The anti-dining trip report that could have been a disaster but ended up being Yacht-some!! April 2021 at The Yacht Club! Complete 11/5!

Hi Kelly,

:wave2:

I'm so sorry I'm so late

No worries! You were bound to catch up at the pace I'm going!

Loved your video of her first day. It made me tear up.

Nothing like looking at it all again through the eyes of a first timer :love:

This last trip Danielle lived her trip on Snapchat and blocked me! Imagine that?

What? :rotfl: Why??

I deleted Snapchat because I could never figure it out!

We have found food hard to come by since the re-open. Hopefully options are going to get better and better.

It seems like more places are opening every day!

That is sad. But how did you have any energy?

I didn't…that's why the scooter was a necessity!

Ugh the current state of Jungle Cruise When we rode in April the explorers were missing and the rhino was rear-ending.......nobody. Last week the "new" explorer team was being chased up the pole but Trader Sam was all covered up as were the headhunters and our skipper, who otherwise was really good, said things like" huh I wonder what THAT could be? I've never seen that in the jungle!" when we went by the stupid green paper/chain covered parts. Stupid and sad.

That is just sad :sad1:

I'm glad I got to see it one last time before all the changes.

In other Jungle Cruise news we saw the trailer for the movie when we saw Cruella tonight! Not sure what I think? Looks kind of good and kind of not lol!

Lol! I think it looks pretty good…I kind of like The Rock…but I guess we'll see

I don't actually mind paying a bit more for a better (i.e. less crowded) experience. Let us know how you feel about it... afterwards.

Well, I just read that my party is one of the sold out dates, so we'll see. I'll be watching for the reviews in September, although I don't know if any of them sold out. My first thought was that maybe the capacity limit is pretty small and maybe that's why it's already sold out?

Congratulations to her!

Thank you!

My DD graduated (B.Ed.) and... nothing.

Congratulations to her! And that's a bummer, sorry. Pardon my ignorance, but why isn't Canada where we are yet?

OMGoodness is Daisy just adorable!

Thank you!

I was so excited Southwest released their flights, but was surprised how much more expensive they are to/from Chicago compared to our previous trips. Still haven't even settled on a flight to get us home at the end of the trip because they either aren't non-stop, which we prefer, or they are close to $500 for the cheapest rate. Ugh. Hopefully getting that nailed down soon!

Isn't that weird how the flights work? I was so happy when I saw the times and prices for December…not let's just pray they don't change! Do you have another non-stop option? In August we ended up booking SW down and Jet Blue back because they had a much better option.

Have a good week, Kelly! :)

You too, Jackie!

Sadly, no, probably not happening for me. Trips to short and a lot of $$. I'll see how this year's goes and maybe next year.

I get it…it is crazy expensive, but I love the parties so definitely willing to splurge. I hope I don't regret it!

I didn't know he did that. Afraid of flying?

Ugh, yes! Makes me crazy!

Congrats, Allie!!! Time to conquer the world!

Thank you!

Daisy is just way too cute!

Thank you! Although, at the moment she keeps chomping on me so NOT so cute! Lol…she's still cute I guess, just naughty :P :dog:

We are!!! Flights are booked and I get my second shot this afternoon!

Yay! I saw that! How are you feeling this morning? I got so sick with my second shot but it only lasted about 12 hours.

Our region is considered a delta variant hot spot so I can accelerate the boys second doses starting on Wednesday.

That's scary, but I'm glad they'll be getting their second shots :hug:

Canada is ending quarantine requirements for fully vaccinated travellers in early July so we won't have to worry about that either.

:cool1:

The only thing we will have to do is take a PCR test before flying in each direction.

We had to do that back in October. It was a little bit of a pain, but I think the testing is much easier to find now.

Hopefully we will be able to meet up!

Yes!!

Loving your TR so far, can't wait for more.

Thanks for reading! Sorry it's taking me so long to get the next part up! Hopefully with graduations and recitals behind us, maaaayyyyyybe I'll find some time to post :rotfl:

Congratulations to your beautiful daughter on her graduation

Thank you!

Daisy is adorable, I have "Yoshi" a havachon,, havanese/bichon. Watch how intelligent DaIsy will be...such sweet, loving, smart fur babies.

Aw, I just looked that up and they're super cute pups! I hope our Daisy is all that your Yoshi is :dog::love:

OMG your niece is too adorable too!

Thanks!

Well, I just read that my party is one of the sold out dates, so we'll see.
That will certainly be an accurate yardstick!
My first thought was that maybe the capacity limit is pretty small and maybe that's why it's already sold out?
That could very well be.
Pardon my ignorance, but why isn't Canada where we are yet?
Our vaccine rollout wasn't as fast as yours, plus we experienced another wave at the same time. Things are looking much better now with numbers down across the country. I suspect that we'll be opening up, but at a much more controlled/slower pace than you did, however.

It doesn't help that Mousekeeping is every other day now, especially when you're paying that much for a hotel room. I'm used to limited Mousekeeping with DVC because it's like you're renting a condo, but Disney is definitely milking it and using it as a cost cutting measure.

Oh they 100% are. takes saps the magic of coming "home" right out of it.
They look the same and the girls loved them so give them a try. They're under "sides" on the Pecos Bill's menu :thumbsup2

Putting this on the "That's-an-option" List.

You think? I wanted something low-fat. Maybe the hot sauce was a little much, but in my defines, I asked for light sauce and it was kind of drowning.
As long as you didn't get sick from it.... that's really all that count!s!

OUR YACHT-SOME VIEW FROM 5175

Confession, when I first booked us at The Yacht Club, I wasn't super excited about it.
Mike and I stayed at The Beach Club in 2013 and loved it but in my mind,
I thought The YC was going to be stuffy and boring. Boy, was I wrong!
We absolutely LOVED The YC and now I'm worried about staying at The BC in August
that we won't like it as much!
I'm a crazy person :rotfl:

We had initially booked a Garden View room but I joined a YC/BC group on Facebook and when people started showing the views from their Water View rooms,
I priced out how much more it would be and we made the switch.

We were assigned the most amazing room…5175…which is technically a Club Level room but since there is no CL at the moment, it was just a very nice room with an awesome view :love:

View attachment 575053

View attachment 575054

View attachment 575055

I loved that they were still providing the small bottles of shampoo, etc...
View attachment 575056

Allie and I tried sharing the Queen bed the first night she arrived and we both had a completely miserable night :laughing: She wears her retainer to bed and kept taking them in and out and they were making clicking noises, and she says I was over on her side of the bed
(I wasn't!). Anyway, she ended up sleeping on the little pull down couch/sleeper sofa and we BOTH slept much better the rest of the week!
View attachment 575058

View attachment 575059

And the best part of our room...
View attachment 575064

View attachment 575060

View attachment 575061

We ended up spending lots of time on that balcony and relaxing :cloud9:

Up next, dinner and a Skyliner stroll.

What a view....

What a view....

It really was! We had originally booked a GV room but then I ended up switching to WV after seeing a bunch of pictures on facebook. It wasn't that much more and we loved waking up to that view every morning!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter