The Food Was Not Undelicious: May 25-June 1, 2007!! Completed - Post #794

You look hot-hot, hottie! How do you stay so svelte and eat and drink all this :confused: Shame, that Jiko wasn't more exciting, I don't think lavendar ice cream sounds appealing :confused3

I love your dress! Very cute! You did the right thing by wearing your tennis shoes until you got to dinner. I was stupid and wore my heels a few times when we had to walk to dinner - ouch!:headache: - I won't make that mistake again!

I knew you would love AKL! It's a beautiful resort, isn't it? We've stayed there three times now, and I can't wait to go back when the DVC villas are done. :cloud9:

Someone didn't take notes from my TR :rolleyes1 ...

XTRDay11-14.jpg

Disney Know & Tell - AKL There is a quiet little sitting area right above Boma and Jiko, on the 2nd floor. Just go to the elevators right behind where you check in for these restaurants, and go up to level 2. You can sit there and wait for your buzzer-thingie to go off without anyone around you! Try it the next time you go to Boma or Jiko!

XTRDay11-15.jpg

XTRDay11-16.jpg

It's always very quiet up there! These pics were taken on Christmas morning, and it was CROWDED downstairs...
On to the food! YUMMMY! I love that flatbread. :love: It's one of my favorites. I'm sitting here, drooling right now. I'm glad you got the fillet. It's always great. I agree with you about the mac&cheese. I do like it, but I prefer tubers with my meat - mashed is the best. :thumbsup2 You have to go back to Jiko when you are feeling better to try some of the African wines. I've never had a bad one. Sorry you didn't like the dessert. That ice cream wouldn't do it for me either. Ick.

So, what's next???
-Michelle

I finally made it through! Man I cannot believe how long this thread is getting. Thank you SO much for putting your update page #s in the original post! :thumbsup2

As always, great review so far. I've eaten at Boma before but not Jiko yet and after your review, I think I'll give it a whirl! :goodvibes

Oh btw, HAPPY ANNIVERSARY!! What wonderful magic WDW provides. I love it!pixiedust:

OT but I wanted to tell you that there are now 29 days from now until the HP movie comes out! My friend actually knitted a scarf for myself and for herself for us to wear to the opening and they are Griffindor colors! I'll have to PM you a pic, its awesome!

:love:

For lunch I ordered Quiche Lorraine (ham and cheese quiche) - that's pronounced "keeeeeey-shhhhhhhh" in American.
DSC02048.jpg

love quiche

DSC02061.jpg

DSC02060.jpg

We couldn't get just one picture that included the entire surprise, so we did it this way instead. There were three helium-filled balloons: one that says Happy Anniversary, one that has Cinderella's coach on it, and one that has Cinderella and Charming. The balloons were anchored with a foil wrapped weight, which we originally thought was a chocolate kiss (like we didn't have enough chocolate in the room already!). And then there is the Year of a Million Dreams card with the anniversary wish and the picture that was autographed by the Boss and First Lady!!

We were so excited and touched! It was completely unexpected and I don't know if the front desk staff did it or if someone from the WDW florist sent it, but we loved this little bit of special magic that someone somewhere at WDW created for us. I get all goose-bumpy and sappy every time I look at it. :love:

Thanks for reading - look for Jiko tomorrow night! :goodvibes

Oh wow! - how lovely! I want one!:yay:

ps - glad to see Planky making an appearance earlier...I was beginning to think you'd left him at home:scared1:

Love the dress you look so pretty, wise move wearing trainers, food looks good too :rotfl2:

Love the dress!! I must tell you that I've never enjoyed a dining review as much as I'm enjoying yours.:goodvibes We'll be going to JIKO for the first time on our next trip and I can't wait to see the Lodge for the first time.:yay:

The missing leg is named "Smith".

:rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1 :rolleyes1

What's the name of her OTHER leg?:rotfl:

Great job on this review... DH tends to be more "adventerous" than I am as well, although I don't have any good medical reasons to be so chicken.

Glad you had a good time!

Brenda - I am so happy you liked Jiko! It became our favourite restaurant last trip and we are DYING to go back this November. DH had the filet you bought and I was so jealous... yummo! It was also some of the best service we've ever had in ANY restaurant!

(I wasn't as enamored with the cheese plate, FWIW - too much blue cheese and stinky goat cheese.)

And when I saw that picture (lovely dress, BTW), I too was wondering where your other leg went. Two possibilities crossed my mind: 1) Plankton had hatched a nefarious scheme to fuse your legs together, or 2) You were doing your KILLER flamingo impersonation!! ;)

Wow, I miss a day & have so much to catch up on!!

Why oh why did they mess with the vanilla bean icecream at Jiko?!!!!:confused3 We had that same dessert, the brownies were yummy but a bit dry, but the icecream more than made up for it! No lavender at all at that time, just super vanilla beanish!!! :sad2: He did tell us it was made "in house" at Jiko, so I guess the chef felt the need to explore lavender!!:laughing:

Why don't you and your SIL have tea one afternoon before or after your cruise? Then it could just be a "girl" thing and you could meet up with the boys later? Just throwin' it out there for consideration... :rolleyes1

That's a good idea! Hmmm.....:thumbsup2

We take the dress code seriously...kind of.
DSC02062.jpg

Seriously....what IS the deal with your other leg??? :confused3 Beautiful dress, though! :thumbsup2

Captain Adventure had a really good idea. He said that AKL should have taken a page out of California Grill's playbook and placed the restaurant in an area that overlooked the Savannah, providing guests with a panoramic view while enjoying their meals.

Um, no thank you! Who wants to look at the live version of what they're eating??? :rotfl2:

I am loving your dining review. Thanks so much for all the time and creativity you put into it.

Denise

Brenda, might I say that you have phenomenal posture? Especially given your
missing leg...

The missing leg is named "Smith".

Poor Smithie. Left below. ;)

Seriously -- your pic made me sit up straighter at my desk. :)

Oh, and Cowboy (not to be confused with Cowboy Grimace, but rather Cowboy the Dog, re: my avatar) is absolutely over the moon that you noticed his new picture. :cloud9: He says hello to HP.

Pan Roasted Jumbo Scallops with golden brown mealie pap and spicy tomato-onion Chaka-Laka.

I am officially a fan of anything called "Chaka-Laka".

I love the scent of lavender but I really don't want to taste it in my dairy products.

That should be your new tag.

Thanks to the mention of the words "Cheese Plate", I may now have to look into Jiko, too!

I didn't even notice your missing leg until everyone else pointed it out. Now I join the rest with wonderment. Did you want us to not notice your cleavage this time?

I didn't even notice your missing leg until everyone else pointed it out. Now I join the rest with wonderment. Did you want us to not notice your cleavage this time?

Now that's funny.

Your leg is no longer part of the System. Your leg is above the System. Over it. Beyond it. It's "them." It's "they." We are the Legs in Black.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter