• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

The EPIC AKV Photo Report!

THANK YOU for your wonderful report! We just added on at AKV today and were already excited but after reading your report, I am even more thrilled!
:goodvibes

Great pictures. Thanks for sharing. It's great that you found your "home."

Thank You for sharing your family's vacation.

You've made me rethink if I had made the right decision adding on to our home resort and maybe we should have bought AKV. Hmmmmmm Maybe I'm going to have to sell and buy again.

Thanks too for the pictures !!!!

Wow, Starbox! Fantastic pictures and TR!! We just added on this past week at AKV after visiting the models at SSR on our recent trip. It's great to see that the studio room looks like the model one we saw. :) Your pictures solidify that we made the perfect decision to add at AKV!! Can't wait to stay in one of those SV rooms!! Great job! :thumbsup2

Thanks Starbox for taking time out your busy "back home from vacation" schedule to share your trip and pics with us.

I hope to stay at AKV in December 2008 and your trip report and pics have made me very excited!!

All I can say is WOW!!! for the trip report,photos and the resort!! We own at BW and have all the points we can handle right now but are trying very hard to work our points to be able to stay at AKV when Kidani opens. You really captured the spirit of the resort and the cast members....I really felt the magic your family experienced!!Thanks!!

Wonderful TR Starbox!:cloud9: AKL has always been my favorite Disney Resort (along with GF) so when AKV was announced we added on right away. Our first stay at AKV will be for our youngest DD's 5th birthday trip in August!princess: We will be staying at our beloved SSR for the 5th consecutive time in November. After reading your TR, I wonder if we will ever go back.:wizard:

Now I feel a serious case of addonitis coming on!

DH and I have never been to AKL, we never seem to make the time as we tend to be park commandos with the kids.

BUT when we go (ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!!!) this time with NO KIDS we had said we would make time to go explore AKL. I also want to eat at JIKO or Boma, but haven't made ADRs yet--hopefully we'll get in.

Thanks so much for a wonderful report and those pics!

WOW!!!! Thank you Starbox for this wonderful report. This has definitely got me doing the :cool1: dance for my upcoming Jan 2008 AKV trip!!!! I also have reserved a Studio w. Savannah View and your room pics solidified that I made the right choice.

Also thank you for posting the information about all the activities. I am definitely going to allow for more resort time this trip and take it all in.

This won't be my first time visiting AKL because we go to Boma every trip but the thought of staying there makes me :cloud9: !!!

Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much for posting this...and all of these details! It seems like staying here is an "experience" and not just a place to sleep. :) We stayed at BWV our last trip in Jan., and I just can't imagine staying in a regular room again. We are not DVC owners, but rented, and it worked out really well for us. I hope on our next trip we will be able to stay here.

Does anyone know when exactly the villa project should be complete...with the new pool area and everything?

Thanks again!

All I can say is how glad I am I did buy into AKV!! :yay: I sent this link to some friends as our first night is at AKV as we get settled, buy tickets, and just let their kids kick back for a day. We begin our park trip the next day and a move to VWL. They are so excited about AKV--the kids don't know yet so that will be a HUGE surprise. :rolleyes1 Their 3 year old is enthralled with the pictures from AKV asking her mom when she can stay there--never been to Disney and already hooked on AKV!! I see a future DVC owner!!

SimbaCub
Thanksgiving VWL
AKV 1 night followed by 6 nights at VWL with friends the week before Christmas

Thank you so much for posting this...and all of these details! It seems like staying here is an "experience" and not just a place to sleep. :) We stayed at BWV our last trip in Jan., and I just can't imagine staying in a regular room again. We are not DVC owners, but rented, and it worked out really well for us. I hope on our next trip we will be able to stay here.

Does anyone know when exactly the villa project should be complete...with the new pool area and everything?

Thanks again!

Kidani Village is scheduled to open in early 2009. :cloud9:

BUT when we go (ONE WEEK FROM TODAY!!!!!) this time with NO KIDS we had said we would make time to go explore AKL. I also want to eat at JIKO or Boma, but haven't made ADRs yet--hopefully we'll get in.
It is very difficult to get into Boma on short notice, unless you don't mind eating dinner after 9pm. If you want to try it this trip, call now for an ADR! Good luck!

Hey Starbox, are you an advertising employee for DVC? With that trip report and pictures along with Disneys DREAM book, how could you possibly not buy in or add-on? WOW!

Hey Starbox, are you an advertising employee for DVC? With that trip report and pictures along with Disneys DREAM book, how could you possibly not buy in or add-on? WOW!

:goodvibes :lmao: :rotfl: :goodvibes

You know, I knew that everyone was anxious for details about AKV so I planned to take lots of photos and do a longer and more detailed trip report, but I honestly was not expecting to have such an incredible stay. We've never had a bad trip to WDW, but this last trip was the best we've ever had - and the lodge played a big part in making it extra-special. I am one of those people that has not been a big AKV cheerleader - because I had a few big misgivings about the resort and wanted to wait and see how it all panned out. I was not going to add-on prior to staying there once, but the extra sleeping chair in a one bedroom and a good incentive deal for us inticed me to buy in earlier and just hope that I'd like the resort.

My biggest worry was that I'd feel "stuck" at night. As much as I loved the way VWL looked, it was really quiet at night and I ended up feeling restless. I imagined that AKV would be like that but times ten, since it's only close to a park that shuts down. I was really thrilled to find so many activities taking place between 8-11:30 pm. The main pool is actually open 24 hours in addition to being staffed by lifeguards until 10pm and the savanna viewing areas are staffed by guides (we think) 24 hours. I never saw them without a guide. They also don't put all the animals away at night. :thumbsup2

Anyway, DH has been pretty indulgent about me buying DVC - we split bills and DVC is one of "my purchases" but he's never really been all that into it. After this trip and him experiencing AKV, I think I could ask him if he wanted to buy a few more AKV points and he'd do it. :rotfl:

If you are considering a purchase or add-on, I say go for it!!!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter