"The Boys: The Sherman Brothers' Story" - has anyone seen this movie yet?

challer

DIS Veteran
I'm dying to see this movie. Maybe this weekend.

Has anyone seen it yet?

I'm dying to see this movie. Maybe this weekend.

Has anyone seen it yet?

Havent seen it yet.....is this in theaters?

I do have a Sherman Brothers story.

At the last Disneyana Convention held in WDW (st the Contemporary), I got to meet one of the brothers. I beliueve it was Richard. Robert was in poor health at the time.

He was doing a "meet and greet" and I had purchased one of the "it's a small world posters" that advertises the attraction. He was very nice and signed it for me.

While we were there, this man came up with a large framed object but had it covered.

When it was his turn to speak with Mr. Sherman, he uncovered the framed object and it was a very early handwritten draft of the sheet music for the song "it's a small world".

I forget where he said he acquired it...but itwas obvious that Mr. Sherman had not seen it in a very long time. They took photos and he signed the frame.

It was pretty cool to see.

I was actually in San Francisco when the movie was premiered at the Walt Disney Family Museum. I could kick myself for not going as not only was Mr Sherman there, but Diane Disney Miller as well.

Havent seen it yet.....is this in theaters?

I do have a Sherman Brothers story.

At the last Disneyana Convention held in WDW (st the Contemporary), I got to meet one of the brothers. I beliueve it was Richard. Robert was in poor health at the time.

He was doing a "meet and greet" and I had purchased one of the "it's a small world posters" that advertises the attraction. He was very nice and signed it for me.

While we were there, this man came up with a large framed object but had it covered.

When it was his turn to speak with Mr. Sherman, he uncovered the framed object and it was a very early handwritten draft of the sheet music for the song "it's a small world".

I forget where he said he acquired it...but itwas obvious that Mr. Sherman had not seen it in a very long time. They took photos and he signed the frame.

It was pretty cool to see.

Val & I were at that Disneyana Convention too. Its really a shame that they stopped those, they were a lot of fun and must have brought in some bucks.

Val & I went to 5 or 6 of them and enjoyed them throughly.

I would like to know where I can see this movie. There was a nice article in the latest D23 Magazine about it and the Sherman bros. Did you know that Disney is also working on a compilation CD of Sherman songs to be released in the next year or so?

I had never even heard about it. I am gong to have to get it. It looks wonderfull. I liked int he trailor when Ben Stiller said he remembers the songs more than thte movies. And it is the truth. They are wonderfull.

Wow - I'm annoyed. It was playing in one theater in NYC, and I was planning on seeing it tonight. However, Thursday was the last day it showed. I missed it. I believe it is only playing in California now.

I guess I'll keep an eye out for the DVD.

Bummer.

On the August 17, 2008 WDW Radio show Lou Mongello did an interview with Richard Sherman and it is definitely worth a listen. It is always fascinating to hear people who worked directly with Walt talk about their experiences.

I would be interested in watching the movie but will have to wait for the DVD or for it to come out somewhere a bit closer to the Great Lakes than California.

I'm actually a little pissed off at disney.

i went on a cruise and came back, and my grandmother had clipped an ad for the movie from the newspaper for me. When I went to look up where and when it would be showing, i was disappointed to find out it was only for a week at the El Capitan, twice a night, late (especially to be driving through crazy Hollywood) and the other theater, when i called them to ask when they were showing it, they told me it's last screening was the previous night!

Now, this is typical Disney. For a minute, I was overjoyed Disney did something so wonderful to share in their great history....would be nice if anybody got to see it.

DH and I were trying to see if it was playing in the Seattle area, but had no luck. I had read the article about the Sherman brothers in the D23 magazine, so was looking forward to seeing the movie. Hopefully it will come out in DVD. It seems a shame to make a movie like that and only show it for such a limited time at a limited location. :confused3

I saw "The Boys" last month and it was terrific. Not just from a Disney standpoint, which was nice, but also as a story of brothers who never quite clicked, but managed to make such beautiful music together.

My husband, who'd never heard of them, was fascinated by the story of Dick and Bob's relationship. It made me glad that my sister and I (who are also two and a half years apart) decided a few years ago that we had more to unite than divide us.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter