The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

Jisht popped in to shay how mush I’ve luuuved the update, shlossshhed or otherwise! Hic!
:rotfl2: Usually I find tipsy notes are best enjoyed tipsy. You may want to try that next time :earboy2:

but I can’t see us getting back to the US and WDW for the next few years or so. :sad: So, I’m still living vicariously through your wonderful foodie adventures
Happy to help in any small way. Hopefully you can get back over here sooner rather than later 😢

Okay, now I’m hungry. Off to find something I can eat in a Disney mug, flask, bowl etc.
Hope for your sake you found the flask and poured it into the mug while you snacked on something good out of the bowl :-)

OMG CASEY MET A FOOD SHE DIDN'T LIKE!!!!!!!!!!! :scared1: :rotfl2::rotfl:Well I ain't even trying that one cos if the lass who ate a cricket (or was it a grasshopper) makes that face, well I'm not going to doubt her judgement!
I was seriously betting on it wouldn't happen but apparently salty and spicy pineapple was just too much for even a grasshopper eating girl :rotfl2:

Thanks Casey for saving me a world of pain and tahini pineapple!
Tajin silly. Pretty sure even I would pass on pineapple and hummus :rotfl2:

Though that randomly reminds for lunch every day my father eats this disgusting concoction of cottage cheese, hummus, avocado, cranberries, carrots and like 5 other things that he read were healthy. I'm sure they all are but pretty sure that doesn't mean they should be eaten together :scared1:

Love me some tipsy notes! Even funnier when you're 3/4 way through dry January and haven't caved and wandered up the road to the golf club bar or down the road to any one of a number of bars/restaurants (hold on while i shine my halo :littleangel:))
Wow! That is impressive right there. Pretty sure you deserve about a million halos. Though my guess is this guy is right around the corner

giphy.gif

I feel like the tipsy notes are legendary here on the DIS! We all love them.
Ah shucks thanks :blush:

I definitely went back and reread that to Wayne's World. :rotfl:
So glad you get me. 30 years later Waynes World never gets old

It will always be "Steve Shrimp". Bill will have to take one for the team and try it in March. This girl does not eat bugs, lol.
How did I not know that you didn't eat shrimp??? I know you eat fish all the time. But I'm guessing the bug reference should tell me something :earboy2:

Nemo, Soarin' and Spaceship Earth!
Congratulations. You have officially graduated from tipsy note university :drinking1

Just getting caught up. When we get back I most look in to trying Topolino's for dinner .Every review I have seen has raved about the place.
You seriously should. We've been 4 times now and it does not disappoint. It and Wine Bar George are officially Casey's favorites and she made sure we got both on our last trip. Not that it took much convincing

Love the tipsy notes. Scarry thing is I could understand most of them with out the recap.
Scary. Amazing. Fine line :rotfl2:

I love Salmon but with Goat Cheese ( which I also love) just sounded like a NO to me. And if they want to add a Chutney maybe Mango or Pineapple would go better. I have Salmon filet at restaurants with them and it worked well.
That would definitely go better. Clearly no one had tried this thing first because these flavors just did not go together

And I was beginning to think -->:scared1: but thrilled to hear you recovered from that potential misstep!
Is it wrong that with a 12 day trip I consider it a mishap that there is only 1 of them :confused3

I knew immediately who must have been in your company that day :rotfl:
Sadly they were only there in spirit but you know lots of shrimp pics were getting texted to NY

It really boggles my mind why they don't consult with you before naming things. They really are missing out on some fantastic marketing opportunities.
I know, right? One would think after my years of sending very nicely worded emails to the Walt Disney Company someone would have recognized my writing genius and pulled me into the fold :rotfl2:

Umm, because he has good taste maybe?
Or maybe he had terrible gastrointestinal issues and was just happy to be eating anything. Oh wait that wasn't him:rotfl2:

Aw :love: Great pic of you all!
Thanks! It was so good to spend time with them

It's wouldn't be a kastoney trip report without them!
It wouldn't be a Kari life without them :drinking1

For some strange reason I think Gwen might actually like this... It is bad that, that was one of your favorite things from the festival, that isn't that crazy.
I figured Casey would have liked it too so I was surprised she didn't. But all the more for us. And yes it says a lot about the festival (or lack there of) that pineapple was our favorite item. Though we do go back and find another contender. But its a random one too

I was just thinking that! I actually knew what you were going for...
Cause ya know me so well :-)

I seriously love this report :)
Thank you. I seriously love that you seriously love it :D

I just want you to know you're my hero! :) My absolute favorite drink at Disney World that I never would have known to order without your reviews is the Annapurna Zing at Nomad Lounge. I tried for the first time in Dec '19 and craved every since.
Wow, thanks so much!!!! Isn't the Annapurna a thing of beauty. Seriously one fo the best drinks ever. Glad you enjoy it as much as me.

'm currently working on figuring out my dining plans for my early summer girls trip with my mom (82) and daughter(15). Your reviews help so much! Thank you for posting these reviews.
What a fun trip!!!!! You'll have to let me know what you end up picking. These days there are so many good places its hard to pick

Happy Saturday Everyone! Hope everyone is staying warm. Seems it doesn't matter where you are today its cold just about everywhere.

I'll work on getting another trip installment done later this weekend but wanted to post a couple of quick pictures from our trip last weekend. We went to Austin, TX to visit my brother and really got into the lone star spirit.

And did our part to Keep Austin Weird

Beyond all the fun, there was of course FOOD. Austin is an amazing food city and while our options were a little limited because we weren't eating indoors we still managed to try some delicious eats.

First up we have Kolaches, which were a new find for us. These are apparently a traditionally Czech pastry made of a sweet dough with fruit fillings, but of course Texas found a way to make it totally their own by stuffing them for breakfast.

We had these filled with all sorts of eggs, sausage, chorizo, jalapeno's, and even some sausage gravy. They were the perfect blend of sweet and savory and so good.

Next up I ordered a Mexican torta. Thinking I was ordering a tostada, I was very surprised to get a sandwich loaded with pork and drowned in a spicy tomato sauce.

Thankfully that surprise was a good one as this was delicious. A little odd in texture because the bread was literally soaked with sauce, but this would definitely be a perfect midnight snack after a night of tipsiness.

We also found a very Homecoming-esque place that served the best biscuits I have seriously ever had. Forgot to snap a pick so stole this one from the internet so you could see their carbohydrate wonder.

Art would be proud.

And of course it wouldn't be a trip to Texas without some BBQ.

This is from a place called LA Barbecue and was most definitely the best brisket I have ever had. Even the fat that I normally loathe was smoky scrumptiousness.

On the bad side Casey thought this sounded like a good soda to try.

It was not.

And last but not least, thought I would share my soon to be famous chex mix. This is my brothers absolute favorite and Casey and I made not 1, not 2 but 3 batches for him.

I amp up all the traditional chex mix flavors and add some Tabasco for good measure and this is the perfect drinking snack.

Your WCC lunch looks good! I am looking forward to staying at the WL in April and we might go to WCC while we're there. We had dinner there once, but that was years ago. I'm really looking forward to trying Geyser Point since I've never been there.

Love the Tipsy notes and the Wayne' World reference!

Looks like a fun trip to Austin. I had never had kolaches before we moved to Omaha. The place we get them at has savory ones too.

First up we have Kolaches, which were a new find for us. These are apparently a traditionally Czech pastry made of a sweet dough with fruit fillings, but of course Texas found a way to make it totally their own by stuffing them for breakfast.
We had these filled with all sorts of eggs, sausage, chorizo, jalapeno's, and even some sausage gravy. They were the perfect blend of sweet and savory and so good.
I grew up with authentic Kolaches and they are exactly as you describe - and delicious. It seems like people must like the name Kolache because they seem to be calling all kinds of food a Kolache, even if it is really a pig in a blanket. ;)
I amp up all the traditional chex mix flavors and add some Tabasco for good measure and this is the perfect drinking snack.
I like the addition of nuts to your mix. :)

Though that randomly reminds for lunch every day my father eats this disgusting concoction of cottage cheese, hummus, avocado, cranberries, carrots and like 5 other things that he read were healthy. I'm sure they all are but pretty sure that doesn't mean they should be eaten together :scared1:
:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I used to read Weightwatchers magazine while eating a mars bar and a bag of Tayto much to my husbands amusement. As if somehow just reading the magazine would make me thinner:rotfl:
Wow! That is impressive right there. Pretty sure you deserve about a million halos. Though my guess is this guy is right around the corner

giphy.gif
Well I made it to the 29th but I have an excellent reason lol. We went out to dinner to celebrate the boy’s 15th birthday and given how it was my efforts that got him into this world I reckoned I deserved to celebrate with a cocktail. I had a bramble but couldn’t taste the gin enough so I followed it with a straight g&t just to make sure there was actually alcohol in there :rotfl:

Last edited:
Looks like a delicious visit!!

This is my brothers absolute favorite and Casey and I made not 1, not 2 but 3 batches for him.
Oh, YUM!! My brother makes Chex Mix for me every Christmas, but it's all chex. This looks amazing--would love your recipe if you're not keeping it under wraps!

Sounds like a great visit with your brother.
It was! Wish he lived closer but I'll take what I can get

Your WCC lunch looks good! I am looking forward to staying at the WL in April and we might go to WCC while we're there. We had dinner there once, but that was years ago. I'm really looking forward to trying Geyser Point since I've never been there.
Oh so jealous you get to stay at WL. It is my absolute favorite resort but the price just hasn't been right lately. Definitely prioritize Geyser over WCC. We love them both but to sit on the water and sip some drinks at Geyser is one of my favorite Disney experiences.

Looks like a fun trip to Austin. I had never had kolaches before we moved to Omaha. The place we get them at has savory ones too.
Wow! I had no idea these were a thing outside of Austin. Sounds like Omaha must have a pretty good food scene too

Love reading your trip report!! We love Disney dining and drinks as well!!
Thanks Michele! Appreciate you reading along

I grew up with authentic Kolaches and they are exactly as you describe - and delicious. It seems like people must like the name Kolache because they seem to be calling all kinds of food a Kolache, even if it is really a pig in a blanket. ;)
:rotfl2: I'm surprised I hadn't had them before now (or at least that I can recall). My Mom was half Czech so I grew up eating all kids of halusky, sauerkraut, pierogi, nut rolls, and even a pig in a blanket or two but never this one.

:rotfl2::rotfl2::rotfl2:I used to read Weightwatchers magazine while eating a mars bar and a bag of Tayto much to my husbands amusement. As if somehow just reading the magazine would make me thinner:rotfl:
:rotfl2: Now that is a new one. You'll have to submit that to Oprah so you can star in her next commercial

Well I made it to the 29th but I have an excellent reason lol. We went out to dinner to celebrate the boy’s 15th birthday and given how it was my efforts that got him into this world I reckoned I deserved to celebrate with a cocktail. I had a bramble but couldn’t taste the gin enough so I followed it with a straight g&t just to make sure there was actually alcohol in there :rotfl:
That is 28 days more than me so I am very, very proud of you. And we must drink on the day of our childrens birth. Take it from the lady who may or may not have had a drink in the delivery room :drinking1

Oh, YUM!! My brother makes Chex Mix for me every Christmas, but it's all chex. This looks amazing--would love your recipe if you're not keeping it under wraps!
Too funny. I make it for my brother every Christmas too. Somehow its not Christmas until the smell of chex mix is wafting through the house. I didn't make it this year since he wasn't home and Casey was none too happy.

I'd be happy to send you the recipe. One of the few I have because if I don't measure its come out so spicy we could barely eat it.

What a fun trip! Glad you were able to enjoy some delicious food without having to dine indoors lol
It was so nice. They had a lot of "good" restaurants with online ordering and to go so it worked out well

More Flowers and Gardens and Drinks, Oh My

Before I get to the next update I wanted to share @Jenny Sanders latest food review of Toledo where a very special food reporter joined them.

I don't want to give away any surprises but she's ten, loves sushi, and may share some DNA with yours truly :earboy2:
_________________________________________________________________________________________

After a lateish night getting our flower and garden on we elected to sleep in and head right back to Epcot. We are not morning people so their 11 am open time is our kind of schedule.

We wasted no time getting right back to the food and started with some breakfast treats at the Sunshine Griddle. From left to right we have the Cinnamon Roll Bites, Fruit Loop Milkshake, and Corned Beef Brisket Hash.

Starting with the cinnamon roll bites these little packages of deliciousness were fried, not baked, which resulted in a crispy outside and gooey inside and was everything I didn't know I needed in an already perfect treat. Unfortunately decidedly not perfect was what I'll affectionately call salmonella hash. The egg itself was runny in not a good way and the brisket pieces were mostly fat. It had promise if executed well but this cardboard tray full of fat and runny egg whites was an epic fail.

Thankfully this was made up for by our second favorite item of the festival, the Fruit Loop Milkshake.

Basic and childish I know but this was so good. Having not had fruitloops in probably 30 or 40 years it was everything I didn't know I needed to be transported back to the sugar filled cereal era that was the 80's.

Bellies full we soared around the world, took a mission to space, and hung out with a very excitable dragon before yet another storm started moving in. Rather than suit up we decided to go into the Festival Center to eat and drink the rain way.

Guess someone didn't get the memo.

Inside we found the Festival Favorites booth which was aptly named as it was our favorite of the festival. Here we ordered the Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, Feta, and Balsamic Reduction.

I make something similar at home and this is a refreshing combo of sweet and salty with a hint of bitterness from the arugula. Delish!

We also shared the Brisket Burnt Ends and Smoked Pork Belly Slider with Garlic Sausage, Chorizo, Cheddar Fondue, and House-made Pickle.

I'm happy to report this brisket wasn't fatty but that is all I can report because this guy wasn't sharing.

He did at least share the frozen lemonade with blackberry moonshine with me.

We also tried the Farmers Feast booth and shared the Tomato and Cornbread Panzanella with Burrata Cheese and Fresh Basil.

This was a new take on a panzanella for me and the sweet cornbread and creamy burrata were a great combination.

To wash this down Jason and I shared the 81 Bay Watermelon & Mint Wheat Beer.

This was neither watermelon, nor mint, but it was beer.

When the rain let up we ventured around the showcase and had a few worldly snacks along the way.

In Japan Casey tried a few pandas :earboy2:

In Mexico she had this delicious water taco.
IMG_4576.jpg

And followed it up with some Bubble Tea from Joy of Tea in China.

While Jason and I shared the Mango Gingerita. Casey was thrilled with her sweet concoction but Jason and I not so much. This pre-mixed sugary mess and not our joy or cup of tea :D

Up next, a little 🍤 and some 🍞 with a side of 🥃

Last edited:
Now that is a new one. You'll have to submit that to Oprah so you can star in her next commercial
:rotfl2: :rotfl2::rotfl2:I can see it now lol
That is 28 days more than me so I am very, very proud of you. And we must drink on the day of our childrens birth. Take it from the lady who may or may not have had a drink in the delivery room :drinking1
Ooh I like your style ! If only I'd thought of that lol Used to be you got a guiness or two in the maternity wards in Ireland for it's "medicinal" benefits :drinking1Before my time though we did give our patients in general medical a wee brandy or sherry to whet their appetite in 1984
Somehow its not Christmas until the smell of chex mix is wafting through the house.
Never had chex mix but it looks and sounds like something I'd like'

Casey is a dote! She did a brilliant job reviewing the food. Can't wait to hear what she has to say about House of Blues. Doubt she'll find any sprouts but you never know I guess. Such a great girl altogether :goodvibes
Looks like a pretty decent time was had the next day at epcot even if it was somewhat damp. Jason really knows how to wear a poncho with style :rotfl:

Cinnamon roll bites sound delicious. That water taco is about as close as I'd get my son to eating a taco. They most definitely do not have a palate like Casey :sad::rotfl:
I did not know you could make froot loops any more sugary and then I saw your milkshake :rotfl:

Basic and childish I know but this was so good. Having not had fruitloops in probably 30 or 40 years it was everything I didn't know I needed to be transported back to the sugar filled cereal era that was the 80's.
I would have thought for sure you wouldn't have liked that. You just never know.

IMG_4576.jpg
Delish!

Loved Casey's review of Toledo! I made my ADRs for our April trip the other day and decided to try Toledo. I'm really looking forward to it especially after watching the video! I am planning to try the octopus too. Not sure I've ever had it before. I know my 14 yr old would have tried it before she became vegan. She was always an adventurous eater too. Not sure if my 9 yr old will try it, but we always encourage her to try new foods.

The food at Epcot looks so good (well, except for the runny egg white of course).

Wow, Casey is a natural you-tuber! I bet it won't be long before we see her having her own channel…though none of her target audience probably even comes close to eating like her!

Why didn't you get in there so we could see some LIVE tipsy reporting??

this cardboard tray full of fat and runny egg whites was an epic fail.

Ew…yuck.

IMG_4576.jpg

:rotfl2:

I'm forgot I was reading a Flower and Garden report and it makes me so happy to see, even though we won't be going this year. After going again to Food and Wine in October, I've cemented my decision that Flower and Garden is the best. We will definitely be going again next year :love::flower1::flower:

Happy Saturday Everyone! Hope everyone is staying warm. Seems it doesn't matter where you are today its cold just about everywhere.
This weather is bananas! The only thing keeping me going is that 5 weeks from today I will be on a plane on my way to Disney!
Those sound so good! I have never heard of them before.
We also found a very Homecoming-esque place that served the best biscuits I have seriously ever had. Forgot to snap a pick so stole this one from the internet so you could see their carbohydrate wonder.
Delish!
And last but not least, thought I would share my soon to be famous chex mix. This is my brothers absolute favorite and Casey and I made not 1, not 2 but 3 batches for him.
Yum! One of my friends makes awesome Chex mix and it is one of my favourites!
More days than me too! Well done, Moira! I had thoughts of doing a dry February then I went to the pub for dinner last night. Now I'm drinking wine. Oh well!
I'd be happy to send you the recipe. One of the few I have because if I don't measure its come out so spicy we could barely eat it.
Me too please!
I don't want to give away any surprises but she's ten, loves sushi, and may share some DNA with yours truly :earboy2:
Casey was the BEST!
It had promise if executed well but this cardboard tray full of fat and runny egg whites was an epic fail.
Even the picture makes it look disgusting!
Inside we found the Festival Favorites booth which was aptly named as it was our favorite of the festival. Here we ordered the Watermelon Salad with Pickled Onions, Feta, and Balsamic Reduction.
Now that looks good!
Why didn't you get in there so we could see some LIVE tipsy reporting??
This is the question of the century!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter