The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

We just returned from WDW a couple of weeks ago and I thought I would share our experience with the Sum of All Thrills at Innoventions.

This experience is awesome, as you get to build/design your own virtual roller coaster, then on a robotic arm, "ride" your creation.

My reason for posting is this...

The seat and harness you are placed in during the "ride" experience may not be suitable for all sized people (pooh sized).

The seat has edges that come up either side that limit the width of the person's derriere that would be accommodated.

I just barely fit (I had to wiggle a bit) to ride. I am a ladies size 16/18.

This attraction was really neat and I HIGHLY recommend it. Just thought I would warn/make you aware!

P6191402.jpg

P6191403.jpg

P6191401.jpg

They have turn-style at the park entrance but they are wide the only one that is going to be snug is at Haunted Mansion . As past poster said turn sideways . The thing to remember is everyone is there to make magical memories with their family so if its snug who cares your never going to see those people again . Just relax and have a good time . I took my fluffy self to the pool everyday and there where all kinds of shapes and sizes but everyone was enjoying them selves. All I can say is ITS DISNEY:thumbsup2

Everyone will be happy to know that The Haunted Mansion has a new entrance, NO MORE TURNSTILES!

Last time we went to Disney in October 2008 I had just gotten down to about 335 and I had no problem with the boat bottomoing out. Now leg room on Small World is alway horrid but who can miss the singing dolls :laughing:

You will be fine. That boat can accomadate about 10-12 people some of them will no doubt be kids weighing nothing. It all balances out.

As for pirates that is deeper water and also on a track it will be fine

You definitely won't bottom out. I am bigger than you by 20 lbs...no problems here and my 240 lb husband,, 190 lb son and 50 lb daughter all ride in my row!

I was wondering what is your experience with finding plus size clothing in the parks/resorts/DCL? What's the largest size you've seen and where would be your best bet for finding the plus sized items? I'm a size 22/24 so I'm guessing a 3X would be good for me because it would leave a little room. :confused3 Thanks so much for your input!

WARNING....Disney sizes run small...try it on!

I was wondering what is your experience with finding plus size clothing in the parks/resorts/DCL? What's the largest size you've seen and where would be your best bet for finding the plus sized items? I'm a size 22/24 so I'm guessing a 3X would be good for me because it would leave a little room. :confused3 Thanks so much for your input!

I was able to find 4x and 5x at the gift shop across from Spaceship Earth at Epcot. Also had about 5 or 6 styles to choose from in that size not just one.

i recommend packing a travel-sized baby powder for areas that tend to chafe. Heck, I don't think you even need to be Pooh-sized to appreciate that

i recommend packing a travel-sized baby powder for areas that tend to chafe. Heck, I don't think you even need to be Pooh-sized to appreciate that

And if u do. Then use diaper rash cream when u goto bed and when u wake-up it will feel better

Also on the chafing idea....help me out with this one. I'm slightly pooh sized to begin with, and with this pregnancy, I'm even more pooh sized. Its been very hot here, and my chest is very itchy and red. I've tired baby powder but its not really working. Any other ideas?? Would the diaper cream work? What kind? The creamy white desitin, or the golden colored A&D? Thanks!! And, this will be helpful for our Disney trip in October if its still super hot!! :)

My sister in law's Mom calls it "magic powder" but it comes in a pink bottle. This is some of the best powder ever and works so well! I can't think of the name of it right now! Ok I found it, it is Caldesene, for those nights we were sweating really bad this worked the best! :thumbsup2

My sister in law's Mom calls it "magic powder" but it comes in a pink bottle. This is some of the best powder ever and works so well! I can't think of the name of it right now! Ok I found it, it is Caldesene, for those nights we were sweating really bad this worked the best! :thumbsup2

Caldesene is absolutely awesome, if any of your little ones are leaning towards diaper rash in the heat, or have prickly heat, it is indispensable. I used it on my daughter 30+ years ago when A&D etc. did not work. I'm guessing that I am about the same age as your SIL's mother.

You may want to put it in your park bag, so you can reapply when it is really hot. Don't forget to powder your feet, that really helps to cut down on blisters and the powder is very refreshing.

Also on the chafing idea....help me out with this one. I'm slightly pooh sized to begin with, and with this pregnancy, I'm even more pooh sized. Its been very hot here, and my chest is very itchy and red. I've tired baby powder but its not really working. Any other ideas?? Would the diaper cream work? What kind? The creamy white desitin, or the golden colored A&D? Thanks!! And, this will be helpful for our Disney trip in October if its still super hot!! :)

I have been using Goldbond this summer and it seems to work really well for me.

Anti perspirant deodorant works great too. I use the spray on kind and it helps .I have used both diaper creams and both work it just leaves you sticky were the spray deodorant on leaves you dry.

By "chest" do you mean underneath the girls? I just developed a similar problem and asked my pharmacist. She said it's extremely common in women in hot weather and is frequently a yeast or fungal infection. Go to your local pharmacy and speak with someone there. They can recommend the appropriate OTC cream (especially since you are pregnant, and there are certain OTC meds that you shouldn't use).

Anti perspirant deodorant works great too. I use the spray on kind and it helps .I have used both diaper creams and both work it just leaves you sticky were the spray deodorant on leaves you dry.

I saw this tip on this thread and decided to try it. Not just for Disney trip but for everyday purposes. It has really helped ALOT!!!

I tend to sweat profusely under the girls and my bras get icky. I started doing this and it helps so much. I tried the feet too but I wear sandles and I was slipping and sliding. I didn't let them dry. :lmao:

THANKS for the tip!!!!!

We are going to Disneyland for the first time in November - has anyone who is pooh-sized here had experiences on the rides? is it as roomy as most rides in WDW are?

I have been using Goldbond this summer and it seems to work really well for me.

Thank you! I was actually just at the Goldbond website today to see if that'd work.

I was worried about the stickiness of the diaper cream. The spray on deoderant is a good idea. Thanks!

By "chest" do you mean underneath the girls? I just developed a similar problem and asked my pharmacist. She said it's extremely common in women in hot weather and is frequently a yeast or fungal infection. Go to your local pharmacy and speak with someone there. They can recommend the appropriate OTC cream (especially since you are pregnant, and there are certain OTC meds that you shouldn't use).

Yes, I do mean the girls. I was trying to think of a politically correct, non-offensive way to say it. :hippie: Lol! A very kind person here PM'd me about the fungal/yeast infection and I tried some cream today. I am suprised at the relief it has brought so soon and I plan on using it throughout the weekend. In my response to the message, I told the person that after thinking about it, its not that suprising. That's the perfect environment for yeast to thrive.

Thanks everyone for your advice. :flower3: I'm too embarrased to ask my midwife in the privacy of her office, but for some reason I find it perfectly reasonable to ask where millions of people could potentialy see my question!! :rotfl2:

That being said, I've spent time just reading this thread and I am very impressed with the kindness you all show one another, :grouphug: and the TONS of tips I've picked up here! In real life, I feel like pooh surrounded by Cinderellas. I'm glad to find a place where we can just discuss issues/concerns without pressure. Ok, enough mushy stuff!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter