The Dirty Dozen – 12 Days of Disney, Drinks & Dining - Updated 2/26

How in the word did I not know that Tayto Park existed. My whole family is currently googling said park. Initial reaction loving the mascot but sadly disappointed in the lack of potato themed attractions. Though the grave yard neighbor is an interesting selling point :confused3
Only in Ireland would they put a graveyard on the way into a theme park. Mind you there are still some pubs that have the undertakers attached 🤣. Used to be a common thing but less so now. My husband still talks about the day he was a sales rep for a drinks company (early 1990s) and he called to a pub in Carlingford and asked to see the owner. He was told he was “round the back” and so round he went only to find him laid out in his coffin! 😱🤣. He still got a sale mind- just not from the main man 🤣
Seriously? A potato chip sandwich? What other wonderful accompaniments went on this "sandwich"?
Simetimes just crisps! I know- shocker! But if you’re feeling flash you can stick a bit of cooked ham in there which is even more delicious 😋
Just for the record we don’t eat all three like that photo- 2 bits of bread and butter with crisps in the middle is the way to go 👍

915B27E7-95D6-4E76-A18E-8F27EE5AF6F8.jpeg
76961B41-AFE1-4EA9-988E-1A2523615D7A.jpeg
We did a lot of that on this trip for the first time too though our trip last month we were back to our usual wingeing it style :rotfl: But I had forgotten to make SciFi so it became a game to find it
Glad you (Jason) got your Sci fi fix. I miss the days when you just turned up at the park and decided where to eat that day. I loved those interactive things they had at Epcot where you picked your food type and they gave you options. Now I sound like a grumpy old git 🤣

Last edited:
Your meal at Toppolino’s sounds amazing and Casey is a wee star for lasting 3 hours! Good food and great company ! What more could a body want! :goodvibes

I would not have guessed Sci-Fi as Jason's favorite restaurant. Interesting. I haven't been in years (like I think the servers were still wearing roller skates) but not for any particular reason. I may have to switch it up and give it a go. Is that Jason's pick for best burger on property? I am always game for a good burger.
They wore roller skates????? I had no idea. Now that I would have paid to see.

SciFi is definitely one of Jason's favorite burgers. He is also a big fan of D-Luxe burger and the burger at Geyser Point.

I really hope that at some point they open the bar out there and allow walk-ups ... although not sure how that would work for fireworks as it would be a very hot ticket and I think you'd have to give priority to those in the dining room.
That would be great if they did, but it would unquestionably get crowded. We walked up to the bar last month and just grabbed a table in the lounge area. We were the only ones in there and I was really surprised. Of course its not outside but as good as this place is odd that the bar was empty.

hat ricotta is the stuff dreams are made of. It sounds so basic but it's tremendous.
Perfectly said. I could never have imagined how good it was. We've been 4 times now and its a must every time. In fact that was Casey's only special request for our entire last trip.

Glad your dad is continuing to improve.
Thank you!

Will you guys be there the first week of April? Then Jason and I can have our date at Sci Fi, LOL. I'd be happy to let you borrow my hubby but he won't go to 50's either.
I wish. But maybe I can just send Jason and you and he can have a date :rotfl: We were actually going to go to DL that week but think we are going to wait till summer now.

Your dinner at Topolino's looks wonderful! I am working on my list of restaurants since my ADR day is coming up in a few weeks and I want to fit Topolino's in, but there are so many other places that I want to go to also and I just can't decide.
There really are so many good places these days, which is clearly a good thing, but it makes decisions all the harder.

I need to go back and look at their plant based options. My 14 yr old decided to become a vegan a few weeks ago and so I've been trying to make sure that she has good options as well.
I don't recall what they have as far as plant based options but their menu is really small so my guess is not a lot.

I think that others have found how good this restaurant is, since reservations seem to fill up quickly. :)
Jason says the same thing. Though I tell him I'm not sure if its how good it is or how few places there are in MGM :rotfl:

We briefly met Jen and Joe at the WL in Sept. I wish we could have spent more time with them. I could definitely see how you could easily end up with a three hour dinner. ::yes::
I don't think I realized you had met them. It's certainly clear why they have their own you tube channel. Their witty banter is 100% real

Casey is a really good kid. :)
Thank you! We're pretty sure we are going to keep her :rotfl:

I felt very VIP when everyone at TREX walk-up was being turned away, and I just flashed my card and was able to get us in :)
I can see you now...

That looks like an amazing meal and company to boot!! I can't believe the size of that veal chop!!
I know, right???? It was HUGE. And thankfully as good as it looked

I've heard nothing but amazing things about Topolino's. Glad your meal there was top notch. Not going to lie, I wanna go just to try the ricotta and olives. They sound amazing.
Not gonna lie you could go for just that and be satisfied. When we went back last month we just did appetizers and were as happy as could be

Only in Ireland would they put a graveyard on the way into a theme park. Mind you there are still some pubs that have the undertakers attached 🤣. Used to be a common thing but less so now. My husband still talks about the day he was a sales rep for a drinks company (early 1990s) and he called to a pub in Carlingford and asked to see the owner. He was told he was “round the back” and so round he went only to find him laid out in his coffin! 😱🤣. He still got a sale mind- just not from the main man 🤣
Now that is a new one. Guess the Irish just want to ensure the are prepared for anything. And those are some impressive sales tactics selling to a dead man. :rotfl:

Simetimes just crisps! I know- shocker! But if you’re feeling flash you can stick a bit of cooked ham in there which is even more delicious 😋
You rebel you . Think I'll stick with my crisps and onion dip :P

Glad you (Jason) got your Sci fi fix. I miss the days when you just turned up at the park and decided where to eat that day. I loved those interactive things they had at Epcot where you picked your food type and they gave you options. Now I sound like a grumpy old git 🤣
I so forgot about those kiosks. When I was a kid and we went to Disney World my parents would never let us eat at any of the "fancy" restaurants that needed reservations. I looked at those kiosks like gold

Your meal at Toppolino’s sounds amazing and Casey is a wee star for lasting 3 hours! Good food and great company ! What more could a body want! :goodvibes
Drinks! Don't forget the drinks :drinking1 They do my body good

those are some impressive sales tactics selling to a dead man.
Pretty sure that he won salesman of the year that year :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:
I so forgot about those kiosks. When I was a kid and we went to Disney World my parents would never let us eat at any of the "fancy" restaurants that needed reservations. I looked at those kiosks like gold
Well they took you to Disneyworld you can’t be expecting to be fed as well! :rotfl:
It’s FRIDAY!!!!!!
Bring on the drinks 🍹 🍺🍸🥂🍷🍹

ok now sit down and take a deep breath!
I. Am. Doing. Dry. January :scared1::scared1::scared1:
I can now honestly say I do not think this will make me live longer. It will just FEEL looooonnnnnger!!!!!!
Ok so getting out of bed in the morning is easier and the grocery bill cheaper but goodness me I’m not half as witty as I thought I was and I find my own jokes much less funny. If I’d been smart enough I’d have got sponsorship, not for any worthy charity but for a “pay all the ridiculous extra costs for my future Disney trip” fund! Ach well, missed opportunity because I’m not sure I’m ever doing dry January again. Competitive me won’t quit now cos I gotta prove I can do it as the other half is doing it:rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:

I can now honestly say I do not think this will make me live longer. It will just FEEL looooonnnnnger!!!!!!
Ok so getting out of bed in the morning is easier and the grocery bill cheaper but goodness me I’m not half as witty as I thought I was and I find my own jokes much less funny.
:rotfl2: Well Congratulations??? on the longest January on record. But good for you and your determination. But did ya have to lose the wittiness too? At least now I know why your replys have been off :rotfl: I kid I kid.

You have much more perseverance than I. Jason and I agreed we'd not drink in January until we go to Texas next weekend to see my brother. Then it snowed and work & school were closed. I'm sure no further explanation is needed :drinking1

The Hangry Bears Jamboree

After our fabulous night with Jen & Joe we elected not to hit Magic Kingdom early and sleep in. Not. A. Good. I. Dea.

MK was a cluster so we pillaged with some pirates, thundered through the mountains, and got some blood on our saddle before our bellies were a rumbling.

So what are some hangry country bears to do? Have a pretzel on the pooper of course.

Can you just feel the hangry? For those new to these parts we have a family tradition of getting a cream cheese stuffed pretzel at the Lunching Pad and eating it on the People Mover (which Casey somehow thought was called the pooper when she was little and you can't let her live that one down). This is not only one of our favorite traditions, but probably one of our favorite snacks in all the world.

After that lines were so ridiculous everywhere so we visited Casey’s other favorite Carousel of Progress.

And somehow talked her into a photo shoot before leaving the park.

Shockingly after sharing a pretzel we were all still hangry so we decided to take the boat to Wilderness Lodge to have lunch at Geyser Point.

Or at least that is what we planned to do, but this girl who repeatedly did this in front of Geyser said it was too hot to eat outside :confused3

So we ended up walking up to Whispering Canyon instead.

At this point we were all some version of hangry bears so beers and nachos were needed ASAP.

Meet the burnt end nachos with Topped with Beef Brisket, Barbecued Pulled Pork, Cheese Sauce, and Fresh Salsa.

I didn’t detect any actual brisket on this and just pork, but that didn’t make it any less desirable to our hangry souls. I mean how can you go wrong with chips, melted yellow cheese, and lots of meat even if it is not burnt or an end?

To wash it down Jason and I partook of some of Disney's finest brewsky offerings.

For our entrees Casey and I shared the Applewood-Smoked Turkey Sandwich on Toasted Multigrain Bread with Arugula, Tomato, and Cranberry-Mayonnaise.

This was a huge sandwich and easily shareable. The turkey was fantastic with tons of great smoky flavor and it paired really well with the cranberry mayo and arugula. We didn’t love the grainy bread and it would have been much better on some sourdough but it couldn’t fake “healthy” that way.

Jason went with the Chopped Bison Burger which is served with Chipotle Aïoli, Candied Hickory-smoked Bacon, Cheddar, Fried Pickle, and Sweet Potato Fries.

He loved the flavor of this and said the maple bacon really added uniqueness to a typical burger. He was good enough to let me have the fried pickle which totally hit my sour spot.

Overall I think Jason and I would have preferred to be at Geyser Point, but Whispering Canyon was a solid option. The antics aren’t what they used to be, but we had a fantastic server named Amelia who incessantly picked on Jason and kept hassling him about this water consumption. And I'm all for anyone picking on Jason.

After lunch we wandered around our most favorite resort for a while and Casey was thrilled to get a little shopping in.

Thankfully this didn't come home with us.

Up next…We eat flowers and gardens

Last edited:
So where were we headed? Topolino’s Terrace! For those unaware, Topolino is the Italian name for Mickey Mouse but this is the furthest thing from a mickey mouse operation. The restaurant is located on the top floor of the exquisite Riviera resort and the ambiance and décor was befitting this most beautiful location.

And who were we meeting? My fabulous sister wife (@Jenny Sanders) and one half of the the YouTube sensation Jen and Joe on The Go.
I can't wait to dine there.
We hung out on the gorgeous Topolinos terrace for some pictures before dinner.
Beautiful pictures!
Eventually we were seated and had the best server I think we’ve ever encountered at Disney or anywhere for that matter. His name was Mike and he had worked at Topolino’s since it opened but previously had been at Victoria and Albert’s. He was everything you would want a server to be. Personable and attentive, but not overly so. He also knew the menu like the back of his hand and told you every small detail about the food and wine. Pretty sure I asked him if he can just travel from restaurant to restaurant with me and describe menu items to me. Strangely he declined the offer, but I'm gonna keep working on him :rotfl:
Did Mike get redeployed from V & A's or did he choose to move? The servers from V&A are the best ever!
We also ordered the Olives Marinee which was an assortment of olives with olive oil, lemon, and garlic.
I don't even like olives and those look amazing!
I did not know that Ricotta could be so good but this was pure heaven. It may look simple but the ricotta was creamy and decadent and it paired so well with the bread, sweet tomatoes and olive oil. This was one of the best dishes we’ve had in a long time.
Oh my goodness, this looks heavenly!
Casey ordered the Strawberry and Cucumber Spritzer.
That looks refreshing!
Meet the Warm Valrhona Chocolate Cake with Caramel Center, Chantilly, and Raspberries. This was a traditional lava type cake but with the addition of the caramel really made it next level. Pretty sure I grew my own dessert stomach just so I could help eat it.
I would grow a dessert stomach for that as well!
Beyond the food spending time with Jenny and Joe was everything we needed. And at a meal clocking in at 3+ hours even Casey was a trooper through it all.
She did so well!
Pretty sure that he won salesman of the year that year :rotfl2: :rotfl2: :rotfl2:

Well they took you to Disneyworld you can’t be expecting to be fed as well! :rotfl:

It’s FRIDAY!!!!!!
Bring on the drinks 🍹 🍺🍸🥂🍷🍹

ok now sit down and take a deep breath!
Ok so getting out of bed in the morning is easier and the grocery bill cheaper but goodness me I’m not half as witty as I thought I was and I find my own jokes much less funny. If I’d been smart enough I’d have got sponsorship, not for any worthy charity but for a “pay all the ridiculous extra costs for my future Disney trip” fund! Ach well, missed opportunity because I’m not sure I’m ever doing dry January again. Competitive me won’t quit now cos I gotta prove I can do it as the other half is doing it:rotfl::rotfl: :rotfl:
Good for you! I had fully intended to do a dry January but then we went into lockdown again and I had to teach kindergarten online. So I didn't, lol!
View attachment 639078

:rotfl2: Well Congratulations??? on the longest January on record. But good for you and your determination. But did ya have to lose the wittiness too? At least now I know why your replys have been off :rotfl: I kid I kid.

You have much more perseverance than I. Jason and I agreed we'd not drink in January until we go to Texas next weekend to see my brother. Then it snowed and work & school were closed. I'm sure no further explanation is needed :drinking1
100% Online kindergarten for the last two weeks has meant I needed ALL the bevvies. Going back to school just as Omicron is peaking in Ontario may mean more....

So what are some hangry country bears to do? Have a pretzel on the pooper of course.
I still need to try one of those stuffed pretzels! On the PM of course!
After that lines were so ridiculous everywhere so we visited Casey’s other favorite Carousel of Progress.
My favourite too. :)
Meet the burnt end nachos with Topped with Beef Brisket, Barbecued Pulled Pork, Cheese Sauce, and Fresh Salsa.
They look fab! We were obsessed with the cheesy brisket dip at GP.
This was a huge sandwich and easily shareable. The turkey was fantastic with tons of great smoky flavor and it paired really well with the cranberry mayo and arugula. We didn’t love the grainy bread and it would have been much better on some sourdough but it couldn’t fake “healthy” that way.
Sounds delish!
Overall I think Jason and I would have preferred to be at Geyser Point, but Whispering Canyon was a solid option. The antics aren’t what they used to be, but we had a fantastic server named Amelia who incessantly picked on Jason and kept hassling him about this water consumption. And I'm all for anyone picking on Jason.
:rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl: :rotfl:

ou have much more perseverance than I. Jason and I agreed we'd not drink in January until we go to Texas next weekend to see my brother. Then it snowed and work & school were closed. I'm sure no further explanation is needed
Good for you! I had fully intended to do a dry January but then we went into lockdown again and I had to teach kindergarten online. So I didn't, lol!
100% Online kindergarten for the last two weeks has meant I needed ALL the bevvies. Going back to school just as Omicron is peaking in Ontario may mean more....
🥤🧋🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🧉🍾
Just lining them up for ya ladies!!!

Overall I think Jason and I would have preferred to be at Geyser Point, but Whispering Canyon was a solid option.
We prefer Geyser Point to WCC, too, but it is good to know that they serve my favorite smoked turkey sandwich there. It is definitely big enough to share. :) Now they just need to bring back the waffle fries.
After lunch we wandered around our most favorite resort for a while and Casey was thrilled to get a little shopping in.
WL and the Mercantile are the best places to wander.

I’m with you on Topolinos, one of our best dinners at Disney! We had an awesome waiter there too and learned all about the olive oil!
I hope to return in late August with my sister, fingers crossed 🤞
It looked like a great evening all the way around. Food, drinks, company, and wait staff.
I love the cream cheese pretzel 🥨 We always forget to eat it on the pooper :lmao:
we still haven’t eaten at Whispering Canyon or GP, hope to remedy that in August as well
The sandwich, burger, and nachos look really delicious
I am very glad the hangry country bears 🐻 were satisfied!

I love a good turkey sandwich but...the bread has to be good!!! Sourdough is the best!!! Oh well!! Those nachos looked delish too...even if they weren't quite as advertised!!

Why this man who was a professional chef for 20+ years loves this place is beyond me. But love it he does
ha! It's the atmosphere... it just makes everything taste better. And just seeing you guys be there, now makes we want to go!

ha!

After lunch we didn’t stick around long because the park was a mess. At one point Rise, Runaway Railway, Slinky Dog, and Rock N Roller Coaster were all down simultaneously which of course caused pandemonium elsewhere.
That is NOT good!!!

And at a meal clocking in at 3+ hours even Casey was a trooper through it all.
Seriously!

e got the Tomahawk Veal Chop with Potato-Torpedo Onion Gratin and Lemon-Veal Jus
Andy would love that! I just looked at the menu and it always just looks meh to what I like. We are NOT olive eaters! So, that app is a hard pass for us.

This is not only one of our favorite traditions, but probably one of our favorite snacks in all the world.
I need to try this!

And somehow talked her into a photo shoot before leaving the park.
I love the overalls. Where did you get them?

These nachos get me every time. They look so good! One day I will get to try them.

Did Mike get redeployed from V & A's or did he choose to move? The servers from V&A are the best ever!
From what I remember he choose to move when they were opening Topolino's up because he had worked with the manager before. It was interesting he said Topolino's is basically 2 different restaurants because the staff and managers are completely different between the morning and evening. Essentially they share a kitchen but otherwise the morning has nothing to do with the evening.

I would grow a dessert stomach for that as well!
You and me both. Unfortunately for me I have a wine and snacks stomach. I'm thinking dessert would be the better option :confused3

Oh no!!! Hate to hear that you are having to endure this again, especially with the little ones. I kept thinking Casey's school would go back to all virtual but they just closed for a week for "snow" instead.

I still need to try one of those stuffed pretzels! On the PM of course!
Yes you do. On our last trip we found the trick is to get one right at 10am when the Lunching Pad opens up. They are hot and fresh and so good.

They look fab! We were obsessed with the cheesy brisket dip at GP.
We loved that too! Any place where I can lounge outside by the water, drink, and snack on some chips and dips I'm a happy happy girl

🥤🧋🍺🍻🥂🍷🥃🍸🍹🧉🍾
Just lining them up for ya ladies!!!
I'll start working on those tonight :rotfl:

😍😍😍😍What a great photo of Casey! Those eyes are smiling 💕
Thanks! They are. She's a silly one that girl o mine

We prefer Geyser Point to WCC, too, but it is good to know that they serve my favorite smoked turkey sandwich there. It is definitely big enough to share. :) Now they just need to bring back the waffle fries.
Waffle fries???? I had no idea they used to have waffle fries. Now I'm very disappointed with the regular old Disney ones we were served. Bring on the waffles

I’m with you on Topolinos, one of our best dinners at Disney! We had an awesome waiter there too and learned all about the olive oil!
I hope to return in late August with my sister, fingers crossed 🤞
Oh I hope you and your sister get back there. At this point it is definitely tops of our favorite restaurants list. We almost didn't go last month, but even Casey was lobbying for ricotta, bread, and olive oil.

we still haven’t eaten at Whispering Canyon or GP, hope to remedy that in August as well
The sandwich, burger, and nachos look really delicious
You most definitely should try both at some point but I'd give GP a whirl first. Its a quick boat ride from MK but you'll feel like you are worlds away.

I love a good turkey sandwich but...the bread has to be good!!! Sourdough is the best!!! Oh well!! Those nachos looked delish too...even if they weren't quite as advertised!!
I am so with ya on the bread. Disney can keep their multi-grain. Bring on the sourdough.

ha! It's the atmosphere... it just makes everything taste better. And just seeing you guys be there, now makes we want to go!
That is true. He certainly loves everything about that place.

That is NOT good!!!
It was not good. MGM really just can't sustain the crowds when anything goes down. We found you almost have to have FP these days but even then there isn't a lot of availability

Andy would love that! I just looked at the menu and it always just looks meh to what I like. We are NOT olive eaters! So, that app is a hard pass for us.
Well good news is the olives aren't on the menu any longer, but I can see how the menu really wouldn't impress. We went initially because I'd heard good things and of course I had to try the new signature. We were pleasantly surprised it lived up to the hype even if the menu doesn't jump

I love the overalls. Where did you get them?
Thanks. Pretty sure I got them from Shop Disney but it was sometime early last year.

For those new to these parts we have a family tradition of getting a cream cheese stuffed pretzel at the Lunching Pad and eating it on the People Mover
I love these kinds of traditions :) So simple, but such perfect moments!! Plus, can't ever let go of "The Pooper" LOL

IMG_2739.jpeg
YUM!!

Double YUM! That grapefruit beer is one of my favs.

I love the picture of Casey with the Castle behind her! It literally looks like an empty park, I don't see anyone in the background even. Great pictures all the way around!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter