The All-New "unofficial" AKL/AKV's Jambo & Kidani FAQ thread.....

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would contact them now. Just a note saying how excited you are to be staying with them in Dec. Include your reservation number. They will send you a welcome letter to fill out and send back. On that will be the list of ADR's you want and anything else you request. If you're celebrating anything special let them know. There's a place on the ?? for everything. Then when you get closer to the 180 day , like 221 send them a reminder. The AKL IPO is fantastic. I even emailed Don and he looked up all my adr's for my total stay. We are staying at 4 resorts. He is the best I've come across and really on the ball. Good luck!!

QUOTE=eeyoresnr;24761994]I read the biginning of this thread a couple times and maybe I just missed it so if this question has already been answered forgive me for asking...
we are booked in Dec @ Club Level....when should I contact concierge service, or will they conatct me:confused3[/QUOTE]

The email I got back from them on April 20 was from Jim Lynch and the one the week before that just said IPO. Has anyone heard from Don in the last couple of weeks. Before, the emails I got were from Don.

I don't remember how early I originally contacted them but we played cat and mouse until I could get them on the phone to give my cc number. I did not receive anything to fill out though. About two weeks before my 180 day I sent them my ADR request and I got everything as requested. Then when it came time to book the Sunrise Safari they did that also. I am going to have a cake in the room when we get there so I will contact them closer to time to do that. This is the first time I have stayed CL and it has really been a positive experience.

The email I got back from them on April 20 was from Jim Lynch and the one the week before that just said IPO. Has anyone heard from Don in the last couple of weeks. Before, the emails I got were from Don.

I don't remember how early I originally contacted them but we played cat and mouse until I could get them on the phone to give my cc number. I did not receive anything to fill out though. About two weeks before my 180 day I sent them my ADR request and I got everything as requested. Then when it came time to book the Sunrise Safari they did that also. I am going to have a cake in the room when we get there so I will contact them closer to time to do that. This is the first time I have stayed CL and it has really been a positive experience.

I got an email back with my itenerary from Don but it was the end of March. Perhaps he is on vacation? I have also talked to Sue there and she was super great as well.

He's been on vacation. :goodvibes Not sure exactly when he's due back, but I'm sure it'll be soon!

I started another thread with a couple questions but they didn't get answered, so I thought I would try here. I have stayed at AKL SV twice but am staying CL on our next visit in June of 09. We have never stayed in concierge before and I am hearing alot of good things. However, I am also hearing how popular AKL CL is and am concerned about when to book. How far in advance do you book? I really don't want to get shut out, but I want to try and get a AAA discount when they are released. Can I book at rack and will they apply the AAA rate when it is released? Thanks for any help.

I would contact them now. Just a note saying how excited you are to be staying with them in Dec. Include your reservation number. They will send you a welcome letter to fill out and send back. On that will be the list of ADR's you want and anything else you request. If you're celebrating anything special let them know. There's a place on the ?? for everything. Then when you get closer to the 180 day , like 221 send them a reminder. The AKL IPO is fantastic. I even emailed Don and he looked up all my adr's for my total stay. We are staying at 4 resorts. He is the best I've come across and really on the ball. Good luck!!

I went ahead and sent them an email on 4/29/08 and received what appeared to be an auto response saying someone would contact me by email within 24 hours and it has been over 48 hours and I haven't heard anything:confused3

I went ahead and sent them an email on 4/29/08 and received what appeared to be an auto response saying someone would contact me by email within 24 hours and it has been over 48 hours and I haven't heard anything:confused3

I have emailed them several times and hear back within that 24 hours. I am not as special as I would like to think I am so I was wondering if you by chance have spam or something that is blocking the email back? I would give them a call.

I have emailed them several times and hear back within that 24 hours. I am not as special as I would like to think I am so I was wondering if you by chance have spam or something that is blocking the email back? I would give them a call.

kinda funny...just a few minutes after I posted that, I recieved an email from Melissa, but I didn't get any questionare:confused3 so I wrote back and asked about it, and got another auto response saying they would answer within 24 hours....so far, nothing:confused3

kinda funny...just a few minutes after I posted that, I recieved an email from Melissa, but I didn't get any questionare:confused3 so I wrote back and asked about it, and got another auto response saying they would answer within 24 hours....so far, nothing:confused3

Every time you email them (even if it's a reply to their email to you), you'll get that auto response! :headache:

You will hear back from them though - it will probably be tomorrow. :goodvibes

I just knew that it was unusual for them to not get back to you. I never got a questionaire. I actually just sent them an email of the ADR's and activities that I wanted to book. They called me and got a credit card number as some things you need one for booking. After I was at the 180 mark they sent me an itinerary with confirmation numbers and directions.

Maybe I was so eager I beat them to the stuff on the questionaire. :rotfl: :rotfl:

Every Time I Email Them,I Get A Response From Yahoo Telling Me That My Email Has Been In The Queue Too Long And They Wont Be Trying Again!! Has Anyone Else Had This:confused3 :confused3 I Just Cannot Get Through To Animal Kingdom Via Email:confused3 :confused3

Every Time I Email Them,I Get A Response From Yahoo Telling Me That My Email Has Been In The Queue Too Long And They Wont Be Trying Again!! Has Anyone Else Had This:confused3 :confused3 I Just Cannot Get Through To Animal Kingdom Via Email:confused3 :confused3

I've never heard of that problem. We'll try to help you. First, let's make sure you have the correct address (since it did change about 5 months ago):

animal.kingdom.lodge.itinerary.planning@disneyworld.com

Try clicking on it and sending another email to them. If that still doesn't work, PM me (I have an idea!) :)

I am using the email Laura provided and sending via my yahoo email and have had no problems

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. We are planning a trip in 2009 and are planning to spend half of our trip at AKL-concierge. Can anyone help me with these questions:

-- What do the "beads" look like for the activities. What ages are the activities fun for? Is it worth spending more time at AKL (instead of, say, an evening at one of the parks) to participate in these activities and other ones?

We had dinner at Boma on our last trip to the "world" and instantly knew that we HAD to stay at AKL next time we came to WDW. We are really excited to stay there but dont want to miss out on anything "must-do" activities!

Thanks for your help!

Hi everyone, I'm new to this thread. We are planning a trip in 2009 and are planning to spend half of our trip at AKL-concierge. Can anyone help me with these questions:

-- What do the "beads" look like for the activities. What ages are the activities fun for? Is it worth spending more time at AKL (instead of, say, an evening at one of the parks) to participate in these activities and other ones?

We had dinner at Boma on our last trip to the "world" and instantly knew that we HAD to stay at AKL next time we came to WDW. We are really excited to stay there but dont want to miss out on anything "must-do" activities!

Thanks for your help!

My kids really enjoyed the activities in September. The beads are different for each activity--for the animal tracking it was an elephant, for the Bongo game it was a patterned bead. The activities are scheduled throughout the day, so you kind of have to look at your schedule. Bongo was early evening, animal tracking was mid day. My kids were disappointed we weren't able to work in time for more.

I know that Boma makes great pressed coffee....but is there somewhere to get a good coffee to go? :coffee:

I understand that the CS stuff is dreadful and really need that caffeine fix before I face the day. ;)

Ev

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter