The Busy Busy Countdo-own!!!!

Hello from New York!!! :goodvibes:goodvibes

It's 7.41am and we are heading out for breakfast at the Evergreen Diner, then a day of who knows what!! :cool1:

Flights were fab - VAustralia - AMAZING!!! Our United flight got into JFK 35 minutes early last night!! :worship:

I miss my disers - DH thinks I'm crazy - what else is new?!

So have a great night, I will update when I can - the Doubletree is amazing too - and Times Square last night was mental - just like it should be!!!

OK - Noooo Yawk is waiting, I'm off - love BB.

Wow Busy Busy I can't believe you are there and updating us already!. Have fun and would love to hear more if you have the time.

I was just uploading Times square photos on Facebook tonight :rotfl2:
have a wonderful time glad you had a good flight! Times square:cloud9:

Hey Busy Busy - glad to hear you arrived safe and all is well. Hope you're enjoyed New York!

Hi everybody!! Late at night here in New York and we have had a wonderful day!! Shopped at Macy's and had a great time there, DH got a few really nice things - all at 20% off. Went nuts in Footlocker - our friends spent soooooo much money!! We got the kids new shoes and I will go back tomorrow and get some with memory foam inside them - not sure what that's all about but they feel crazy comfy!! We did a quick online survey for them and got 15% off our next purchase - so get ready!! :goodvibes

Lots of walking and wandering today - the weather is great for that - a little overcast. Our breakfast at the Evergreen Diner was fab - we will head back there tomorrow. A table for 9 was no problem and they were lovely, great coffee and a really delicious omelette - highly recommended! :thumbsup2

We met a couple from qld and their 2 kids there (we were talking about the Brisbane Broncos and their heads popped straight up!)

Tonight we all ate at Famous Dave's then our friends went to see Jersey Boys while we took all 5 kids :scared1: wandering around Times Square. We went to the M&M shop - which I think has a license to print money. It was ridiculous in there - junk junk junk - all with M&M's printed on them - ugh! :headache:

Our friends just called us and their show is over, we thought about meeting in the bar downstairs in the hotel for a drink - but we are all so bloody tired - Simon fell asleep 3 times during the show - expensive nap!! So no drink tonight, bed very soon and the we'll all probably be awake at 5am again in the morning!! :confused:

Walking over the Brooklyn Bridge tomorrow, Katz's Deli, lots of downtown stuff.....then American Girl on Monday - I might shop at some stage tomorrow for a nice dress to wear - yeah - let's spend MORE money!!! :rolleyes1

Having a ball and very lucky to be here - and there is still so much more to come on this trip - I have to sleep!! I loooove NYC!! xx BB. :cloud9:

Oh this is all sooooooooooo exciting!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I hope you can update us everyday lol. So glad you're having so much fun and spending so much money. I hate pinching pennies on holidays, my dh loves it though ugh. He loves coming home with money. That's why I'm going to have my own card this year. lol

You know how I said that we would probably be awake at 5am? Well we slept in - DH and I were up at 5.20am!! :eek:

This is what is fab about the Doubletree - kids are asleep in the bedroom and we are awake out here sorting out our day and freaking out because we are actually here!! :yay::yay::yay:

DH is going to run downstairs - they have Starbucks coffee in the lobby!! I love them both (DH and the coffee!). I think that I will have the bagel with cream cheese and salmon this morning for breakfast - I LOVE that I don't have to wash up!! Brooklyn Bridge this morning, Ground Zero, then back up to the Empire State Building. It's a day of NY landmarks - can't wait!! Thanks for coming along with me everybody!! :goodvibes

Ooooh cool - the sky is changing colour - day time is coming!! :dance3:

Sounds like you are having an amazing time, loving reading the updates... and getting excited through just reading them :cool1:

You know how I said that we would probably be awake at 5am? Well we slept in - DH and I were up at 5.20am!! :eek:

This is what is fab about the Doubletree - kids are asleep in the bedroom and we are awake out here sorting out our day and freaking out because we are actually here!! :yay::yay::yay:

DH is going to run downstairs - they have Starbucks coffee in the lobby!! I love them both (DH and the coffee!). I think that I will have the bagel with cream cheese and salmon this morning for breakfast - I LOVE that I don't have to wash up!! Brooklyn Bridge this morning, Ground Zero, then back up to the Empire State Building. It's a day of NY landmarks - can't wait!! Thanks for coming along with me everybody!! :goodvibes

Ooooh cool - the sky is changing colour - day time is coming!! :dance3:

:thumbsup2 I am amazed that you are managing to update good work for me it was just not happening :rotfl2: I love hearing where you are going and seeing it in my head woohoo :love::love::love: NY

I can feel the excitement in your posts!!! It sounds like you are having a fabbo time. I hope the jetlag doesn't catch up with you - 5:20am?!?!

Enjoy!!!

Hi everybody, it's 5.30am and I'm awake again - so here's another update!!

Yesterday was fabulous - we had another fab breakfast at the Evergreen Diner, then onto the subway (so easy) down to City Hall station and then around to walk the Brooklyn Bridge. We walked from the Manhattan side up to the first pylon - a big walk for the ones with little legs - and then turned and came back - it was great. Lots of people, a bit windy, nice temp, and an amazing feeling to be somewhere so iconic.

I also have to mention that on the way from the station to the bridge we bumped into a family from back at home - ri.dic.u.lous!!! Lots of hugging and photos on the side of the road!!

Then we went down to WTC, highlight was St Paul's church with all of the white ribbons tied to the fence at the front and back. Then up to the Empire State Building - such a clear afternoon and views almost to back home!! Kids were amazed!

Then the most fabulous night in Times Square, we ate at Bubba Gump - terrific. We got a special "room" to ourselves just off the main dining area. It was called "Mumma Gump's Dining Room". It had pictures of Forrest and Jenny on the walls and it was perfect. Delicious food and a fab cocktail list! The kids all got to keep their light up glasses from their drinks and I have a giant cocktail glass to pack somewhere!

Then off to 42nd street (thought of Jade when I saw the Mary Poppins theatre), and we hit Sketchers like a tornado!! From there to Sephora, Element and Footlocker. We finished at 11.50pm - crazy!!

So today it's off to American Girl - boys off to Chelsea Piers - then all of us will go to FAO Schwartz for the custom Barbie. Lucky little girls here today!!

Maybe I can sleep if I get off the computer - we'll see!! Bye....BB. xx

I love when we travel halfway round the world, we bumb into people we know.

Glad you're having a great time BB.....happy shopping!

Glad to hear you're having fun!!! It's always cool bumping into others. Have fun at American Girl and FAO Schwartz. I remember the one in Las Vegas a few years back, we had fun there. And NY is huge compared to that little one that once was.

Hi everybody!! Super quick today!!

- American Girl was unbelievable - a day that none of us will EVER forget! :lovestruc
- Yankees tonight - they are the ONLY reason that a girl like me should go to the Bronx! :eek:
- Have to pack everything up this afternoon - tomorrow is WDW!!!! :worship:
- DH and friend's DH went out last night - let me just say that thanks to video phones - what happened in NYC will not stay in NYC - Barry Manilow karaoke!! :rotfl:
- Waiters and waitresses are SOOOOO nice here - the free refills thing never ceases to amaze me. :thumbsup2
- We have all finally woken up at a normal hour this morning - so body clocks are back on track! :goodvibes
- We watched the Two and a Half Men premiere last night - I miss Charlie and Ashton needs a haircut! :confused3

Off to breakfast and to tear up the Upper West Side - hmmmm - maybe not tear up - NYC makes you realise that people from the suburbs of Sydney have absolutely no street cred at all! :cool2:

BB...xx

Busy Busy you are doing so well with your updates sounds like you are having an awesome time:thumbsup2 remind me to never travel without a computer of some type again. Enjoy your last day in NY:goodvibes

Hey Dis peeps - oh - you have to excuse me - I've been to the Bronx you see!!! :cool2:

Yes, I have been to Yankee Stadium and I have seen the fabulous Derek Jeter, A-Rod and (the best one) Nick Swisher all in person. They were amazing and the atmosphere was ridiculous - something that I will never forget!! We all got a Yankee snoopy for some reason - so I have 4 packed into my bags right now!! :yay:

We are off to WDW tomorrow - can't believe it!! When I went to the WDW website is said 1 more day until our holiday there - pinch me!!! :worship::worship:

One last thing before I finish, my lovely sparkly that I got from Tiffany & Co in 2009 now has a friend!!! And I have a husband who is better than anybody!! :love::love::love::love::love::love::love:

I'll update from WDW - I get to meet Battymum and her family at the Whispering Canyon Cafe tomorrow night - amazing!!! :dance3:

Love BB...xx princess:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter