"The American Adventure" @Epcot - Disney getting rid of CM's historic costumes

They look very much like what the Voices of Liberty wear when doing events outside of the the actual American Adventure pavilion.

IMO, they look like businessman / businesswoman attire. I was in DC not that long ago, and those suits would fit right in! And, FWIW, I think Lonnie (as pictured in the article) would look quite dashing in the new design. So there.

It's also quite likely that those costume designs will go through several changes before being totally bought off on.

:earsboy:

Not a fan of the American proposed costumes...Eastern Airlines 1970s anyone? They do not look like any business women or man I work with. that skirt...YIKES! I hope it was just one concept proposed and not the final...ironic as at least the colonial costumes were period...these just look like very dated business outfits...I mean a double breasted suit? And I won't even touch the poor woman's outfit!

The Rose and Crown costumes looked good to me, though.

From the Ultimate: Orlando blog -

"American Adventure new costumes (proposed) pics"

They are somewhat reminiscent of a flight attendant uniform.

There is also a pic of a proposed new costume for the Rose & Crown as well.

"Thank you for joining us for this flight. Over the next hour we will take you on an American Adventure. In case of emergency, exits are located at the rear of the Theater. Thank you for flying Air America and we hope you have a wonderful flight."

Wonder if the VoL will add "if you had Wings" to their repertoire?

Not a fan of the American proposed costumes...Eastern Airlines 1970s anyone? They do not look like any business women or man I work with. that skirt...YIKES! I hope it was just one concept proposed and not the final...ironic as at least the colonial costumes were period...these just look like very dated business outfits...I mean a double breasted suit? And I won't even touch the poor woman's outfit!

The Rose and Crown costumes looked good to me, though.

I certainly agree with you. Please stow all of your belongings under the seat in front of you and bring your seat back into the full upright position. :sad2:

I do like the look of the R&C costume. Seems quite in keeping with the surroundings.

I see no reason to update their outfits. We're they too hot for the people who had to wear them outside or at the food counters?

I don't know... but I worked at DHS a week after some costumes were updated. They went from black and white to red and teal (not the most attractive color combo, imo) and made of wool. Yes. Wool. Which I wore outdoors. In July.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter