The Everything Pooh Sized Thread

Does anyone have suggestions for shoes during the summer at Disney. I am a new annual passholder and I would love to get something to wear during the summer. I need support since I am "pooh" sized. Tennis shoes are too hot any good sandals that offer a lot of support?

Does anyone have suggestions for shoes during the summer at Disney. I am a new annual passholder and I would love to get something to wear during the summer. I need support since I am "pooh" sized. Tennis shoes are too hot any good sandals that offer a lot of support?

People either love them or hate them, but I LOVE my crocs. I have six pairs that I rotate through. They will get the ultimate test at Disney. However, a couple of years ago, I wore them walking several miles around NYC, and they were the only reason my feet and knees survived.

I am also a crocs lover - I prefer the Crocs Off Roads or Scutes. The Off Roads have more support and the Scutes have a double layer sole so its extra cushiony - found this out when I had a bout with plantar fascitis. I found even the Caymans have better support than the beaches for me...but everyone is different!!

Wow! I wrote down so many web site to check out from this thread! I don't know what bag to bring (in 2 weeks) for my first adult trip since kids. I also hate getting sweatty and having a damp bra. I have bot been able to wear flip flops (something between my big toe and the 2nd toe) since I was a very young child, they always were so very uncomfortable and even hurt my toes. Two weeks ago a friend of mine took me to JC Pennys for adidas flip flops, but 1 get the 2nd pair for 44 cents. I was in such pain walking around the mall that night-I kept thinking why did I buy these horrible flip flops. The next morning I slipped them on the take the garbage out quickly and they were not sooo bad. I have not put any other shoes on since then-I love them. BUT I cannot walk fast or they are not feeling the best. I think I will bring them for atleast the airports and pool. I need to always carry another pair of shoes and keep switcing them during the day, I also CANNOT let my shoes of any kind get wet, I walked barefoot from Epcot to DHS in 2008 during a rain of about 2 hours.:guilty:

Waterproof Keens!!

My husband & I made the plunge and purchased a pair each about a month ago. I do like these. So comfy and stands up to lots of walking (so far, knock-on-wood) without my feet aching afterwards. I cannot wear flipflops or other flat-style shoes.

I was a crocs lover and wore them all last year on our trip but I just finally bought a pair of Teva Terra Fi3's and they are awesome! Way more support than my crocs. I was starting to have some foot/hip pain and I think the crocs were part of the reason as I wear them 95% of the time (well that and the extra weight!). I will probably buy a couple new pair of croc flip flops for the water park or walking around the resort, etc. but I really love the Tevas.

I know you said no tennis shoes but I also bought a pair of New Balance 993s to replace my 991s and all I can say is WOW. My feet, legs and back just feel so much better when I have these on so I am definitely taking them to Disney for the days I know we won't get wet and there is no rain in the forecast (Epcot, DHS). I might even have DH put my crocs or Tevas in the backpack and wear these most of the time bc of how much better I feel when & after wearing them.

I :love: New Balance, and use them all my shoes save for my pool/hotel hallway shoes- those are a pair of faux birkenstocks that I've had since college. :goodvibes The sales people never have issues with my wide width and unlike in other stores I have never been made to feel uncomfortable. I do go the actual NB stores when I wear out my shoes instead of picking them up at other places due to the option of getting the wider widths- I can't remember the kind I have for conferences/walking but they have webbing that gives all sorts of air through the shoe, a stability bar in the bottom, and my wonderful shoelaces from Hot Topic...

Best thing at the New Balance store I go to though is the people. When I went last week to replace my work shoes (getting foot and leg pain), they took a look (I had brought them in to compare to the new styles), and instead of selling me the new pair of shoes, they tried out just replacing the insoles of the old shoes. Said to give it a try, because it looked like I just wore out the inside support, not the outer part of the shoe (the tread? )... It worked, they feel good as new! So now instead of just chucking the old shoes when my feet/legs hurt and dropping $$$ for new shoes, I can get insoles at 1/3 of the price or less... Bought another set of insoles and tried them on a pair of NB tennis shoes that had started to make my feet hurt, and BOOM- they're back to being my favorites again! And they have a happy customer who's going to come back over and over! :cloud9:

NB does have sport sandal-type shoes, but I've never been brave enough to try them... I'm just more comfortable in my tennis shoes... I'd wear them to work (well wait, they're NB so I guess technically I DO wear them to work!!! ).... :woohoo:

I have another question. I recently learned you could rent Surrey Bikes (I think that's what they are called) where like 2-4 people ride together. Has anyone pooh sized had any issue fitting on these things or being able to ride? I am wondering if DH & I could both fit on it together.

What an awesome thread! Thanks for sharing the woman within website, I had never heard of it and spend over an hour "window" shopping last night! I have been so worried I wouldn't be able to find a sundress to wear on our Disney cruise that we're taking a few days before we go to MK. Now I'm having the issue of I can't pick just one!

Question about the woman within size charts, I am a 24w sometimes a 26w and almost always need to buy a 3x and sometimes larger depending on the brand. According to their chart this size would be a 2X with their company. Is this correct? Their size chart says a 3X is 28/30W and would probably be too large for me. Has anyone had any experience with ordering the 2 and 3X sizes through them and what size should I order?

What an awesome thread! Thanks for sharing the woman within website, I had never heard of it and spend over an hour "window" shopping last night! I have been so worried I wouldn't be able to find a sundress to wear on our Disney cruise that we're taking a few days before we go to MK. Now I'm having the issue of I can't pick just one!

Question about the woman within size charts, I am a 24w sometimes a 26w and almost always need to buy a 3x and sometimes larger depending on the brand. According to their chart this size would be a 2X with their company. Is this correct? Their size chart says a 3X is 28/30W and would probably be too large for me. Has anyone had any experience with ordering the 2 and 3X sizes through them and what size should I order?

In my experience with Woman Within sizes their 2X is a 26/28 which is what I wear. It is possible these may be a little large for you depending on the fit you like. You may want to look at their size charts and see what size your measurements fit, you may only be 1X. :flower3:

Every year we go and and rent the bikes. I am a size 20-22 and have no problem renting and riding them. I have found there is plenty of room.

I haven't been on TOT in a few trips (once it was down, then I wasn't feeling well ...) and I'm totally stressing about the seatbelts... I'm stressing about ALL rides with seatbelts, actually. I got turned away from the river raft ride here at storyland because the belt was like an inch too short. I carry all my weight in my midsection. Soooo, are there any rides I should avoid so I'm not mortifingly embarrassed like I was at that river raft ride?

Thanks everyone! I LOVE this thread (and am going to read page by page tonite when I have time, so I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered :) )

Stop stressing. Stand in front of the seat with your back to it. Pull the seat belt allllllllll the way out. Sit. Fasten. Adjust. Ride. Screeeeeeeeeeeemmmmmmmmmmm! Enjoy! :teeth:

I haven't been on TOT in a few trips (once it was down, then I wasn't feeling well ...) and I'm totally stressing about the seatbelts... I'm stressing about ALL rides with seatbelts, actually. I got turned away from the river raft ride here at storyland because the belt was like an inch too short. I carry all my weight in my midsection. Soooo, are there any rides I should avoid so I'm not mortifingly embarrassed like I was at that river raft ride?

Thanks everyone! I LOVE this thread (and am going to read page by page tonite when I have time, so I apologize in advance if this question has already been answered :) )

Im a size 22 and my DH wears a 50 pants and we have no problems with the seat belts - like they said - pull the seatbelt all the way out as you sit down - it comes out really far. Now, on Kali, I dont think we could sit together, so sit with a kiddo next to you or say you want a seat by yourself and you will be fine!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!

QUESTION - has anyone ever been to Disneyland????????? I'd love some info on that and size restrictions....thanks!!

I took a large stuffed Minnie Mouse. Cut a slit down middle. Took some stuffing out . Sewed 3 sides of a t-shirt together. Bast sticthed it inside for a pocket.Added velcro to close. Sewed on Long straps. I had my own large Disney bag that fit. ME. Got so many comments on it. Everyone wanted to know where I got it. Had to make another though for my DD to use as a pajama bag. Hmmm....Maybe I should make more and pay for park tickets for next trip. I'd probably get in trouble for that though. Oh well just a thought.

I have a smaller Christmas Mickey that I am going to try that on. Lynn said that we could carry him to the Christmas party if nothing else. I hope that it turns out ok.
What kind of T-shirt did you use? I was thinking of using tshirt material.
Thanks for the idea

I purchase most of my casual and park touring clothing from Casual Male. It's not the cheapest clothing out there, but the clothes are well made and holds up really well. I love their cargo shorts because there is a ton of room in those pockets and I get to skip the bag check lines.

This year, I splurged. I went to Zazzle and created Disney customized shirts for my trip. I was pleased with the quality of the shirts that were delivered and also the final outcome of the entire product. Luckily, I had a great discount code to help keep the cost down even further. :thumbsup2

I use New Balance shoes in the parks and I usually have two pair to switch out. I also have a pair of Chaco Sandals that I absolutely love.

I usually wear the same bra in the parks that I wear everyday. I have worn a Playtex bra ever since I had the need to wear one from the beginning. I am not stopping now. I usually get mine through Just My Size.

I like the Medi Peds diabetic socks because they are super soft, don't cut into my legs, and they just fit better overall. I usually pick them up at Walmart.

While I have never tried Body Glide, I do find that Monostat Anti-Chafing Relief Gel is absolutely awesome for preventing chafing. I love the stuff. I usually can find it at Walmart. Why they market it in the same area with the regular Monostat products, I am not quite sure of, but when I can find it on the shelf, I usally buy several.

I have never been much of a purse kind of a person. However at WDW, I have been known to carry a backpack or a messenger bag. Both are no name products and both of them came from Walmart. I love them both and thankfully, they have both held up very well through the years. Heck, the backpack I have had since college, which makes it over 20 years old.

I usually end up renting an ECV from Walker Mobility due to a leg infection that I had about 3 years ago that has left my leg with really bad circulation and it swells alot when I am hot or when I stand or walk for very long. Thankfully, Walker offers scooters that will carry my Pooh sized keister.

I am a big fan of the info that Deb Wills has collected over on Allears because had I never found her site, I might not have found my love for all things Disney again. Her site is a gift that I can never thank her enough for. :flower3:

I feel very fortunate to be going to WDW in a couple of weeks. I have lost 70 pounds since I was there in December. I have a new outlook on life, thanks to finally being properly medicated for my thyroid & depression issues. But most of all, I get to spend some quality time with my partner of the past 11 years. She is my gift from God and I love to see the light of her inner child beaming through her eyes like it does so often while we are at WDW.

I have been to WDW just about ever year since 2001. I will gladly give input wherever it's needed. :grouphug:

Im a size 22 and my DH wears a 50 pants and we have no problems with the seat belts - like they said - pull the seatbelt all the way out as you sit down - it comes out really far. Now, on Kali, I dont think we could sit together, so sit with a kiddo next to you or say you want a seat by yourself and you will be fine!!!!! HAVE FUN!!!

THANKS!!! I feel much better about the rides now and am getting excited!!!

My dd is very much into "the boys and the girls" ... so she and I are 'partners' for most rides, which is fine by me :cutie: although my dh is a skinny minny so he and I together on a ride isn't squishy :)

:wizard:

Hi All,

I've read through all the posts here and gotten some great tips for my pooh-sized self. I can agree that I've never had problems fitting on a ride at WDW, and I'm sure I would at other amusement parks.

I wanted to chime in shoe ideas. I just bought a pair of Teva Mush and am excited to wear them on our upcoming trip. But I also just bought a new pair of the flip flops I have been wearing for over a year, and I LOVE them! They are Speedo flip flops, and the strap part across your feet is STRETCHY! I have wide feet, and have a hard time finding shoes to fit right. These fit super good, and they are not even "wides". I love the pair I have, but when I went and bought my new pair at KOHL'S last week I couldn't believe how cushioned and bouncy the new pair is! I'm not sure if they changed them, or if the old pair just got all worn down over the past year. Probably the latter. Anyhow, no problem if your feet get hot and swell in them since the strap is stretchy. And they are super comfy.

Looking forward to my trip! And then when I'm home and sad I will write my trip report to keep the MAGIC alive!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter