The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

In 08 when we where there I bought one in the gift shop at splash mountain because I was so hot!! I think it worked great!! I did have to refresh it every once in a while so this year I think I will bring 2

Love this thread idea!! I had a Overland donnor bag that fit great with nice long straps, didn't sit funny or rub on my neck. You might take a look at this one. I also am trying to decide on shoes this time around. I have worn crocs both of my last 2 trips and never had foot pain, however are thinking about taking new balance tennis shoes this time also.

NB is my shoe of choice for WDW

Another girl one talk here guys, so you might want to skip this post

I do not wear underwire bras but I wear a very large size and in the heat they tend to rub the skin under the girls which causes chaffing :eek: I once ended up at the doctor here with a real bad under girls rash which was very painful :sad2: I now use Body Glide not only on my thighs which are large but under the bra and girls and never had a problem since.

It really works well in Fla where I tend to sweat a lot in the hot summer weather and does not sweat off all day :thumbsup2

when this happens to me I use a anti-fungus cream and it takes care of it overnight

I thought I'd swing back and let you all know how the cargo shorts from womanwithin.com were. I just got them in the mail today.

I ordered a pair of the shorts and a pair of the cargo pants. The cargo shorts are great. They are a good fit and a good length, plus they can adjust from bermuda length to mid-thigh. The material is thin which is good for late spring/summer/fall. These are keepers for me and I may pick up another pair or 2.

The pants can adjust from full length pants to capri length. But when they are at full length the legs are alot wider than I like so they'll be going back. They are the same material as the shorts.

Both are drawstring waists which I also liked. I know it's hard to find plus size cargo shorts so this is one place to get them.

What colors did you get? I am looking at ordering some and I don't want the light stone if they are going to be see through if they get wet on the bottom.:scared1: Also are they true to size?

Thanks!:)

I would like to know how you other Pooh-sized folks beat the heat and exhaustion of a trip to Disney, particularly those of you who go in summer. Let's face it, the heat and walking are much, much harder on us than they are on Tigger types. Three years ago we went to Williamsburg, VA on a 102 F. day, and the next day I had some sort of seizure and ended up hospitalized for quite some time.:sick: They could never find any reason for it (despite every test in the book) other than dehydration and exhaustion. Now we're going to Disney this July and I'm terrified the same thing is going to happen. The problem is the rest of my family is in terrific shape and I push myself too hard to keep up with them. Common sense tells me to take it easy, drink, drink, drink, and use my mister/fan, but are there any other tips you can give me to make my vacation seem like a vacation and not like the Bataan Death March?;)
Do yourself and your family a favor and rent an ECV. It is worth the money and thye will be running to keep up with you

I love all of the tips on this thread, so I wanted to add something.

On Woman Within you can get 50% off of the higher priced item when you order 2 items-that might be a first time customer special :confused3 Anyway, I used this yesterday to get myself a swimsuit and a pair of cargo shorts that convert from bermudas to regular shorts.

This is the suit I picked up and I'm really hoping it does the trick, I have areas I want covered :rotfl: (of course they show a Tigger person wearing it, but I think it will work)

http://www.womanwithin.com/clothing...uctTypeId=1&PurchaseType=0#pr-header-18168__1
I love that suit but does it hsave a builtin bra? Please let me know when you get it

I just want to say that I subscribed to this thread because it was mentioned on the Dis Unplugged Disboards threads show.

I would not have known that it was here, but I'm glad that Kevin featured it as his thread.

I'm now subscribed to this thread, and am reading every single post (except for the mean one that was mentioned on the show).

Thanks to the person who started this, and to everyone who has posted.

I've read through all the posts now, and have picked up some good information about shoes. That's the problem I have - my feet HURT!

I saw so many people post about Body Glide. I just wanted to chime in and say that you can also use antipersperant. It works the same way.

I wore a pair of shorts (a little higher than mid-thigh) at Animal Kingdom, and of course, with the humidity, they rode up and I had chafing. The next time I wore the shorts again, I put a swipe of Degree on each thigh, and it didn't happen again.

Also, sometimes we get lucky in MouseGears at Epcot, and find 3X polo shirts for men. Hope this helps any men looking for casual work shirts.

Can't wait to read more posts!

Just returned from the World a couple weeks ago and wanted ro let the ladies know they are now carrying some women's t-shirts in sizes up to 3X. They are women's cut so close to the body. I bought one that fit great and is very stylish (It has a pink plaid Mickey silhouette on it) I hope this is a trend that continues and they continue to cater to us Pooh sizes!

What colors did you get? I am looking at ordering some and I don't want the light stone if they are going to be see through if they get wet on the bottom.:scared1: Also are they true to size?

Thanks!:)

They fit true to size on me. I got brown and blue. I was worried about the light stone too so I decided against ordering it. They do have the pull tight string at the waist. I tucked that into the waistband of the shorts so it wouldn't stick out so much.

They worked great on the trip. I had my Passporter Pouch around my neck and everything else went into the cargo pants pockets.

I used them twice since I've gotten home too. It's a wierd feeling to go into Walmart with only my phone, car keys and wallet in the pockets but it's very freeing. LOL

when this happens to me I use a anti-fungus cream and it takes care of it overnight

What is the name/brand of the cream you use?

I wore croc flip flops everyday for our trip last year and my feet were fine (expected level of sore but no blisters or anything) but I am thinking about ordering a pair of Teva's for this years trip to swap out with my crocs. Does anyone have any recommedations for a good floppy type hat that is still somewhat cute? It was so hot last Sept and DH & I both want to get hats for this year but I don't want a ball cap type bc I always feel hotter in those.

I am definitely pooh-sized(26/28) last year and in a 24 now, hopefully 22/24 by Sept. and rode everything last year with no problems! I was hot but we drank tons of water, sat down when we could and tried to get into the air conditioned rides for every few outdoor rides. This year we plan on taking breaks during the day bc that was our biggest mistake last year.

Thanks to all those who posted about Woman Within. Finding petite plus sizes can be a giant PITA, but they had a really great selection of nice light fabrics, in some really cute patterns.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter