area (and potentially more impressive) than Hogsmeade.

I think they may have underestimated just how popular the area would be, and didn't want to bet the house on it. Looks like it's different this time around. I hope it pays off for them (I'm sure it will :)

Do you have any firm plans to make it out there? I know some HP fanatical friends of mine are jealous of my trip back, but I keep telling them not to stress - the park isn't going anywhere, they'll get their chance to visit :)

I think they may have underestimated just how popular the area would be, and didn't want to bet the house on it. Looks like it's different this time around. I hope it pays off for them (I'm sure it will :) Do you have any firm plans to make it out there? I know some HP fanatical friends of mine are jealous of my trip back, but I keep telling them not to stress - the park isn't going anywhere, they'll get their chance to visit :)

No, no firm plans unfortunately. After my cruise in December, I am taking a break from expensive travel for a few years. We need to consolidate for a while, but I am still going to keep a savings account on the side for a big trip probably Xmas 2016. Being the planner I am, I'm already trying to decide where that will be with my current top contenders being a European winter Xmas (perhaps Lapland), or a return to Florida with Xmas on the Fantasy.
Plenty of time to decide, but it's still fun thinking about it.
Either way, I will get back to Universal Florida one day, it just won't be for quite a long time. :)

We finally took DD1 on a plane, and she was really good, if a little exhausting...

We only flew from Newcastle to Melbourne (1.5-2 hours), but now of course I'm thinking further afield...

Is ear pressure worse for the longer flights? I'm thinking it would be because the planes go higher right?

We stayed in our seat for these flights, but do they frown upon you walking up and down the aisle with little ones?

What do you do for jet lag in little ones? Particularly getting them used to the idea that you sleep when it's night time, regardless of how awake you feel... :rotfl:

We finally took DD1 on a plane, and she was really good, if a little exhausting...

We only flew from Newcastle to Melbourne (1.5-2 hours), but now of course I'm thinking further afield...

Is ear pressure worse for the longer flights? I'm thinking it would be because the planes go higher right?

We stayed in our seat for these flights, but do they frown upon you walking up and down the aisle with little ones?

What do you do for jet lag in little ones? Particularly getting them used to the idea that you sleep when it's night time, regardless of how awake you feel... :rotfl:

The pressure changes when you change altitude. It's easier going up and if the plane stays at the 33,000 feet cruising altitude for the entire flight, you just have the change of coming down to deal with. I can't say that I've noticed it being any worse for a domestic flight compared to an international flight.

We travelled to the US when DS was 7 months old. The stewardesses took him for a cuddle at least 3 times during the flight and walked up and down the aisle with him.

When DS was 2.5 years old, we walked the aisles a lot. No one said anything to us.

When DS was 5 years old, we also walked the aisles a lot. Well....I was walking and he was running at times. I think it's the running that might cause an issue. We stopped DS from running as soon as he started and after the first 3 or 4 times, he learnt that it was okay to walk but not okay to run and it was fine after that.

Hope you have a trip planned soon!

Well with the prices Zanzibar just posted about I'm definitely considering it! :rotfl:

Hmmm... Quiet night tonight... What? Is everyone out having a life or something? :confused:

:rotfl2: Yeah right, where are you people?

My condolences to my Australian friends and anyone else who lost countrymen in today's plane crash. It is such a sad day.

My condolences to my Australian friends and anyone else who lost countrymen in today's plane crash. It is such a sad day.

This has made me so sad :( I'm also a bit nervous that a civil war will escalate into a world war after this incident.

This has made me so sad :( I'm also a bit nervous that a civil war will escalate into a world war after this incident.

I had the same worry after the terrorist attacks on the twin towers. DH was in the military then and I was fearful of him being sent away to war.
Thankfully the world learnt from it's mistakes early in the 20th Century and things never got as bad after 9/11 as I envisioned they would.
I am hopeful they will think through their reaction to this plane crash just as carefully.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter