ABCs of a Nursing School Grad Trip + FL Keys Mini Report;D is for: Dang! Last Chapter of this TR...

Well 1st off PTN is the most awesome parade ever. That said if MSEP is showing PTN will be nowhere in sight. They brought it back for the Christmas holiday, but I'm sure once MSEP opens we wo.t see PTN for a while again.

Hmmmmm... ok, then. Sounds like our choice is made for us. Whatever is "playing" will be the one we see. Answers my question. LOL!

It's easy to do. I've missed many chapters in people's TRs unintentionally. Glad you went back to check! :)

That's where it pays off to read the comments in between the updates now and then. When you see other discussing something that you have no clue why it is being discussed, it might be a hint of things missed. Or not - comments often go all over the place!! :crazy:

Well 1st off PTN is the most awesome parade ever. That said if MSEP is showing PTN will be nowhere in sight. They brought it back for the Christmas holiday, but I'm sure once MSEP opens we wo.t see PTN for a while again.

Hmmmmm... ok, then. Sounds like our choice is made for us. Whatever is "playing" will be the one we see. Answers my question. LOL!

The good news is however that PTN will be around for years to enjoy! From what I have heard it needs a serious refurb after having been going strong through the 60th anniversary celebrations. That is why they brought MSEP back to fill that void (it seems that WDW does not need a nighttime parade, but DL cannot survive without one? :sad2:) until PTN is back! There were also some rumors about difficult costume designs that need to be reworked as they were too dangerous for the CMs who were performing in them (more or less too heavy and therefore injuring the performers). Considering that DL is your local part, I am confident that you will get your chance and then can join Alison and me in the PTN fan club!

I saw that you were back! I'm super happy you got to go and spend that time with all those cutie patooties of yours. Hmmm PD? Please explain...

Definitely looking forward to the photos and hearing how you pulled that off. 6!!!!!! little ones? WHOA!

Always a party at La Casa de Buren. I missed my tamales this year, but there's only so many hours in a day. I have all week off, so may do some up. Because tamales.

LOL! Thanks, but total fail. Makes me wanna to a re-do.

Thanks! I was working on them in Starbucks the other morning and got a few comments from behind me. I told them if they sent me back I could get some pictures just for them. ;)

Hey, couldn't help to try, right? :rolleyes1

Now that the kids are back in school tomorrow

You're lucky! My youngest has another week of break still yet, she's starting to go stir cray. And my college freshman doesn't go back until the 16 th :sad2:

Someday, I'll get myself to a Christmas shin dig out there, but honestly the crowd levels scare the bejeezus out of me.

Honestly at the beginning of December the crowds were very manageable. I'd totally go again at that time. Low crowds and perfect weather :sunny: there's no way in the world you could get me down there around Christmas tho..

I'll be at DLR from March 28th-April 1st or so.

Ah, ok. I am having some sort of memory lapse or something. Now that you've told me again I do recall you planning a DLR trip. Is it just the ticker that's fairly new then? We will be at DW Feb. 24-March 2, so yes missing you by a month, but at the wrong location :rotfl:

Should be a bomb diggity time. A

Sounds like a fantastical DISmeet shindig!

Yes, I may do a TR, we'll see... But missing you by a month?! What's up with that!? Que no bueno!

Would love to at least see some photos of all you guys together if you decide not to do a full blown TR.

Well, that just sucks hard, because, of all the things I wanted to get a decent photo of, it was of He Who Rides Headless.

And I blew it!

Well, not technically, but kinda.

NO, I blew it.

D'oh. It can't be that bad, can it?

Now, I don't know about y'all, but I have a very special knack and talent for biffing it royally in parade timing. Avoiding them, that is.

I'm all about avoiding the parades!

There is only ONE, and I do mean exactly ONE, parade I will seek out a spot and sit for a while in rapt anticipation. MSEP, in my humble yet much debated, opinion is the only one worth really giving the time of night to.

Well, if you say so. If I weigh MSEP vs. riding Big Thunder at night, Big Thunder wins every time.

Call me nostalgic, call me sappy

You're nostalgic! You're sappy!

(I've been called far worse, so go ahead, lay it on me)

Oh. Were we supposed to do worse?

Boo! To You!
A trick or treat,
For you!
That's boo,
It's you know who....

Buahahaha! Let me know how long you were tormented with that.

Not at all! I've never once heard the song, so I have no idea how it goes.

I was a little sad for the stroller that was "accidentally" launched a few (dozen) feet back, and it was unfortunate for the lady with the walker that I had to misplace, but well, this was the BOO to YOU Parade.

Hey, I don't see their names on the deed to the property.

IMG_0192.jpg

Well, you're trying to take a photo of a moving subject at night. That's hard for anybody to pull off.

Allow me now to just say, that this is hands down, turn around, the 2nd best parade Disney has to offer. It is my opinion and therefore correct. Talk to the hand.

I think I agree. My favorite parade is the one where I walk down Main St. at rope drop.

This next one is titled: Inspiration for the Hoop de Doo Men's Bathroom.

:rotfl:I still don't have a good explanation for that "artwork", but I'm glad it's there.

There always has to be a personal favorite of the bunch. THIS one is IT! Hot diggity. Score!

Nice timing!:thumbsup2

Seriously, this is truly one of Disney's finest productions anywhere. I still think I like World of Color better, but this certainly rivals for top spot.

Never seen Hallowishes either. I think World of Color is a neat show, but my experience with that was colored (see what I did there?) by the pretend-to-be-a-sardine-for-an-hour experience before the show.

WHAT THE WHAT??! Is that light pole doing in ALL of my photos.

Just like World of Color! :rotfl:

Disney, your Queen is not happy. Unleash the monkeys and may a pox smite the idiot who chose this spot.

Oh wait, that would be me.

D'oh. Call off the monkeys!

First, the projection show that I have no idea the name of. Feel free to enlighten me as I have ZERO desire at 10:43 PM on a work night to go dig and research the name of.

Castle Projection Show?

Let's Paint Pretty Pictures on the Castle Show?

Give the Castle a Cool Face Lift Show?

Let's Stall So People Forget About The Sardine Thing While They Wait For The Fireworks Show!

Once certain... products... are legal for recreational use in Florida, I think Disney could cash in on an Alice in Wonderland themed establishment and really rake in some income. Hookahs for all!

:rotfl2::rotfl2: This would also work with Dr. Strange-themed attractions.

Enjoy all the pictures, complete with a stupid, freaking light fixture in every. single. one.

But such pretty colors! And some great shots of the fireworks in there.

Obviously. Unless you're... you.

pffttt..... I'm not happy with my HH shot. One of these days I'll figure it out.

That's an old throwback from my SoCal days. Some are just too good to put out to pasture.

::yes::

I am confused by this comment. Please, enlighten me.

I didn't care for the old 3pm parade, but I find the Festival of Fantasy parade is really good.

Give it some time...

:lmao:

You didn't enjoy this parade as a whole package?!! :scared1::sad2:

Hey, you can have crack trip reporting or I can enjoy it. You can't have both.

Smart man.

First time for everything.

It was in post-processing. Almost as annoying as the lightpost in front of the castle. But less so because her white arm was croppable.

Should've left it in! It would've been a running gag.

I actually am inclined to agree with you on this one.

:faint: It happened! Thank you God!

I took 585 of the Halloween Party. Tough to narrow down.

Oy! Remember film? "Okay. I have 6 rolls of 36 prints" "Wow! You're going to take tons of photos!!"

I really, REALLY hope you like it. I know it's a genre some don't care for (projection), but I think the material chosen and the music make for a great show.

I'll actually try to listen to it then. :rolleyes1

I like it for the dancing and Broadway quality voices.

The singing was good... but... when you've seen as much dancing as I have....

Why?! Why do they change stuff so often? Hardly gives us a chance to see stuff twice.

Exhibit a: "We've seen all that Disney has. We're going to go again in 10 years."
Exhibit b: "We were just there last month, but they have new stuff so we're going again."

But you do! Almost every other Meet and Greet is a princess, no? Some of them will even throw in a free hug. I've seen photographic evidence on a certain someone's TR. <ahem>

:rolleyes1

That's where it pays off to read the comments in between the updates now and then. When you see other discussing something that you have no clue why it is being discussed, it might be a hint of things missed. Or not - comments often go all over the place!! :crazy:

Well, lately I've sure been having time to do that. I'm lucky to hit the chapter updates! Sheesh! As for comments going all over the place- this crowd seems to be notorious for that. (I may be the worst offender! LOL!)

The good news is however that PTN will be around for years to enjoy! From what I have heard it needs a serious refurb after having been going strong through the 60th anniversary celebrations. That is why they brought MSEP back to fill that void (it seems that WDW does not need a nighttime parade, but DL cannot survive without one? :sad2:) until PTN is back! There were also some rumors about difficult costume designs that need to be reworked as they were too dangerous for the CMs who were performing in them (more or less too heavy and therefore injuring the performers). Considering that DL is your local part, I am confident that you will get your chance and then can join Alison and me in the PTN fan club!

Whelp, that certainly does seem to be good news! And yes, I will likely be at DLR as often as once a year. Maybe... I dunno... maybe I'll alternate WDW, DLR, WDW... Seems legit.

Hmmm, the PTN Fan Club. I kinda like that! Pick me, pick me! <goes to find YouTube PTN>

Hey, couldn't help to try, right? :rolleyes1

You just never know! Hey, I take pictures. Want some. Have I got a deal for you! :lmao:

You're lucky! My youngest has another week of break still yet, she's starting to go stir cray. And my college freshman doesn't go back until the 16 th :sad2:

OY! You poor thing! Mine were really getting bored. Even with extra gaming time.

Send them out to clean out the gutters. We did. :lmao:

Honestly at the beginning of December the crowds were very manageable. I'd totally go again at that time. Low crowds and perfect weather :sunny: there's no way in the world you could get me down there around Christmas tho..

Well, that's good to know! I really would someday like to go see the decorations at both the parks and the resorts. Might have to look into that.

Ah, ok. I am having some sort of memory lapse or something. Now that you've told me again I do recall you planning a DLR trip. Is it just the ticker that's fairly new then? We will be at DW Feb. 24-March 2, so yes missing you by a month, but at the wrong location :rotfl:

Yes, the ticker is a new little accessory. ;)

Someday, Kelly, we do need to plan a little Meet up. That would be very nice for sure. I sense a little fun in the mix.

Sounds like a fantastical DISmeet shindig!

I'm definitely looking forward to this one! Good company, and in a great place with some fun stuff planned.

Would love to at least see some photos of all you guys together if you decide not to do a full blown TR.

Well, if my arm is twisted hard enough, I suppooooooose I could write a little sumpthin'. ;)

D'oh. It can't be that bad, can it?

Well, you saw it. :rolleyes2

I'm all about avoiding the parades!

I am too, but the last 2 trips I've ended up hopeless stuck behind ropes with zero options for getting to the attractions while they're empty.

Well, if you say so. If I weigh MSEP vs. riding Big Thunder at night, Big Thunder wins every time.

Nope. BTMRR AFTER MSEP. Then you get both. (and yes, you CAN do both, if you position yourself properly in Frontierland for MSEP)

Oh. Were we supposed to do worse?

You guys take things WAY too literally.

Not at all! I've never once heard the song, so I have no idea how it goes.

Do it. I dare you!

Well, you're trying to take a photo of a moving subject at night. That's hard for anybody to pull off.

A girl can dream of the impossible, no? Some dreams do come true; I heard that in Disney, ya know.

I think I agree. My favorite parade is the one where I walk down Main St. at rope drop.

Fine. Fair point.

Never seen Hallowishes either. I think World of Color is a neat show, but my experience with that was colored (see what I did there?) by the pretend-to-be-a-sardine-for-an-hour experience before the show.

I did!

Yeah, it was definitely the MOST crowded nighttime show experience I've EVER had. And I admit it was uncomfortable. But still, the show itself is very good.

Just like World of Color! :rotfl:

Just like that. LOL!

Let's Stall So People Forget About The Sardine Thing While They Wait For The Fireworks Show!

Works for me.

But such pretty colors! And some great shots of the fireworks in there.

Thanks. I like the gold one best and made it my startup screen wallpaper.

pffttt..... I'm not happy with my HH shot. One of these days I'll figure it out.

Huge eyeroll.

I didn't care for the old 3pm parade, but I find the Festival of Fantasy parade is really good.

You just keep enjoying that. I'll be on HM. See you in an hour.

Hey, you can have crack trip reporting or I can enjoy it. You can't have both.

OH, I see where our priorities lie...

First time for everything.

And another eyeroll.

:faint: It happened! Thank you God!

I know! Miracles happen every. single. day.

Oy! Remember film? "Okay. I have 6 rolls of 36 prints" "Wow! You're going to take tons of photos!!"

I do remember film. If you were lucky you'd get one good shot on the roll of 36- the rest was garbage. AND you had to pay like $10 a roll for developing. AND they all look like crap now. (If you still have any of them.)

I'll actually try to listen to it then. :rolleyes1

Pretty sure my eyes are now firmly stuck inside my head backwards now. Because since you're already committed to a TR, you'll now enjoy not much... since you "can't do both". Awesome.

The singing was good... but... when you've seen as much dancing as I have....

So then, I take it Broadway just sucks for you. Bummer.

Exhibit a: "We've seen all that Disney has. We're going to go again in 10 years."
Exhibit b: "We were just there last month, but they have new stuff so we're going again."

Exhibit c: Some diehards go back for the same things that served to make them fall in love with Disney.

Happy New Year! Have you been practising using a spade on the floor to draw sparks to save money on fireworks?

Just honing my technique this week. I'll post a video when I've got it down pat!

Huge eyeroll.

Hey! Watch where you roll them eyes, sister!

You just keep enjoying that. I'll be on HM. See you in an hour.

Nah. I'll join you. I've seen it... twice now. I'm good.

OH, I see where our priorities lie...

Well, at the time.... yeah.

I do remember film. If you were lucky you'd get one good shot on the roll of 36- the rest was garbage. AND you had to pay like $10 a roll for developing. AND they all look like crap now. (If you still have any of them.)

Nope! I have an awesome one of an arctic fox who was very polite and posed for me. Plus a few others of foxes, ice, snow and polar bears that are pretty good IMHO.

Pretty sure my eyes are now firmly stuck inside my head backwards now.

:lmao:

Because since you're already committed to a TR, you'll now enjoy not much... since you "can't do both". Awesome.

I've already decided to tone that TR... wayyyyyy down. I want to enjoy DL. It'll all be new.
I think my readers are demanding a TR, but..... it'll be a shallow one on details I think.

So then, I take it Broadway just sucks for you. Bummer.

I wouldn't know... never been to Broadway.

But I enjoyed Les Mis and Phantom was amazing (all three times I saw it.)

Exhibit c: Some diehards go back for the same things that served to make them fall in love with Disney.

Yeah, but those "c" folk are going back no matter what. It's the others that Disney wants to lure.

Hey! Watch where you roll them eyes, sister!

Oh, I always watch where (and when) I roll these eyes.

Nah. I'll join you. I've seen it... twice now. I'm good.

Well, only if you're sure. Don't wanna pull you away from a parade now. (Must keep eyes firmly ahead...)

Nope! I have an awesome one of an arctic fox who was very polite and posed for me. Plus a few others of foxes, ice, snow and polar bears that are pretty good IMHO.

And I'd actually like to see those someday.

I've already decided to tone that TR... wayyyyyy down. I want to enjoy DL. It'll all be new.
I think my readers are demanding a TR, but..... it'll be a shallow one on details I think.

I'm curious to see if you can (and will) pull this off....

I wouldn't know... never been to Broadway.

I didn't necessarily mean TO Broadway proper, but a Broadway-style show. So, obviously you have (VV) as seen below.

Phantom was amazing (all three times I saw it.)

Oh sure, rub it in.

But Les Mis> Phantom, but only VERY barely. The story of the redemption of a lost soul is a little more touching to me than the story of a deep love pursued in the wrong way. Meh, maybe a discussion for DISMeet.

H is for Happy Halloween- Pt. 5 and Final Thoughts

Sometime before or after Hallowishes (Really does it matter? Take the story for what it is, ok? Your Humble Authoress is having long-term memory loss), it was time to put the finishing touches on the evening. We all still had plenty of life left in us, so we headed off to find some more scary adventures. And I do believe I found the scariest of them all to torment and terrify my children beyond anything they could possibly imagine. I mean isn't that my job as a parent? Find the things they least like to do; ones in which they will do anything to get out of? You know, like do the dishes or clean their rooms. How is it even possible that the minute you ask any of them to do such horrifying acts of drudgery, they suddenly have to use the bathroom (for a looooong time...."Still busy, Mom!") or they have "reading to do for school"?

Oh! You say this is Mickey's NOT So Scary Party? Au contraire, mes amis! This is now QueenSteppe's Party in Hades, Kiddos. We have so many more terrifying adventures ahead of us.

Payback time, Baby!!

Hmmm, the scariest thing in aaaaalll of Steppedom....? Let me think.

Space Mountain? Well, yeah for an old fart like me with neck problems. Sure. But for young kids with thrill issues? Not so much.

The line for 7DMT? Oh yeah, that one's pretty frightening. But we'd already seen that little cottage of questionable comings and goings. (Rohypnol, anyone?)

Casey Dogs? We'd be re-visiting that all night long. (Doesn't everyone?)

I KNOW! I know just the thing to strike fear in the hearts of every young teen (and DISDad) in all of Queen's Steppedom.

Follow me, if you dare! Come on, Kids, this'll be fun!

Just a few more step(pe)s now... almost there. Closer, closer....

THEEEERE we go:

Awww, the little dancing dolly ride. And that cute little song. You know.... a smile means friendship to everyone!

:flower1:

Since we're already here and the kids now must endure 15 minutes of torture, you're going to also. Afterall, this IS Mickey's Not So Scary Party gone terribly, terribly bad.

After we emerged from The Pit of Despair, and promises to not whine or complain ever, ever again on this trip, we found other less scary adventures to pursue. (My work there was done.)

Like duck butts hanging out of a wall after being launched across the room. Not scary at all.

We kept wandering around, passing this (possibly one of my favorite shots of the whole night).

We also ran into this Charmer and got the 2nd character photo of the trip. For those of you who have guesses in The Contest, there was a question about whether or not I'd get at least one photo with any character. There were few, but at least one.

Soon enough, it was time to find the Funniest Scariest (Not-so-much) voices in all of Steppe's Realm. We met back up with Karilynn at this point and spent a bit more time chatting and people-watching with her. Sounds like we may see you again soon, @Malia78 . The Cadaver Dans were in a dead heat with the Spelltacular Show for entertainment value. I enjoyed them equally as much. Their humor was rotten, very similar to their corpse-like appearances. The corny factor ran way high with these guys, and as always their harmony was tight and en pointe. Did any of you know that once upon a million years ago I sang with a Sweet Adelines Group? Your Steppe Trivia of the day. You're welcome.

We parted ways for the night after that so we could catch our final fun for the night.

Once upon a time, 3 sisters wanted to throw the most perfect Halloween Party ever. So they summoned all of their magic and, with the help of a bunch of their Villainous counterparts, conjured up a great little evening soiree replete with fireworks, dance parties, and unlimited candy,. Because what's scarier than a root canal at the dentist?

Oh! I know! Pick me, pick me!

A 3 year old waking up after a root canal at a surgical center after getting Propofol and Versed.

Ask me how I know.

:scared1::scared1::scared1:

Eh hem... where was I?

OH yes, The Villian's Spelltacular!

Great music, Broadway quality voices, all the coolest Villains including Cruella, Oogie Boogie, Hades, Jafar, and so many more, pyrotechnics (sorry, folks, NOTHING more bombtastic than chemical fire. Well, ok, maybe a bleve from a distance.), and really, really great hip hop. I made it 400 times scarier (and embarrassing) for my kids by making sure to sing along. We actually had a bit of a wait for the show, and the hangries were making the rounds.

I don't know about your household, but there may possibly BE nothing more blood curdling than 2 teenagers who've been deprived of food for more than 3 hours. Seriously, you saw dinner, right? More hot dog action than a pooch park in August. Where does it all go?!?! Granted that was at 6:00, so whatever. They'd gone an agonizing 5 hours. The Abusers Anonymous number is 1-800-Wht-Ever.

Fine, off to find life sustaining grub for the kiddos (please, also ignore the fact, that your gracious hostess ate approximately 1/3 of the meal) while they waited. Sadly, and this is my only complaint about MNSSHP, there wasn't a lot open in the way of food. The closest place I could find, and it was BARELY open, I think I was the LAST customer of the night at 10:40 or so, was Cosmic Ray's. Which was fine. I dunno, if was in charge, I think I'd have a few more carts open with heavy appie type foods like eggrolls, or pizza slices or, I dunno, hot food that is filling, but not a full meal. After all the running around, and being in a hurry to cram as much in as possible, I'd bet a lot of folks are hungry by 11:00 and needing a heavy snack, not popcorn and ice cream. Anyway, I got a roasted chicken dinner and 2 sides of Mac Cheese for the 3 of us to split. Satiated, the eye rolling, whining, and general attitude tossing stopped for the most part. Not entirely, because I don't think teenagers are capable of being 100% amiable all the time. (Please ignore the woman behind the keyboard and her sassy 'tude on occasion.)

A word about Cosmic Ray's: It was pretty decent, actually. The chicken was very tender and juicy- not dried or overdone at all, nicely spiced. I got the green beans as a side along with mashed potatoes which were also not bad. I detest overcooked green beans and these were nicely steamed and still tender-crisp enough for my liking. The mac cheese was your standard (too salty), fake cheese-smothered variety. I'd love for it to have been the kind made with real cheddar, but it wasn't. Don't get me wrong, fake cheese is God's gift to mankind and I could swim in it and be a happy woman, but this was only meh. Maybe a little bread crumb topping? Some bacon added? I dunno; it lacked.... something. But we ate it. Desperate times.... I could have sworn I had photos, at least on my phone, but I can't find what I thought I had taken. It was a chicken dinner and a couple cups of generic mac -n- cheese. Use your imagination. Or Google.

The crowd wasn't terribly thick for the last showing of the evening, so we stayed put on the concrete bench real estate we'd claimed earlier to watch the show. Here are the very few photos that sorta turned out:

And now, some final thoughts about our party night and the event in general. If you are looking for an evening of top notch entertainment, a chance to hit some rides with very short queues, and a chance to see Disney artistry at its very best, this is the hard ticket event for you. I'm giving it a Steppe's 2 Thumbs Up, and would highly recommend going at least once just to check it out. IMHO, very worth the price.

After the Spelltacular, we took our time moseying out of the park. We knew the bus lines would be equally as hair raising as the party itself (Disney goes 100% in for every aspect of their events, no?). We were bone tired, but wanted to savour the very last ounces of the fun decorations and party lighting, so mosey-mode it was.

As we got to the bus line, we found the line was non-existent, but that doesn't mean a bus was coming any time soon. Why would Steppe's Clan ever qualify for a quick wait for a bus? It just doesn't happen. Ever. Instead we waited... oh... <consults Notes on phone> about 23 minutes. Oh, it wasn't all that bad, the other guests who lined up behind us were in pretty good moods and making small talk with one another, and the CM bus loader guy happened to also be an Anime Goober just like my son. We had no sooner walked up and got to the front of the line (of course a bus had just pulled away and we were in front) than this guy says to Zach, "Shouldn't you have a little white dog on your shoulder?" Zach was at first really confused, but after a moment of thought realized the guy was talking to him about his cosplay get up. For the next 15 or so minutes, he and the kids yacked it up about all things Anime. Gooberdude asked them what their favorite episodes of this or that (no, I can't remember or name 98% of what they were specifically talking about) they liked, who was the best or strongest character, blah, blah, blah, and I was just like, I'll bet the bus is going to be colder than Crapistan in January.

Guess what?! I was right!

And that concludes our series on H is for Happy Halloween, Boys and Girls. For those of you who've been, I hope this was a fun trip down Memory Lane; for those who haven't been to one yet, I hope it's inspired you to try it before Disney pulls the plug on it. (They do that occasionally, you know.)

At the very least you get a pretty cool little souvenir:

I'll leave you with the last photo I found in this lot. Until next time, Cheerio!

Thanks for your insight into the mnsshp last time for my family was 2014 which now seems years ago looking at it it's good that it metamorphics in to something new every few years. to make it worth while to come back for more.That's the thing about the buses when one disappears into the distance it's not long until the next one turns up.You have some great shots of the sanders sisters show.We like cosmic rays for food it caters for every one there all under one roof so to speek plenty of variety

Just wanted to pop in and say howdy. I am so far behind on everything! I even missed the last round of Ponzies game. Made me cry! Hoping to get caught up on everything over the weekend.

With the holidays and all the stuff to find a job and get back to work after being laid off, things have been crazy here! In the 2 weeks before Christmas I made 2 back pack purses...
bpp1.jpg
bpp2.jpg
1 Bingo Bag that converts into a Purse
bb1.jpg

A full size picture quilt
quilt.jpg

1 Christmas tree skirt

treeskirt.jpg

4 pair of adult and 4 pair of child PJ pants...
pj's.jpg
9 Door hanger ornaments
doorhanger.jpg

10 each of Sand art brownies in a jar, Choc chip cookies in a jar, and snicker-doodle cake in a jar
jars.jpg

33 Hot cocoa ornaments (don't have the exact pics of these, but they are very similar to these)
cocoa ornament.jpg

And 10 Basket liners (only showing 4 of them) for the baskets that held all the goodies we made for each family within our huge family.
baskets.jpg

Oh and have had meetings with Ohio means jobs for my unemployment and am going Monday to take entry test at MTC (Marion tech college) and get registered for classes starting Monday afternoon for Ultrasound/Sonography tech If they are not full. All this while my hands have been swelling like balloons from the RA and ankles becoming cankles (seriously, so swollen, it was blobbing out over my shoes) because either I am still experiencing side effects from the Rituxan (can take 4 months to get out of your system) or it is a side effect from the new medication.

I missed wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year... so better late than never, right?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

I swear, those almost-a-teenager types put some pretty stiff competition for the hangries with the actual teens! My favorite is when they tell you how there isn't ANNYYY FOOD IN THE HOUSE and then you rattle off a dozen different food items they could eat (without much prep, either, mind you). And then it turns out they really are just mad because you are out of their favorite Trader Joe's Orange Chicken, and apparently nothing else will do. Yup.

Strangely enough, I felt inspired to remind both children about all the chores they really ought to do today, before I left for work. I have to wonder if they will have made any progress whatsoever. They seemed to think I was torturing them. Along with the early wake-up call (at 9:15), to try and get them ready for the end of Winter Break on Monday. When they will have to get up more like 6:30. Torture.

Gosh, this sounds so much like your Trip Report! Except, without going to WDW!

Thanks for your insight into the mnsshp last time for my family was 2014 which now seems years ago looking at it it's good that it metamorphics in to something new every few years. to make it worth while to come back for more.That's the thing about the buses when one disappears into the distance it's not long until the next one turns up.You have some great shots of the sanders sisters show.We like cosmic rays for food it caters for every one there all under one roof so to speek plenty of variety

You're very welcome! I'm happy to be writing a TR that people enjoy reading. :)

I loved the Show a lot. Not quite as much as the parade, maybe, but enough that I'd see it again.

Cosmic Ray's was actually on our list of places to hit up this trip, but I didn't really expect it to be during the party. I'm just glad SOMETHING was open at all that late.

Just wanted to pop in and say howdy. I am so far behind on everything! I even missed the last round of Ponzies game. Made me cry! Hoping to get caught up on everything over the weekend.

With the holidays and all the stuff to find a job and get back to work after being laid off, things have been crazy here! In the 2 weeks before Christmas I made 2 back pack purses...
View attachment 213520
View attachment 213521
1 Bingo Bag that converts into a Purse
View attachment 213522

A full size picture quilt
View attachment 213543

1 Christmas tree skirt

View attachment 213523

4 pair of adult and 4 pair of child PJ pants...
View attachment 213524
9 Door hanger ornaments
View attachment 213540

10 each of Sand art brownies in a jar, Choc chip cookies in a jar, and snicker-doodle cake in a jar
View attachment 213541

33 Hot cocoa ornaments (don't have the exact pics of these, but they are very similar to these)
View attachment 213542

And 10 Basket liners (only showing 4 of them) for the baskets that held all the goodies we made for each family within our huge family.
View attachment 213525

Oh and have had meetings with Ohio means jobs for my unemployment and am going Monday to take entry test at MTC (Marion tech college) and get registered for classes starting Monday afternoon for Ultrasound/Sonography tech If they are not full. All this while my hands have been swelling like balloons from the RA and ankles becoming cankles (seriously, so swollen, it was blobbing out over my shoes) because either I am still experiencing side effects from the Rituxan (can take 4 months to get out of your system) or it is a side effect from the new medication.

I missed wishing everyone a Merry Christmas and a Happy New year... so better late than never, right?

Merry Christmas and Happy New Year everyone!

Holy crap, Girl! You done been busy! PHEW! I could hardly get dinner on the table. I am glad though that you were finding ways to keep yourself busy during this hiatus. I'm sure everyone really appreciated the beautiful gifts you made. And yes, I do mean it; they are all very lovely! I'm a quilter too, but haven't in quite a while.

Let us know how the meetings and the entry tests go!! We'd love to have updates, so we can cheer you on!!! US Tech is a GREAT job! Good luck!

I hope they can get to the bottom of the swelling. That doesn't sound fun at all! You poor thing. :(

I swear, those almost-a-teenager types put some pretty stiff competition for the hangries with the actual teens! My favorite is when they tell you how there isn't ANNYYY FOOD IN THE HOUSE and then you rattle off a dozen different food items they could eat (without much prep, either, mind you). And then it turns out they really are just mad because you are out of their favorite Trader Joe's Orange Chicken, and apparently nothing else will do. Yup.

Strangely enough, I felt inspired to remind both children about all the chores they really ought to do today, before I left for work. I have to wonder if they will have made any progress whatsoever. They seemed to think I was torturing them. Along with the early wake-up call (at 9:15), to try and get them ready for the end of Winter Break on Monday. When they will have to get up more like 6:30. Torture.

Gosh, this sounds so much like your Trip Report! Except, without going to WDW!

Kids these days. LOL! One insists on Lil' Smokes be in the house at all times. And tortillas are mandatory fare... forever. I soooo get what you're saying!

As for progress on chores? Don't hold your breath. Mine had a rude awakening (literally) on Tuesday when they headed back. Gone are the vacation days of staying up til 1:00AM and getting up at noon. I tried to warn them...

Torture? No, the torture is on the parents who have to break out the cattle prods.

I should have thrown a cattle prod or two into this Chapter.

Awww, the little dancing dolly ride. And that cute little song. You know.... a smile means friendship to everyone!
OK, so I'm going to tell you a secret. I actually (kind of) like it's a small world. Shhh...don't tell, they might take away my DisDads number for saying that. See, I can't say it's the best ride, but it's just so...Disney. It's become a family tradition that it's the first ride we do on our first day back in MK. It just gives me a warm "yes, we're back" feeling. It just makes me happy.

We kept wandering around, passing this (possibly one of my favorite shots of the whole night).

I love the more artistic shots of Disney. As much as I like the castle, seeing the same view of it for the 8000th time is not all that exciting. I'm also sad I don't have the natural talent for composing and taking pictures like that.

I made it 400 times scarier (and embarrassing) for my kids by making sure to sing along.
One of the best reasons for becoming a parent is having license to embarrass your kids. I try to take any opportunity. Examples, you say?

What's that (then) 14 year old DD, you think dads who wear socks with sandals and tuck in their shirts are "lame". Oh look, it's time for picture, and I'm wearing my "great dad" Father's Day button as icing on the cake! (just to be clear, I don't actually dress like that, it was more of a embarrassment challenge at that point).

10410340_10154279191335076_1359792437423907802_n.jpg

And what's that other daughter? You don't like Star Wars and think May the 4th/Star Wars day is a stupid idea? OK, time to let daddy walk you to the bus stop!

13724_10155497500710076_4708739689673405326_n.jpg

Seriously, you saw dinner, right? More hot dog action than a pooch park in August. Where does it all go?!?!
When I was 17, I have no idea where it all went. I could eat like a horse and was still skinny as a rake. Now, I can tell you without question that every Hersey's Kiss eaten during Christmas has gone directly to my waistline.

A word about Cosmic Ray's: It was pretty decent, actually.
I've been there once, maybe twice, and I think the same. It's not overly memorable, but it's fine. I would have no problem going back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter